Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,286 members, 7,815,483 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues - Religion (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues (22793 Views)

20 Points From 1 Corinthians 14 About Speaking In Tongues In The Church / Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? / Daddy Freeze: "Speaking In Tongues In Nigerian Churches Is Fake” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by tintingz(m): 5:05pm On Dec 01, 2016
Pidgin2:

The way I pray in tongues sounds nothing like that dear, receive sense

Anas09:

Yes nah. Except you derf. Why wont you hear how you sound? You'll hear, but it seems someone else is using your voice to speak.
But speaking in tongue can't be learn but one can know/aware of what he-she is saying when the holy spirit took over. That's not close supernatural.

When you're possessed or enter the spirit realm you can't even know how "exactly" you sound like.
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Nobody: 5:18pm On Dec 01, 2016
tintingz:

But speaking in tongue can't be learn but one can know/aware of what he-she is saying when the holy spirit took over. That's not close supernatural.

When you're possessed or enter the spirit realm you can't even know how "exactly" you sound like.

Obviously you don't know the Holy Spirit. He is a gentle Spirit. He posses you but you don't lose the complete use of all your faculties like hearing and feeling. No one will tell you they cannot hear themselves while praying in the Spirit, He just posses your speech and speaks through you.

I don't expect you to understand this because you are a Muslim, where will I start from? Good luck

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by MrMontella(m): 5:46pm On Dec 01, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Writing styles like our handwritings are unique to a very large extent. I believe there was someone else using that monicker that day as some of the posts were very different from the norm. In fact it got me confused at a point.
some persons can be undetectable if they want to..
Ille est; Alter ego's
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Anas09: 10:14am On Dec 02, 2016
tintingz:

You are not making any sense. Hearing what you sound like and knowing what you are saying in tongues are not the same.

Good News Translation 1 Corinthians 14:14-15

For if I pray in this way, my spirit prays indeed, but my mind has no part in it. What should I do, then? I will pray with my spirit, but I will pray also with my mind; I will sing with my spirit, but I will sing also with my mind.

Wen you speak in tongues (Not in Other Tongues which are the tongues of men) You hear your own voice, but you do not know what you are talking about.

If you are aware and know what you saying sir, you are not speaking BY the Holy Ghost. Its faked.
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Ferruccio(m): 1:18pm On Dec 02, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
From my own experience, a person can decide not to fall down. I went to church for years without falling down. I only began to fall down when I started wanting to. I believe that I can resist whatever it is that makes people fall down if I so desire. How do you explain that?
Amusing.

Why have you now decided to fall down?

1 Like

Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Ranchhoddas: 12:39am On Dec 03, 2016
Ferruccio:
Amusing.

Why have you now decided to fall down?
I began to ask God for things and I thought perhaps that was a way to get them so I began to let go of my resistance. Alas...
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by oaroloye(m): 6:29pm On Dec 03, 2016
SHALOM!

naijadeyhia:
Seun do not come here and tell me abcnews is not a credible news source

Excuse me, but I think you are mistaken.

ABC is a major network.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ABC_News

I believe that whatever they broadcast is generally taken seriously.
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by oaroloye(m): 7:19pm On Dec 03, 2016
SHALOM!

naijadeyhia:
Seun recently pushed a thread to the front page which talks about speaking in tongues and he was busy criticizing it without actually researching it.

Well science is ahead of you on this issue and have actually carried out genuine research on this and this attached video shows you all you need to know.

Kindly watch it and then state your observation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZbQBajYnEc

Seun's Response 2 1

Mr. MARTIN BRASHEAR'S presentation was very interesting.

However, the study did not discover anything but the obvious: Speaking in Tongues is not driven by the same parts of the brain that ordinary language speaking is driven.

Those participating in this study were very foolish; they broke a Fundamental Commandment of God:

. EXODUS 15:23-26.

23. And when they came to Marah,
they could not drink of the waters of Marah,
for they were bitter:
therefore the name of it was called Marah.
24. And the people murmured against Moses, saying,
"What shall we drink?"
25 .And he cried unto the LORD;
and The LORD shewed him a tree,
which when he had cast into the waters,
the waters were made sweet:
there He made for them
a Statute and an Ordinance,
and there He proved them,
26. And said,
"If thou wilt diligently hearken
to The Voice of The LORD thy God,
and wilt do that which is Right in His Sight,
and wilt give ear to His Commandments,
and keep all His Statutes,
I will put none of these diseases upon thee,
which I have brought upon the Egyptians:
for I am The LORD that Healeth thee."

BESIDES TEMPTING THE WRATH OF GOD, THEY DEFIED A SERIOUS WARNING OF YAHSHUA:

. MATTHEW 7:6.

6. "Give not that which is holy unto the dogs,
neither cast ye your pearls before swine,
lest they trample them under their feet,
and turn again and rend you."

SCIENTIFIC INFORMATION ON HOLY SPIRIT GIFTS CAN AND WILL BE USED AGAINST CHRISTIANS.

A Jewish Doctor Lieberman was reported during the late 1970s to have developed a means to electronically differentiate between an ORDINARY SINNER, a BORN AGAIN CHRISTIAN, and a HOLY GHOST BAPTIZED Christian.

[HOW DID IT ALL BEGIN? by Harold Hill.]

At that time, CHRISTIANITY in ANY form was ILLEGAL in about HALF the Civilized World.

This was NO JOKE: you could be SHOT for carrying a BIBLE, or having one in your home, in Eastern Europe, the Soviet Union, and Asian countries.

If they decided to electronically vet people for THE RIGHT-TO-LIVE, it would be "GAME OVER" for Christians.

Most so-called "Full Gospel" Christians today seem to think that these things can never be applied to THEM.

That all the Christians being put to death in those-to-recent times were some sort of FOOLS (they were,) but that things will be different for them.

How can I say this with enough emphasis to make an impact?

They have now invented guns with smart bullets for silly soldiers. It is technologically feasible to shoot such a gun, with its bullets programmed to only hit CHRISTIAN Brains! When the lady said that she was "not using her brain while praying," I was like [FACEPALM!]

How else can we describe Full-Gospel Pentecostalism? Look at us?

Do I look like I use my brain?

Umm... look, I, like, forgot my point... maybe we can talk later?

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Aborisa:yoruba Religion / Kemi Olunloyo Begs For Forgiveness As She Testifies In Church (Video) / Will This My Act Of Good Lead Me To Hell?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.