Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,074 members, 7,814,719 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:16 PM

D - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / D (13563 Views)

The More Intelligent A Child Is,the More Likely It'll Abandon Religion-newstudy / What If Your Religion Is Wrong,how Would You Know / Why Religion Is Still A Necessity In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: D by Urahara2: 3:03pm On Nov 28, 2016
jonbellion:
[/quote]

chaiii , which time I talk this one na shocked[quote author=jonbellion post=51453434]

chaiii , which time I talk this one na
Re: D by jonbellion(m): 3:11pm On Nov 28, 2016
I can blaspheme about Eminem but not about slim shady
If I do I will be tormented forever in an abyss of pain and anguish
Because although Eminem is slim shady, slim shady is not Eminem
The Abrahamic God has one kind of serious mental disorder... .....
Re: D by Urahara2: 3:17pm On Nov 28, 2016
jonbellion:
I can blaspheme about Eminem but not about slim shady
If I do I will be tormented forever in an abyss of pain and anguish
Because although Eminem is slim shady, slim shady is not Eminem
The Abrahamic God has one kind of serious mental disorder... .....

I swear down , yaba left thinz.

........and if u believe in Eminem but not in slim shady, you would be tormented forever in an abyss of pain and anguish , because slim shady is not Eminem , even though Eminem is slim shady.

....,...........the inanity of Christianity
Re: D by 4kings: 7:11pm On Nov 28, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

You still have not shown me how that is irrational.

compare with this;

Multiverse theory is clearly fictional , infinite universes ? That's unrealistic and unscientific .
How is your "rational claim" different from this "fiction"?

BTW multiverse theory has not been refuted, even Michio Kaku is a big fan.
Re: D by dalaman: 7:18pm On Nov 28, 2016
4kings:

compare with this;

Learn not to take KingEbukasBlog seriously. Only things that agree with his bias as true.
Re: D by 4kings: 7:24pm On Nov 28, 2016
dalaman:

Learn not to take KingEbukasBlog seriously. Only things that agree with his bias as true.
His "portal" story really shocked me.
I expected him to come up with the regular excuse of "metaphor" or maybe an "apocrypha gospel" , but then he says it's based on reason, how is that different most religious sect.
Re: D by dalaman: 7:27pm On Nov 28, 2016
4kings:

I expected him to come up with the regular excuse of "metaphor" or maybe an "apocrypha gospel" , but then he says it's based on reason, how is that different most religious sect.

Reason? You can't put Ebuka and reason in the same sentence.
Re: D by KingEbukaNaija: 7:28pm On Nov 28, 2016
4kings:

compare with this;

Multi universe does not refute God . God could have created an ensemble of universes each of them governed by unique laws and possibilities .
Re: D by KingEbukaNaija: 7:31pm On Nov 28, 2016
dalaman:

KingEbukaNaija:

The universe is defined as the whole of matter, energy, planets, galaxies and space. Why would a tiny part of it strongly show a beginning and expansion and the rest would show otherwise ?

You didn't answer this question . Answer it , let's continue our discussion .
Re: D by 4kings: 7:31pm On Nov 28, 2016
dalaman:

Well, he gives good points sometimes.
Open-mindedness is a virtue
Re: D by 4kings: 7:34pm On Nov 28, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Multi universe does not refute God . God could have created an ensemble of universes each of them governed by unique laws and possibilities .
Agreed.
Then its not "fiction", but "rational opinions" that can be false like yours, right?
Re: D by dalaman: 7:34pm On Nov 28, 2016
4kings:

Well, he gives good points sometimes.
Open-mindedness is a virtue

Truly he does smiley
Re: D by KingEbukaNaija: 7:34pm On Nov 28, 2016
4kings:

I explained why I mentioned portals . Its left for you to understand or deny

KingEbukaNaija:

God is not a denizen of this universe , he dwells in an immaterial realm , in a different dimension .

Portals are gateways or doorways to different dimensions , different locations in the universe or outside it . Alien visitation stories or visits from extra-dimensional beings always include the use of portals as means of getting to earth and back to their abode .

So I simply applied the same reasoning here in the cases of the Towel of Babel , the Taking of Enoch and Elijah and the Ascension of Christ .
Re: D by Urahara2: 7:35pm On Nov 28, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

What do you mean by the bible is wrong ?

of course not .how can the bible ever be wrong.its not like talking donkeys and snakes don't exist
Re: D by KingEbukaNaija: 7:36pm On Nov 28, 2016
4kings:

Agreed.
Then its not "fiction", but "rational opinions" that can be false like yours, right?

I'm not dogmatic about the "portal" explanation . I think a logical explanation .

Another could be abracadabra - Christ disappearing and appearing in Heaven .
Re: D by dalaman: 7:37pm On Nov 28, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

You didn't answer this question . Answer it , let's continue our discussion .

Its just an assumption on my part. The observable universe does not show that it has a beginning from nothing. It just shows that it started to expand from a source. What that source is, is what we don't know. A singularity is NOT nothing.
Re: D by KingEbukaNaija: 7:38pm On Nov 28, 2016
4kings:

Agreed.

Fine tuning needs a creator . Attributing it to chance is illogical since the probability is inconceivable .
Re: D by 4kings: 7:38pm On Nov 28, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

I explained why I mentioned portals . Its left for you to understand or deny

Every religious sect or weird theories, have explanations, its left for you to understand or deny wink
Re: D by KingEbukaNaija: 7:40pm On Nov 28, 2016
4kings:

Every religious sect or weird theories, have explanations, its left for you to understand or deny wink

I know lots of philosophical/theological doctrines and how many have you seen me rejecting ?
Re: D by KingEbukaNaija: 7:40pm On Nov 28, 2016
dalaman:

Its just an assumption on my part. The observable universe does not show that it has a beginning from nothing. It just shows that it started to expand from a source. What that source is, is what we don't know. A singularity is NOT nothing.

That means you have faith na . Yes or No ?
Re: D by 4kings: 7:43pm On Nov 28, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

I'm not dogmatic about the "portal" explanation . I think a logical explanation .

Another could be abracadabra - Christ disappearing and appearing in Heaven .

U just dey make me laff

Baba reexamine your belief, if u agree not to be dogmatic here then do the same to all, why do u refute young earth creationism and accept new age christian revisions.

KingEbukaNaija:

Fine tuning needs a creator . Attributing it to chance is illogical since the probability is inconceivable .
I never brought up chance

1 Like

Re: D by dalaman: 7:44pm On Nov 28, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

That means you have faith na . Yes or No ?

I really do not care much about it. Origin sciences is something that I personally do not take seriously because it is riddled with so much conjecture and lack of consensus. It's just like evolution to me. Part of it makes sense and has evidence to support it, other parts are just a gaint leap which I consider ridiculous.
Re: D by 4kings: 7:44pm On Nov 28, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

I know lots of philosophical/theological doctrines and how many have you seen me rejecting ?
Every one that does not deify Christ, durrhhh undecided
Re: D by Urahara2: 7:51pm On Nov 28, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

You do realise this flagrant show of impiety is against Nairaland's rules . If you won't refrain from disrespecting people's beliefs I'll ignore you . By the way what do you care .

Jesus' resurrection involved a bodily transformation . Christ got into Heaven through a portal . Portals serve as gateways into dimensions .

but it isn't a problem when Christians create threads shattering Islamic beliefs.

double standards

can somebody please give ebuka the e pain am
despicable me meme
Re: D by Urahara2: 8:01pm On Nov 28, 2016
EyeHateGod:
Portal well this is new
don't mind him.
his just busy cooking up stuffs from his head

1 Like

Re: D by KingEbukaNaija: 8:05pm On Nov 28, 2016
4kings:

U just dey make me laff

Baba reexamine your belief, if u agree not to be dogmatic here then do the same to all, why do u refute young earth creationism and accept new age christian revisions.

Not being dogmatic means that I am not saying that the portal theory is incontrovertibly true .

I never brought up chance

Do you how inconceivable the probability that the universe came by chance is ? To talk of several universes and each being fine tuned to sustain life and be functional .
Re: D by KingEbukaNaija: 8:06pm On Nov 28, 2016
4kings:

Every one that does not deify Christ, durrhhh undecided

undecided undecided
Re: D by KingEbukaNaija: 8:10pm On Nov 28, 2016
Urahara2:

don't mind him.

his just busy cooking up stuffs from his head

Its called thinking which obviously you are oblivious to . And I am not pontificating because I accepted that the theory could be wrong
Re: D by 4kings: 8:13pm On Nov 28, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Not being dogmatic means that I am not saying that the portal theory is incontrovertibly true .
most bible claims are not true tongue

Do you how inconceivable the probability that the universe came by chance is ? To talk of several universes and each being fine tuned to sustain life and be functional .
your point is ...?
Re: D by 4kings: 8:13pm On Nov 28, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

undecided undecided
grin grin
dogma in action tongue
Re: D by Urahara2: 8:14pm On Nov 28, 2016
jonbellion:

Chaiiii!!!!!!!!!
See cognitive dissonance oooooooo
What is this star trek?? grin cheesy

coming from the same ebuka that believes that motor park touts are atheists u shouldn't be surprised
Re: D by Urahara2: 8:15pm On Nov 28, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Its called thinking which obviously you are oblivious to . And I am not pontificating because I accepted that the theory could be wrong

OK , keep on " thinking "

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Picture Of The American Missionary Who Was Released By Kidnappers / Jesus Has No Sword In His Mouth. Understanding Revelation 1:16 And 2:16 / Will There Be Partial Rapture? Will All Christians Go Up At The Time Of Rapture?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.