Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,855 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:16 PM

Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available - Health (94) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (636603 Views)

Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available / Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (305) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by IYANGBALI: 9:42pm On Mar 28, 2013
Angel_7: Now, where r d Doctors dat opened dis thread? Or have dey enough client?
they are on strike!seun has not being paying them their salaries
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by IYANGBALI: 9:51pm On Mar 28, 2013
Chicolo: Hi Doc
I need ur help,am gettin married April 6 dis year and my monthly flow will start on d 5th
Wot can I do or wich drug can I use to avoid it disturbin my day for me and to forward it till one week or two weeks after??
Make d tin no con spoil Market for me
postpone your wedding till after the yeye thing stops
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 1:54am On Mar 29, 2013
@ house pls where's the best place to treat premature expulsion and weak male organ in lagos?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by pretykid(f): 5:54pm On Mar 29, 2013
Hi doc...pls I nid ur advice..I ws 12wks pregnant but had miscarriage four days ago..before the miscarriage,I had malaria and ma doc gave me lonart and I startd noticing brownish discharge vry little atfirst buh d day I completed d dose,d brownish discharge increased dt I had 2stat using pads cus pant liner cudnt do the work again..I complained at d hospital and d doc gave me buscopan 2reduce d pain cus I startd havin pains too buh stl same brown discharge whc d doc said its posible its an infection;sme mins later 2ds discovery,I felt an heavy tin cme out of me(I lost d baby).....wat am really bothered abt and rily wana no is if d miscarriage is as a result of infection or d lonart I ws given. NOte: I used 2av ds itching too buh it cmes once in a while...pls I nid 2hear d truth and no d way out as ds is d 2nd miscarriage I'll av,d ist happend@6mnths due 2stress..nw I stress mysef no mre and ma baby is gne ..tnx in adv as i await ur response.

1 Like

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by filcast(m): 9:31pm On Mar 29, 2013
hi doc,i just noticed rashes on some parts of my body mostly at both sides of my tummy and upper arms and shoulders.am worried.pls should i see a doctor for this?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 7:34am On Mar 30, 2013
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 6:40am On Mar 31, 2013
queenasasili: Can yoyo bitter take away pregnancy
No it cannot, as a matterr of fact it is medically unsafe 4 that purpose
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Wendy80(f): 2:39pm On Apr 01, 2013
Pls is D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ any Paediatrician I̶̲̥̅̊n †ЂΞ house?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by mymz(f): 8:46pm On Apr 01, 2013
hello, please can you help me with information regarding Herpes?

about 4years ago, a very close relative of mine discovered two pimple-like bumps on the ridge of her back. she said they were non-itchy and painless and so she gave no serious thoughts to them then. however by the next morning, a strange looking rash had encircled half of her midriff starting from the point where she noticed the bumps the night before, through to her navel. the rash looked like fire burns and were crippling her with severe pains.
she was later diagnosed with Herpes and some treatment commenced but the pains were abating at snail-speed or not at all.

fast forward 4years on, after both native (herbal)and orthodox medicine have been administered, the rash/burn-like appearance are gone but the internal pains are still present (though not as severe as they once were). sometimes the area in question is said to feel like an internal wound.
currently, a doctor prescribed Lyrica (150mg) and said that there isn't much more that can be done as the pains she's experiencing now are inherent in her nerves.

i really don't want to believe that this pain can't be totally eradicated or at least subdued to a very minimal level so please i ask, what can be done or administered to help relieve if not totally diminish the pains?

i would be very grateful if you can help me with useful info (or any info at all). thank you
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 12:20pm On Apr 02, 2013
Whenever i am sweating, my nose gts blocked with mucour & i start sneezing until i am able to gt air, any remedy?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ivycrest: 8:46pm On Apr 03, 2013
Doctor, I want to specially your service. Please I was diagnosed of a serious health issue, Gynaecomastia in short. Please I will like to know if surgical operation is the only solution, and if Yes, what is the likely cost? Kindly assist me, and I to have your email address or mobile number for further discussion. Thanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Lokiz: 11:15am On Apr 04, 2013
doc i need ur help. iam 12 week pregnant, and iam still seeing my period, how do i stop it? pls recommend the best vitamin for me and my baby. thanks.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by adazionkambu: 2:08pm On Apr 04, 2013
I have a two month old baby through CS and I'm pregnant which tablet can I use to flush it.please help me
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by uzoo: 10:39am On Apr 05, 2013
[b][/b]how do i get rid of excess gas in my tummy ?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Ebestsmscom: 3:57pm On Apr 09, 2013
URGENT HELP NEEDED!

I need a permanent solution to "Ice pick headache"

Also include the drugs/medicines involve.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 8:28am On Apr 11, 2013
Lokiz: doc i need ur help. iam 12 week pregnant, and iam still seeing my period, how do i stop it? pls recommend the best vitamin for me and my baby. thanks.
It is not medically possible for u 2b pregnant n still seeing ur period, it is not, wat I think U have is mor like a "threatened miscarriage"
My suggestion
U go n see a Doc, close 2 ur immediately for a proper assessment and management, its really very important tnx!
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 8:34am On Apr 11, 2013
adazionkambu: I have a two month old baby through CS and I'm pregnant which tablet can I use to flush it.please help me

U meant 2 say u re 2months post delivery and have not seen ur period I guess? Well dat is not to mean u re pregnant, I assume u re breastfeeding, nd breastfeeding acts as a means of natural contraceptive(means 2 prevent pregnancy) cus of high levels of hormone prolactin!
My suggestion!
Stay calm! Continue breastfeeding ur baby wt ur family works.
N If u re still very worried I suggest U cee a obstetrician close 2 u, 4 more counselling n proper reassurance!
Thnx
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by degurl(f): 11:15am On Apr 11, 2013
pretykid: Hi doc...pls I nid ur advice..I ws 12wks pregnant but had miscarriage four days ago..before the miscarriage,I had malaria and ma doc gave me lonart and I startd noticing brownish discharge vry little atfirst buh d day I completed d dose,d brownish discharge increased dt I had 2stat using pads cus pant liner cudnt do the work again..I complained at d hospital and d doc gave me buscopan 2reduce d pain cus I startd havin pains too buh stl same brown discharge whc d doc said its posible its an infection;sme mins later 2ds discovery,I felt an heavy tin cme out of me(I lost d baby).....wat am really bothered abt and rily wana no is if d miscarriage is as a result of infection or d lonart I ws given. NOte: I used 2av ds itching too buh it cmes once in a while...pls I nid 2hear d truth and no d way out as ds is d 2nd miscarriage I'll av,d ist happend@6mnths due 2stress..nw I stress mysef no mre and ma baby is gne ..tnx in adv as i await ur response.

I may be wrong. pregnant women are not usually given anti malaria drugs because of it's harmful effect against foetus. During my pregnancy, in my 1st trimester, I was down with malaria. The only drug that the doctor considered safe was chloroquine.
Be very careful next time.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by abolarin2moni: 12:59pm On Apr 11, 2013
Hello Doctor, can somebody who is using parlodel for a month plus n later stoped for 3wks cos of cost n anticipatin to use bromergon since they do similar work ve d same result? do i stll need start d usage prescriptn whre i stopped frmor start frm low intake again?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by plendil: 1:44am On Apr 13, 2013
Lokiz: doc i need ur help. iam 12 week pregnant, and iam still seeing my period, how do i stop it? pls recommend the best vitamin for me and my baby. thanks.

This caught my attention so I had to respond. Please note the bleeding you're seeing is not your menses. Go to the hospital AT ONCE.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by plendil: 1:58am On Apr 13, 2013
pretykid: Hi doc...pls I nid ur advice..I ws 12wks pregnant but had miscarriage four days ago..before the miscarriage,I had malaria and ma doc gave me lonart and I startd noticing brownish discharge vry little atfirst buh d day I completed d dose,d brownish discharge increased dt I had 2stat using pads cus pant liner cudnt do the work again..I complained at d hospital and d doc gave me buscopan 2reduce d pain cus I startd havin pains too buh stl same brown discharge whc d doc said its posible its an infection;sme mins later 2ds discovery,I felt an heavy tin cme out of me(I lost d baby).....wat am really bothered abt and rily wana no is if d miscarriage is as a result of infection or d lonart I ws given. NOte: I used 2av ds itching too buh it cmes once in a while...pls I nid 2hear d truth and no d way out as ds is d 2nd miscarriage I'll av,d ist happend@6mnths due 2stress..nw I stress mysef no mre and ma baby is gne ..tnx in adv as i await ur response.

I'm very sorry for your loss. However, I truly doubt if the Lonart was responsible for the miscarriage. The drug is routinely given to pregnant women, after the 1sd trimester, to treat malaria.

I'm suspecting an improperly treated infection. but this can only be confirmed if complete and proper assessment is done by a competent OBS/GYNist - yes, you should see one as soon as possible.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by plendil: 2:06am On Apr 13, 2013
abolarin2moni: Hello Doctor, can somebody who is using parlodel for a month plus n later stoped for 3wks cos of cost n anticipatin to use bromergon since they do similar work ve d same result? do i stll need start d usage prescriptn whre i stopped frmor start frm low intake again?

Well it depends on what you are using it for, the drug has a variety of uses. To your question, yes, both are brands of the same drug (bromocriptine) and performs the same function. Just ensure the same milligram of the active drug is being consumed.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by plendil: 2:23am On Apr 13, 2013
Tolueneayomide: Whenever i am sweating, my nose gts blocked with mucour & i start sneezing until i am able to gt air, any remedy?

Is it during hot or cold weather?

ivycrest: Doctor, I want to specially your service. Please I was diagnosed of a serious health issue, Gynaecomastia in short. Please I will like to know if surgical operation is the only solution, and if Yes, what is the likely cost? Kindly assist me, and I to have your email address or mobile number for further discussion. Thanks

The cause of the gynecomatia - yes, it has many causes - in most cases will determine the prognosis. However, in a majority of the cases, surgery seems to offer the most promising outcome - however it also comes with occasional complications.

uzoo: [b][/b]how do i get rid of excess gas in my tummy ?

If its not too severe, simple pepperint will do the trick. The more severe ones, eg causing pain or discomfort may require an antacid that contains what is called a 'carminative' (usually simethicone- you can check the label of any good antacid for it.)

I'm not sure I get you.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by MyJwell: 8:21am On Apr 13, 2013
pls doc in d house what can I take to improve on my situation; I couldn't go more than a round during sexual intercourse, my e r e c t i o n is weak and I e j a c u l a t e under a minute of penetration. the worst part is that the e r e c t i o n won't come back till the following day.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 3:07pm On Apr 13, 2013
Pls pls I have had typhoid for a few years now but in the last three yrs I'v had it from january to december!! Pls what should I do,I drink bottled water,eat health and quit drinking
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by nkenu(m): 9:54am On Apr 14, 2013
Pls i need advice on which hospital in India has a very good heart surgery DR and cost effective. Pls can any Dr in the house give me a modest cost of having a heart surgery in India from the visa stage to the final stage of undergoing the surgery pls. You can also send me a mail : godwin_nyiam@yahoo.com
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by floflo12: 4:35pm On Apr 14, 2013
hello,good day...am Joshua,27 years old,male.Have had a problem of acid reflux some years back,and i was put on nexium,after some months without improvement,i got frustrated and stopped taking any drugs.So about 5 days ago,i started having a burning feeling inside my throat,stiff neck,feeling tired.I also have difficult in talking because it affects my voice alot and it hurts really bad whenever i try to talk.

I bought an antacid 200ml Gaviscon,always taking it after meal and before going to bed.I dont have any problem in swallowin food.Sometimes the burning feeling moves to my chest and the throat never stops hurting all day.Its really tiring.The antacid seems not to be working for it.I dont really know what this could be,i really need help.Lastly this burning feeling inside my throat never stops all day,even when i didnt any food,or when i drink just water,it still burn.Your urgen response will be appreciated thanks.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by winbyforce: 10:37pm On Apr 14, 2013
floflo12: hello,good day...am Joshua,27 years old,male.Have had a problem of acid reflux some years back,and i was put on nexium,after some months without improvement,i got frustrated and stopped taking any drugs.So about 5 days ago,i started having a burning feeling inside my throat,stiff neck,feeling tired.I also have difficult in talking because it affects my voice alot and it hurts really bad whenever i try to talk.

I bought an antacid 200ml Gaviscon,always taking it after meal and before going to bed.I dont have any problem in swallowin food.Sometimes the burning feeling moves to my chest and the throat never stops hurting all day.Its really tiring.The antacid seems not to be working for it.I dont really know what this could be,i really need help.Lastly this burning feeling inside my throat never stops all day,even when i didnt any food,or when i drink just water,it still burn.Your urgen response will be appreciated thanks.
You should see a physician to check u up. For acid reflux,proton pump inhibitors like nexium are the way to go
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by winbyforce: 10:39pm On Apr 14, 2013
MotherConfessor: Pls pls I have had typhoid for a few years now but in the last three yrs I'v had it from january to december!! Pls what should I do,I drink bottled water,eat health and quit drinking
What you call typhoid may not be typhoid. See a doctor pls
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by winbyforce: 10:49pm On Apr 14, 2013
MyJwell: pls doc in d house what can I take to improve on my situation; I couldn't go more than a round during sexual intercourse, my e r e c t i o n is weak and I e j a c u l a t e under a minute of penetration. the worst part is that the e r e c t i o n won't come back till the following day.
Anxiety/psychologic factors can play a major role in premature ejaculation.try to calm ur nerves,d tin is not running away grin grin.That said,u can try MANIX capsules or ADAM'S DESIRE for improved performance.A urologist once said that IMIPRAMINE,an antidepressant,taken once everynight can delay time to ejaculation but it will take some 2-3weeks for its effects to kick.delayed ejaculation is a side effect of the drug.u need a prescription though.diabetes and other medical conditions can also cause d problem,so SEE ur doctor if nothing is working
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by funkyjms: 9:06am On Apr 15, 2013
nkenu: Pls i need advice on which hospital in India has a very good heart surgery DR and cost effective. Pls can any Dr in the house give me a modest cost of having a heart surgery in India from the visa stage to the final stage of undergoing the surgery pls. You can also send me a mail : godwin_nyiam@yahoo.com

I'll advice you to post this on different facebook pages, you'll surely get immediate and different views...

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (305) (Reply)

How Can I Get Rid Of Black Spots On My Face? / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology / How Do I Calculate My Safe Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.