Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,630 members, 7,820,223 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. (8928 Views)

Buhari And I Argue Over Issues, Says Adesina / Photo: Some Youths In Nigeria Argue That Nigeria Has 35 States. Leaders Of 2mor / Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Go Down)

Re: All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. by Beaf: 12:00am On Nov 11, 2009
Radiant:

LOL. . . some of them don't even know what's going on in the country until NEPA or whatever their name these days allow them to hit NL.

One day, one day, unu go kill person wit laugh for dis NL o!
Re: All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. by Eziachi: 12:03am On Nov 11, 2009
walakolobo:

Bitter, Bitter, Bitter, Bitter about what? this is part of what we are talking about, bitter because you eat burger and i cant, bitter that you shop in Tescos and i cant, bittert hat you ride in the underground and i dont, bitter that you work in the cold and i dont, bitter about what? Please tell me, before you change the word bitter to the word jealous or envious as someone has just said.

I think it is the other way round - there is every tendency for Nigerians in the diaspora to be jealous, bitter and envious about the folks back home, the home they called failed, the home they called hell, they are bitter because most of their mates they left are now in a better position than them, why should anyone in Nigeria be envious and bitter or jealous about people abroad? We havent been there, lived there, got bored and left or what is it? Envious that you work in the cold, that you have to make rounds between train stations, or what are we envious about?

Now you did sounds jealous and you have answered your own question about what you should be jealous about?: And in your own words, they eat buggers and you don’t, they shop at TESCO and you don’t (which are quite petty things) and now maybe you shops at Jankara market.

By the sound of it, I think you have actually lived abroad yourself but sound exactly like some of those that use to live abroad but were deported as an illegal alien, for credit card fraud or non payment of child support to their former Jamaican girlfriend (the mother of their one night stand experiment).
And now with few nasty mosquito bites back in the slums of Orile Igamu had reminded them of former things and they are now bitter. I may be wrong , so no insult now please!!
Re: All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. by Kobojunkie: 12:03am On Nov 11, 2009
Radiant:

LOL. . . some of them don't even know what's going on in the country until NEPA or whatever their name these days allow them to hit NL.
You wicked oooo!!! grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. by Sauron1: 12:05am On Nov 11, 2009
Eziachi:

Now you did sounds jealous and you have answered your own question about what you should be jealous about?: And in your own words, they eat bugger, you don’t, they shop at TESCO and you don’t (which are quite petty things) and now maybe you shops at Jankara market.

By the sound of it, I think you have actually lived abroad yourself but sound exactly like some of those that use to live abroad by were deported as an illegal alien for credit card fraud or non payment of their child support to their former Jamaican girlfriend (the mother of their one night stand experiment).

And now with few nasty mosquito bites back in the slums of Orile Igamu, reminded them of former something and they are bitter. I may be wrong , so no insult now please!!

Jesus Wept!!!
Re: All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. by Radiant(f): 12:17am On Nov 11, 2009
Lmao!
Re: All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. by Eziachi: 12:25am On Nov 11, 2009
Afam:

As to your first question - YES just as you are in a better position to tell us what is happening in the place you live in.

As to your second question most Nigerians living in Nigeria know enough to know when to disregard the media.

The media can be used and abused depending on who is paying the bills.

Ghana sustained a lie for over a decade about steady power supply in that country and even went a step further to celebrate 10 years of steady electricity fully supported by the government. This was a lie.

It is being stated in the media that power supply is almost non existent but in over 5 years I have never used a generator in my office and hardly use one at home and I don't use solar panels or wind turbines, just inverter backup.
As Majek Fashek sang, he saw beggars on the streets of New York. I have a friend who is very credible who stated he saw Americans pulling their shorts and emptying their bowels on the road.

While we agree that things could (and in fact should) be better in Nigeria no one should be under any illusion here that the developed world is paradise on earth.

I am aware of people who had to die because they could not pay electricity bills in the US and froze to death. I know for certain that there are places and people that are not connected to the grid in the US and all their lives they have generated their own electricity.

The issue is simple - Stop the insults and name calling. Stick to the facts or keep your hands off that keyboard.

I am sort of disappointed with you Mr. or Mrs. Afam. In all your posting on this particular issue, it’s all about you and only you. And that is typical Nigerian mentality, if I am alright, it mean the country is alright.

In Nigeria you will see their rich men driving in the best choice car swimming it through a gully road and will never see that as an eye sore. He will arrive his mansion, to be greeted and gate opened for him by a guard or a man looking like starved/skinny “Okporoko” from Ethiopia and wearing tore clothes but the big man wouldn’t see anything wrong.

Progress or good tide is not measured by personal comfort of one person but the generality of all people. Its shame to say that it is same source of power that powers Buckingham palace or Downing Street powers the small flat of the least person in England. So it’s not all about you, my good friend, how are your neighbors doing?
Re: All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. by Tats(m): 12:44am On Nov 11, 2009
I have given up joining the usual debate between Naija residents and "Diasporans".

Its the same old story line about diasporans:
We "Diasporans" have never or hardly ever lived in Nigeria,
We don't know what is happening in Nigeria,
We don't visit home,
We all do odd jobs and even if we manage to work in a corporate organisation, we are low level workers
Those of us who lived in Nigeria before moving overseas were "peasants", hence we are excited about the so called "good" things here,
We never see anything good about Nigeria,
We all live in scummy areas
Our mates in Nigeria have all left us behind in various aspects of life,
We can't afford to visit home,
et.c,

Anyone got more to add?
Re: All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. by NSNA: 12:54am On Nov 11, 2009
Conspiracies of a veiled secret core bent on using Africa, 
The challenge of the new generations of the youths of Africa is to rise above in success
Re: All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. by Eziachi: 1:02am On Nov 11, 2009
@ Afam
In same week that your House of Representative speaker (Dimeji "excess Lips" Bankole) and his assitant was reported to have purchased 18 bullet proof cars (in the midst of world recesion), but below is how the mayor of London normally get to work on a daily basis and the one he succeeded (Ken Livingstone) never owe a car in his life and takes train to work.

Mind you London mayoral office ran an economy twice bigger than Nigeria as a country.
You can see why your mentality in life is far apart from those living abroad, because they have experienced what a real good governance is all about.

Re: All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. by redsky1: 1:22am On Nov 11, 2009
Eziachi:

Now you did sounds jealous and you have answered your own question about what you should be jealous about?: And in your own words, they eat bugger, you don’t, they shop at TESCO and you don’t (which are quite petty things) and now maybe you shops at Jankara market.

By the sound of it, I think you have actually lived abroad yourself but sound exactly like some of those that use to live abroad by were deported as an illegal alien for credit card fraud or non payment of their child support to their former Jamaican girlfriend (the mother of their one night stand experiment).
And now with few nasty mosquito bites back in the slums of Orile Igamu, reminded them of former something and they are bitter. I may be wrong , so no insult now please!!

JESUS IS WEEPING

abeg don't make me drop this laptop from laughing too hard. What i find so funny is when people are talking about good roads in lagos, street lights and people have generators and buy their own water.

wake up - water and electricity are basic things that a government should provide - in this country it is illegal the water company to turn your water cos water is a basic human right,  in that same Nigeria still think its ok to rape a woman if she is outside her home alone after 8pm. its ok for the police to beat ordinary people if they don't move out of their way quick enough.

the same people here complaining about us abroad are the same ones that go to shoprite and buy foreign products (that are even not as good as the ones they sell here - yes the last cream i used back home was so watery i almost mixed it with wine to make a white wine creamy spritzer nonsense

i have said it many times b4 - stop the envy and discuss ways to improve on the country - i think its a big disgrace that women in Nigeriall die in child birth in droves. u people complaining are probably the same ones that have your kids abroad and come here jealousing others.

the average Nigerianes average not the ones living in lekki and VI and PH and Abuja - the average Nigeriannot even afford to eat three times a day.

security, water, electricity law and order, education, social mobility, welfare for orphans and widows is non existent u want to come here and say naija is greatest place on earth - lets not forget all the people that spend hours in church only to commit the worst sins outside church as if God is sleeping.
Re: All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. by Nobody: 1:50am On Nov 11, 2009
Radiant:

Wow! shocked tongue
Re: All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. by THEAMAKA3(f): 1:57am On Nov 11, 2009
sha nevermind.
modified.
but can we please stop all these stupid divisions?
abeg!!!
tribal issues now it has turned into where you are living?
NA WA OOOOO angry
Re: All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. by Nobody: 1:59am On Nov 11, 2009
Modified too. tongue
Re: All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. by THEAMAKA3(f): 2:01am On Nov 11, 2009
nuzo:

Everybody run!. . . . she's here!!!

Rubbish! angry
this topic even applies to you.
are you living in Nigeria?
NO.
then that means you have no place to comment at all, even if you LIVED there in the past.
according to some here, that doesnt count.
sorry.
Re: All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. by Eziachi: 2:17am On Nov 11, 2009
THE-AMAKA:

this topic even applies to you.
are you living in Nigeria?
NO.
then that means you have no place to comment at all, even if you LIVED there in the past.
according to some here, that doesnt count.
sorry.

I don’t know why you can't never make any meaningful contribution towards any issue. Next minute you will be harping a bare face lie of how you are born and bred in the United State but your “pigeon Lingo” surpassed that of Ojegunle kids.
Re: All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. by THEAMAKA3(f): 2:18am On Nov 11, 2009
lolol
whatever you call it, its the internet.
im not about to type like its an essay of some sort.
i speak broken english here all the time, WHO DOESNT?
i picked it up from nollywood movies and some from Nigeria.
its not that hard.  tongue
i know where im from, dont trip about me. cool
Re: All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. by paddylo1(m): 2:21am On Nov 11, 2009
Mind you London mayoral office ran an economy twice bigger than Nigeria as a country.

Bigger than Nigeria how,?do u know how big NIGERIA is or are u out to cause mischief,do u know that Nigeria is bigger than france and uk combined,try running that out of a motorcycle or scooter or whatever,

anyway on this thread the only person making sense is AFAM,u guys sit on your ass and complain all day but dont ask yourself why the chinese are coming,why the south africans are coming to NIGERIA why the UK has the 3rd largest diaspora citizen population in NIgeria,

the thing i hate most about Nigerians is that they are quick to condemn the country without any solution,let me let u in on a secret,
ITS not Govts job to provide water,or light or roads or any of the nonsense u guys write about,u live in the WEST  how is it done here?,by the private sector
so stop blaming GOVT for everything,and whoever decieved u that america or uk is paradise must be living a dream
truth be told NIGERIA is the sweetest nation to live in on earth,those who know better will tell u,
the guys shouting,when last did u pay your income tax?
when last did u pay property tax?, or estate tax,hell when did u pay 20% of income on health care benefits, and still have to pay out of pocket if u fall sick
diasporans should not decieve u, good schools here for your kids start at $5000 per semester per child,everything here na problem esp if u married wit kids

NIGERIA will survive and wax stronger,those that dont wish her well should leave and dont come back
Re: All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. by paddylo1(m): 2:27am On Nov 11, 2009
@THE-AMAKA

are u like american born or raised naija chick? if u dont mind me asking
Re: All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. by THEAMAKA3(f): 2:33am On Nov 11, 2009
american born and raised.
Re: All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. by Beaf: 2:34am On Nov 11, 2009
paddy_lo:

Bigger than Nigeria how,?do u know how big NIGERIA is or are u out to cause mischief,do u know that Nigeria is bigger than france and uk combined,try running that out of a motorcycle or scooter or whatever,

anyway on this thread the only person making sense is AFAM,u guys sit on your ass and complain all day but dont ask yourself why the chinese are coming,why the south africans are coming to NIGERIA why the UK has the 3rd largest diaspora citizen population in NIgeria,

the thing i hate most about Nigerians is that they are quick to condemn the country without any solution,let me let u in on a secret,
ITS not Govts job to provide water,or light or roads or any of the nonsense u guys write about,u live in the WEST  how is it done here?,by the private sector
so stop blaming GOVT for everything,and whoever decieved u that america or uk is paradise must be living a dream
truth be told NIGERIA is the sweetest nation to live in on earth,those who know better will tell u,
the guys shouting,when last did u pay your income tax?
when last did u pay property tax?, or estate tax,hell when did u pay 20% of income on health care benefits, and still have to pay out of pocket if u fall sick
diasporans should not decieve u, good schools here for your kids start at $5000 per semester per child,everything here na problem esp if u married wit kids

NIGERIA will survive and wax stronger,those that dont wish her well should leave and dont come back

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Damn! He is talking about the size of Londons economy!
Re: All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. by lite5(m): 2:37am On Nov 11, 2009
@paddy lo, get a real life
Re: All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. by lite5(m): 2:41am On Nov 11, 2009
@THE-AMAKA

where do you live, east orange or newark?
Re: All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. by Radiant(f): 2:47am On Nov 11, 2009
Paddy, give ur brain a slap. Your ignorance will lead you nowhere.
Re: All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. by TexMex: 3:22am On Nov 11, 2009
There's a growing trend on NL for some folks at home to bash 'Diasporians'. I can't begin to count the number of threads that have been opened or the insidious posts/responses contributors have made. To folks at home, I have this to say:

1. Diaporians are not looking down on you (or consider you as lesser beings) simply because you are 'home-based'. Rather diasporians are upset with the system that makes poverty common-place.
2. Statements made by Diaporians about how they can shop at TESCO at 3am, eat burger with one-pound, etc should be taken inn perspective. What this class of people are actually talking about are security and value of money. To that list you can add infrastructure and power supply.
3. Like a poster said above, Diasporians are sad that despite the abundance of human and material resources that NIGERIA has, things are still the way they are. And even getting worse in some cases. There's this story about a NIGERIAN-born CANADIAN presently developing Rail system in IRAQ after been rejected by his own government. It's sad really, very sad. We have the people, but the environment (bribery, nepotism, etc) makes doing business in NIGERIA for the idealistic ones very difficult.

Finally, @ AFAM
Please your comments are a sad commentary on your level of intelligence. I had inverter in NIGERIA powered by 6 of the best batteries (Deep-Circle) each costing about =N=45,000 then. I even added generator, but still couldn't use any of my air-conditioners. I sank a bore-hole to make things more comfortable for the staff of my business, but it dried up. What am I saying here? Whereas while electronics and cars are not luxuries per se, inability to get the basic amenities makes owning them a cost center. How many people can afford the added cost of these items?
Re: All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. by Pharoh: 3:24am On Nov 11, 2009
Division, Division, Division when are we going coming together to fix our country?  angry

Before we start killing ourselves why don't we go through the statistical route then we will realize that we need unity more than this division.

What percentage of Nigerians living in Nigeria are on Nairaland or what percentage of Nigerians living abroad are on Nairaland.

We are just so few but with unity and joining our resources together we can make a change or at least start a redemption process for our dear country.

We have more to gain by being united than this nonsense division, i am really tired of it.

angry angry angry angry
Re: All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. by naijaway(m): 3:56am On Nov 11, 2009
Some talk about their light, their this, their that. Funny enough many abroad were balling with those accessories too while they were based in Nigeria. Some people think if they are having fun in the light while there's darkness around their immediate surrounding that it makes them cool.  The country is in a mess and it needs to be told and mended.
Re: All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. by TexMex: 4:04am On Nov 11, 2009
@ Pharoh

Thank you. I don't even know the motives behind these divisive threads. I see it as the handiwork of those who would rather have us divided than unite against further bastardization of the country. Yeah, NIGERIANS abroad have become very tough on corruption of late -- witness the campaign against IBORI's associates in London, and the recent protest against FARIDA WAZIRI in U.S. But I 'd like those at home to see these as activities all done in our collective interests.

Some folks claim it's easier making money in NIGERIA, but it's largely because of the weak institutions. There's pretty little a single individual can do against the oppressive cartels in NIGERIA. We need to join hands in order to move NIGERIA forward in the right direction.
Re: All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. by Nobody: 4:09am On Nov 11, 2009
@Poster

All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue:

This phrase is totally wrong, next time write SOME Diasporians don't know nothing about Nigeria.

People are just arguing blindly here on this forum without pointing out the main issue

Abroad/Home: We have got poor/rich people

Nigeria is a good country where you can get her own opportunities likewise everywhere other countries:

People migrate for different reasons, if you migrate to another country and you get poor/rich that is your own cup of tea.

Stop condemning people at home/abroad
You can make it either home/abroad

Even developed countries are still facing problems but Nigeria is still lacking behind which we all know.

Problems Nigerians are facing:
[/b]Light - The government needs to provide this basic amentities for its citizens, without light the system will be labelled as a failed state because almost nothing will be possible

Good Roads -

Water - As per Nigeria situation because it is not well planned, Nigerians can still afford to provide water for themselves

JOB:
The Nigerian government [b]cannot
provide job for its citizens, little can only be contributed from them.

The individuals are meant to provide job for its citizen but where are the resources-
Electricity/Good Roads are needed to support individuals to create job for its citizens but the government is not helping matters/making any development towards it. Therefore increase rate of unemployment will occur.

Solution: Kill/Jail all the corrupt leaders looting our funds, cos this people are killing the future of Nigerians.

Do you think they don't know what is wrong with the country? They all know, they just don't want to do it because of their personal interest/selfishness

In reference to this MOVIE: DISTRICT 9: The government are the aliens eating his own people,
Re: All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. by Radiant(f): 4:19am On Nov 11, 2009
I'm happy to assume the schools in Nigeria are now something to write home about since you failed to mention it. One of the major reasons a lot of Nigerians are abroad.
Re: All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. by Kobojunkie: 4:26am On Nov 11, 2009
naijaway:

Some talk about their light, their this, their that. [size=14pt]Funny enough many abroad were balling with those accessories too while they were based in Nigeria. [/size] Some people think if they are having fun in the light while there's darkness around their immediate surrounding that it makes them cool.  The country is in a mess and it needs to be told and mended.

we have been buying generators and inverters for almost 24 years now oo!!! SOme of us still remember the monstrousities we had to acquire back then all so we can light up the whole  house. The hellish noise and the smoke and smell of diesel we had to live with. 24 Years later, we are still being adviced to buy generators and inverters. Na curse?? Roflmao!!
Re: All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. by Radiant(f): 4:29am On Nov 11, 2009
Did I forget to mention health care? LOL. . .the list goes on. Kobo, can u help me out, please? grin
Re: All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. by donjon: 5:09am On Nov 11, 2009
RADIANT, ur own don 2 much na?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Bomb Blast Rocks Football Viewing Center At Tundun Wada, Jos / The Injustice And Disgrace Going On In Port Harcourt / Adegboruwa Drags Buhari,Others To Court Over Non Confirmation Of Onnoghen As CJN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.