Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,917 members, 7,814,089 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:28 AM

Why Pray, When You Can Plan - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Pray, When You Can Plan (4698 Views)

Catholics Celebrate "All Saints" Today(1/11/17), So Why Pray Through Mary? Why?? / Why Pray? / Why Pray For Israel? Breaking Israel News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Pray, When You Can Plan by akintom(m): 8:10am On Nov 21, 2016
honourhim:

Look at the dishonest equation you gave here which does not represent what he said. Quite a shame.

Can you please post an honest equation then. Quite a frozen brain.
Re: Why Pray, When You Can Plan by honourhim: 8:50am On Nov 21, 2016
akintom:

Can you please post an honest equation then. Quite a frozen brain.

I know you will always display your stupidity as you have always done in difence of your madness against christianity . Continue.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Pray, When You Can Plan by akintom(m): 9:08am On Nov 21, 2016
honourhim:

I know you will always display your stupidity as you have always done in difence of your madness against christianity . Continue.

You displayed the lowest act of stupidity, when you alleged, without proof.

You're simply bereft of common sense.

Otherwise you would have noticed, that religion and religious beliefs are my concerns.

Christianity just happened to suffer collateral damage from my writings.
Re: Why Pray, When You Can Plan by honourhim: 9:39am On Nov 21, 2016
akintom:

You displayed the lowest act of stupidity, when you alleged, without proof.

You're simply bereft of common sense.

Otherwise you would have noticed, that religion and religious beliefs are my concerns.

Christianity just happened to suffer collateral damage from my writings.

Christianity just happened to suffer collateral damage only in your brain.
The height of stupidity and madness that you display here against christianity is what you call common sense. Quite a shame.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Pray, When You Can Plan by akintom(m): 10:20am On Nov 21, 2016
honourhim:

Christianity just happened to suffer collateral damage only in your brain.
The height of stupidity and madness that you display here against christianity is what you call common sense. Quite a shame.

Are you some kind of "Christianity Avenger" now?

Christians come here, to expose the absurdities of religious idiocy, and that's why they get trashed.
Re: Why Pray, When You Can Plan by honourhim: 10:37am On Nov 21, 2016
akintom:

Are you some kind of "Christianity Avenger" now?

Christians come here, to expose the absurdities of religious idiocy, and that's why they get trashed.

Christians get trashed only in your small mind. Keep deceiving yourself.

I know that the scope of your madness covers religion but i am only narrowing it to christianity. I dont have time to waste.
Re: Why Pray, When You Can Plan by akintom(m): 10:39am On Nov 21, 2016
honourhim:

Christians get trashed only in your small mind. Keep deceiving yourself.

I know that the scope of your madness covers religion but i am only narrowing it to christianity. I dont have time to waste.

Get back when you have sth more rational and meaningful to discuss. OK?
Re: Why Pray, When You Can Plan by LordTheus(m): 5:26pm On Nov 30, 2023
LiberaDeus:
For the christards talking about the efficacy of prayer.

Lets compare religious Nigeria with Atheist Japan

1. GDP - Nigeria [ $484billion] , Japan[ $ 4.412 trillion]

2. GDP per capita - Nigeria[ $2640] Japan [$34871]

3. Human Development Index - Nigeria [ 0.514 (low)] Japan [ 0.891 ( very high) ]

4. Income inequality (gini ) - Nigeria [ 43.0 ( medium)] Japan [ 37.6 ( medium)]

The funny thing is that Japan's population is just 127 million while we have around 170 million people here.
That means we have at least 40 million extra prayer warriors. Such a huge failure of prayer.

Prayer has no power apart from the placebo effect which makes us feel better when we pray. But am sorry peeps, placebo effect has no effect on national development that's why I used two countries as an example and we can see the result.

The defence for the average Christian falls into 2 categories ;

1. Christians don't pray enough and lack faith - I don't think Nigeria lacks prayer. We have the great mountain of fire within us. We pray on any and every occasion. Concerning faith, out of 80 million Christians you can't tell me we won't have at least 1 million faith filled Christians. Even if its 1 Christian with faith its enough because prayer involves you inviting your mighty god to the party not you literally doing the work yourself. In 56 years of our independence you can't tell me that no faith filled believer has tabled Nigeria's case to his god and received a good response.

2. Its not Gods will - you can say that for a request for a Ferrari or a prayer to be a president of a country. But consider a country like Nigeria, why is it against God's will to prosper us.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Barika Jumah / "Faith Without Works Is Dead" - Olamide Obire / One With God Is Majority

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.