Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,213 members, 7,818,722 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. (8927 Views)

Buhari And I Argue Over Issues, Says Adesina / Photo: Some Youths In Nigeria Argue That Nigeria Has 35 States. Leaders Of 2mor / Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Go Down)

Re: All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. by Kobojunkie: 7:20pm On Nov 13, 2009
Singular:

I think this is a really good post, and im happy he used 'most of' since i would not like to be lumped together with those who change their accent within 2 months of living here in usa. its inferiority. some of us sometimes feel inferior to other cultures id dont know why?? why on earth would i trying to destroy my home?

Is this really about your PERSONAL opinion of those who change their accents? Or this is about issues BIGGER than you ?
Re: All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. by oderemo(m): 7:42pm On Nov 13, 2009
been in Nigeria for the past 6mths trying to joggle business together i can tell you all its quite diff from my cosy London environs, ask myself why am i here trillion times. ans is its HOME. noffing more than that. one thing i quickly notice is some pple views hasnt change a bit on nairaland. well its all good.
Re: All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. by Kobojunkie: 7:46pm On Nov 13, 2009
ode remo:

been in Nigeria for the past 6mths trying to joggle business together i can tell you all its quite diff from my cosy London environs, ask myself why am i here trillion times. ans is its HOME. noffing more than that. one thing i quickly notice is some pple views hasnt change a bit on nairaland. well its all good.

Hi @Oderemo, can you help answer some questions please since you are down there. I have not been down for that long but I have plans to try such next year. What would you recommend anyone trying to do such do?
Re: All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. by oderemo(m): 7:52pm On Nov 13, 2009
hi kobo,
its not that easy discussing buss. plans on open field like this, but the longer one stays the better the better for whatever plan you have am into earth moving equipment's and construction so , but thing are generally on the up, if you can stomach the hiccups here and there.
Re: All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. by Kobojunkie: 7:59pm On Nov 13, 2009
ode remo:

hi kobo,
its not that easy discussing buss. plans on open field like this, but the longer one stays the better the better for whatever plan you have am into earth moving equipment's and construction so , but thing are generally on the up, if you can stomach the hiccups here and there.

Would you say you have accomplished so much in the 6 months then? Or do you see yourself staying up to, say a year to figure things out completely? Would you advice folks coming down to get a job just in case? Or did you make most of connections from here before leaving?
Re: All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. by MrCrackles(m): 8:01pm On Nov 13, 2009
ode remo:

hi kobo,
its not that easy discussing buss. plans on open field like this, but the longer one stays the better the better for whatever plan you have am into earth moving equipment's and construction so  , but thing are generally on the up, if you can stomach the hiccups here and there.
I think this is crucial to survival. . .
Re: All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. by Radiant(f): 8:14pm On Nov 13, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Would you say you have accomplished so much in the 6 months then? Or do you see yourself staying up to, say a year to figure things out completely? Would you advice folks coming down to get a job just in case? Or did you make most of connections from here before leaving?

One would probably have to do that. You just don't walk into an office looking for a job grin cheesy

Nigeria is home of course who denies that cheesy
Re: All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. by Kobojunkie: 8:19pm On Nov 13, 2009
Radiant:

One would probably have to do that. You just don't walk into an office looking for a job grin cheesy

Nigeria is home of course who denies that cheesy

I have learnt, the hard way, that some connections are quite, how should I say it, USELESS. lol . I mean there are people who talk and talk but when it comes down to actually dealing, they want their share and that is, unfortunately most of what I have had to deal with for a while now. I even had one tell me outright that I would have to make him a PARTNER for him to even provide me with information that might help me in establishing. All I could do was laugh. I believe one has to do some networking, and if I could do away with the CONNECTING thing, I would.

And to anyone who comes along to tell me that Nigerian style CONNECTIONS is the same as NETWORKING, I say go do your research well well.
Re: All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. by Radiant(f): 8:26pm On Nov 13, 2009
Kobojunkie:

I have learnt, the hard way, that some connections are quite, how should I say it, USELESS. lol . I mean there are people who talk and talk but when it comes down to actually dealing, they want their share and that is, unfortunately most of what I have had to deal with for a while now. I even had one tell me outright that I would have to make him a PARTNER for him to even provide me with information that might help me in establishing. All I could do was laugh. I believe one has to do some networking, and if I could do away with the CONNECTING thing, I would.

And to anyone who comes along to tell me that Nigerian style CONNECTIONS is the same as NETWORKING, I say go do your research well well.

Very true. So hard to be at the mercy of man. You hardly get by easily. You must "submit" something.
Re: All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. by Afam(m): 9:30pm On Nov 13, 2009
Radiant:

That's what the statistics prove. You shouldn't be mad that I believe them and I shouldn't be happy that you live in denial.

Figure it out. You like facts, right? Take some statistics classes.

You must be a celebrated fool to vomit this statement. What can you people manufacture in that glorified country called Nigeria? Is it not because of people like you and your hopeless government that men are busy working to manufacture inverters for your pathetic lives?

Unlike Nigeria, they have electricity in their countries to enable them manufacture all that. Can you do that in Nigeria? The fact that they're manufactured in Canada and USA doesn't mean they have to use them. Dumbo! What do you know? You should be ashamed of your loose knowledge.

You started with the insults and I ignored all that but just like most Nigerians you like it the hard way. Who are you that one can't insult? I know your type so relax. You can hang yourself for all I care. Nobody will miss you, idiot.

I stated earlier that your thinking process was fundamentally flawed. I think that was actually a compliment because it is pretty obvious that you are a complete egg head.

However, I recognize the fact that you cannot understand information that is beyond your comprehension level so I won't even bother. And when they talk about Nigerians living outside Nigeria clowns like you are counted? This is the real tragedy.
Re: All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. by Kobojunkie: 9:42pm On Nov 13, 2009
Radiant:

Very true. So hard to be at the mercy of man. You hardly get by easily. You must "submit" something.

That is the trap I don't want to fall back into. It is so good being able to avoid all that with very short trips back there every now and then. But when one goes for periods of 3 months or more, then it becomes harder not to fall into the GREASE MY PALM way of life. I mean it is from the very plane, you get that and it irritates the heck out of one.
Re: All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. by Radiant(f): 10:00pm On Nov 13, 2009
Afam:

I stated earlier that your thinking process was fundamentally flawed. I think that was actually a compliment because it is pretty obvious that you are a complete egg head.

However, I recognize the fact that you cannot understand information that is beyond your comprehension level so I won't even bother. And when they talk about Nigerians living outside Nigeria clowns like you are counted? This is the real tragedy.

That's all you can say to cover your shame. Useless Nigerian. Stay here and be promoting the use of inverters. Perhaps it's the new sign of a "big boy" in Nigeria. You should pursue a federal govt contract to supply them. cheesy

If it's tragedy that I live abroad then you're better off dead than living in Nigeria. slowpoke  cheesy
Re: All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. by Radiant(f): 10:07pm On Nov 13, 2009
Kobojunkie:

That is the trap I don't want to fall back into. It is so good being able to avoid all that with very short trips back there every now and then. But when one goes for periods of 3 months or more, then it becomes harder not to fall into the GREASE MY PALM way of life. I mean it is from the very plane, you get that and it irritates the heck out of one.

It's part of the system. That's what makes Nigeria an "easy going" country. No formalities you know. Just pay to get paid. That's why they find it hard abroad sometimes  grin The can't pay their lecturers to pass and would rather go back to Nigeria instead of obey simple laws. No, they prefer it the jungle way  grin
Re: All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. by Kobojunkie: 11:18pm On Nov 13, 2009
Radiant:

It's part of the system. That's what makes Nigeria an "easy going" country. No formalities you know. Just pay to get paid. That's why they find it hard abroad sometimes grin The can't pay their lecturers to pass and would rather go back to Nigeria instead of obey simple laws. No, they prefer it the jungle way grin

Roflmao!!!

But I have to say, sometimes one gets tempted and wishes one could slip some change under the table so as to get faster service, say at the doctor's office or the DMV. Roflmao!!!! I remember sitting impatiently, for over an hour, at the doctor's office waiting for the folks before me to get service. I wished I could let the Nigerian in me out, walk up to the clerk, pay her some money so she could let me see the doctor first. I imagined different ways it would probably go in my head. lol I am glad I didn't do do! lol
Re: All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. by Radiant(f): 11:31pm On Nov 13, 2009
There you go! grin
Re: All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. by candylips(m): 12:29am On Nov 14, 2009
Kobo and Radiant make una no finish me with laugh abeg grin
Re: All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. by toshacer: 8:53pm On Nov 14, 2009
SEFAGO:

yeah just like Nigerians in nigeria are living in the the Matrix.

idiot
Re: All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. by Abuzola(m): 11:58pm On Nov 14, 2009
@op- true talk
Re: All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. by na2day2(m): 12:01am On Nov 15, 2009
Abuzola:

@op- true talk

idiot as always, never failing to show ur stupidity, at least i have to respect u for that
Re: All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. by akinalabi(m): 3:58pm On Nov 15, 2009
Radiant:

Is a Naira credit card also meant for half of the population living below the poverty line of $1?

That is a statement I've never believed

ode remo:

but thing are generally on the up, if you can stomach the hiccups here and there.

Very very crucial

Kobojunkie:

Roflmao!!!

But I have to say, sometimes one gets tempted and wishes one could slip some change under the table so as to get faster service, say at the doctor's office or the DMV. Roflmao!!!! I remember sitting impatiently, for over an hour, at the doctor's office waiting for the folks before me to get service. I wished I could let the Nigerian in me out, walk up to the clerk, pay her some money so she could let me see the doctor first. I imagined different ways it would probably go in my head. lol I am glad I didn't do do! lol

The Nigerian blood in you almost over powered every other reasoning grin
Re: All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. by Sauron1: 4:03pm On Nov 15, 2009
akinalabi:

The Nigerian blood in you almost over powered every other reasoning grin

But what is so bad in bribing your way outta a tight situation in a jungle like Nigeria?

I am too lazy to start arguing with a traffic warden/hungry policemen.
Besides that, i try as much as possible not to linger on the expressway arguing for the fear of daredevil robbers and drunken motorists.
A cousin of mine got killed by a drunk commercial driver while waiting around to argue with policemen. . . . .

My comfort comes first before any other thing. grin
Re: All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. by Radiant(f): 4:06pm On Nov 15, 2009
Lmao! I'm surprised he wasn't even killed by the policemen  grin Sorry about that tho' embarassed sad
Re: All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. by Sauron1: 4:10pm On Nov 15, 2009
Radiant:

Lmao! I'm surprised he wasn't even killed by the policemen  grin Sorry about that tho' embarassed sad

That's another story.
I remember them killing a young teenager in the mid-90s in Lagos because the dude was driving his dad's car oblivious there was a bag of cash in the boot.
When the dude was stopped for a search, they found the cash and the boy was shot dead.
Re: All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. by Radiant(f): 4:13pm On Nov 15, 2009
Oh there we go again! cool
Re: All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. by akinalabi(m): 4:17pm On Nov 15, 2009
~Sauron~:

But what is so bad in bribing your way outta a tight situation in a jungle like Nigeria?

I am too lazy to start arguing with a traffic warden/hungry policemen.
Besides that, i try as much as possible not to linger on the expressway arguing for the fear of daredevil robbers and drunken motorists.
A cousin of mine got killed by a drunk commercial driver while waiting around to argue with policemen. . . . .

My comfort comes first before any other thing. grin

Bribing is illegal. . . Don't do it openly cheesy
Re: All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. by Sauron1: 4:22pm On Nov 15, 2009
akinalabi:

Bribing is illegal. . . Don't do it openly cheesy

How is it illegal?

As long as the 2 parties are happy with the do. . . . .HAPPY DAYS!!!
I won't let some scruffy looking policemen hold me down because of 20/50 Naira or whatever they collect these days.
Pay them and move on!!!
Re: All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. by akinalabi(m): 4:24pm On Nov 15, 2009
~Sauron~:

How is it illegal?

As long as the 2 parties are happy with the do. . . . .HAPPY DAYS!!!
I won't let some scruffy looking policemen hold me down because of 20/50 Naira or whatever they collect these days.
Pay them and move on!!!

Ha. . .

My hand no dey o. grin
Re: All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. by 4Play(m): 4:26pm On Nov 15, 2009
Ever marvelled at how pigs seem to revel in stench blissfully unaware of the sheer appalling state of their immediate surroundings?

They remind me of many Nigerians back home who, like pigs in a refuse dump, seem to go about their business totally comfortable with an environment any sane person will quickly recognise as having all the features of a mad house.

From the inept and openly corrupt officials that greet you at the airport to the trigger happy policemen that menace the highways, it's mind numbing that seemingly sane people feel totally at peace with this sort of environment.
Re: All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. by akinalabi(m): 4:35pm On Nov 15, 2009
4 Play:

Ever marvelled at how pigs seem to revel in stench blissfully unaware of the sheer appalling state of their immediate surroundings?

They remind me of many Nigerians back home who, like pigs in a refuse dump,
seem to go about their business totally comfortable with an environment any sane person will quickly recognise as having all the features of a mad house.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Now I understand what Afam was saying. Why insult people that do not to live abroad?
Re: All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. by Sauron1: 4:41pm On Nov 15, 2009
akinalabi:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Now I understand what Afam was saying. Why insult people that do not to live abroad?

He has not insulted them. . . . . .He is just wondering how people could find peace in that country of mayhem. grin grin grin grin
Re: All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. by Radiant(f): 4:57pm On Nov 15, 2009
They hate to hear facts wink

For instance, how do you explain a policeman on "duty" wearing slippers?
Re: All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. by Sauron1: 5:05pm On Nov 15, 2009
Radiant:

They hate to hear facts wink

For instance, how do you explain a policeman on "duty" wearing slippers?

Cos he's got no shoes.
Have you seen the uniform of some of them? Seriously, their condition is worse than tramps on the streets of Bamako.
Torn clothes, patched shirts and rusty guns to boot. I cannot really blame the cops. . . .the government is screwing them up.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Rochas Forfeits Monthly Salary! / No Alternative To President Buhari - Akpabio Insists / Missing People From The Lekki Massacre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.