Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,099 members, 7,814,862 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

D - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / D (13576 Views)

The More Intelligent A Child Is,the More Likely It'll Abandon Religion-newstudy / What If Your Religion Is Wrong,how Would You Know / Why Religion Is Still A Necessity In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: D by EyeHateGod: 4:38pm On Nov 27, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

They are very sad lonely people , so whenever they need attention they concoct stories , lie , deceive and bring up old rehashed arguments . grin grin
Because all Christians are Happy people? Why m o even replying this Ignorance Self?

1 Like

Re: D by Splinz(m): 4:40pm On Nov 27, 2016
Lennycool:

You're doing the same thing you accused me of.
All the stories of the bible combined still makes for a barbaric tale.
The good parts dont make up for the bad

Says a pathetic ignoramus.
Re: D by KingEbukaNaija: 4:41pm On Nov 27, 2016
EyeHateGod:

When someone Question Religion what does it Result to? Why do u need blind faith?

Those who question religious beliefs are called Religious Skeptics not atheists . You can acknowledge God and question religion . And there are atheists in Religion , these atheists have religious beliefs - Buddhism , Confucianism , Jainism ,Unitarian Universalism etc . Do you see why I always call you atheists ignorant .

Tomorrow this exact same thing will still be repeated . Too many ignorant atheists on this forum lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

I don't have or need blind faith . I acknowledge the existence of God based on Reason , Nature and Science . You atheists are the ignorant ones who need blind faith .

1 Like

Re: D by Nobody: 4:43pm On Nov 27, 2016
LaClicKLaBenDin:

Are you concerned about their bias or are you concerned about their morals? Which does the Bible emphasize more on; is it moral uprightness or having a bias against people who are against God?

Why do you think tales of a war which happened thousands of years ago, as narrated in the Bible, will do more harm to our children, than the other religion that is actively committing these barbaric acts even to this day?

How many times this have people been murdered in the name of a particular religion and because of blasphemy? This is just this year. What about the recent beheading incidence?

Where have you heard that Christians kill people for any kind of reason?

I think this thread should be addressing another religion which has a track record of barbaric acts capable of eroding away the moral fabrics of our children.
I guess the other religion you're taking about is Islam. Well it's an Abrahamic religion so it still has roots in the old testament. This is for all religion that encourages children to not question what they are taught, to blindly accept anything everything about their religion.
You say its not relevant today, especially for Christianity, but you're wrong, it warps morals, when we start basing our morals on only what's taught in the bible, it always ends badly.
Re: D by Nobody: 4:47pm On Nov 27, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

This is most ignorant comment ever on Nairaland , extremely stupid claim to make

Who told you I blindly accepted Christianity ? Can you provide proof that I was born a Christian ? Do you know if my parents were Christians ?
Do you want to lie now?
Do you want to deny Christianity?
I concluded you were born a christian since a large proportion of christians were born to christian parents or a society with large christian population.
If my conjecture is wrong please correct me.
Re: D by jonbellion(m): 4:49pm On Nov 27, 2016
The Jewish God and the christian God aren't the same deities
Christianity is a pathetic excuse to join the two gods together it's almost asif like the glue was seminal fluid or something undecided
With nonsense like
-vaguely fulfilled prophecies about jesus' birth as a sorry attempt to fufill the messianic prophecies in the old testament(which was fulfilled on a percentage scale of zero)
and absolute rubbish like the trinity
That's why the Jews rejected jesus' carpenter ass
This then makes up the Judeo Christian God

3 Likes

Re: D by KingEbukaNaija: 4:52pm On Nov 27, 2016
jonbellion:
Christianity is a pathetic excuse to join the two gods together it's almost asif like the glue was seminal fluid or something undecided
With nonsense like
-vaguely fulfilled prophecies about jesus' birth as a sorry attempt to fufill the messianic prophecies in the old testament(which was fulfilled on a percentage scale of zero)

Wow . You guys really enjoy embarrassing yourselves . Watch youtube videos , read good books understand the whole concept , ask questions . Learn to comprehend . Haba . Its not that difficult . I know you atheists dont have the brains but at least try
Re: D by Nobody: 4:52pm On Nov 27, 2016
Splinz:

Says a pathetic ignoramus.
Ad hominem
Why am I not surprised. Its the tactic used by those at their wit ends.
Re: D by EyeHateGod: 4:52pm On Nov 27, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Those who question religious beliefs are called Religious Skeptics not atheists . You can acknowledge God and question religion . And there are atheists in Religion , these atheists have religious beliefs - Buddhism , Confucianism , Jainism ,Unitarian Universalism etc . Do you see why I always call you atheists ignorant .

All this religion u mention don't believe in God so what is Your Point?

You can Acknowledge God please Which God? Zeus? Yahweh?

Tomorrow this exact same thing will still be repeated . Too many ignorant atheists on this forum lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

I don't have or need blind faith . I acknowledge the existence of God based on Reason , Nature and Science . You atheists are the ignorant ones who need blind faith .
Is it because u are ignorant u are getting angry over your ignorance?

Can you Prove God(Yahweh) Exist?

1 Like

Re: D by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 4:53pm On Nov 27, 2016
Lennycool:

I guess the other religion you're taking about is Islam. Well it's an Abrahamic religion so it still has roots in the old testament. This is for all religion that encourages children to not question what they are taught, to blindly accept anything everything about their religion.
You say its not relevant today, especially for Christianity, but you're wrong, it warps morals, when we start basing our morals on only what's taught in the bible, it always ends badly.

First of all, Islam is not an Abrahamic religion, Islam wasn't even in existence in the days of Jesus. Islam is a creation of people who wanted to eradicate true Christianity..(do your research on this)

Secondly, I really do not understand why you brought up the issue of 'barbaric' acts, and yet trying to make excuse for Islam which till today is engaged in barbaric acts capable of making the morals of our children warped.

You have forgotten that in that era associated with the Bible passage you quoted, was an era of wars and conquest (I am sure you know this), and secondly, that was also the era of Judaism.

From Matthew to Revelation, which ushered in modern day Christianity, I am sure you won't find any incident of what you the book of Joshua described. Please tell me anywhere in the Bible from Matthew to Revelation that depicts any type of barbaric act, capable of warping the morals of our children?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: D by EyeHateGod: 4:54pm On Nov 27, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Wow . You guys really enjoy embarrassing yourselves . Watch youtube videos , read good books understand the whole concept , ask questions . Learn to comprehend . Haba . Its not that difficult . I know you atheists dont have the brains but at least try
EyeHateGod:

Is it not the same Yahweh or does the God the Christian worship different from Yahweh?
Re: D by Nobody: 4:57pm On Nov 27, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

No one is talking about the existence of God.
Or atheism

Are you trying to suggest the Bible is not the completely correct? Or that God isn't always right?
Because that's what you do when you question his word.

Either the bible is wrong or God is.
Glad you're catching up ebuka.
Re: D by bennyann: 4:57pm On Nov 27, 2016
jonbellion:
With nonsense like

Heiiiiiiiiii! Dear jonbellion, you Sabi disturb ehn lipsrsealed

Can't you try commenting without using ugly words, curse words and the rest? . Na wa for you oooo
Re: D by jonbellion(m): 4:58pm On Nov 27, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

watch videos on what
Don't have sense uyer??
Be there waiting for a Jewish carpenter to take you African ass to an wonderful utopia of eternal ass kissing and woodwork

3 Likes

Re: D by EyeHateGod: 5:00pm On Nov 27, 2016
LaClicKLaBenDin:

The problem I have with issues like this is when you ignore my questions and expect me to answer yours...

Answer those questions, and ask me yours, I will do well to answer.

NB: when you say Christians have killed many, please specify.
U ignored my second point and answered the first one and expect me to reply u respectfully? ...this is Hypocrisy

How many Nigeria pastor av been responsible for Witch being killed in Nigeria? Or are u going to say they are not Christian also?
Re: D by uvalued(m): 5:02pm On Nov 27, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

For the umpteenth time , this is Judaism - Jewish culture , tradition , religion . This was their culture practiced thousands of years ago , it is now old fashioned and don't apply to Modern day Christians .
Re: D by EyeHateGod: 5:03pm On Nov 27, 2016
LaClicKLaBenDin:

First of all, Islam is not an Abrahamic religion, Islam wasn't even in existence in the days of Jesus. Islam is a creation of people who wanted to eradicate true Christianity..(do your research on this)
Islam is An Abrahmic Religion a simple Wiki confirm this!

2 Likes

Re: D by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 5:03pm On Nov 27, 2016
EyeHateGod:

U ignored my second point and answered the first one and expect me to reply u respectfully? ...this is Hypocrisy

How many Nigeria pastor av been responsible for Witch being killed in Nigeria? Or are u going to say they are not Christian also?

Which was the one I ignored, point me to it, please.
Re: D by EyeHateGod: 5:05pm On Nov 27, 2016
LaClicKLaBenDin:

Which was the one I ignored, point me to it, please.
I already point them out to you...
EyeHateGod:

The other part talks about killing them is it Good?

I don't know what you mean by this it talks about seeing the unclothedness of ur siblings so we should kill them?
And by the way wasn't the world populated by insist Twice in ur Bible Myth?

Christians have killed millions of children men and women acussing them of being witch without empirical proof basically millions of innocent life have been killed by Christians including women and Children..
Would you say that killing them is what you'll encourage ur children to do how does that different from Islam? Not saying Christianity wasn't like Islam.. it was called the dark Ages
Re: D by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 5:06pm On Nov 27, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Islam is An Abrahmic Religion a simple Wiki confirm this!

Wiki, really? I actually thought you atheists are widely read. Please tell me what wiki says about Islam being an Abrahamic religion.
Re: D by KingEbukaNaija: 5:06pm On Nov 27, 2016
Lennycool:

No one is talking about the existence of God.
Or atheism

LonelyAssDude asked : "Someone Question[s] Religion what does it Result to?" And that was my response .

Are you trying to suggest the Bible is not the completely correct? Or that God isn't always right?
Because that's what you do when you question his word.Either the bible is wrong or God is.

Misconceptions can lead to someone questioning the bible.

Glad you're catching up ebuka.

More like you are lagging behind
Re: D by jonbellion(m): 5:06pm On Nov 27, 2016
Re: D by jonbellion(m): 5:07pm On Nov 27, 2016
LaClickLaBenDin Islam is an Abrahamic religion
Christianity and Islam both rose from Judaism
So they are the three Abrahamic Religions

2 Likes

Re: D by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 5:08pm On Nov 27, 2016
jonbellion:
LaClickLaBenDin Islam is an Abrahamic religion
Christianity and Islam both rose from Judaism
So they are the three Abrahamic Religions

That's very erroneous, bro.
You don't know the "REAL" origin of Islam.
Re: D by EyeHateGod: 5:09pm On Nov 27, 2016
LaClicKLaBenDin:

Wiki, really? I actually thought you atheists are widely read. Please tell me what wiki says about Islam being an Abrahamic religion.
Didn't Abraham have Two sons are you going to deny this to?

Wiki Also confirms Christianity to be an Abrahmic religion are u also going to deny that to because it's from wiki

I only gave u wiki cause thats where you can get basic info from if u think it's incorrect go and correct it!
Re: D by jonbellion(m): 5:09pm On Nov 27, 2016
Christianity is the weirdo of the pack
Given the fact they turned a man like themselves into a god

1 Like

Re: D by EyeHateGod: 5:11pm On Nov 27, 2016
LaClicKLaBenDin:

U Also don't know the real origin of Christianity... But of course you can apply skeptism to other religion but not Your own? Hypocrite!!

3 Likes

Re: D by jonbellion(m): 5:12pm On Nov 27, 2016
LaClicKLaBenDin:

*facepalm*

1 Like

Re: D by EyeHateGod: 5:13pm On Nov 27, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

LonelyAssDude asked : "Someone Question[s] Religion what does it Result to?" And that was my response.
Lol this just shows he dumb you are..that was your response how does it make sense? grin

1 Like

Re: D by Splinz(m): 5:14pm On Nov 27, 2016
Lennycool:

Ad hominem
Why am I not surprised. Its the tactic used by those at their wit ends.

I can't possibly waste my precious time with your bunches of nonsense.

It's not just worth it!
Re: D by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 5:14pm On Nov 27, 2016
EyeHateGod:

I already point them out to you...

Seeing the "unclotheness" in that context means sexual relations. When a lady says "you can never see my unclothedness', what does that mean?

Please, I haven't seen where any Christian killed a witch and if you have evidence of such, please bring it here. The gospel of Jesus Christ is the gospel of peace. The Bible says that "it is not the will of God that any should perish, but that ALL may come to repentance. Any pastor who kills a witch should be arrested and tried for murder, it is that simple.

1 Like

Re: D by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 5:17pm On Nov 27, 2016
jonbellion:
*facepalm*

From your comments about Islam, it shows how widely you're read, so, please let's not go there. If wiki is your biggest authority when it comes to history, then I am truly sorry for you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of GOD (Very Powerful) / Happy 50th Birthday To Pastor Sam Adeyemi / Must Read: Olodumare (GOD) In Yoruba Ifa And Orisha Is Monotheistic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.