Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available - Health (87) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (636012 Views)

Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available / Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (305) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Thekeeper(m): 2:38am On Oct 21, 2012
@myzee,do u hav a quantum magnetic analyser machine ..is that what u'l use 4 d test?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ACM10: 9:46am On Oct 21, 2012
guy007: Doc, i have catarrh and cough since Friday last week and it causing nose congestion and dripping it given em some kind of pressure on my head region though it has gone down now after taken septrin and cough syrub, but the issue is the catarrh still dey but cough gone down and now i lost me smelling and taste bud . i need remedies to get my taste and smelling bud back . i lost taste and smelling since Sunday
It is mostly caused by a virus. It is self-limiting and you will get better within 5 days if there no superimposed bacterial infection. Simply avoid cold drinks at the moment. Also avoid cold environments.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ACM10: 9:50am On Oct 21, 2012
I will respond to every comments here since I left. You guys have to exercise some patience. I've been very busy and almost always tired and exhausted during my leisure time. That explains the lull in my activities here. That's the nature of this profession.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Tgr8t4all(m): 7:55pm On Oct 21, 2012
Tgr8t4all: Pls ooo doc & well learned people, my friend share his boding wit me yesterday, he told me dat His male organ is smaller to his age. He told me dis cos he alway ve misundastadin wit his girl, wen eva I ask him wat dey are all abt he wil said ntin. Nt until d girl, to him if he did nt do sometin abt it,she wil live him & expose evry tin to al his frds. so d guy said b4 she live or begging to expose him dat he shud share it wit me if @all I can help. Pls if dere any drugs he can take or any precaution he shud take? Pls your pieces of advice can make him good. Thanks anticipation
Doc please reply me.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by beedam(f): 10:19pm On Oct 21, 2012
A
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by kamalcole(m): 12:49pm On Oct 23, 2012
Pls doc,is a placenta maturity grade II @ 22 weeks normal in pregnancy
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ochyks7938: 5:03pm On Oct 25, 2012
hello Doctor, i have been treating tyhoid for almost three years yet it has been resistant. i have done HIV test best the test has been negative.i need your professional advice thanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Stevecares(m): 10:25am On Oct 27, 2012
No reply. Good day doctor in d house. How are you? Hope you are ok. Am in dear need of your reply to my previous message. Thanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by skimpychick(f): 11:04pm On Oct 27, 2012
Dear doc,my kid sis has this dry skin n itchy spots on her body.pls what wld she use to treat the skin inflammation and the spots.thank u.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Garfield7819: 12:56am On Oct 30, 2012
I am 28yrs of ,i am a patient os stapylococcus aureus for about 4yrs now and have took many treethment....... i went to the hopital with the test i did in lab and they priscribe me on peflacin 400 and zivit,and the doctor said i should take it for 5days but after five days it did not stop and decide taking it for a month but still increasing and finally go back to the laboratery for comolain and paid there and start treetment for a month plus,all to avial and now on some herb root now............. i want to know what and what will i use or take as a drug..
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Garfield7819: 1:22am On Oct 30, 2012
I am diagnose for staphylococcus aureus for5 to 6yrs now,i am 28yrs old and have took many drugs and all to avail........... pls i want a stop to this fucking disease..
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by DrZoba(m): 12:15am On Oct 31, 2012
Hi doc. I was wondering if you might have some info on LUTH and LASUTH with respect to recruitment of house officers. Thanks.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by sirkay09(m): 9:30am On Nov 01, 2012
Gud mornin Doctor, I will like to know if there are any side effects or complication associated with using a concave lens eye glasses with the wrong lens power.I've been using an eye glasses since the past 10 months now because of short-sight am afraid that i might be using an inappopriate lens power.Is there any risk in that.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ACM10: 10:19am On Nov 01, 2012
slimmie L: Hello doc, pls I hope I get a reply 2 my mail asap. I used postinor 1 jux abt 3 hrs aftr unprotectd sex n I saw my period d normal time( was heavy). But aftr that, I testd mysf with the pregnancy strip n I saw a lil faint line, does dt mean I'm pregnant? That the drug ddnt wrk?
Positive pregnancy test must take many week before it will indicate. It might be false positive. Wait for some time or use another test kit.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ACM10: 10:21am On Nov 01, 2012
jezsie: Hi Doctor ,I just went through an operation as a result of my appendicitis and after two weeks am still feeling some pains in the area .please what should I do.
The pain will subside with time provided that there is no surgical complication. If the pain becomes unbearable; then u may have to complain to your surgeon to properly assess you and prescribe a pain reliever.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ACM10: 10:25am On Nov 01, 2012
gabbyferd: Hello Doc,i've gat feelings dat so many insect walks on my body xpecially wen it is cold.it happens in all part of of the body.i did herpetitis and HIV test both negative.i notice a painless sore in d urethra,ocassionally bleeds wen sexually arouse.wat test shld i go for? wat shld i do?
Pls visit a hospital to be properly examined by a doctor
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ACM10: 10:27am On Nov 01, 2012
Jessamy: Hello doc...,
Does anyone have any information about a new cancer treatment developed in Lebanon by someone Nabil Habib? and, what is his address?
Is there any other well-tested therapist for cancer in the middle east or south asia?
stem cell training school
I don't have the info. Share with us if you have one
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ACM10: 10:28am On Nov 01, 2012
yat@11:
Hi doc, need advice on what can be done to reduce blood viscosity
How do you determine blood viscosity?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ACM10: 10:30am On Nov 01, 2012
filcast:
'You gave a clearer description of your symptoms now. The physician who diagnosed peptic ulcer can't be wrong. In western countries, diagnosis of peptic ulcer involves both invasive and non-invasive investigations, of which endoscopy is the gold standard. But in Nigeria, we only depend on our clinical acumen and the progression of the symptoms to make diagnosis of peptic ulcer. So our diagnosis is blind at best.
The current treatment of peptic ulcer is called "triple therapy". It involves two different antibiotics and one acid-reducing agent. Treated for two weeks, while the acid reducing agent is continued till one month. I expect your physician to know about this protocol.
Other older regimen has high rate of treatment failure. Yours might be a case of treatment failure'.

Hello doc,i culled the quote above from your response during our interaction on 19th sept. Today a doctor prescribed the triple therapy for me but he prescribed the 'ulsa kit'-omeprazole,tinidazole,clarithromycin- 1 capsule each twice daily,for only one week (remember you said 2 weeks) while the acid reducing agent (rabeprazole) continues for 1 month.Is this adequate?
It's adequate. Hope it has subsided?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ACM10: 10:35am On Nov 01, 2012
Cool83:
am having back pain,constant high temperature,occasional prolong cough,feeling as if something is moving in my veins,getting tired easily.most time my mantoux is neg-,
You may have to visit a hospital. Back pain alone does not diagnose Tb of the spine. It must be accompanied by spasm.
Prolonged cough might be due to pneumonia or other conditions.
Fever in Tb is low-grade.
Pls visit a tertiary health centre.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ACM10: 10:37am On Nov 01, 2012
paparazzo:
cramp is a stomach ache
Pls can you describe your symptoms in a common, everyday language. Don't muddle things up by trying to impress me with medical terms.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ACM10: 10:41am On Nov 01, 2012
The_keeper: Helo doc. Pls my uncle is suffering 4rm loss of cordination,could it be as a result of his hearing loss?. .what kind of medication should he take?. .its really making life unbearable for him.he has tinitus n severe BSHL
i don't prescribe medications without examining the patient. It's unethical. Pls describe your symptom next time in a common, everyday term. No need to use medical terms to impress me.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ACM10: 10:49am On Nov 01, 2012
Dynamiq: Hello Doctors in the house. I need your advice and recommendations on my eye problem. I have a very good eye sight but the same eye sight is troubled by what I have been told is Conjuctivitis since I was born. I have learnt over time that it is not the infectious type as me and my dad are the only persons who have had it in our family. I think I inherited it from my dad. Those who make contact with the tears from my eyes never get infected with the eye problem. I also observe that it is during rainy and moist weather that the eye problem troubles me; the symptoms that characterise it, such as itching, redness, tear secretion and swelling normally disappear or subside without treatment during dry seasons. Right now as we are having rains, my eyes are in trouble again. I need to add that over the years I have been attended to by many medical personnel, who only recommend eye drops for me, such as Visine, Chloramphenicol, Spersalleg, Ivisine, etc. I don't use glasses because my sight/vision is excellent, despite my eye irritation. I have passed ALL eye tests in the past.
In short I have used the majority of eye drops sold in pharmacies/chemists but they only give relief. Please what I am now looking for is a CURE, and I would like doctors in the house to talk to me on this. I am optimistic that this problem has a cure. I will be glad if I find it. Thank you.
What you have is allergic conjuctivitis. You have to avoid the triggering factors like dust, moulds. Stay in a room which is tiled instead of rugged. Or better still, change environment. If anti-histamines like visine could not control your symptoms, then you have to meet an Ophthalmologist. He will prescribe an eyedrop drug containing steroid and neomycin. I bet that your symptom will subside when placed on that.

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (305) (Reply)

How Can I Get Rid Of Black Spots On My Face? / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology / How Do I Calculate My Safe Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.