Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,168 members, 7,811,393 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:50 AM

My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. - Religion (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. (32287 Views)

Lady Shares Her Experience As Churches Reopen In Lagos Today / 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist / Saudi Arabia To Execute 'Atheist' For Insulting Prophet Muhammad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by AngelsAndStars(m): 2:58pm On Dec 02, 2016
Seun:

Evolution is a fact. The speculations I'm talking about are the minute details of evolution that are not fully clear based on the current evidence. Such speculations may not be so reliable, but at least they are based on some evidence. The biblical myth has no evidence at all. Some old Jew probably made up the stories to entertain his grandchildren and it was passed on until people forgot that it was made up.
evolution is not a fact either. sorry.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 3:00pm On Dec 02, 2016
Seun:

Evolution is a fact. The speculations I'm talking about are the minute details of evolution that are not fully clear based on the current evidence. Such speculations may not be so reliable, but at least they are based on some evidence. The biblical myth has no evidence at all. Some old Jew probably made up the stories to entertain his grandchildren and it was passed on until people forgot that it was made up.

If the minute details which make up the whole isn't reliable, then, how can the whole be reliable and termed a fact?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by jonbellion(m): 3:00pm On Dec 02, 2016
Gombs:

But... Your claims about about us being monkeys and hominids slaying their predecessors/successors was a story for the people who knew biology? undecided
who said anything about slaying......
Oooh my God

Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by Nobody: 3:01pm On Dec 02, 2016
Seun:

Do you want Bible fact? How is it that every element found in the earth can also be found in the human body? Disprove that

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by Nobody: 3:01pm On Dec 02, 2016
LaClicKLaBenDin:

If the minute details which make up the whole isn't reliable, then, how can the whole be reliable and termed a fact?

Ask him abeg
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by jonbellion(m): 3:05pm On Dec 02, 2016
Wow so nobody's views were changed
Maybe it's because of this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by Nobody: 3:06pm On Dec 02, 2016
jonbellion:

Wrong! Thats not how we think about it. We simply do not see it because it never happened!
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by jonbellion(m): 3:07pm On Dec 02, 2016
4everGod:

Wrong! Thats not how we think about it. We simply do not see it because it never happened!
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 3:08pm On Dec 02, 2016
jonbellion:

Not even close bro...

And that's why I asked for the little details which will enable us understand what evolution really is, but no one seems to have that...
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by Xbee007(m): 3:08pm On Dec 02, 2016
Seun:
Can we skip the nonsense and just admit that the dust to man story was made up by people who didn't know ChemistrY?
Abeg, do something about Nairaland. It seems hackers are trying to hack our accounts. Sometimes if u click on a link it will redirect u to another site entirely.
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 3:10pm On Dec 02, 2016
jonbellion:
they believe that woman was formed from a rib and they come to laugh at evolutionists

Yes, believe it, because our God said so, and He doesn't lie!
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by jonbellion(m): 3:12pm On Dec 02, 2016
LaClicKLaBenDin:

Yes, believe it, because our God said so, and He doesn't lie!
lol he lied he was coming back didn't he grin
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by Nobody: 3:13pm On Dec 02, 2016
jonbellion:

Does he exist? Do you believe he existed?
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by MrMontella(m): 3:13pm On Dec 02, 2016
LaClicKLaBenDin:

We didn't just evolve from monkeys. We are monkeys. Look at your face, then look at a monkey's face. Look at your hands, then look at a monkey's hands. We still have forest dwelling, tree climbing, furry monkeys because they didn't compete directly with us as hominids did.

The bolded is Seun's comment, isn't it? And now my question is, at what point did we become different from monkeys as we know it today? How did we become this intelligent, and different from them? I want to know details.

Please anyone who is not ready to address the question, shouldn't quote me..
he got it wrong...an error bro
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by Seun(m): 3:14pm On Dec 02, 2016
4everGod:
Every single chemical or organic composition found in the earth can be found either in large or trace ...
It is not meaningful to say that the human body is made from the dust of the earth if the elemental composition of the human being is so different from what it was supposedly made from. Why would God use the soil to create man which means he would need to first reconstitute the soil at an elemental level, mostly removing some elements like silicon and aluminum and adding massive quantities of others like carbon before recombining the elements into the proteins, lipids, and bones that our bodies are actually made up of? It makes no sense at all. The trouble with being an apologist is having to defend the indefensible.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 3:14pm On Dec 02, 2016
jonbellion:

Of course, He's coming back, and that's why you need to have a rethink and give your life to Christ.
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by jonbellion(m): 3:14pm On Dec 02, 2016
4everGod:

Does he exist? Do you believe he existed?
nope
Not in that sense
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 3:16pm On Dec 02, 2016
MrMontella:

he got it wrong...an error bro

Nice one, MrMontella... cool
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by AstuteJay: 3:17pm On Dec 02, 2016
Seun:

Dude you are embarrassing yourself. It is not meaningful to say that the human body is made from the dust of the earth if the elemental composition of the human being is so different from what it was supposedly made from. Why would God use the soil to create man which means he would need to first reconstitute the dust at an elemental level, mostly removing some elements like silicon and aluminum and adding massive quantities of others like carbon before recombining the elements into the proteins, lipids, and bones that our bodies are actually made up of? It makes no sense at all. The trouble with being an apologist is having to defend the undefendable.

Seun!!!
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by Nobody: 3:17pm On Dec 02, 2016
Seun:

Dude you are embarrassing yourself. It is not meaningful to say that the human body is made from the dust of the earth if the elemental composition of the human being is so different from what it was supposedly made from. Why would God use the soil to create man which means he would need to first reconstitute the dust at an elemental level, mostly removing some elements like silicon and aluminum and adding massive quantities of others like carbon before recombining the elements into the proteins, lipids, and bones that our bodies are actually made up of? It makes no sense at all. The trouble with being an apologist is having to defend the undefendable.

What you need are details of how dust transitioned to man and God isnt interested in giving you that because if he does then man would begin creating man.

What you should focus on is how to get the much needed minute details you say evolution does not have and which is riddled all over it. If you can get this then creation would become a farce.

Do you think God is foolish? You expect him to break it down to you so you can become God to yourself in all fullness?

Think again
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 3:19pm On Dec 02, 2016
Seun:

The problem with being an unbeliever is not knowing the power that created the universe.

Do you mean to tell me that the One who created the universal could have any difficulty doing what you just stated above?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by Nobody: 3:19pm On Dec 02, 2016
Seun:

And you expect everything to make sense yet evolution which makes absolutely no sense makes sense to you even with all your self confessed missing minute details.

1 Like

Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by Nobody: 3:23pm On Dec 02, 2016
jonbellion:
nope
Not in that sense

So in what sense then?
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by Nobody: 3:25pm On Dec 02, 2016
jonbellion:

Your comment deserves this

Think before you talk

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by jonbellion(m): 3:25pm On Dec 02, 2016
4everGod:

And you expect everything to make sense yet evolution which makes absolutely no sense makes sense to you even with all your self confessed missing minute details.
evolution makes sense
Look at marsupials for petes sake
If evolution was a lie then God must be decieving us in looking at the way animals are distributed making it look asif marsupials separately evolved in an isolated environment from placentals
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by Nobody: 3:25pm On Dec 02, 2016
jonbellion:
evolution makes sense
If evolution was a lie then God must be decieving us in looking at the way animals are distributed making it look asif marsupials separately evolved in an isolated environment from placentals

Still regurgitating i see
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by MrMontella(m): 3:26pm On Dec 02, 2016
4everGod:

I wish you knew. Let me give you one example
Whales keep swimming up onto the beach where they die. Do you think the whales are trying to expedite a multi-million generation plan to grow legs? That concept is stupid, but let's get back to the fish story
its actually the other way round...
Mammalian ancestor to whale...

The gills of the fish are made for extracting oxygen from water, not from air. He chokes and gasps before flipping back into the safety of the water. Why would he do such a stupid thing? This wiggling and choking continues for millions of generation until the fish chokes less and less. His gills evolve into lungs so he can breathe air on dry land, but now he is at risk of drowning in the water

oh crap..even lungfishes can survive on land for ''long'' sire..

One day he simply stays out on the land and never goes back into the water. Now he is a lizard.
reductio ad absurdum

Giant dinosaurs literally exploded onto the scene during the Triassic period. The fossil record (petrified bones found in the ground as at the Dinosaur National Park in Jensen, Utah, USA) shows no intermediate or transitional species. Where are the millions of years of fossils showing the transitional forms for dinosaurs? They do not not exist, because the dinosaurs did not evolve..
this is a lie...we have transitional dinosaur fossils like archaeopteryx
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:26pm On Dec 02, 2016
LaClicKLaBenDin:

The problem with being an unbeliever is not knowing the power that created the universe.

Do you mean to tell me that the One who created the universal could have any difficulty doing what you just stated above?

Again , logical thinking disappears . grin

1 Like

Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by Gombs(m): 3:27pm On Dec 02, 2016
jonbellion:
who said anything about slaying......
Oooh my God

I'd have called you stupid, but that'd be great underestimation

https://www.nairaland.com/3495673/experience-atheist-three-weeks/11#51568799

Suddenly, he's your God? undecided
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by jonbellion(m): 3:28pm On Dec 02, 2016
MrMontella:

its actually the other way round...
Mammalian ancestor to whale...

oh crap..even lungfishes can survive on land for ''long'' sire..

reductio ad absurdum

this is a lie...we have transitional dinosaur fossils like archaeopteryx
actually the archropteryx was at the end of the Jurassic period
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by MrMontella(m): 3:29pm On Dec 02, 2016
jonbellion:
I said closest relatives I didn't say evolve Oooh My God
one facepalm is not enough bro
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by Nobody: 3:29pm On Dec 02, 2016
jonbellion:
evolution makes sense

Evolution also was supposed to make sense with the Coelacanth but the fish even when touted as 350m years old never evolved.

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (28) (Reply)

Bishop Alexander Ezeugo Ekewuba Is Dead! (Overcomers Christian Mission Owerri) / Winners Chapel Pastor's Wife Whose Womb Was Removed During Surgery Gives Birth(p / Pastor Iginla Donates House To A Woman Living Under Tree (PIC)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.