Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,776 members, 7,831,495 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available - Health (259) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (638788 Views)

Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available / Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) ... (305) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 5:16am On Sep 07, 2019
Gulher:
I'm having chest gas pains, pile and menstural migraine. Can i use paracetamol or ibuprofen for relief without worsening the chest pain?
cc 2ballz
How are you doing now? Do you mean menstrual migraine?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 5:47am On Sep 07, 2019
Integrator1:

Good afternoon Dr, male, late twenty..

I had sore throat some weeks back, took drugs prescribed by doctors and it worked. I have been sweating excessively throughout the day especially after doing little work even after walking a certain distance. Loss of appetite, I haven't been eating, pain sometimes in both hands, leg , and excessively reducing in weight.

No symptoms of fever that I notice.
Temperature, normal.
BP 120/80.

I have done hiv, hepatitis B, C last month all negative.. I have been taking prescribed drugs but I'm still losing weight. Please what could be wrong with me? And what test do I still need to carry out?

Used Axerem (azithromycin) and loratadine for the sore throat.

Marcflic, P-alaxin-Ts, paracetamol to treat malaria.

Have you seen a doctor after dropping this post? At least it took a week before mine seeing this.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Emily22(m): 6:34am On Sep 07, 2019
2Ballz:

Your abdominal ultrasound went fine except for collection of fluids between your large intestines and the walls of your abdomen. That is for ascites. Ascitic fluid can be linked to many factors. Then another impression in your result is a swollen liver leading from a liver containing extra fats. This may or may not be responsible ascites aside of infection.
These are not just enough to explain your numbness at your right lower trunk. But I think if you will improve as to seek to known by furtherance of test and scans what could have lead to fluid accumulating in your abdomen and fats in your liver, this may help to solve other problems that may come from these and the one at hand.

Thanks a lot

I did urine test

Culture yielded: yielded scanty growth of staphylococcus specie after 24hrs incubation at 37°c

Also....no hepatitis

Malaria seen with typhoid also.....

I have to cut off alcohol totally I guess

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Babysuccess02(f): 6:45am On Sep 07, 2019
2Ballz:

Thyroid function test is to know have knowledge of your thyroid activities and to know if a low thyroid activity could have responsible for this.
A low blood sugar can come up with such complaints too. So, it is necessary to know blood glucose for the now, though I feel it is okay.
WBC and RBC count and differentials is to know if there are any cases of anemia, infection or even allergy.
OK. thanks doc.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 7:02am On Sep 07, 2019
Emily22:

Thanks a lot

I did urine test

Culture yielded: yielded scanty growth of staphylococcus specie after 24hrs incubation at 37°c

Also....no hepatitis

Malaria seen with typhoid also.....

I have to cut off alcohol totally I guess

Treat your malaria and typhoid;put a stop to your alcohol drinking and one month later, you may try to run a Plasma cholesterol/triglyceride profile to know how much it has improved. It is normal to have a scanty growth of staphylococcus aureus even in the most healthy person. Don't bother about that.

You will be fine. I am positive about it.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 7:06am On Sep 07, 2019
Babysuccess02:
OK. thanks doc.
You are welcome.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Gulher: 7:50am On Sep 07, 2019
2Ballz:

How are you doing now? Do you mean menstrual migraine?
yes sir menstrual migraine. It has gone away except a little occasional faint headache. The chest pain just started going away. When i feel the gas trying to come out, the chest gets tighter. But i burp when i walk around and when i drink water and it hurts when i swallow or inhale deeply. I've been using antacid.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 9:02am On Sep 07, 2019
Gulher:
yes sir menstrual migraine. It has gone away except a little occasional faint headache. The chest pain just started going away. When i feel the gas trying to come out, the chest gets tighter. But i burp when i walk around and when i drink water and it hurts when i swallow or inhale deeply. I've been using antacid.
Is this your first time experiencing a migraine during or after your menstruation? What did you use to reduce symptoms?

The chest pain came soon as you started the treatment for the migraine headache or, it was something associating with it before treatment?

Do you have problem with indigestion or peptic ulcer disease before now?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Gulher: 9:40am On Sep 07, 2019
2Ballz:

Is this your first time experiencing a migraine during or after your menstruation? What did you use to reduce symptoms?

The chest pain came soon as you started the treatment for the migraine headache or, it was something associating with it before treatment?

Do you have problem with indigestion or peptic ulcer disease before now?
My period always comes with migraines before, during, and after. I took paracetamol for a few days before it went.

The chest pain came after i ate beans while lying down a week ago. I dont think it is related to the migraine.

I dont know about ulcer but I've experienced indigestion and what think is acid reflux after eating certain things but never serious. It just goes away on its own. This is the longest duration and the first time i have had to take medication
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Emily22(m): 11:19am On Sep 07, 2019
2Ballz:

Treat your malaria and typhoid;put a stop to your alcohol drinking and one month later, you may try to run a Plasma cholesterol profile to know how much it has improved. It is normal to have a scanty growth of staphylococcus aureus even in the most healthy person. Don't bother about that.

You will be fine. I am positive about it.

Thanks a lot,I ll quote you back..

My nurse will start my treatment for malaria and typhoid today...the liquid stuff(drip) for the next 5 days..

Thanks a lot once again
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Leonardomike: 1:57pm On Sep 07, 2019
exclusivelyholy:

wormlike movement in the body, internal heat, boils at the private part, general weakness , same symptoms with me.

I want to suggest one thing for u go and buy lime and keep taking it with warm water every morning, don miss it, and make sure ur babe they take am too
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nheeeky1(f): 5:03pm On Sep 07, 2019
Hi Doc, please I would like to know if a female (not sexually active) have to do the pap smear test before getting HPV vaccine. Thank you
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 6:05pm On Sep 07, 2019
Nheeeky1:
Hi Doc, please I would like to know if a female (not sexually active) have to do the pap smear test before getting HPV vaccine. Thank you

It is not necessary since you are not sexually active unless your doctor request so, he or she should tell you why a pap smear should done before having the vaccine.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 6:06pm On Sep 07, 2019
Emily22:

Thanks a lot,I ll quote you back..

My nurse will start my treatment for malaria and typhoid today...the liquid stuff(drip) for the next 5 days..

Thanks a lot once again

You are welcome.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 6:17pm On Sep 07, 2019
Gulher:
My period always comes with migraines before, during, and after. I took paracetamol for a few days before it went.

The chest pain came after i ate beans while lying down a week ago. I dont think it is related to the migraine.

I dont know about ulcer but I've experienced indigestion and what think is acid reflux after eating certain things but never serious. It just goes away on its own. This is the longest duration and the first time i have had to take medication

What if you were open to the idea of prophylaxis to this migraine before your menstrual bleeding comes just as a prevention?

Since you have started having such things, If I were you I would have myself open to have a simple Urease breathe test for Helicobacter pylori to know if this can complicate to Peptic ulcer disease.

In other hand, when this episode of indigestion comes again don't use an antacid, either use any of those drugs as Cimetidine, Famotidine or Ranitidine. The use of Proton pump Inhibitor and Antibiotics is also a great idea.

These should be taken on prescription bases.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Didijiji: 8:20pm On Sep 07, 2019
2Ballz:

What if you were open to the idea of prophylaxis to this migraine before your menstrual bleeding comes just as a prevention?

Since you have started having such things, If I were you I would have myself open to have a simple Urease breathe test for Helicobacter pylori to know if this can complicate to Peptic ulcer disease.

In other hand, when this episode of indigestion comes again don't use an antacid, either use any of those drugs as Cimetidine, Famotidine or Ranitidine. The use of Proton pump Inhibitor and Antibiotics is also a great idea.

These should be taken on prescription bases.
You are doing a great job..God reward you richly
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 8:23pm On Sep 08, 2019
Didijiji:
You are doing a great job..God reward you richly

Amen, and you also.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by AJJ17(m): 11:49am On Sep 13, 2019
Hello Doctor,

I have been having blood in my stool for a while now, though off and and on, also pain in anus, I later checked and discover a small pinkish skin tag causing the pain, each time i go the toilet i feel the skin tag and the pain will last for about 3hrs ,Kindly help. I have also been taking vegetables ,fruits ,pap only for over 3weeks , yet same problem.i do sitzh bath every morning .
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Emily22(m): 3:19pm On Sep 13, 2019
AJJ17:
Hello Doctor,

I have been having blood in my stool for a while now, though off and and on, also pain in anus, I later checked and discover a small pinkish skin tag causing the pain, each time i go the toilet i feel the skin tag and the pain will last for about 3hrs ,Kindly help. I have also been taking vegetables ,fruits ,pap only for over 3weeks , yet same problem.i do sitzh bath every morning .

Go for medical check-up
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by molybdenum0012: 5:27pm On Sep 13, 2019
AJJ17:
Hello Doctor,

This is exact symptoms I have been having.
Did research, I suspected harmorrhods also called pile.
Went to a general hospital, the doctor examined my anus and said it is anal fissure. He prescribed drugs such as anasol, flagyl, Augmenting etc.

I used them, but the itching did not stop, had to go back again, then another prescribed another drugs which really helped plus sitz bath. I still have appointment on Monday though.

like I said, they say it is pile also called " Jedi Jedi" in Yoruba and can be treated using herbs.
I believe in medical treatment though. That is why I am exploring that options before any other thing.

Like someone said, you will need to see a doctor for treatment first. In the mean time, change your diet to mainly vegetable, fruit and foods high on fiber. This will soften your stool and lessen the pain and continue with the sitz bath as well.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 8:24pm On Sep 13, 2019
AJJ17:
Hello Doctor,

See the doctor for a physical examination to causes of blood-stained faeces with respect to the lower intestinal tract. It is likely a pile haemorrhoid. However, seeing a doctor will raise up thoughts for other possible differentials.

For the now do as you have been advised by others having similar problem.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by juniorrate: 9:51pm On Sep 13, 2019
Nice thread
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by kingJoya(m): 10:04pm On Sep 13, 2019
doctors in the house. What is the cause of this? I suspected it to be whitlow but I was told that it wasn't.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by kingJoya(m): 10:05pm On Sep 13, 2019
kingJoya:
doctors in the house. What is the cause of this? I suspected it to be whitlow but I was told that it wasn't.
how can I post pics sef
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by TellBlazer(m): 10:12pm On Sep 13, 2019
Balogun:
you are doing all the right things. People dont seem to appreciate how much fluid you lose even with the slightest fever. Eating well gives the viruses the chance to live out their own life quicker. Good hydration, vitamins and carbohydrate is all you need. There is an obsession for antibiotics even in the uk. They now have problems with methicillin resistant staphylococcus aureus known as MRSA.
a
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by kingJoya(m): 10:14pm On Sep 13, 2019
kingJoya:
is this whitlow?

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 7:55am On Sep 14, 2019
juniorrate:
Please is anyone ever treated staph infection in here permanently bcz i feel likes those people sellin herbal here and claimin its cure it re jst riping off people
Except you want to waste your hard earned money continue to patronise those people that believe staphylococcal infection is the cause to candidiasis...
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 7:56am On Sep 14, 2019
TellBlazer:
pls how can I treat this MRSA
Do you have an infection cause by MRSA?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 7:59am On Sep 14, 2019
kingJoya:
Is it giving you pains?
Itching?
How old is that?
Does it contain pus? Or an ordinary blister?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Leonardomike: 8:09am On Sep 14, 2019
juniorrate:
Please is anyone ever treated staph infection in here permanently bcz i feel likes those people sellin herbal here and claimin its cure it re jst riping off people
stop wasting ur money and use warm water with lime every morning
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by kingJoya(m): 10:06am On Sep 14, 2019
2Ballz:

Is it giving you pains?
Itching?
How old is that?
Does it contain pus? Or an ordinary blister?
It pained me when it started. Now the pain has subsided and there's pus in it. It has stopped itching. It's about 3 days old.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by juniorrate: 10:36am On Sep 14, 2019
Plz like hw much will a general Lab cost me in general hospital, i want to check my whole body mostly infection,kidney and live bcz i take too much of alcohol

(1) (2) (3) ... (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) ... (305) (Reply)

How Can I Get Rid Of Black Spots On My Face? / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology / How Do I Calculate My Safe Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.