Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,227 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:02 AM

When Your Boyfriend's Best Friend Is Female? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When Your Boyfriend's Best Friend Is Female? (11475 Views)

Check Out Photos Of Girl Who Slept With Her Boyfriend’s Best Friend In Warri / Can I Date My Ex Boyfriend's Best Friend? / Kissed By My Boyfriend's Best Friend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Your Boyfriend's Best Friend Is Female? by rave2u: 2:56pm On Nov 07, 2009
Ok, a cousin of mine just started dating her boyfriend about four months back, and he has some really good friends that are females. According to what she said he told her, they are just platonic friends because some of them are childhood and friends all the way from his high school days.

She's not the jealous type and tries to be friendly to them all, but she says there's this particular female who's really close to her bf, they been friends for ever.

she's cool with this because she trusts her bf and knows he has no feelings towards this girl, but she says the girl in question has feelings for him.

I asked how she knows this and she says its a "female thing" now that I do not understand  grin.

But she says the way the girl talks to her bf and the vibe the girl gives her when the bf isn't watching isn't too friendly, but behaves so sweet and friendly towards her when the bf's watching.

She feels the girl is acting like a perfect best friend and waiting for her too loose it, so she could label her as the bitchy gf tryna keep the guy away from his buddies. she's been really keeping it cool and is slowly loosing it.

She doesn't know whether to tell him about this or simply keep quiet, because she doesn't want to come across as being some jealous controlling psycho. SO what do you suggest she does?

ANd ladies how would you handle such situation?
Re: When Your Boyfriend's Best Friend Is Female? by sexyLeamon(f): 3:04pm On Nov 07, 2009
I don't really consider myself insecure, but if my BF was spending this much time with someone other than me, especially if that person was a she, I would feel pretty sh!tty. if I was in her shoes, I would definitely tell my boyfriend how I feel, like dat, even if he had the intention of cheating, he would give it a second thought.
Re: When Your Boyfriend's Best Friend Is Female? by yme1(f): 3:08pm On Nov 07, 2009
jealousy is acceptable in a relationship but becomes unacceptable when it goes beyound that-------anyway thats by the way grin
tell your frd to let her bf in on how she feels about this particular girl in question
Re: When Your Boyfriend's Best Friend Is Female? by Godmother2: 3:25pm On Nov 07, 2009
I had a similar experience where the girl in question had feelings for my bf and he knew it, she was his best friend. I never could be friends with her even when I tried .Anyway, when we parted ways, that was one of the things that caused it.
Re: When Your Boyfriend's Best Friend Is Female? by Thed(m): 3:43pm On Nov 07, 2009
I think it is wise she tell the boy friend of what that have been happening between her and the other girl. Its better he knows
Re: When Your Boyfriend's Best Friend Is Female? by whitesturd(f): 3:43pm On Nov 07, 2009
I am very jealous wen it comes to things like this.i don think i can take this.tell ur friend to tel her b/f this.
Re: When Your Boyfriend's Best Friend Is Female? by iice(f): 5:17pm On Nov 07, 2009
Hmmm. . .personally i'm not the jealous type and i have no hesitations telling him my opinions and observations. It's up to him to know whats up. Thankfully he trusts my judgment cheesy

So yeah, i think she should tell him but she should also prepare herself in case he doesn't believe her and thinks she's just jealous or petty or something undecided
Re: When Your Boyfriend's Best Friend Is Female? by agabaI23(m): 3:46pm On Nov 08, 2009
Haha,
Life is a bitch. This topic keeps coming up. It was discussed last year!
Re: When Your Boyfriend's Best Friend Is Female? by GeorgeD1(m): 3:47pm On Nov 08, 2009
live with it, sister! grin
Re: When Your Boyfriend's Best Friend Is Female? by Radiant(f): 4:07pm On Nov 08, 2009
LOL. . .there's no point bottling up your feelings. Say it like it is and get it sorted.

Yea, I'm not the jealous type. I could be so friendly and laid back but hey don't cross the line. I'll only be be wise until you prove to be wiser grin
Re: When Your Boyfriend's Best Friend Is Female? by bandely(m): 4:08pm On Nov 08, 2009
agabaI23:

Haha,
Life is a bitch.
This topic keeps coming up. It was discussed last year!
Depending on how you treat her, you might get rich! (Jadakiss) grin grin grin grin grin
Re: When Your Boyfriend's Best Friend Is Female? by Nobody: 4:17pm On Nov 08, 2009
@ topic

I am editing my comment. This one na serious wa.

I am leaving it to the experts.
Re: When Your Boyfriend's Best Friend Is Female? by akinalabi(m): 4:55pm On Nov 08, 2009
The girl should make a guy her best friend as well cheesy
Re: When Your Boyfriend's Best Friend Is Female? by GeorgeD1(m): 5:09pm On Nov 08, 2009
bandely:

Depending on how you treat her, you might get rich! (Jadakiss) grin grin grin grin grin

you're introducing another angle to this whole thingy!
Re: When Your Boyfriend's Best Friend Is Female? by oge4real(f): 6:23pm On Nov 08, 2009
akinalabi:

The girl should make a guy her best friend as well cheesy
Now thats a very naughty idea.
Re: When Your Boyfriend's Best Friend Is Female? by OjusOJUS(m): 6:32pm On Nov 08, 2009
Is never a bad thing but is just that u av to trust ur partner.As for me am a guy and my best friend is a female and we are always cool,and she just got married.
Re: When Your Boyfriend's Best Friend Is Female? by Secretz(f): 7:01pm On Nov 08, 2009
Oh dear . . . she needs to open up and tell him how she feels I suppose. . . . in a non 'I'm giving you an ultimatum' kind of way. If he get sense, then he should 'know' how to handle it. grin
Re: When Your Boyfriend's Best Friend Is Female? by GeorgeD1(m): 7:07pm On Nov 08, 2009
don't you think the 'ultimatum' will backfire? he could just as well dump you atogether for his bestfriend! grin
Re: When Your Boyfriend's Best Friend Is Female? by whiteroses(f): 7:32pm On Nov 08, 2009
i'd be intimidated but i wouldnt know what to do tho, probably look for the next excuse to leave
Re: When Your Boyfriend's Best Friend Is Female? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Nov 08, 2009
@ poster

Does your boyfriend know his bestfriend has feelings for him? If he has never suspected this (and I'll you guys are dense in matters like this), he'll simply laugh the matter off and say you are jealous.

You must first of all prove she loves him.
Re: When Your Boyfriend's Best Friend Is Female? by Secretz(f): 8:08pm On Nov 08, 2009
George_D:

don't you think the 'ultimatum' will backfire? he could just as well dump you atogether for his bestfriend! grin

I said in a NON 'I'm giving you an ultimatum' kind of way . . . otherwise he will just think shes jealous and tell her to get a life. grin
Re: When Your Boyfriend's Best Friend Is Female? by slimes(m): 8:33pm On Nov 08, 2009
She should not hesitate to tell her bF what the other girl is doing.
Re: When Your Boyfriend's Best Friend Is Female? by semid4lyfe(m): 8:46pm On Nov 08, 2009
Proximity with the opposite sex breeds affection.
Re: When Your Boyfriend's Best Friend Is Female? by dramaquin: 9:38pm On Nov 08, 2009
for me o!in my serious r/ships,my bf's my best friend.
so all this issue of havin a best friend from d past?, NEVER!!!!
ur cousin shld express her worries to d guy, undecided
if it doesnt werk(he doesnt do anything abt it)then like someone said here,she shld also get a male best friend cheesy
then lets see how d guy feels abt that.(hope it doesnt backfire tho)
last option?confront d so-called 'best friend'(pls dnt quote me) tongue
final final option,concentrate on d trust u have for him, be nice to her,make her feel jealous too!
Re: When Your Boyfriend's Best Friend Is Female? by TheSly: 10:48pm On Nov 08, 2009
Its funny how err girl on this page says they are ''not the jealous type''
And Yet, they end their sentences with '' i will tell him this. . .that. . . .blah. . .blah. . .blah

Friends like that have their purposes . . . . . So dont ever let your emotion clouds your reasoning
They are ''just'' friends and thats about it. . . .All u gotta do is live with it.
Re: When Your Boyfriend's Best Friend Is Female? by mavenbox: 11:13pm On Nov 08, 2009
[size=1pt][s]Have a party plus her and forget about it all, [/s][/size]
Re: When Your Boyfriend's Best Friend Is Female? by muffins(f): 12:14am On Nov 09, 2009
The Jealous women are in the house. grin grin grin
Re: When Your Boyfriend's Best Friend Is Female? by stilletos: 12:56am On Nov 09, 2009
You don't stand a chance.When its best friends concerned.if I told ma best friend I had the hots for him, he'ld dump his bitch in a minute.
Re: When Your Boyfriend's Best Friend Is Female? by Gabry(f): 1:27am On Nov 09, 2009
A best friend and a lover means two completely different things so its always best to sperate both of it and always know the difference and where you are standing so for me its ok if his best frind is a female. It dont matter. If he ends up with that best friend, than I know he was never meantr for me and thats all. Besides, destiny has always had its toll on prople. If its meant to be than its meant to be otherwise if its not meant to be, than its not meant to be. But I also hope he could accept that if one day I have a guy as my best friend
Re: When Your Boyfriend's Best Friend Is Female? by Soflex(m): 2:48am On Nov 09, 2009
U guys av 2pls help me; am d boyfrend in question, wat can i do 2kip my bestfrend &galfrend?
Re: When Your Boyfriend's Best Friend Is Female? by ELDINO: 6:32am On Nov 09, 2009
Hmnnn,still thinking!!
Re: When Your Boyfriend's Best Friend Is Female? by numen(m): 7:11am On Nov 09, 2009
The odds of this situation working out peacefully for all involved is 1:1,000,000,000. Its either the best friend will have feelings for the bf or the bf for the bs or both. Either way the bf should decide between the gf and the bs who deserves most of his attention and focus it.

The spark that is generated between a male and a female who are close is so natural that u cant stop it. Also gf should let bf know abt how she feels abt it all. Basically talk abt it and do your best to get a decision taken abt it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Guys ,how Do U Feel After Disvirgining A Lady? / I Killed This and Saw This Thing Inside. What Should I Do With It? [Picture] / Oh Boy! Girls Gone Wild As They Expose It All At Rita Lori Pool. (PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.