Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,305 members, 7,815,551 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:24 PM

Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues (22796 Views)

20 Points From 1 Corinthians 14 About Speaking In Tongues In The Church / Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? / Daddy Freeze: "Speaking In Tongues In Nigerian Churches Is Fake” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by foladara777(m): 11:21am On Nov 29, 2016
naijadeyhia:

I am not desperate about anything unlike you who is desperate to "debunk" it. Your article has nothing to do with the video simple as ABC.

If you say it does then show me.
Really, nothing... The article was in response to the research about speaking in tongues, or u didn't read the analogy to eating ice creams??
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Nobody: 11:21am On Nov 29, 2016
foladara777:

Get banned really?? U are running for cover again!! When your friend mentioned some nonsense about a master, it was okay, now I exposed the hypocrisy and u are crying foul??

Was the comment directed at you? Why did it prick you in particular? Pls do not derail my thread. If you knew me i never run for cover from anyone least of all your likes.

Stick to the OP

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Nobody: 11:23am On Nov 29, 2016
foladara777:

Really, nothing... The article was in response to the research about speaking in tongues, or u didn't read the analogy to eating ice creams??

I think we are done here. We are talking about spiritual matters and you throw it in the same bowl as ice creams? Take your ice creams comparison to another thread pls.
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 11:23am On Nov 29, 2016
foladara777:

Support their master?? U sound like a kindergarten right now... U are d only one with a master, one that has been responsible for genocides and when we challenge you on that u run away... For example, your master sent two bears to kill 42 children because they laughed at a bald man but you ignore all that and claim God is good

Mr, you're way below my level, so, don't expect me to engage you.

I know your Master and you're all doing his bidding, albeit ignorantly.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 11:24am On Nov 29, 2016
@naijadeyhia, I told you they will derail this thread.

They know what they're doing.

1 Like

Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Nobody: 11:24am On Nov 29, 2016
LaClicKLaBenDin:

Its enough pls.
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by foladara777(m): 11:25am On Nov 29, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Was the comment directed at you? Why did it prick you in particular? Pls do not derail my thread. If you knew me i never run for cover from anyone least of all your likes.

Stick to the OP
Yes, it was. It was directed at perceived enemies of whatever gospel u are trying to spread... She implied that anyone who wanted to challenge the video was serving some master
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by jonbellion(m): 11:25am On Nov 29, 2016
LaClicKLaBenDin:

False Dichotomy Fallacy
When will you christians stop this
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by foladara777(m): 11:27am On Nov 29, 2016
LaClicKLaBenDin:

Is that your explanation... Your response to the point I made?? All these below my level talk doesn't get to me, u don't know me, we're practically strangers.... If u don't yet have a comeback, take your time and try to reason one out... It's not that difficult, trust me
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 11:29am On Nov 29, 2016
foladara777:

Is that your explanation... Your response to the point I made?? All these below my level talk doesn't get to me, u don't know me, we're practically strangers.... If u don't yet have a comeback, take your time and try to reason one out... It's not that difficult, trust me

This is hilarious, what sensible points did you raise that I will have to respond to?

1 Like

Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by hopefulLandlord: 11:31am On Nov 29, 2016
how can you quote someone then turn around and say the comment is not directed at the person? the same person you quoted? shocked
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by foladara777(m): 11:32am On Nov 29, 2016
LaClicKLaBenDin:

This is hilarious, what sensible points did you raise that I will have to respond to?

What about the little part about atrocities committed by your master??
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Ferruccio(m): 11:33am On Nov 29, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Just say you do not have data for videos
Lol, bruh.
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Nobody: 11:33am On Nov 29, 2016
foladara777:

Yes, it was. It was directed at perceived enemies of whatever gospel u are trying to spread... She implied that anyone who wanted to challenge the video was serving some master

I am not presenting "whatever gospel". I present only one gospel and which has withstood myriads of scrutiny for thousands of years and withstood the scrutiny found in the video contained in the OP.

Young man when you fail to understand a thing due to your not experiencing it its quite understandable. Armchair critics are who they are...simply armchair critics who never get up to do tangible research of their own but gloss through articles which match their reasoning without knowing how these researches were done or the leaning of the researcher.

I can see clearly through you young man and if i did not have a personal bonafide experience myself then i would be the first to disprove it. Perhaps you should try it sometime. You just gave an example using someone else in your church...why did you not use yourself as an example? Its simply because you have no personal experience/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by tintingz(m): 11:33am On Nov 29, 2016
naijadeyhia:

During the initiation of a Shaman, he/she often must learn a new language. It is a language of the spirits - sometimes a language of the earth's creatures. Especially common among the Northern Asian, and Arctic Shamans this secret language was also found among Shamans of Sumatra, Borneo, South America, North America, and Guiana

the difference here is that the language used by Shamans are taught and handed down from generation to generation. Speaking in tongues is not taught.
You didn't provide link to what you posted and it didn't stated they were taught, shamans are very spiritual people.

Let assume they were/are taught, are Christians not taught as well? The tongue are always sound the same.

"Rekebobo rasababa rokososaba shantalaba..."

2 Likes

Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Rilwayne001: 11:36am On Nov 29, 2016
tintingz:

Let assume they were/are taught, are Christians not taught as well? The tongue are always sound the same.

grin grin
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Nobody: 11:37am On Nov 29, 2016
tintingz:
You didn't provide link to what you posted and it didn't stated they were taught, shamans are very spiritual people.

Shamans are taught but the language of tongues is not. Genuine tongues is not taught. A lot go around trying to teach people how to speak in tongues but the Holy spirit is not in that.

If you think it can be taught and still have the holy spirits backing then your confusion can only be described as epic. Do you have a personal experience regarding speaking in tongues?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Emmanystone: 11:38am On Nov 29, 2016
jonbellion:
Thats all you can do?

1 Like

Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by jonbellion(m): 11:44am On Nov 29, 2016
Emmanystone:

Thats all you can do?
lol no
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by foladara777(m): 11:45am On Nov 29, 2016
naijadeyhia:

I am not presenting "whatever gospel". I present only one gospel and which has withstood myriads of scrutiny for thousands of years and withstood the scrutiny found in the video contained in the OP.

Young man when you fail to understand a thing due to your not experiencing it its quite understandable. Armchair critics are who they are...simply armchair critics who never get up to do tangible research of their own but gloss through articles which match their reasoning without knowing how these researches were done or the leaning of the researcher.

I can see clearly through you young man and if i did not have a personal bonafide experience myself then i would be the first to disprove it. Perhaps you should try it sometime. You just gave an example using someone else in your church...why did you not use yourself as an example? Its simply because you have no personal experience/
- u don't see anything. Don't assume. I speak in tongues too, I have literally fallen under the 'anointing' too but that's not enough proof that the holy spirit is responsible... I don't believe that an all powerful God requires people to fall and wound themselves or sometimes expose their underwear for an almighty being to impart them
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Nobody: 11:47am On Nov 29, 2016
foladara777:

- u don't see anything. Don't assume. I speak in tongues too, I have literally fallen under the 'anointing' too but that's not enough proof that the holy spirit is responsible... I don't believe that an all powerful God requires people to fall and wound themselves or sometimes expose their underwear for an almighty being to impart them

So who pushed you down when you fell? Was it aided or unaided and did you wound yourself when you did?

1 Like

Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by foladara777(m): 11:51am On Nov 29, 2016
naijadeyhia:

So who pushed you down when you fell? Was it aided or unaided and did you wound yourself when you did?
Oh it was unaided.. D man just blew air on my forehead and I was immediately unconscious... But is d only explanation for that the Holy spirit.. Come on, there's what's called hypnotism
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Nobody: 11:53am On Nov 29, 2016
foladara777:

Oh it was unaided.. D man just blew air on my forehead and I was immediately unconscious... But is d only explanation for that the Holy spirit.. Come on, there's what's called hypnotism

So how were you hypnotized? Via his voice or was it the air he blew that hypnotized you?

2 Likes

Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Nobody: 11:53am On Nov 29, 2016
LaClicKLaBenDin:

How can an unbeliever who doesn't have the Holy Spirit speak in tongues? Or did you mean, have an unbeliever fake tongues?

Smh
All tongues are fake the brain is not receptive of the so called tongue because they are utterly useless..........just some random words stringed together by Ur mind

1 Like

Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Nobody: 11:55am On Nov 29, 2016
jizzus:

All tongues are fake the brain is not receptive of the so called tongue because they are utterly useless..........just some random words stringed together by Ur mind

I asked you if you had any personal experience. Do you?

1 Like

Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by tintingz(m): 12:01pm On Nov 29, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Shamans are taught but the language of tongues is not. Genuine tongues is not taught. A lot go around trying to teach people how to speak in tongues but the Holy spirit is not in that.
You haven't provide any link that shamans are taught. Shamans dance to spiritual songs like Christians and speak in spiritual tongue.

If you think it can be taught and still have the holy spirits backing then your confusion can only be described as epic. Do you have a personal experience regarding speaking in tongues?
Yes I've and you can't disbelieve that.
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by tintingz(m): 12:03pm On Nov 29, 2016
Rilwayne001:

grin grin
Anybody can speak in tongue my brother. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Nobody: 12:13pm On Nov 29, 2016
naijadeyhia:

I asked you if you had any personal experience. Do you?
Yes I do,I basically was basking in the euphoria of the "holy spirit"
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by foladara777(m): 12:14pm On Nov 29, 2016
naijadeyhia:

So how were you hypnotized? Via his voice or was it the air he blew that hypnotized you?
I don't know but hypnosis is done in diverse ways... My point is that, the fact that I fell is not conclusive proof of the holy spirit
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Emmanystone: 12:16pm On Nov 29, 2016
foladara777:

What about the little part about atrocities committed by your master??
Hear the demon speaking out there?

1 Like

Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by foladara777(m): 12:19pm On Nov 29, 2016
Emmanystone:

Hear the demon speaking out there?
Uhmmm... Come again but this time in English
Re: Scientific Study Of Speaking In Tongues by Emmanystone: 12:30pm On Nov 29, 2016
Rilwayne001:

grin grin
Hmmm. See Muslims in a speaking in Tongues thread. What do you know about speaking in Tongues?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Kemi Olunloyo Begs For Forgiveness As She Testifies In Church (Video) / Will This My Act Of Good Lead Me To Hell? / 'Religion Has Done More Harm To Man Than Technology' - Twitter User Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.