Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,114 members, 7,953,414 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:47 PM

Love Really Is Strange - Literature (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Love Really Is Strange (110249 Views)

15 Strange And Scary Facts About Death You Probably Didn't Know / The Strange Woman In My Matrimonial Bed / Nairaland Book Of The Month- Strange Encounters By Akposb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Love Really Is Strange by Tehmietee(f): 10:08am On May 20, 2017
Lovin dis! Xo gud at wat u do
Re: Love Really Is Strange by Lilyjoe567(f): 10:14am On May 20, 2017
Tehmietee:
Lovin dis! Xo gud at wat u do

Thank you
Re: Love Really Is Strange by Lilyjoe567(f): 12:53pm On May 20, 2017
We pulled away from each to catch our breaths. I caught the glint in his eyes, and I could swear mine matches his excitement too. But then his facials changed

“I mean it Lizzy”, he said cupping my face in his hands. “You're going to tell me everything that goes on with on. I want to know why you're sad, and I wanna put a smile on your face always if I can,he smirked and I smiled, leaning my mouth in for a kiss. He smiled and planted a passionate kiss on my lips, unlike the first which was intense. This one was slow, passionate, and I couldn't help but smile in his lips

“Awwwwwwww” we heard a voice and we jerked away, and our heads whipped to where it came from

“What the héll Mimi?” I cursed, hiding my now burning cheeks in my palm from the embarrassment I was feeling

“Oh, no need to be embarrassed, that was beautiful” she smiled. I turned to Evans, and he had a smirk on,not helping my case at all

“What are you guys doing here” I finally asked, dropping my hands from my face

“Henry called me” she replied, turning to Henry who had a smile on

“Good job bro” he bro-hugged Evans, pulling apart “Can't believe you did it” he said, patting his back

“Can't believe you guys were watching”, Evans frowned at him

“I had to” you guys weren't exactly quiet, and people were beginning to complain. Plus you punched my wall” he turned to look at the wall, but there wasn't any sign that said it was punched, but I'm pretty sure, Evans' knuckles would be throbbing, although he's not showing it

“Sorry bro” Evans smirked

“Wait a minute” I broke their bonding. “You knew he didn't forget me?” I turned to Henry, a frown now on my face

“Of course, he can't keep it away from me even if he tried. Plus he needed my help with the plan. My mouth swung open

“I cant believe This. So you knew all these while?” Henry nodded. “Did you know too? I turned to Mimi and she squirmed, immediately my gaze landed on her, answering my question without she saying it aloud

“Oh my God Mimi” I breathed out

“In my defence, I didn't know at first, they only told me so I can play along, so you would believe it” she said,hiding a bit at Henry's back, like she's hiding from my glare

“I cannot believe you all connived to do that to me. I thought I was going to loose my mind” I spat angrily, but Mimi left Henry's side to come hold my hands, ignoring my glare

“Liz” she called “Although I wasn't in support at first, I thought about it and had to agree with Evans. He loves you, and you not opening up to us is wrong. We're family, we're going to be here for you no matter what, and hate to see you suffer alone. You can't keep hiding things from us. That's why I agreed to it. It was a way to show you your error. I'm sorry we did it, but it was the only way. Plus I didn't think he could do it” she glanced at Evans, before turning back to me
“He was miserable through it all, he just puts up a front in when he sees you. You should see him when he's alone, or with us

“Hey....” Evans tried to say something but was cut off my Henry

“She's right bro, you were a dead man walking” Henry added and both him and Mimi started laughing, and I joined them

“I love you too” I went and pecked him in the lips, turning his frown upside down

“Can't wait to tell the others” Mimi clasped her hands together in excitement

Eight months later

“Hi mom” I hugged and greeted her, as soon as she entered

She got another job as a nurse, since she loved being one, and went to meet her old friends at her former workplace. They couldn't believe she was alive, and we're all happy to see her, though she was no longer with them. The hospital wrote a good recommendation for her because of her diligence while working with them, and she couldn't be happier going back to working. And this time, her family accepted her choice to be in Nigeria, and also sent their apologies to me. I just couldn't be happier I have her once again, although we still avoided the topic of my father

“Hi sweetie” she responded, hugging me back.

“Hi Evans” she hugged him, and he did also, patting at her back before pulling away to stand beside me and planted a kiss on my temple. I didn't miss the smile on my mom's face and it made my stomach flutter, cause she accepted him like the rest of the family did. They are already taking him as a son-in-law, which was ridiculous, because we haven't thought about that. We're just enjoying each others company for now

“Alright alright, she's coming” Michael yelled from the front door, and everyone went to their rehearsed settings

“She walked through the front door, and Steven's (Mimi's older brother) adorable twin girls sprang up from their seat giggling, and held out the banner which read “Will you be the mother of my kids?” and then Henry came to kneel, (one knee to the ground and one bent) in front of her, pulling out a red velvet box, opened it, and in it was was a diamond engagement ring.

“Will you marry me?” he asked and her hands flung to her mouth, unable to hide the excitement. She turned to us all, and we all had expectant grin on our faces, before she turned back to him and nodded “Yes”.

He slid the ring on her finger, and pulled her in for a hug. There were cheers and hugs all around. Mimi's mom wiped, her tear of joy and hugged her daughter, and pulled me in also to the hug. She let go, and her gaze went to a smirking Michael at our back, and immediately her smile fell, and we knew why

“When will you marry?” we all chorused laughing

“Soon ladies, soon” he replied smiling

“Hi” I greeted Evans, though the congratulations were still going on, and he pulled to a side, as we watched the happy couple

“Hi” he smiled, planting a kiss on my lips, before pulling away, a smile tugging on his lips

“They look perfect together” I Mused, he nodded in agreement, and as if knowing we were talking about them, the couple turned and waved at us smiling before turning back to my mom

“But he had to go over the top?” I turned to ask Evans

“Yea, he wanted the whole family around” he replied

“You're not going to do this” I gestured to the crowd “Right?”

“Nah, it's overrated. Plus I don't know if you've noticed but we're not a normal couple” he smiled at me

“Yea” I smiled, snaking my arms round his torso “Our love is strange” You had cancer, and then a crazy ex-girlfriend. Then I had a psycho ex fiancée, got abducted, and saved by my new friend who is now in prison. And all because we were in love. And we broke up twice and still found a way to each other

“I hear third times a charm” he pressed his lips on mine

“I agree” I smiled, and rested my face on his chest and pressed my ears to his chest, as I hear the gentle beats of his heart, it made me smile, cause it was music to my ear. I like this right here, all the people I care about healthy and happy. I couldn't have asked for better

***THE END***

8 Likes

Re: Love Really Is Strange by Lilyjoe567(f): 1:02pm On May 20, 2017
The last chapter was so corny, but don't blame me. I'm a sucker for love

So, it's the end guys, love all my readers, you guys are all amazing. I'm just so happy I actually finished this, still can't believe it. So glad you guys made me finish it. Thank you all

And here's a secret, this story was supposed to be one crazy story, cause I didn't know what I was doing. Just had an idea for the beginning and the end, everything in between just comes to me when I start typing. Really crazy

And lastly, there'll be an epilogue, not sure when, but pretty soon.

That been said, *Bows dramatically

This was fun

15 Likes

Re: Love Really Is Strange by crislyn(f): 1:09pm On May 20, 2017
Lilyjoe567:

The last chapter was so corny, but don't blame me. I'm a sucker for love

So, it's the end guys, love all my readers, you guys are all amazing. I'm just so happy I actually finished this, still can't believe it. So glad you guys made me finish it. Thank you all

And here's a secret, this story was supposed to be one crazy story, cause I didn't know what I was doing. Just had an idea for the beginning and the end, everything in between just comes to me when I start typing. Really crazy

And lastly, there'll be an epilogue, not sure when, but pretty soon.

That been said, *Bows dramatically

This was fun

Awww my darling..that was a great ending. I Love you, so can we go back to C &C?

Re: Love Really Is Strange by Lilyjoe567(f): 1:16pm On May 20, 2017
Lol @Crislyn

Thanks so much. And yea, I'm gonna go back to C&C

1 Like

Re: Love Really Is Strange by EvaJael(f): 1:40pm On May 20, 2017
Awwww...it's finally the end. I love you darling, you're just the best. May your pen continue to flourish and lift you to greater heights

1 Like

Re: Love Really Is Strange by Electra52(f): 1:51pm On May 20, 2017
Awwwwwwwwwwwn Lily baby... U'r simply the best... You did great girl... More grease to your elbow....

We love uuuuuu

1 Like

Re: Love Really Is Strange by Nobody: 2:16pm On May 20, 2017
Awwww thanks Lily for a wonderful ending.

1 Like

Re: Love Really Is Strange by Lilyjoe567(f): 2:23pm On May 20, 2017
EvaJael:
Awwww...it's finally the end. I love you darling, you're just the best. May your pen continue to flourish and lift you to greater heights

Thanks sweetie, love you too.
And now that I'm done, Oya, your story, I'll start begging for updates more o
Re: Love Really Is Strange by Lilyjoe567(f): 2:24pm On May 20, 2017
Electra52:
Awwwwwwwwwwwn Lily baby... U'r simply the best... You did great girl... More grease to your elbow....

We love uuuuuu

Thanks, love y'all too
Re: Love Really Is Strange by Lilyjoe567(f): 2:24pm On May 20, 2017
Ayoomolabake:
Awwww thanks Lily for a wonderful ending.

Uwc
Re: Love Really Is Strange by LauretteB: 2:56pm On May 20, 2017
This one everybody is awwwwwning grin

Lemme awwwwn my own too grin

Thanks Lily darling. I hope they get married with triplets in the epilogue cheesy

1 Like

Re: Love Really Is Strange by yeeshanana(f): 3:13pm On May 20, 2017
Awwwwwn....I love stories with happy ending. God bless u ma'am

1 Like

Re: Love Really Is Strange by EvaJael(f): 3:24pm On May 20, 2017
Lilyjoe567:

Thanks sweetie, love you too.
And now that I'm done, Oya, your story, I'll start begging for updates more o
Hahahahah...no problem ma'am. At your service

1 Like

Re: Love Really Is Strange by Toyin223(f): 3:39pm On May 20, 2017
Thanu U God Bless U

1 Like

Re: Love Really Is Strange by rayos: 4:35pm On May 20, 2017
Awwwwww, Nice. Me like it....
Thanks dear, you've done well. More grease and more grace to your elbow....Cheersssss grin

1 Like

Re: Love Really Is Strange by remiseyi(m): 6:48pm On May 20, 2017
Good job... Bless you

2 Likes

Re: Love Really Is Strange by splendidiva(f): 8:43pm On May 20, 2017
super writer super story t WS grt hving D's ride wit u I wish u mention me n ur epilogue plsssss.

1 Like

Re: Love Really Is Strange by princessadeola(f): 9:23pm On May 20, 2017
Nice Ending

1 Like

Re: Love Really Is Strange by Eniqurl(f): 9:24pm On May 20, 2017
Awwwnnnnn... So sweet!

2 Likes

Re: Love Really Is Strange by Lilyjoe567(f): 9:31pm On May 20, 2017
splendidiva:
super writer super story t WS grt hving D's ride wit u I wish u mention me n ur epilogue plsssss.

I promise, I will

1 Like

Re: Love Really Is Strange by MhizDherbee(f): 12:19am On May 21, 2017
I love you!!! kiss

1 Like

Re: Love Really Is Strange by Cremebelle: 12:22am On May 21, 2017
wink wink..So I'm out of my Shell to say THIS IS AWESOME. I must confess your are a good writer I was never bored at work this week and imagine I almost got a query sef... Lol.. More grease to your elbow

1 Like

Re: Love Really Is Strange by rachealfst(f): 12:59pm On May 21, 2017
Finally!! i got to the current page. My sister please pardon me o, I'm sure you understand.

Wow!!! Their love is really strange, God they went through a lot.

Communication is very important in every relationship, i just wonder why some people choose to bottle up their pains instead of letting it out, claiming we are protecting our loved ones, but I'm glad they had their happy ending.

Great story Lily, may God increase your wisdom, may your source(s) of inspiration never runs dry in Jesus name. Well done, God bless!

1 Like

Re: Love Really Is Strange by BlissfulJeff(m): 1:12pm On May 21, 2017
wow,beautiful story with a beautiful ending.weldone dear.more ink to ur pen

1 Like

Re: Love Really Is Strange by kevwe10(f): 1:18pm On May 21, 2017
At last Godwin,three gbosa for u,nice ending

1 Like

Re: Love Really Is Strange by Lilyjoe567(f): 1:48pm On May 21, 2017
Cremebelle:
wink wink..So I'm out of my Shell to say THIS IS AWESOME. I must confess your are a good writer I was never bored at work this week and imagine I almost got a query sef... Lol.. More grease to your elbow

Thanks for reading, I'm glad you enjoyed it

And that God you didn't get the query
Re: Love Really Is Strange by Lilyjoe567(f): 1:57pm On May 21, 2017
rachealfst:
Finally!! i got to the current page. My sister please pardon me o, I'm sure you understand.

Wow!!! Their love is really strange, God they went through a lot.

Communication is very important in every relationship, i just wonder why some people choose to bottle up their pains instead of letting it out, claiming we are protecting our loved ones, but I'm glad they had their happy ending.

Great story Lily, may God increase your wisdom, may your source(s) of inspiration never runs dry in Jesus name. Well done, God bless!

Thanks sis, I understand....

And the whole communication thing was really a problem. It's something the character Lizzy and I have in common. Though I working on it, and there's progress

1 Like

Re: Love Really Is Strange by Alennsar(f): 2:10pm On May 21, 2017
dont hide your talen cos you can always do beta. welldone Lilyjoe567
Re: Love Really Is Strange by Lilyjoe567(f): 5:49pm On May 21, 2017
Alennsar:
dont hide your talen cos you can always do beta. welldone Lilyjoe567

Thank you
Re: Love Really Is Strange by wizsolzy(m): 7:49am On May 22, 2017
Nice story.. thank you

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

The Club a story - #nlwriters / The Village Girl / Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.