Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,232 members, 7,867,599 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 07:28 PM

How To Catch A Cheater... - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Catch A Cheater... (987 Views)

Sleeping With A Married Man Gave Me Insight Into A Cheater’s Mind / ”i’d Rather Be A Side Chick To A Loyal Man Than Be A Main Chick To A Cheater” / See How A Cheater Girlfriend Was Caught By Her Boyfriend's Friend On Whatsapp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Catch A Cheater... by DeLioncourt: 3:19pm On Nov 24, 2016
Are you suspecting your partner of doing the do with someone that is not you?
Or maybe you don't even suspect anything...
or... you just want to learn how to get away with cheating wink wink
This is for you.

First of all, to clear the air. No one gender cheats more than the other. It is a matter of choice, principle and willpower. However, men are more likely to cheat for the physical (what they see...boobs, ass), while women are more likely to cheat for the emotional (attention) or for the material (monetary or gift wise).

How to Catch a Cheater.
Some people are professional cheats while others give signs that need to be picked up on by an observant eye.

1. Increased Affection and Attention - A lot of 'love experts' will tell you that when your partner starts to cheat, they'll lose interest in you. While this is true most of the time, you need to watch out for sudden increased attention and affection. A cheater will usually show a renewed interest in their partner in a bid to misdirect. The idea is that they get away with their actions while you bask in this affection they shower you with.

2. Friends you never meet - Some cheats are so deep. They will tell you about the person they are cheating with and introduce them as friends. In some situations, you will never meet this friend you have heard so much about. Its very possible your partner is f*cking that friend or friends.

3. Unexplained time lapses - A cheater will need time to engage in his/her extra-curricular activities. If you've ever noticed that your partner vanishes for hours, not answering your calls or replying your texts, they might be cheating. However, make sure to exempt all the possibilities like work or evening fellowship. grin

4. Secrecy or Lack of Secrecy - This one right here is a conundrum. However, it's quite straightforward. You have to know the personality of your partner to use this as a criteria. If your partner is normally secretive and all of a sudden starts telling you about their day, who they saw, what they did...then something is up. Also, if your once open partner starts giving closed answers, something is up. Here, make sure to exempt depression and other things that may cause people to wanna be alone.

5. Paranoia - When your partner is constantly paranoid and accusing you of cheating, they very possibly are cheating on you. Cheaters tend to be paranoid because they assume that their partners are doing the same thing they are. Some also want to catch their partners cheating so that when shit hits the fan, they avoid all blame...when in fact they caused it.

6. Starting fights and arguments - When your partner tends to start silly fights over nothing, it could be that they're just short-tempered...or it could be that they're cheating. This happens more with emotional cheats anyway. They tend to transfer their emotions to the person they're cheating with and they end up comparing their partner to the person they're cheating with. Little things start to cause fights that make no sense.

7. Disjointed Stories - A cheat will tend to lie a lot. However, over time, the lies will change. They may forget certain details of the lie they told a while back or change certain variables. The fact is, the truth never changes. If your partner says they went to buy bread in ikoyi two years ago, and you ask again, its either they remember or forget. A cheat will change the lie...could be from bread to milk or from ikoyi to festac. This is because lies are difficult to keep track of...the brain is busy with many other truths.

I hope this was helpful...
Do well to ask your questions, leave your comments and opinions... Thanks smiley

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Catch A Cheater... by Aquilani1(f): 3:20pm On Nov 24, 2016
Bullshlt, cool
Re: How To Catch A Cheater... by Nobody: 3:23pm On Nov 24, 2016
My gawd you just open men yansh angry

2 Likes

Re: How To Catch A Cheater... by MackBrooklyn: 3:24pm On Nov 24, 2016
cheesy grin

OP, Your Problem Is A Problem cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Catch A Cheater... by makydebbie(f): 3:31pm On Nov 24, 2016
Number four tho.

When you are open its a problem, when you are being secretive its also a problem.

This life is complicated. Isn't it? undecided
Re: How To Catch A Cheater... by Nobody: 3:37pm On Nov 24, 2016
Gender with a high libido tend to cheat a lot.Esp when his/her partner lives far away or they are out of town.
Re: How To Catch A Cheater... by DeLioncourt: 3:52pm On Nov 24, 2016
makydebbie:
Number four tho.

When you are open its a problem, when you are being secretive its also a problem.

This life is complicated. Isn't it? undecided

no... it's not complicated.
when a non-secretive person suddenly becomes secretive, that's when there's a problem.
change in behavioral patterns are usually an indicator of something. If not health or psychological problems, then it's probably a relationship problem.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Catch A Cheater... by DeLioncourt: 3:52pm On Nov 24, 2016
Aquilani1:
Bullshlt, cool

lool.
i hope say your babe no dey NL.
Re: How To Catch A Cheater... by DeLioncourt: 3:53pm On Nov 24, 2016
comshots:
Gender with a high libido tend to cheat a lot.Esp when his/her partner lives far away or they are out of town.

True.
But a high libido is not gender specific.
Re: How To Catch A Cheater... by andyxyler(m): 4:06pm On Nov 24, 2016
angry
Re: How To Catch A Cheater... by Nobody: 4:20pm On Nov 24, 2016
Addicts do the same thing .......

1 Like

Re: How To Catch A Cheater... by makydebbie(f): 4:20pm On Nov 24, 2016
Yea, you are right.

But let's say I'm very secretive and I notice my guy doesnt like it and I become open?

Does it also mean I'm cheating?

Am i justified? Or am i a suspect?
DeLioncourt:

no... it's not complicated.
when a non-secretive person suddenly becomes secretive, that's when there's a problem.
change in behavioral patterns are usually an indicator of something. If not health or psychological problems, then it's probably a relationship problem.
Re: How To Catch A Cheater... by DeLioncourt: 6:03pm On Nov 24, 2016
makydebbie:
Yea, you are right.

But let's say I'm very secretive and I notice my guy doesnt like it and I become open?

That's a good question.
As with every rule, there are exceptions. That's why none of these indicators should be taken as absolute.
The fact that your partner exhibits one behavior isn't conclusive proof.
Other behaviors should be looked into to establish a pattern..before you conclude.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Catch A Cheater... by Nobody: 6:11pm On Nov 24, 2016
Wow the friend part is very important because one should be able to trust their partners around their friends. cry
Re: How To Catch A Cheater... by Milanfan(m): 6:41pm On Nov 24, 2016
There are no hard and fast rule in catching a thief,cheat or whatnot.

Be vigilant

Never love with your head rather love with your heart.

Always and always watch out for the hand writing on the wall,cos they will always come in tiny form before embolden.

Lastly be always prepare for when the shii will hit the ceiling cheesy grin,trust me,they Always do come cheesy grin cheesy wink
Re: How To Catch A Cheater... by Milanfan(m): 6:49pm On Nov 24, 2016
makydebbie:
Yea, you are right.

Good for you and bad for your guy.

I don't trust easily and expect same treatment,but if and when I trust you..........I fit put ring for that babe finger.

So yeah,psychologically,I will know something is up. wink
Re: How To Catch A Cheater... by makydebbie(f): 8:25pm On Nov 24, 2016
Lol!

I'm just trying to make things right in this instance. Guys are more complicated than ladies.
Milanfan:

Good for you and bad for your guy.

I don't trust easily and expect same treatment,but if and when I trust you..........I fit put ring for that babe finger.

So yeah,psychologically,I will know something is up. wink
Re: How To Catch A Cheater... by makydebbie(f): 8:26pm On Nov 24, 2016
Sure.
DeLioncourt:

That's a good question.
As with every rule, there are exceptions. That's why none of these indicators should be taken as absolute.
The fact that your partner exhibits one behavior isn't conclusive proof.
Other behaviors should be looked into to establish a pattern..before you conclude.
Re: How To Catch A Cheater... by Milanfan(m): 8:47pm On Nov 24, 2016
makydebbie:
Lol!

I'm just trying to make things right in this instance. Guys are more complicated than ladies.

"Complicated?How do you mean pls

(1) (Reply)

Kenyan Couple Spend N500 On Wedding Ceremony / She Claims To Be Showing Me Love And Care But... / My Last Day As A Bachelorette

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.