Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,379 members, 7,836,541 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:37 AM

Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available - Health (88) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (639458 Views)

Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available / Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (305) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ACM10: 10:54am On Nov 01, 2012
Stevecares: Please doc, i need a urgent reply. I took pharmafit Ginseng soft capsule(korea) just a capsule for the first time together with emzor paracetamol on going to bed at night. I was awaken in the middle of the night by body itching, culdn't fall asleep again, and feeling soft stomach, discomfort like worm and d urge 2 use d toilet. Could this discomfort possibly be a adverse reaction of the drug? or caused by other thing (like that very day before night i had a RVS test just 2 knw my status. Could the other cause be from the needle used for the test?). But d result showed negative. But am stil worried cos d itch has last up to 6days now. Thanks!
It is as a result of the medication you took. I continue to warn you guys not to resort to self-medication. Only doctors are trained to prescribe drugs. No one else. Take drugs prescribed by other health professionals at your own risk.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ACM10: 10:56am On Nov 01, 2012
Enigift: Please doc do you know of any prenatal genotype screening center in Nigeria and the cost pls
Presently, I don't know of any centre where such investigation is done in Nigeria. But I heard that there is a private centre in Lagos where such investigation is done. Just ask.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ACM10: 10:59am On Nov 01, 2012
aPr: whenever i get up from bed in the morning i find it painful to rest on my left palm i also limp for about 2 minutes on my left leg before i can work normally this is actually new to my body, please i need advise
You may have to change your matrass and replace it with the one which is more spacious and softer.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ACM10: 11:03am On Nov 01, 2012
aPr: I have a friend whose little girl of 2 years she drags her right foot and right hand is bending inwards please what can be wrong. Gone to hospital with no positive result
You can't capture fully the condition of your friends child. Let him/her register to this site and visit this thread to table the complaint of his/her child.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ACM10: 11:06am On Nov 01, 2012
guy007: Doc, i have catarrh and cough since Friday last week and it causing nose congestion and dripping it given em some kind of pressure on my head region though it has gone down now after taken septrin and cough syrub, but the issue is the catarrh still dey but cough gone down and now i lost me smelling and taste bud . i need remedies to get my taste and smelling bud back . i lost taste and smelling since Sunday
Catarrh is mostly caused by a virus which is self-limiting. It will subside within 5 days provided there is no bacterial super-infection. Get well soon.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ACM10: 11:08am On Nov 01, 2012
Tgr8t4all: Pls ooo doc & well learned people, my friend share his boding wit me yesterday, he told me dat His male organ is smaller to his age. He told me dis cos he alway ve misundastadin wit his girl, wen eva I ask him wat dey are all abt he wil said ntin. Nt until d girl, to him if he did nt do sometin abt it,she wil live him & expose evry tin to al his frds. so d guy said b4 she live or begging to expose him dat he shud share it wit me if @all I can help. Pls if dere any drugs he can take or any precaution he shud take? Pls your pieces of advice can make him good. Thanks anticipation
He should learn to appreciate himself. The size of organ has nothing to do with performance.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ACM10: 11:10am On Nov 01, 2012
kamalcole: Pls doc,is a placenta maturity grade II @ 22 weeks normal in pregnancy
My dear, what exactly do you mean?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ACM10: 11:11am On Nov 01, 2012
ochyks7938: hello Doctor, i have been treating tyhoid for almost three years yet it has been resistant. i have done HIV test best the test has been negative.i need your professional advice thanks
Pls visit a hospital for proper examination, investigation and diagnosis and treatment. No need for self-medication.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ACM10: 11:14am On Nov 01, 2012
skimpychick: Dear doc,my kid sis has this dry skin n itchy spots on her body.pls what wld she use to treat the skin inflammation and the spots.thank u.
Dry itchy skin can be a symptom of many dermatological disorders. It can also be medical disorder with dermatological ramification. Take her to a teaching hospital or Federal medical centre to meet a dermatologist.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ACM10: 11:16am On Nov 01, 2012
Garfield7819: I am 28yrs of ,i am a patient os stapylococcus aureus for about 4yrs now and have took many treethment....... i went to the hopital with the test i did in lab and they priscribe me on peflacin 400 and zivit,and the doctor said i should take it for 5days but after five days it did not stop and decide taking it for a month but still increasing and finally go back to the laboratery for comolain and paid there and start treetment for a month plus,all to avial and now on some herb root now............. i want to know what and what will i use or take as a drug..
Please visit a hospital. Whoever told you that you had staphylococcus aureus must be a charlatan.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ACM10: 11:18am On Nov 01, 2012
DrZoba: Hi doc. I was wondering if you might have some info on LUTH and LASUTH with respect to recruitment of house officers. Thanks.
No I don't. All the best in your quest. Hope you will be visiting this thread to help out.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Abali1(m): 11:20am On Nov 01, 2012
ACM10:
Please visit a hospital. Whoever told you that you had staphylococcus aureus must be a charlatan.

Oga ACM10, please we need your input on my thread. It's about big tummy/ spleen stuff. Thanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ACM10: 11:21am On Nov 01, 2012
sirkay09: Gud mornin Doctor, I will like to know if there are any side effects or complication associated with using a concave lens eye glasses with the wrong lens power.I've been using an eye glasses since the past 10 months now because of short-sight am afraid that i might be using an inappopriate lens power.Is there any risk in that.
I think that an ophthalmologist is best suited to attend to your question. To the best of my knowledge, it has no side effect or complication. It is only prescribed in the correction of myopia which is one of the refractive errors.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Abali1(m): 11:33am On Nov 01, 2012
@ACM10, thanks for you heeding my call.

1 Like

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Stevecares(m): 8:25am On Nov 02, 2012
Good day doc. For the past 4 days, have being having this stomach noises, like stomach rumbling. It more noticable at night. But no pain. My stomach feel so soft and my stool is like watery. I don't know this means or the cause of it. What medication can I use?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Stevecares(m): 8:28am On Nov 02, 2012
M
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Lastuff007(m): 10:39am On Nov 04, 2012
hi doc, protusion near d pubic region on d left side. wats ds?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by kingsmecca(m): 4:42pm On Nov 04, 2012
[color=#990000][/color]. Dr pls I'm having a Serious internal body heat wht could tht be?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Excelboi(m): 8:41pm On Nov 05, 2012
Evening doctors, pls how can I add more weight! I'm just lean and I aint comfortable with that. Kindly help out
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Thekeeper(m): 1:11am On Nov 06, 2012
Helo Doc.,i was trying to say my uncle has severe hearing loss in both ears and ringing in d ears. . .he also has problem with cordination i.e his motor skill has been affected. . .could this be caused by his hearing impairment.
N/B he doesn't drink no smoke,neither was he involved in any accident. .tnks doc
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by abuov: 11:31am On Nov 06, 2012
Pls Doctor,can a pregnant woman take COFLIN COUGH SYRUP?she is just 4weeks pregnant.Pls is URGENT.Tanx for ur response
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Buthupogon(m): 10:28pm On Nov 08, 2012
Please sir/ma, I need you to help me out in getting rid of this "things"(cos I don't know if it's boil or pimples ) on my chest. The bigger one has been there for like 2 years now & the smaller one just showed up earlier this week. I did not want to burst it because I think it might result into a bigger mess. So, I just leave it there, i.e the bigger one. I want Doctors in the house to advice me if there's a way I can get this thing off me. Is there any drug or injection you can recommend. Thanks in anticipation. God bless you!
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by lamdec(f): 11:33pm On Nov 08, 2012
Hello doc,please can you precribe or give me a brand name for oral contraceptive pill or minipill in Nigeria.
Also, I have a friend that experiences pain in the joints,he is 28 years old and doesn't walk around too often. But any little stress (even if it is 30 mins of walking) leads to these joints pains especially the knee and shoulder joints. Please what can he do, most doctors just prescribe Ibruprofen.
Also is this case of skin inflamation....although before this only happens if he doesn't use Dettol soap to take his bath. Recently,this tiny inflamations (looks transparent with white fluid) started appearing on his legs anytime he wears Socks with his Shoes, one of them actually bursted and ΐt̶̲̥̅̊ turned to a big sore.
Please help.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by yomanovic: 7:57pm On Nov 09, 2012
Dear ACM10, I often experience severe sharp pains in my chest region on the very inside and atimes, right through the chest to the back. I consulted a doctor and I was told to do a chest x-ray which I did but it revealed that everything is normal so I was given Gestid but the pains persist. What do I do? Is it possible you drop your number for more discussion. Thanks for your anticipated response.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Fibbonachi: 7:20pm On Nov 10, 2012
Pls doctor, I went 4 a urine culture and proteius species wz seen. Wot does it mean? A pharmacist told me is a bacterial infection. Is it sexual tramsmitted? Can it be gotten through any other means.? What are the symptoms cos I wz feeling normal till I went 4 regular check up. Pls reply ASAP.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by babysnogls: 6:31pm On Nov 11, 2012
Dr, how do i get my period back? Is ds hormonal imbalance? Bin off d family planning injection since feb.2012 as im tryin 4 another baby.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 8:26am On Nov 14, 2012
[color=#770077][/color] lipsrsealed sad sad I have tonsil stones.....what can I do 2 cure it. Causes bad breath......stinking breadth.......I have no friends...help me kiss
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Exclibur(m): 1:04pm On Nov 16, 2012
iOmoge: [color=#770077][/color] lipsrsealed sad sad I have tonsil stones.....what can I do 2 cure it. Causes bad breath......stinking breadth.......I have no friends...help me kiss

Tonsil stones My dear you have halithosis (bad breath) and the possible causes of this r countless. Y°u need to g° to a Health facility, preferably to see an ENT (ear, nose, and throat\Otolaryngologist) surgeon or a dental clinic to see a dentist depending  wat is causing Yøur problem.Cheers

1 Like

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Boy2boy: 11:20pm On Nov 16, 2012
@doctors in the house, thank you all for the wonderful job you are doing.

Please, I need a comprehesive lecture on the chances "AS genotype" couple had in order not to give birth to SS.

Your quick response will be greatly appreciated.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by lannre(m): 3:40pm On Nov 17, 2012
What is the solution to general weakness, lost of appetite. And over sleeping. Just sleeping and it's frustrating that I'm not having strength.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Stevecares(m): 1:29am On Nov 18, 2012
For some time now, always notice strand of hairs on my bed, on rising up in the morning, and notice my eye brows or lashes pull out easily with touch. Are my having lose of hair, and what could actually be the cause?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by kemzole(f): 8:55pm On Nov 18, 2012
Hi doctor,I had tonsillectomy in 2009, and ever since then I always have phlegm stuck in ​M̶̲̥̅̊y̶̲̥̅̊ throat.there I̶̲̥̅̊S̶̲̥̅ always an urge to bring it out, so I end up making annoying throaty sound all the time. At times there won't even be any phlegm in ​M̶̲̥̅̊y̶̲̥̅̊ throat but the urge I̶̲̥̅̊S̶̲̥̅ always there. What can I do?

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (305) (Reply)

How Can I Get Rid Of Black Spots On My Face? / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology / How Do I Calculate My Safe Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.