Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,589 members, 7,812,921 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:32 PM

Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available - Health (287) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (635710 Views)

Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available / Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) ... (305) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Luckydubby7(m): 10:12pm On Jun 03, 2020
Good evening house,
How Can I handle recurring malaria.
Is Primaquine advisable?
How much does it sold in Nigeria?
Thank you
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 10:32pm On Jun 03, 2020
Luckydubby7:
Good evening house,
How Can I handle recurring malaria.
Is Primaquine advisable?
How much does it sold in Nigeria?
Thank you
We don't advise you on self medication instead you should have an appointment with a doctor in the clinic for a full health review on this. Primaquine is helpful but other drugs of different action module may be added.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Luckydubby7(m): 10:35pm On Jun 03, 2020
2Ballz:

We don't advise you on self medication instead you should have an appointment with a doctor in the clinic for a full health review on this. Primaquine is helpful but other drugs of different action module may be added.
. I have done that with company recommended hospital but the kind of drugs they give us them can not do anything
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Luckydubby7(m): 10:36pm On Jun 03, 2020
2Ballz:

How much is this Primaquine?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by molybdenum0012: 10:58pm On Jun 03, 2020
2Ballz:

Which side of the wrist do you have this pain?
The left side of the wrist Yes

The side to the thumb finger? No

The side to the last finger? Yes, side to the last finger.

Central? No

Do you find pains trying to flex your wrist (as if you are fanning yourself with your palm surface folded)? No, it's only when I flex my palm towards the back of my wrist I feel the pain at the left wrist.

Do you find pains trying to extend your wrist(as if you are begging with the palm surface spread out)? No

Do you observe any loss of sensation anywhere on your palm? No

Does this pain seems to be traveling down to your fingers or going up to your arm? Both ways, but at the left part only, towards the left finge[/b]r

Any swelling before or at the present?
Redness and warmness of the wrist/palm?
Color of wrist? [b]No swelling, no redness or warmness.

Any present health condition or anyone your are born with? Have once treated hemorrhoids and Gerds symptoms, though still have them

Apart from the massaging, what medications have you used to treat and mange this wrist pain? Only massaging with cream and warm/hot water

Kindly, express in what position you lay your hand to cause relief to this pain?
Any position. I only get pains when I turn or stretch my palm to the back of my wrist.

Answered! Thank you doc.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 6:55am On Jun 04, 2020
molybdenum0012:

Answered! Thank you doc.
You may want to grade this pain: Severe, moderate, and mild.
You may also want tell us how this pain has affected your general input to your daily activity.

Alright. It is not a terrible one especially if the concerned pain is just being felt along the last finger.
Is this pain of dull nature? Appear to come like a needle prick?

These tips may be helpful:
1) It would not take that long to heal if you rest that wrist. So let the wrist have some rest.
2) Apply both warm and cold compress on the wrist. Warm compress only is nice but alterations of the temperature around your pains will help it more.
3) Take fruits and vitamins along with your balance diet. Ensure that your meal carries enough of calcium, magnesium and phosphate minerals.
4) Roll a band over the wrist. This will reduce activities around the wrist.
5) Book with a massaging home for a special forearm/wrist/hand massage.
6) Do an X-ray of the wrist to know what could be out of place.
7) See a physical doctor if the pain has been for a 1-3 months with no reduction.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 6:56am On Jun 04, 2020
Luckydubby7:

How much is this Primaquine?
That's not my job. Ask the dispensers.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Tulipabeauty: 7:31am On Jun 04, 2020
TULIPA BEAUTY HOME

Bring to us all your skin issues ,be it blemishes ,hyperpigmentation,stretchcmarks,dark knuckles, black spots etc

Wanna lighten up/glow up? we gat u covered ,stay lock on to TULIPA n come out fresh

So affordable , a trial will convince you�
OUR PRODUCTS :

- Lightening/halfcast lotions
- Face cream
- Glow oil
- pink lips balm
- lightening black soap and ur hair growth products etc.

Ur beauty our priority

Whatsapp : https:///2347052994295
Or call now : 07052994295

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Joshua62: 2:04pm On Jun 05, 2020
Good afternoon Doc,

Can you recommend good diagnosis center I can carry out Abdomino pelvic scan in Lagos. (Mainland area) and the cost?

Thanks in Advance
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jun 05, 2020
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 7:12pm On Jun 05, 2020
Joshua62:
Good afternoon Doc,

Can you recommend good diagnosis center I can carry out Abdomino pelvic scan in Lagos. (Mainland area) and the cost?

Thanks in Advance
Not leaving in Lagos. But any good medical diagnostic health centre can do this.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 7:13pm On Jun 05, 2020
thanta:
Hello doctor....My little niece of about 6months has black spots all over her body and face... we think its an allergic reaction to something, we've been to different dermatologists and have run different tests.. but the results showed nothing was wrong... do you have an idea of what the problem might be?
Let me see the result first.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jun 05, 2020
2Ballz:

Let me see the result first.

Not with it right now, but some dermatologist said the results are inconclusive... do you have any natural or medical remedies?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by integrity4life: 8:11pm On Jun 05, 2020
Good day Drs in the house,

I am a bit bothered about my 9 year old daughter's skin. This started from the time she was a year old.Now that she is growing older and becoming aware of her self, it's beginning to give me a lot of concern.
She has black spots all over her legs and hands. As one spot is drying, another one is springing up (it could just be overnight, I first thought they were mosquitoes bites, but I realized these spots come even when she is fully kitted at night and they swell up at 2 or 3 different places all of a sudden,then they become itchy, once she scratches the surface, it peels and then heal leaving the black spots). When these spots heal, they leave scars all over her. She doesn't have this on other parts of the body except her legs and hands. What could be the cause please? I have a spotless skin and I don't want this to affect her self esteem and confidence. What can I do please? is she reacting to something or coming from her blood?

Please help me, this is my first post and my concern for her drove me here. Thank you.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 9:11pm On Jun 05, 2020
thanta:

Not with it right now, but some dermatologist said the results are inconclusive... do you have any natural or medical remedies?
I can't rush in into treatment. If I can't have report of the assumed test you said you have done, then we may put to hold any further suggestions to helping with this complaint.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ruggedcodez: 9:25am On Jun 06, 2020
hello doctor,

while working out so many years back, I felt a very sharp pain on my left leg that made me fall to the ground immediately. I suddenly lost balance, stamina and became weak. I started having waist pain, my left leg hurts, I dont even wear tight trousers because it makes my leg weak. I went to a hospital and I was told it's hernia, I did surgery on both side of my lower abdomen, after that I thought I will be back to my old self but I was still having the same problem. nothing changed. for more than 10 years now I have been managing this problem. but now I am ready to solve it. pls doc give me an advice and perhaps the best medical centers that can help me. I have gone to several other doctors and it seems not to be their area of specialization.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by timid101: 6:17am On Jun 08, 2020
Zornes123:
Hello Doc
About 9 months ago I had all the typical ARS symptoms in the book after an exposure . I mean all of it. Which most of it stopped after about some months. But write now from the last test I did my WBC was 4.9( this has been dropping rapidly since my exposure) and from whats on the result it should be from 4.8- 10.
As it stands I do have multiple sores inside my mouth and on my gum most times. Rashes on my whole body from time to time.
I have done vdrl, hepetitis a-C, hiv even did a PCR(undetected), and a host of other test.
Like I said I had the typical ars symptoms and it still scares me as I still have oral thrush(doctor diagnosed this and gave me drugs for it yet no improvement) I do have these rashes every now and then too. I still have my nodes in neck swollen( saw this when I was having the ars symptoms) and from the test I did. It shows my nodes range is higher than normal.
What could be the cause and are there diseases which imitates HIV or could it be HIV but yet test isn’t picking it yet.

Hello bro, how are you? Are you still having these symptoms?

I sent you an invitation on Nairaland. I'll like us to exchange contacts.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by molybdenum0012: 10:18am On Jun 08, 2020
2Ballz:

You may want to grade this pain: Severe, moderate, and mild.
You may also want tell us how this pain has affected your general input to your daily activity.

Alright. It is not a terrible one especially if the concerned pain is just being felt along the last finger.
Is this pain of dull nature? Appear to come like a needle prick?

These tips may be helpful:
1) It would not take that long to heal if you rest that wrist. So let the wrist have some rest.
2) Apply both warm and cold compress on the wrist. Warm compress only is nice but alterations of the temperature around your pains will help it more.
3) Take fruits and vitamins along with your balance diet. Ensure that your meal carries enough of calcium, magnesium and phosphate minerals.
4) Roll a band over the wrist. This will reduce activities around the wrist.
5) Book with a massaging home for a special forearm/wrist/hand massage.
6) Do an X-ray of the wrist to know what could be out of place.
7) See a physical doctor if the pain has been for a 1-3 months with no reduction.

Thanks Doc.

I got Nat B vitamins , and since I have been using it, the pain as been reduced maximally.

Thanks so Much. I will continue to apply your suggestion
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Excel70: 10:37am On Jun 08, 2020
Dr 2Ballz I always notice a drop of urine when sitting after urinating. I want to stop this what can I do?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by CoachOore: 11:34am On Jun 08, 2020
What can cause lost of smell, I can breathe fine but I can't smell anything I don't think cold cattar can cause this not to smell at all.. I don't think is covid19 also cause I can breathe fyn
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 4:14pm On Jun 08, 2020
ruggedcodez:
hello doctor,

while working out so many years back, I felt a very sharp pain on my left leg that made me fall to the ground immediately. I suddenly lost balance, stamina and became weak. I started having waist pain, my left leg hurts, I dont even wear tight trousers because it makes my leg weak. I went to a hospital and I was told it's hernia, I did surgery on both side of my lower abdomen, after that I thought I will be back to my old self but I was still having the same problem. nothing changed. for more than 10 years now I have been managing this problem. but now I am ready to solve it. pls doc give me an advice and perhaps the best medical centers that can help me. I have gone to several other doctors and it seems not to be their area of specialization.

What hernia?
Or, where was this hernia situated?
Age?
Gender?

When you say leg, do you mean the thigh or part of the lower limbs below the thigh?
If you agree it is below the thigh, is it the calf or the opposite side?
Or, the pain is all over the lower aspect of the lower limb(the real leg)?
Is the pain on the thigh?
Is the pain from the thigh to the leg?

How long in total has this left leg pain been?
Does the leg appear pale?
Does the leg appear swollen?
Does this pain reduce after the hernia was fixed?

How many distance can you walk before having this pain?
Does this pain alternate in loss of sensation anywhere around the leg or even the foot?
If there is loss of sensation around anywhere, where?

Does suspending the leg in anyway give you comfort if you are experiencing this pain?
Give us anyway that relieve you of this pain by behavior?

Are you overweight?
Are you diabetic?
Are you hypertensive or do you know you BP?
Do you smoke?

Does pain seem to come seasonally?
Does any food seem to worsen this pain after eating a meal?
What period by the day does pain seem to start?
What period by the day does the pain seem to get worse?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 4:16pm On Jun 08, 2020
Excel70:
Dr 2Ballz I always notice a drop of urine when sitting after urinating. I want to stop this what can I do?
I do hope you are not referring to the last urine that must be left for the pant?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 4:17pm On Jun 08, 2020
CoachOore:
What can cause lost of smell, I can breathe fine but I can't smell anything I don't think cold cattar can cause this not to smell at all.. I don't think is covid19 also cause I can breathe fyn
Do you have the cold and catarrh release as you just claimed?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 4:19pm On Jun 08, 2020
https:///2348176371308 That is a quick link for privacy, should anyone wants to. Charges follows.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by bashiruhammed97(m): 6:17pm On Jun 08, 2020
Good evening Doctors in the house,
Pls there's dark spot on my stomach which I noticed that it is there around March and now it's spreading all over my body.
Pls what may be the càuse and how do I get it treated.
Thanks.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Mofetemi(m): 8:17am On Jun 10, 2020
Hello doc. Please, what could be the causes of Nipples Water Discharge in a female who has stopped lactation for about 4years ago. Moreso, she has not had sex for about 10months now too.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jun 10, 2020
Hello Doc 2Ballz good evening. I know it's late but just said I should drop it so you'll see it anytime you come online. A few severe symptoms someone has been having- Body pains and pain in ribs and chest when coughing. Wheezing cos of the sounds when breathing. Decreased strength. Heavy breathing and hotness of the body. Taken antimalarial and antibiotics with cough syrup as advised by doctor but symptoms are still there. I said I should bring it here cos the Dr is not treating it with seriousness and hospitals are something else. I have something in mind but I don't know if I should share ( not Covid) so I said I should bring it to you.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 9:39am On Jun 11, 2020
Battleground:
Hello Doc good evening. I know it's late but just said I should drop it so you'll see it anytime you come online. A few severe symptoms someone has been having- Body pains and pain in ribs and chest when coughing. Wheezing cos of the sounds when breathing. Decreased strength. Heavy breathing and hotness of the body. Taken antimalarial and antibiotics with cough syrup as advised by doctor but symptoms are still there. I said I should bring it here cos the Dr is not treating it with seriousness and hospitals are something else. I have something in mind but I don't know if I should share ( not Covid) so I said I should bring it to you.

You may need to see a doctor in a nearby clinic to clerk/diagnose you for any of the conditions coming up with COPD.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 9:51am On Jun 11, 2020
Mofetemi:
Hello doc. Please, what could be the causes of Nipples Water Discharge in a female who has stopped lactation for about 4years ago. Moreso, she has not had sex for about 10months now too.
Watery nipple discharge though quite embarrassing may actually not be coming from any serious health condition generally or with the breast. Since it is not milky by appearance ,there is little to say it is related to high plasma prolactin. Though by normal clinic constraint, it is advisable to have a assay for the prolactin blood concentration done just to rule high prolactin hormone out. The rest would be to check the breast properly for any changes to duct and changes relating to lump. Not to forget, most nipple watery discharge aren't spontaneous and would only happen during a breast expression or nipple massage. So, she should avoid doing this for the mean time.
How old is she?
If she above 35years, her doctor could advice a mammography should ultrasound scanning did not much to find anything. If all these are done and yet no findings, she is probably alright and the nipple discharge could have happened by her increased breast expression if not, she should wait some months further to allow the obvious cause comes more clinical.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 9:53am On Jun 11, 2020
bashiruhammed97:
Good evening Doctors in the house,
Pls there's dark spot on my stomach which I noticed that it is there around March and now it's spreading all over my body.
Pls what may be the càuse and how do I get it treated.
Thanks.
Can I have a view of this spot?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by littleguy444: 11:02am On Jun 11, 2020
Excel70:

Please what were the symptoms you experienced before you were diagnosed with hepatitis
I didn't experience any symptoms I just happen to stumble on a program on hbv awareness.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jun 11, 2020
2Ballz:

You may need to see a doctor in a nearby clinic to clerk/diagnose you for any of the conditions coming up with COPD.
good evening doc. Came back from the hospital and the person was given a few drugs like antibiotics, antimalarial and bcomplex. But antibiotics has been taken before and it didn't stop the heavy breathing, restlessness and shortness of breath. But hopefully this one would. Any other home remedy that can help cure this? And yes, the doctor ran a few tests and said WBC was high. No differentials cos it's all automated. The doc also said the lungs were tight. No x-ray was taken. Just blood samples

(1) (2) (3) ... (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) ... (305) (Reply)

How Can I Get Rid Of Black Spots On My Face? / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology / How Do I Calculate My Safe Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.