Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,264 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:04 AM

All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. (8921 Views)

Buhari And I Argue Over Issues, Says Adesina / Photo: Some Youths In Nigeria Argue That Nigeria Has 35 States. Leaders Of 2mor / Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Go Down)

Re: All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. by Kobojunkie: 6:13pm On Nov 10, 2009
Afam:

I only pointed out the cowardice in you. I wasn't in the least discussing or exchanging posts with fraudulent person like you.

That is why they say that a coward will die 1000 times before the actual death. You stink big time.

Funny, you are the same person only a couple of threads ago, talking of how people ought to be OPEN to the fact that there are different views out there. I guess that only applies to others cause it seems this does not apply to you.

I am the fraud?
I don't work for government and I don't benefit from the government in anyway. I develop software, database driven applications, design inverter backup systems and provide consulting services in areas like virtualization and energy efficiency to those who need them.

I love the way you were quick to paint a good picture of self there but quick to label me the clown, and now the fraudulent here. I am even afraid to ask how you came to that conclusion cause it seems I will only be stooping to your level. You probably think all that makes you better than the next man you have absolutely NO CLUE of. Typical!

Dude, you are FREE to believe what you want of me. I just wished you would learn to remove the boulder in your eyes before you go about cutting others down.  grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy
Re: All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. by Afam(m): 6:28pm On Nov 10, 2009
@topic,

It is rather sad that just one or two persons have been able to condemn the unnecessary name calling that some Nigerians living outside Nigeria bring to the table anytime they refer to Nigeria and Nigerians and yet the majority of those that have responded are only interested in diverting the issue and blaming it on envy and jealousy.

Give me visa, a free ticket and a place to live and work in the US or UK and I will effortlessly decline.

Funny how some people think that it is every Nigerian that cares or wants to live outside Nigeria.

Every single Nigerian whether living within or outside Nigeria to begin with is a Nigerian, no one can deny that.

No one (even if you are living in the moon) has the right to abuse or insult Nigerians living in Nigeria all in the name of wanting a change for the better in the country. After all Nigerians living in Nigeria are the ones that get to feel every single ill in the society from armed robberies to kidnapping and poor infrastructure.

However, if you are living outside Nigeria and you believe that Nigeria is hell or jungle then be it known that all your relations that live in Nigeria by extension are living in hell.

I worked briefly in the oil and gas and I can categorically tell you that the average American that gets retired while working in Nigeria usually gets back to Nigeria to settle as some of them are even honest enough to state the obvious about the many opportunities they don't have in their own countries.

If Nigeria is good it will benefit everyone, if it is bad it will affect everyone living in Nigeria and even some living outside Nigeria.

State the facts about Nigeria and everyone will be fine.

But unwarranted insults and abuses on Nigerians living in Nigeria based on issues ranging from ignorance to hate or stupidity will not be left unchallenged.
Re: All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. by Radiant(f): 6:33pm On Nov 10, 2009
So, only those who live in Nigeria can judge correctly? What a very weak conclusion.

How do you guys living in Nigeria know about what's going on if not for the media? That's also how we get our info and strength to argue.

Besides, what are you guys saying? That the country is not as bad as we see and hear everyday? Got a better picture for us?
Re: All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. by Beaf: 6:38pm On Nov 10, 2009
Radiant:

So, only those who live in Nigeria can judge correctly? What a very weak conclusion.

How do you guys living in Nigeria know about what's going on if not for the media? That's also how we get our info and strength to argue.

Besides, what are you guys saying? That the country is not as bad as we see and hear everyday? Got a better picture for us?

Nothing should suprise you, these days when govt has even stopped issuing passports to its own citizens or attending UN meetings.
[size=14pt]They are afraid of what is happening with the organisations abroad that have dealt with Ibori and Aondoakaa[/size] embarassed embarassed embarassed

Let us sit down and see where the current stupidity is leading.
Re: All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. by candylips(m): 6:38pm On Nov 10, 2009
ed
Re: All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. by Kobojunkie: 6:40pm On Nov 10, 2009
Radiant:

I can give you a “better” picture, well, at least what I have been offered over and over now. No, let’s make it 2 pictures.

a) Fashola is building roads and beautifying Lagos. That can be interpreted to mean ALL of Nigeria is doing better. Now, we do not consider the considition of the over 130 million Nigerians or more who do not live in Lagos because as long as Lagos is good(well, many the part of Lagos were we live or hang out) and we can talk of it, that is all. grin

b) Lagbaja, who lived abroad for 10 years, came back to Nigeria 2 years ago, acquired for himself a generator and other accessories. He started a business, built for HIMSELF a house. Hired cooks, maids, drivers etc, and so is making Nigeria a great Nation by that action.  Now never mind that Lagbaja probably does not believe in voting, petitioning the local government to work for the people, or at least the less privileged in society.  If you asked Lagbaja if he believed it is his duty to, let me borrow the  words, PRESSURE GOVERNMENT to do better for the people, He would probably tell you that he does not believe in government and would rather be content with the ALTERNATIVES he has for himself and his belief that he those alternatives already make me a sort of mini-Jesus in his own community, and Nigeria as a whole. grin
Re: All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. by donjon: 6:42pm On Nov 10, 2009
Nairalanders disappoint me!
It seems dat we only have hot blood when posting on this forum!
Why dont we turn it into reality?
Nairaland is a platform for us to plan protests, campaigns!
Just imagine 100,000 people marching to aso rock? Even if our demands are not met, the government will know that Nigerians have woken up!
NOTE: lets not deceive our selves, blood must be spilled to save nigeria, both innocent & corrupt alike.
Re: All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. by otele(m): 6:51pm On Nov 10, 2009
and i thought the foreign affairs section was the hotbed of nairaland.

it is even hotter in here grin
Re: All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. by Radiant(f): 6:54pm On Nov 10, 2009
donjon:

Nairalanders disappoint me!
It seems dat we only have hot blood when posting on this forum!
Why dont we turn it into reality?
Nairaland is a platform for us to plan protests, campaigns!
Just imagine 100,000 people marching to aso rock? Even if our demands are not met, the government will know that Nigerians have woken up!
NOTE: lets not deceive our selves, blood must be spilled to save nigeria, both innocent & corrupt alike.

Oh dear!  embarassed

Are you saying that NLders all over the world should fly down to Abuja and march to Aso Rock to save Nigerians living in Nigeria or perhaps save the country? Seriously, you need to tune into reality.

You sit and wait while we plan our "protests and campaigns". You need to be a comedian.
Re: All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. by Afam(m): 6:56pm On Nov 10, 2009
Radiant:

As to your first question - YES just as you are in a better position to tell us what is happening in the place you live in.

As to your second question most Nigerians living in Nigeria know enough to know when to disregard the media.

The media can be used and abused depending on who is paying the bills.

Ghana sustained a lie for over a decade about steady power supply in that country and even went a step further to celebrate 10 years of steady electricity fully supported by the government. This was a lie.

It is being stated in the media that power supply is almost non existent but in over 5 years I have never used a generator in my office and hardly use one at home and I don't use solar panels or wind turbines, just inverter backup.

As Majek Fashek sang, he saw beggars on the streets of New York. I have a friend who is very credible who stated he saw Americans pulling their shorts and emptying their bowels on the road.

While we agree that things could (and in fact should) be better in Nigeria no one should be under any illusion here that the developed world is paradise on earth.

I am aware of people who had to die because they could not pay electricity bills in the US and froze to death. I know for certain that there are places and people that are not connected to the grid in the US and all their lives they have generated their own electricity.

The issue is simple - Stop the insults and name calling. Stick to the facts or keep your hands off that keyboard.
Re: All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. by asha80(m): 6:58pm On Nov 10, 2009
Afam do you believe that nigeria in the early 80s is better than nigeria of now?
Re: All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. by otele(m): 7:05pm On Nov 10, 2009
@afam, some facts
a) the west is not a paradise
b)the media doesnt help much, the west is not as rosy as u see on tv, conversely, africa is not the hell we see on tv.
c)the west as least has direction and goals. but africa?nigeria? where ibori is celebrated, an openly corrupt politician is celebrated in nigeria with honorary degrees, cheiftaincy titles, even religious titles.

you saw what happened in parliament when some MPs were accused of financial misappropriation. perhaps u may want to check how much each individual was accused of and compare to what ibori et al are accused of. however, we saw what happened, even a speaker resigned from parliament-first time in 300yrs. there are theives everywhere, but in the west they hide. in nigeria, they are 'heroes'. that is the difference
Re: All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. by Afam(m): 7:07pm On Nov 10, 2009
asha 80:

Afam do you believe that nigeria in the early 80s is better than nigeria of now?

It is not about what I believe. It is about the reality on ground. I don't want us to personalize these issues.

My worry here is the unwarranted name callings, not whether things are ok or not ok.

After all Nigerians living in Nigeria do not insult those living outside Nigeria so why should such insults be condoned?

There are so many parameters that could be used to address your question and some would tilt in the affirmative while others would be in the negative.

It is hard to find a country without its own unique problems.

I know that corruption is rife here. I believe in death penalty for corrupt Nigerians. I believe that Nigerians should have the rights to own small firearms since the police cannot keep guns away from armed robbers. I believe that the average Nigerian does not know his rights and majority of those that know their rights are not ready to defend them. I believe that Nigerians that even complain about corruption contribute to the corruption by giving and taking bribes.

So, I believe in a lot of things just as I believe that the insults from our own brothers and sisters living outside Nigeria are unwarranted and should be condemned by all.
Re: All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. by donjon: 7:11pm On Nov 10, 2009
@radiant,
if only u knew!
@ least 70% of nairalanders are based here!
So what are u saying?
{2} disaporians dont have to come back home! Infact, they are more usefull to the struggle abroad!
They can protest the deplorable conditions of nigeria @ d various nigerian embassies around the world!
Radiant, u no know as d thing dey pain me
Re: All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. by jara: 7:12pm On Nov 10, 2009
1.  You can not stay in one place and know what is going on all over Nigeria unless you read newspaper, watch TV and go on internet. But most people in Nigeria can not afford to while most people outside Nigeria can. So they are better informed than those at home.

2.  The days of moving printing machines from one house to another running away from authorities are gone. Damaging info can not be printed in Nigeria, it can be printed and debated outside Nigeria and out of reach of the dictators.

3.  To appreciate Nigeria, you have to compare it to other places. Smiling and suffering in Nigeria is not good enough. Those of you who are blaming Diasporans make up less than 10% of Nigerians who are rich and spend whatever money you make outside Nigeria or on products made outside Nigeria. What about 90% of Nigerians?

4.  Diasporians send more money home to families than all of you care to spend on the same extended families. You only care about your nuclear families and live in places extended families can not reach you.

5.  The amount of businesses created by Diasporians employ Nigerians in various fields. They build houses in Nigeria they do not live in. All the money you people at home make legally and illegally are saved and spent outside. All your businesses employ cronies and you loot the banks or treasury.

6.  The dedicated Nigerians are the lower middle class that is disappearing and the poor who are exploited and have no where to go. Most others are oppressors who pay their workers low wages.

7.  Good Nigerians at home struggle to change but most of the loud mouths here love the status quo and hate those who call for change. It is true, Nigeria is a failed State and Ghana has to come and preach to you. You remember them? Those you kicked out!

8.  Diasporians will not stop until the poor man in Nigeria can afford three or two meals a day.

9. Diasporians are coming home in large numbers and making a difference. Nigeria belongs to us all and nobody is going to shut anyone up until the failed State become a Country for its people. It is THAT Country now, we must make it OURs.
Re: All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. by Radiant(f): 7:12pm On Nov 10, 2009
Afam, please get a grip. When we say "the country" of course we don't mean that every nook and cranny of the country is bad.

Generally speaking, the system is a shame.

Look at you boasting about having light in ur office and well, you can manage the supply at your house. If you understand how much that has been disbursed for power alone then you'd be ashamed to be happy with whatever supply you have in your house.

Entrenched corruption has left the people to settle for pitiable conditions. If you knew where Nigeria should be by now you won't attack the "Diasporans" but instead you'll attack those heartless rulers you kiss for contracts and whatever.

Let's not talk about health care now 'cause that is a miserable aspect of the country's system.

Nigeria is a failed country. It doesn't matter how bad you feel about this but that's the truth.
Re: All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. by Kobojunkie: 7:16pm On Nov 10, 2009
donjon:

@radiant,
if only u knew!
@ least 70% of nairalanders are based here!
So what are u saying?
[size=14pt]{2} disaporians dont have to come back home! Infact, they are more usefull to the struggle abroad!
They can protest the deplorable conditions of nigeria @ d various nigerian embassies around the world![/size] Radiant, u no know as d thing dey pain me

Solid!
Re: All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. by otele(m): 7:20pm On Nov 10, 2009
afam
if an armed robber steals £2m from u, u are unhappy and try to adjust to life and move on, but if u see ur friend who has only £0.5m living large on it, u realise what u could have achieved with ur stolen £2m and u get really upset. perhaps that is why nigerians abroad feel that way b/c we have seen what our country should have been.

I had the privilege(if u can call it a privilege) of being born and bred in britain, but I also had the privilege(real privilege) of coming home for xmas every yr for the first 20yrs of my life(thanx to Dad for that) I got used to seeing nigeria as poor and undeveloped until i became an adult and my Dad told me, unbelievably, that sometime ago, one naira= one pound. and nigerians never needed visas to go to UK, that we had it all and britons wanted to come and live in our land.

then did i realise why he was always upset with news from home. he has lived in both worlds in different generations. same thing is happening to lots of diasporan nigerians.
Re: All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. by Radiant(f): 7:22pm On Nov 10, 2009
donjon:

@radiant,
if only u knew!
@ least 70% of nairalanders are  based here!
So what are u saying?
{2} disaporians dont have to come back home! Infact, they are more usefull to the struggle abroad!
They can protest the deplorable conditions of nigeria @ d various nigerian embassies around the world!
Radiant, u no know as d thing dey pain me

LOL. . . the Nigerian High Commissions abroad are not run by the british or Italians. Those people can even be worse than the people in Nigeria, why? Because they depend on the same corrupt government. This is not media but personal experience.

Why will a Nigerian embassy not be able to pay it's building rent for three months? How do you explain that? How do you explain a situation whereby you pay 500 Euros to get a new Nigerian passport?

Those of you NLders in Nigeria should march to Aso Rock. The news will get across to us  grin
Re: All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. by Beaf: 7:26pm On Nov 10, 2009
In developed countries it isn't anything out of the ordinary to sport senators etc on the public transport system.

The day I see Dimeji Bankole on a GUO bus with ordinary Nigerians, I will believe the country is on the mend from being a jungle and a failed system. Because on that day, you would know that he has become accountable to the people (instead of a god of corruption with life and death power over anyone that dares. . .).

We don't even have to go as far as the developed World. Right next door in Cotonou, when the president is leaving home, all you see are a couple of armed police men (with guns pointing downward); they stop the traffic on both sides of the road and then hop into their two car motorcade. No siren. . . Thats it.
Re: All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. by donjon: 7:44pm On Nov 10, 2009
angry
Re: All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. by donjon: 7:45pm On Nov 10, 2009
angry
Re: All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. by walakolobo: 8:04pm On Nov 10, 2009
They tell you its because you dont have a visa to travel, thats why you dont see things like they do. how absurd?
Re: All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. by Afam(m): 8:07pm On Nov 10, 2009
Radiant:

Look at you boasting about having light in your office and well, you can manage the supply at your house. If you understand how much that has been disbursed for power alone then you'd be ashamed to be happy with whatever supply you have in your house.

This is the problem when you get to exchange posts with everyone on a forum. So, stating a fact to disprove a misleading information now amounts to boasting?

Done with you as with this level of reasoning there won't be any end in sight as regards your comments. It is fact that facts make nonsense of your position based on rumor and misinformation.
Re: All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. by Radiant(f): 10:27pm On Nov 10, 2009
Afam:

This is the problem when you get to exchange posts with everyone on a forum. So, stating a fact to disprove a misleading information now amounts to boasting?

Done with you as with this level of reasoning there won't be any end in sight as regards your comments. It is fact that facts make nonsense of your position based on rumor and misinformation.

Information officer, please take a chill pill. I call it boasting because you think Nigeria is not that bad only because you enjoy power supply in your area. There are still places in Nigeria that don't have power cables let alone power supply. Just because you enjoy light in your area doesn't mean the whole of Nigeria is the the same.

The government has spent $16 billion dollars on building new power stations and trying to fix transmission grids in the last nine years. What have they achieved? Light in your area?

Please, the situation is very bad and people still live in darkness daily.
Re: All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. by OvieE: 11:02pm On Nov 10, 2009
walakolobo

Re: All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue.
« #31 on: Today at 06:08:39 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bitter, Bitter, Bitter, Bitter about what? this is part of what we are talking about, bitter because you eat burger and i cant, bitter that you shop in Tescos and i cant, bittert hat you ride in the underground and i dont, bitter that you work in the cold and i dont, bitter about what? Please tell me, before you change the word bitter to the word jealous or envious as someone has just said.

I think it is the other way round - there is every tendency for Nigerians in the diaspora to be jealous, bitter and envious about the folks back home, the home they called failed, the home they called hell, they are bitter because most of their mates they left are now in a better position than them, why should anyone in Nigeria be envious and bitter or jealous about people abroad? We havent been there, lived there, got bored and left or what is it? Envious that you work in the cold, that you have to make rounds between train stations, or what are we envious about?

That part I bonded is very funny everytime I come across that statement. Funny you measure because if this people or mates back home are better, why do they call all the time and making all kinds of excuses to get money? Why do they come to our home and asking what we get them everytime we come to Nigeria? Why do they make a wish in from of us I can't wait to get-out of Nigeria? Why do they come and cook or clean for us when we do not ask for help. You better rephrase your statement because our mates that cannot stay away from their phone asking this or that.
Re: All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. by Sauron1: 11:36pm On Nov 10, 2009
walakolobo:

Yeap, they argue blindly- what is wrong with them?

There must be cotton wool in your cranial cavity.

Nigerians in diaspora know much more about Nigeria than the ones living in there.
Re: All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. by Eziachi: 11:44pm On Nov 10, 2009
Afam:

As usual this bloody coward has come to refer to someone he/she (funny no one is even sure of his/her gender) is afraid to address openly.

I don't work for government and I don't benefit from the government in anyway. I develop software, database driven applications, design inverter backup systems and provide consulting services in areas like virtualization and energy efficiency to those who need them.

I owe this clown no apology for what I do.

It’s said that you learn new thing everyday.
Afam, I never knew there are computers that run/powered on VARTA or TIGER battery for you to be able to do all those in bold. WONDERFUL!!!
Re: All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. by becomrich15: 11:45pm On Nov 10, 2009
My knowledge of nigeria is so good that you may find it hard to get someone in govt to take a quiz with me  on Nigeria. And I live abroad.

I am ready to take a quiz with dora akunyili live on NTA . She better start going to the library. joking
Re: All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. by SapeleGuy: 11:51pm On Nov 10, 2009
E be like say this diaspora thing nah the new tribalism. Another fine legacy from OBJ. Nah today our people dey stay for obodo oyinbo? So why all this bad bele today?

In order for us to grow, we have to accept constructive criticism and learn from it. All over the world, even in so called advanced countries, governments have their critics, talk less of a country that excels in finding new ways to fail its citizens.  

The issue I have with some critics is that their hypercriticism damns the hardworking men and women  of Nigeria for the sins of the democratic imposters who haver usurped power.

Having said that, I would like to praise FG but I'm still searching for one achievement of note to do so.

Please drop this diaspora matter, we already have enough divisions.
Re: All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. by Radiant(f): 11:54pm On Nov 10, 2009
LOL. . . some of them don't even know what's going on in the country until NEPA or whatever their name these days allow them to hit NL.
Re: All Diasporians Know Nothing About Nigeria, They Make Me Laugh When They Argue. by Radiant(f): 11:57pm On Nov 10, 2009
SapeleGuy:

Please drop this diaspora matter, we already have enough divisions.

Couldn't agree more.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Super Tuesday / Aregbesola Delivering Sermon In A Chapel, In Osun (pix) / Missing People From The Lekki Massacre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.