Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,105 members, 7,814,881 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:52 PM

D - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / D (13579 Views)

The More Intelligent A Child Is,the More Likely It'll Abandon Religion-newstudy / What If Your Religion Is Wrong,how Would You Know / Why Religion Is Still A Necessity In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: D by Nobody: 5:18pm On Nov 27, 2016
LaClicKLaBenDin:

First of all, Islam is not an Abrahamic religion, Islam wasn't even in existence in the days of Jesus. Islam is a creation of people who wanted to eradicate true Christianity..(do your research on this)
Correction Islam is an Abrahamic religion, so is Christianity, Judaism, Rastafarianism and Mormonism.
Islam simply did to christians what they did to the Jews.
Copy their religion, change certain aspects and make the other group sinners.

Secondly, I really do not understand why you brought up the issue of 'barbaric' acts, and yet trying to make excuse for Islam which till today is engaged in barbaric acts capable of making the morals of our children warped.
I didn't excuse anybody.

You have forgotten that in that era associated with the Bible passage you quoted, was an era of wars and conquest (I am sure you know this), and secondly, that was also the era of Judaism.
Again you can't separate it from Christianity, the 10 commandments was also part of the old testament, so was most of the defining events in the bible.

From Matthew to Revelation, which ushered in modern day Christianity, I am sure you won't find any incident of what you the book of Joshua described. Please tell me anywhere in the Bible from Matthew to Revelation that depicts any type of barbaric act, capable of warping the morals of our children?
Firstly you talk as if the Bible is separated. Like the OT is not part of it. Nobody teaches just the OT and forgets the rest.
Secondly yes I can tell you a lot
I see the concept of sin( especially does concerning trivial things) as wrong and capable of warping morals.
The concept of an eternal torture chamber
Jesus not condemning slavery
The misogyny supported in the new testament

1 Like

Re: D by KingEbukaNaija: 5:18pm On Nov 27, 2016
EyeHateGod:

[size=15pt]When someone Question Religion what does it Result to?[/size]

KingEbukaNaija:

Those who question religious beliefs are called Religious Skeptics not atheists . You can acknowledge God and question religion . And there are atheists in Religion , these atheists have religious beliefs - Buddhism , Confucianism , Jainism ,Unitarian Universalism etc .
Re: D by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 5:20pm On Nov 27, 2016
EyeHateGod:

U Also don't know the real origin of Christianity... But of course you can apply skeptism to other religion but not Your own? Hypocrite!!

You and the hypocrite word...

I know the real origin of Christianity and Islam. And seeing that wiki is your authority on the subject matter, I can't argue with you, it's pointless.. it's more like arguing about browsing the "web" and browsing the "deep or dark web".
Re: D by EyeHateGod: 5:20pm On Nov 27, 2016
LaClicKLaBenDin:

Seeing the "unclotheness" in that context means sexual relations. When a lady says "you can never see my unclothedness', what does that mean?

It means she don't want you to see her unclothedness!

Uncloth

adjective
Not wearing clothes; nude or naked; with the clothes removed;

Please, I haven't seen where any Christian killed a witch and if you have evidence of such, please bring it here. The gospel of Jesus Christ is the gospel of peace. The Bible says that "it is not the will of God that any should perish, but that ALL may come to repentance. Any pastor who kills a witch should be arrested and tried for murder, it is that simple.
Oh so it's Muslim that kill them abi? It's Muslim that abandon their kids on the street for being witch abi?

Of course when it comes to things like this you won't see anything na

The Bible Also says suffereth not the witch to live so what is ur point...

2 Likes

Re: D by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 5:21pm On Nov 27, 2016
Lennycool:

Correction Islam is an Abrahamic religion, so is Christianity, Judaism, Rastafarianism and Mormonism.
Islam simply did to christians what they did to the Jews.
Copy their religion, change certain aspects and make the other group sinners.

I didn't excuse anybody.

Again you can't separate it from Christianity, the 10 commandments was also part of the old testament, so was most of the defining events in the bible.

Firstly you talk as if the Bible is separated. Like the OT is not part of it. Nobody teaches just the OT and forgets the rest.
Secondly yes I can tell you a lot
I see the concept of sin( especially does concerning trivial things) as wrong and capable of warping morals.
The concept of an eternal torture chamber
Jesus not condemning slavery
The misogyny supported in the new testament

So, do you now believe authenticity of the Bible in its entirety?
Re: D by jonbellion(m): 5:22pm On Nov 27, 2016
LaClicKLaBenDin:

From your comments about Islam, it shows how widely you're read, so, please let's not go there. If wiki is your biggest authority when it comes to history, then I am truly sorry for you.
and I told you I got my information from wiki where
Re: D by Nobody: 5:23pm On Nov 27, 2016
Splinz:

I can't possibly waste my precious time with your bunches of nonsense.

It's not just worth it!
grin grin
By commenting are you not already wasting your time?
;DD
Funny man.
Step aside let the adults discuss
Re: D by EyeHateGod: 5:25pm On Nov 27, 2016
LaClicKLaBenDin:

You and the hypocrite word...

I know the real origin of Christianity and Islam. And seeing that wiki is your authority on the subject matter, I can't argue with you, it's pointless.. it's more like arguing about browsing the "web" and browsing the "deep or dark web".
DO you mean the origin of Christianity like yahweh coming to sleep with Mary to give birth to him self? I bet Zeus sleeps with women to the only difference is that he has more prowes than Yahweh? Is that your origin cause thats that what i know...

Yes i use the hypocrite word cause that's what Christians are...
Re: D by Nobody: 5:26pm On Nov 27, 2016
LaClicKLaBenDin:

So, do you now believe authenticity of the Bible in its entirety?
That is besides the point.
And since we are tossing questions now, do you think Joshua was right for killing the people of Jericho.
Re: D by Nobody: 5:28pm On Nov 27, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

LonelyAssDude asked : "Someone Question[s] Religion what does it Result to?" And that was my response .

Misconceptions can lead to someone questioning the bible.

More like you are lagging behind
Point dodger.
Either the Bible is wrong or God is wrong.
So what is your stand?
Re: D by KingEbukaNaija: 5:30pm On Nov 27, 2016
Lennycool:

Point dodger.
Either the Bible is wrong or God is wrong.
So what is your stand?

What do you mean by the bible is wrong ?
Re: D by Splinz(m): 5:31pm On Nov 27, 2016
Lennycool:

grin grin
By commenting are you not already wasting your time?
;DD
Funny man.
Step aside let the adults discuss

undecided

Re: D by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 5:33pm On Nov 27, 2016
EyeHateGod:

It means she don't want you to see her unclothedness!

Uncloth

adjective
Not wearing clothes; nude or naked; with the clothes removed;

Oh so it's Muslim that kill them abi? It's Muslim that abandon their kids on the street for being witch abi?

Of when it comes to things like this you won't see anything na

The Bible Also says suffereth not the witch to live so what is ur point...

Brother, you're shallow in your arguments, and it won't lead anywhere, I am sorry to state the obvious.

You talk about unclotheness as meaning seeing unclothedness? Do you have an idea of literal and contextual meanings? So, in all your wisdom everything written in the Bible is very literal? Or you just chose to make it so in order to project your argument?

The Bible said so in the old testament, didn't it? Do Christian practice the form of religion that the old testament believers practised?

I said it before, and I am saying it again, Jesus never taught us to kill witches or their likes, he instead gave us dominion over them. Jesus didn't order that the mad man be chained or locked up, instead, He casted out the evil in him and set him free, as followers of Christ(Christians) this is what we should do. Witchcraft is a spirit that possess people and wreck havoc through the people they possess, and as Christians, we have been given power over this spirit. So, if anyone is possessed of witchcraft, the pastor should simply cast the spirit out and set the person free.

Don't think because I am a Christian, therefore, I will support wrong doing. Like I said, any pastor or Christian who kills someone in the name of witchcraft, such a pastor should be attested.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: D by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 5:36pm On Nov 27, 2016
Lennycool:

That is besides the point.
And since we are tossing questions now, do you think Joshua was right for killing the people of Jericho.

It is not besides the point, sir. We arguing about a book that you don't believe in its authenticity...so, I was wondering..you don't believe its narratives are true, yet you're using those same false narratives to attack it?

In the context of the era this happened, it was Right. It was the era of wars and conquest; kingdoms invade other kingdoms and take over...you know this!
Re: D by Nobody: 5:38pm On Nov 27, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

What do you mean by the bible is wrong ?
The bible somehow got the tales wrong or it was corrupted by other humans.
Either that or God was wrong?

Except of course you completely accept that Joshua's actions were right. That the genocide was okay
Re: D by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 5:38pm On Nov 27, 2016
jonbellion:
and I told you I got my information from wiki where

The guy who hates God said so.

Sorry, not you.
Re: D by KingEbukaNaija: 5:39pm On Nov 27, 2016
LaClicKLaBenDin:

Brother, you're shallow in your arguments, and it won't lead anywhere, I am sorry to state the obvious.

You talk about unclotheness as meaning seeing unclothedness? Do you have an idea literal and contextual meanings? So, in all your wisdom everything written in the Bible is very literal? Or you just chose to make it so in order to project your argument?

The Bible said so in the old testament, didn't it? Do Christian practice the form of religion that the old testament believers practised?

I said it before, and I am saying it again, Jesus never thought us to kill witches or their likes, he instead gave us dominion over them. Jesus didn't order that the mad man be chained or locked up, instead, He casted out the evil in him and set him free, as followers of Christ(Christians) this is what we should do. Witchcraft is a spirit that possess people and wreck havoc through the people they possess, and as Christians, we have been given power over this spirit. So, if anyone is possessed of witchcraft, the pastor should simply cast the spirit out and set the person free.

Don't think because I am a Christian, therefore, I will support wrong doing. Like I said, any pastor or Christian who kills someone in the name of witchcraft, such a pastor should be attested.

cool cool

Re: D by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 5:41pm On Nov 27, 2016
EyeHateGod:

DO you mean the origin of Christianity like yahweh coming to sleep with Mary to give birth to him self? I bet Zeus sleeps with women to the only difference is that he has more prowes than Yahweh? Is that your origin cause thats that what i know...

Yes i use the hypocrite word cause that's what Christians are...

It is talks like this that make me quit conversations.

As much as you do not respect and believe in my God, you should at least respect my opinion about him.

2 Likes

Re: D by Nobody: 5:44pm On Nov 27, 2016
LaClicKLaBenDin:

It is not besides the point, sir. We arguing about a book that you don't believe in its authenticity...so, I was wondering..you don't believe its narratives are true, yet you're using those same false narratives to attack it?

In the context of the era this happened, it was Right. It was the era of wars and conquest; kingdoms invade other kingdoms and take over...you know this!
You don't need to believe in the accuracy of something before you can argue on it.
And you think its right?
Wow
And this is exactly my point. Would you say general Lin was also right?
It not why?
Re: D by EyeHateGod: 5:45pm On Nov 27, 2016
LaClicKLaBenDin:

You talk about unclotheness as meaning seeing unclothedness? Do you have an idea of literal and contextual meanings? So, in all your wisdom everything written in the Bible is very literal? Or you just chose to make it so in order to project your argument?

WTF Is this?

I said it before, and I am saying it again, Jesus never taught us to kill witches or their likes, he instead gave us dominion over them. Jesus didn't order that the mad man be chained or locked up, instead, He casted out the evil in him and set him free, as followers of Christ(Christians) this is what we should do. Witchcraft is a spirit that possess people and wreck havoc through the people they possess, and as Christians, we have been given power over this spirit. So, if anyone is possessed of witchcraft, the pastor should simply cast the spirit out and set the person free.

Is Yahweh not the same as Jesus Again?
Re: D by EyeHateGod: 5:47pm On Nov 27, 2016
LaClicKLaBenDin:

It is talks like this that make quit conversations.

As much as you do not respect and believe in my God, you should at least respect my opinion about him.
And i bet ur own origin of Islam is respectful to Islam? Are you seeing what is going on here?

3 Likes

Re: D by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 5:47pm On Nov 27, 2016
EyeHateGod:

WTF Is this?

Is Yahweh not the same as Jesus Again?

This is why I say you're very shallow, and you keep going down the more.

Do have any idea that God operations are based on dispensations? Have you ever come across that?
Re: D by KingEbukaNaija: 5:49pm On Nov 27, 2016
Lennycool:

The bible somehow got the tales wrong or it was corrupted by other humans.
Either that or God was wrong?

I don't see your point bro . I just told you that misconceptions can lead to questioning the bible . When you question something , it means you have doubts , you are skeptical .

misconception
a view or opinion that is incorrect because based on faulty thinking or understanding.

An example of a misconception in the bible is the location of Heaven . Some Christians believe that heaven is in the sky or that God lives in the sky . Such misconception can lead to doubts . The truth is that God dwells in an immaterial transcendent realm .

Except of course you completely accept that Joshua's actions were right. That the genocide was okay

Joshua had the jurisdiction from God to execute .
Re: D by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 5:52pm On Nov 27, 2016
EyeHateGod:

And i bet ur own origin of Islam is respectful to Islam? Are you seeing what is going on here?

Why are you obsessed with my religion? I'm talking to you as an individual, and I said what I said to you as an individual, why can't you treat me as an individual? Where have you seen me disrespect Islam? If I want to talk about Islam I say issues based facts. Have you seen me curse or say anything about their prophet? Please, if you have, make known here.
Re: D by jonbellion(m): 5:52pm On Nov 27, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

I don't see your point bro . I just told you that misconceptions can lead to questioning the bible . When you question something , it means you have doubts , you are skeptical .

misconception
a view or opinion that is incorrect because based on faulty thinking or understanding.

An example of a misconception in the bible is the location of Heaven . Some Christians believe that heaven is in the sky or that God lives in the sky . Such misconception can lead to doubts . The truth is that God dwells in an immaterial transcendent realm .

Joshua had the jurisdiction from God to execute .
but jesus flew to the sky instead of immaterialising undecided
That is just an excuse by the modern church so they can wallow in their Jewish version of king Arthur folklore

2 Likes

Re: D by KingEbukaNaija: 5:53pm On Nov 27, 2016
jonbellion:
but jesus flew to the sky instead of immaterialising undecided
That is just an excuse by the modern church so they can wallow in their Jewish version of king Arthur folklore

Re: D by orisa37: 5:54pm On Nov 27, 2016
Ignorance @ its lowest ebbs.
Re: D by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 5:55pm On Nov 27, 2016
Lennycool:

You don't need to believe in the accuracy of something before you can argue on it.
And you think its right?
Wow
And this is exactly my point. Would you say general Lin was also right?
It not why?

Regardless of the religious intonation to the two stories, they're all right judging by the context of the era that these events took place, and you're intelligent enough to know that. Back then, it was basically survival of the strongest kingdom. How did the Roman empire become that big and extensive, wasn't it through conquest?
Re: D by EyeHateGod: 5:56pm On Nov 27, 2016
LaClicKLaBenDin:

This is why I say you're very shallow, and you keep going down the more.

Do have any idea that God operations are based on dispensations? Have you ever come across that?
Is Yahweh not the same today tomorrow and forever?

2 Likes

Re: D by EyeHateGod: 5:57pm On Nov 27, 2016
LaClicKLaBenDin:

Why are you obsessed with my religion? I'm talking to you as an individual, and I said what I said to you as an individual, why can't you treat me as an individual? Where have you seen me disrespect Islam? If I want to talk about Islam I say issues based facts. Have you seen me curse or say anything about their prophet? Please, if you have, make known here.
I don't know how many alternate moniker you have on NL
Re: D by EyeHateGod: 6:00pm On Nov 27, 2016
LaClicKLaBenDin:

The guy who hates God said so.

Sorry, not you.
Because Yahweh is the Only God there is? Oh i get it you where projecting ur shallowness on me grin

1 Like

Re: D by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 6:00pm On Nov 27, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Is Yahweh not the same today tomorrow and forever?

Please, this guy is too shallow for me, I can't come down to his level. grin grin angry

Please I need someone that we can reason on the same frequency with..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Must Read: Olodumare (GOD) In Yoruba Ifa And Orisha Is Monotheistic / Logicboy Meets Anony Again! Philosophy Vs Naturalism / CCC..... Celestial Church Of Christ (oil And Soap Bath)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.