Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,929 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

D - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / D (13583 Views)

The More Intelligent A Child Is,the More Likely It'll Abandon Religion-newstudy / What If Your Religion Is Wrong,how Would You Know / Why Religion Is Still A Necessity In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: D by jonbellion(m): 6:00pm On Nov 27, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

* sigh*
Lemme break it down for you
You said heaven is an immaterial realm not in the sky
But jesus ascended into the sky
Since heaven isn't in the realm he should have just disappeared so skeptics like myself would take you guys seriously
This obvious discrepancy in your apologetic tactic indeed shows that heaven was thought to be "in the sky" by the early church
-the tower of Babel
-elijahs ascension with a chariot of fire
-Enoch
-and the ultimate hippie Yeshua

3 Likes

Re: D by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 6:02pm On Nov 27, 2016
EyeHateGod:

I don't know how many alternate moniker you have on NL

Hahahahaha grin grin grin where is this coming from?

Well to answer your question, I have two: this one and another I created on Thursday. Why?
Re: D by KingEbukaNaija: 6:07pm On Nov 27, 2016
jonbellion:
* sigh*
Lemme break it down for you
You said heaven is an immaterial realm not in the sky
But jesus ascended into the sky
Since heaven isn't in the realm he should have just disappeared so skeptics like myself would take you guys seriously
This obvious discrepancy in your apologetic tactic indeed shows that heaven was thought to be "in the sky" by the early church
-the tower of Babel
-elijahs ascension with a chariot of fire
-Enoch
-and the ultimate hippie Yeshua

You do realise this flagrant show of impiety is against Nairaland's rules . If you won't refrain from disrespecting people's beliefs I'll ignore you . By the way what do you care .

Jesus' resurrection involved a bodily transformation . Christ got into Heaven through a portal . Portals serve as gateways into dimensions .
Re: D by EyeHateGod: 6:08pm On Nov 27, 2016
LaClicKLaBenDin:

Please, this guy is too shallow for me, I can't come down to his level. grin grin angry

Please I need someone that we can reason on the same frequency with..
No you are running again like you did on the other thread..

LaClicKLaBenDin:

Hahahahaha grin grin grin where is this coming from?
Well to answer your question, I have two: this one and another I created on Thursday. Why?
Hmmm
Re: D by EyeHateGod: 6:10pm On Nov 27, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Jesus' resurrection involved a bodily transformation . Christ got into Heaven through a portal . Portals serve as gateways into dimensions .
Portal well this is new

5 Likes

Re: D by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 6:15pm On Nov 27, 2016
EyeHateGod:

No you are running again like you did on the other thread..

Hmmm

Really? When a conversation makes no sense, I end it. Can't you see we're not talking on the same frequency? I say one thing and you're saying something unrelated... it's tiring bro. I dont know if you understand me, it's tiring.

That's why I love talking to Lennycool anytime, even though we have different views, at least we iron things out as much as we can. That's why I go looking for him on threads while I "run" away from you tongue tongue embarassed grin
Re: D by KingEbukaNaija: 6:17pm On Nov 27, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Portal well this is new

I have said that numerous times . This is why I told you guys to read , ask questions , make researches , grow in knowledge . Stop the illusory superiority and stop embarrassing yourselves .
Re: D by Nobody: 6:18pm On Nov 27, 2016
LaClicKLaBenDin:

Regardless of the religious intonation to the two stories, they're all right judging by the context of the era that these events took place, and you're intelligent enough to know that. Back then, it was basically survival of the strongest kingdom. How did the Roman empire become that big and extensive, wasn't it through conquest?
Ahh not quite.
The Chinese were mortal men and there God isn't supposed to be all loving or even existent.

Joshua on the other hand was advised by an all loving unchangeable God, and to you this God is very real.
So why would an intelligent and loving God sponsor genocide?
You can't blame it on the time as God is timeless and know all.
Re: D by jonbellion(m): 6:18pm On Nov 27, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

You do realise this flagrant show of impiety is against Nairaland's rules . If you won't refrain from disrespecting people's beliefs I'll ignore you . By the way what do you care .

Chaiiii!!!!!!!!!
See cognitive dissonance oooooooo
What is this star trek?? grin cheesy

4 Likes

Re: D by KingEbukaNaija: 6:19pm On Nov 27, 2016
jonbellion:

Chaiiii!!!!!!!!!

ok
Re: D by Nobody: 6:23pm On Nov 27, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

I don't see your point bro . I just told you that misconceptions can lead to questioning the bible . When you question something , it means you have doubts , you are skeptical .

misconception
a view or opinion that is incorrect because based on faulty thinking or understanding.

An example of a misconception in the bible is the location of Heaven . Some Christians believe that heaven is in the sky or that God lives in the sky . Such misconception can lead to doubts . The truth is that God dwells in an immaterial transcendent realm .

Joshua had the jurisdiction from God to execute
The bolded is the main point and shows why religion is bad.
You jiwt said genocide is good because God commanded it. In your case immorality isn't defined as what causes harm to other humans or the society, its considered anything God says it is.
By this standard there is nothing wrong with human slavery, but premarital sex is bad.

Flawed morals.
Re: D by 4kings: 6:24pm On Nov 27, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Smart, you are using "portal", because u know nothing is in the sky.
So what was the purpose of the tower of babel, metaphor? cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: D by jonbellion(m): 6:25pm On Nov 27, 2016

1 Like

Re: D by jonbellion(m): 6:26pm On Nov 27, 2016
4kings:

dude the thing just left me dumbfounded

1 Like

Re: D by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 6:27pm On Nov 27, 2016
Lennycool:

Ahh not quite.
The Chinese were mortal men and there God isn't supposed to be all loving or even existent.

Joshua on the other hand was advised by an all loving unchangeable God, and to you this God is very real.
So why would an intelligent and loving God sponsor genocide?
You can't blame it on the time as God is timeless and know all.

This actually got me laughing....

One, you don't believe in God or the Bible, so, how do I start explaining the workings of this God to you? Just how? And what will be the objective; to make you believe in him, the Bible, or change your views about religion?

God works and walks with man according to the times. In the garden of Eden when man fell, and realised he was naked, God made clothe of skins for them. Now, if God were to make clothes or provide clothes for me, do you think He will use animal skins in this present age and time? Of course He'd provide Jean and Segreto Shirts... grin grin

I still maintain my stand that judging from the context of the times and era, those two stories are normal.
Re: D by Nobody: 6:28pm On Nov 27, 2016
jonbellion:

Chaiiii!!!!!!!!!
grin grin grin grin
Ebuka go kill person
Portal ke
What next warp drives?

3 Likes

Re: D by EyeHateGod: 6:29pm On Nov 27, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

I have said that numerous times . This is why I told you guys to read , ask questions , make researches , grow in knowledge . Stop the illusory superiority and stop embarrassing yourselves .
Please show me where in the Bible you saw this portal..

3 Likes

Re: D by KingEbukaNaija: 6:35pm On Nov 27, 2016
4kings:

Same thing with the Towel of Babel , men hankered godhood and tried to access a portal to heaven .

A portal is the only logical explanation . Because through portals , you can access dimensions , different planes , different locations in the universe ... and outside the universe .
Re: D by EyeHateGod: 6:36pm On Nov 27, 2016
LaClicKLaBenDin:

Really? When a conversation makes no sense, I end it. Can't you see we're not talking on the same frequency? I say one thing and you're saying something unrelated... it's tiring bro. I dont know if you understand me, it's tiring.

You are the One dissociating yourself from the main point not me but of course you are free to Run am i holding you?

That's why I love talking to Lennycool anytime, even though we have different views, at least we iron things out as much as we can. That's why I go looking for him on threads while I "run" away from you tongue tongue embarassed grin
Isn't this suppose to be none of my business?
Re: D by EyeHateGod: 6:38pm On Nov 27, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Same thing with the Towel of Babel , men hankered godhood and tried to access a portal to heaven .

A portal is the only logical explanation . Because through portals , you can access dimensions , different planes , different locations in the universe ... and outside the universe .
So you need to climb ladder b4 you see portal? Wow shocked

1 Like

Re: D by KingEbukaNaija: 6:39pm On Nov 27, 2016
EyeHateGod:

So you need to climb ladder b4 you see portal? Wow shocked

Its high time you kept quiet
Re: D by Nobody: 6:41pm On Nov 27, 2016
LaClicKLaBenDin:

This actually got me laughing....

One, you don't believe in God or the Bible, so, how do I start explaining the workings of this God to you? Just how? And what will be the objective; to make you believe in him, the Bible, or change your views about religion?
My guy I once believed in God. All this your excuses are things I would have once made myself.

God works and walks with man according to the times. In the garden of Eden when man fell, and realised he was naked, God made clothe of skins for them. Now, if God were to make clothes or provide clothes for me, do you think He will use animal skins in this present age and time? Of course He'd provide Jean and Segreto Shirts... grin grin
First of all working in the times doesn't make him all loving or even good.
From the flood to the Egyptian infanticide God has proven he is anything but all loving
And God is a respecter of no man, he doesn't work in their he creates his own standards. If he didn't then he wouldn't have made any laws.

I still maintain my stand that judging from the context of the times and era, those two stories are normal.
Again God is not a respecter of man. He is timeless, and no matter what time it was, killing innocent people and even children can never be considered good.
I hope one day you'll see how flawed the bible really is. Like I did.

1 Like

Re: D by EyeHateGod: 6:42pm On Nov 27, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Its high time you kept quiet
It's high time you should be ashamed of the rubbish you put on here...

3 Likes

Re: D by jonbellion(m): 6:43pm On Nov 27, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Please show me where in the Bible you saw this portal..
space chronicles chapter 22:14
And whence jesus hath ascendeth up into the clouds. He brought out his space transmittor and called upon the starship USS enterprise
"captain kirk I calleth upon you!!!"
Openeth thy portal so I can escape this dimention and also before George Lucas and the star wars crew catches up because I prefereth star trek" grin

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: D by KingEbukaNaija: 6:43pm On Nov 27, 2016
EyeHateGod:

It's high time you should be ashamed of the rubbish you put on here...

hokay
Re: D by KingEbukaNaija: 6:47pm On Nov 27, 2016
jonbellion:
And whence jesus hath ascendeth up into the clouds. He brought out his space transmittor and called upon the starship USS enterprise
Openeth thy portal so I can escape this dimention and also before George Lucas and the star wars crew catches up because I prefereth star trek" grin

Funny enough , the bible stories precede star wars film series . But its fallacious to claim that the idea must have been copied from the bible since the bible came before it .
Re: D by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 6:48pm On Nov 27, 2016
Lennycool:

My guy I once believed in God. All this your excuses are things I would have once made myself.

First of all working in the times doesn't make him all loving or even good.
From the flood to the Egyptian infanticide God has proven he is anything but all loving
And God is a respecter of no man, he doesn't work in their he creates his own standards. If he didn't then he wouldn't have made any laws.

Again God is not a respecter of man. He is timeless, and no matter what time it was, killing innocent people and even children can never be considered good.
I hope one day you'll see how flawed the bible really is. Like I did.

Brother, I didn't know what informed your decision to give up on God, but regardless of what it is, just always know that God is God, and God is love. I don't know if you felt let down or something, but it doesn't change the fact that good is good and all He does is done in righteousness.

The Bible isn't flawed, the Bible is a spiritual book that needs a spiritual understanding; it is not just like every book.

From what you said above, I feel more like you believe that He is God, just that you don't see Him as being a loving God, am I correct?
Re: D by Nobody: 6:49pm On Nov 27, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Accessing a portal through a tower?
You have killed me
grin grin

4 Likes

Re: D by EyeHateGod: 6:49pm On Nov 27, 2016
jonbellion:
grin He is going to come back with Space Ship and not Flying Horse..

2 Likes

Re: D by jonbellion(m): 6:52pm On Nov 27, 2016
Apoeremtly Yuri Gagarin, Neil Armstrong, buzz aldrin and the rest of the Apollo 11 crew didn't notice this "portal"

2 Likes

Re: D by Nobody: 6:53pm On Nov 27, 2016
jonbellion:

grin grin grin grin
You killed it
Jesus left earth to join the uss enterprise.
Lmao
Maybe he went to die for a new specie.
You know the guy is immortal na
grin

1 Like

Re: D by KingEbukaNaija: 6:55pm On Nov 27, 2016
Lennycool:

Accessing a portal through a tower?
You have killed me
grin grin

Christ ascended into the portal right ? That's flight

Those men during the antediluvian period could not have had any flying machines or power to ascend into Heaven to access this portal , so they built a tower .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Must Read: Olodumare (GOD) In Yoruba Ifa And Orisha Is Monotheistic / CCC..... Celestial Church Of Christ (oil And Soap Bath) / Logicboy Meets Anony Again! Philosophy Vs Naturalism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.