Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,296 members, 7,850,052 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 01:29 PM

Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? - Literature (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? (95404 Views)

Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! / Novels Are Time Sucking, Time Wasting Cooked Up Stories? / Which Books Are You Currently Reading? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by bagoma(f): 10:35pm On Jun 05, 2006
afeni, LOL, i guess you have a keyboard that have a mind of its own, i mean a runaway tin else why would it post here if you're reading a newspaper? cheesy cheesy cheesy (joke) cheesy cheesy
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by GL(f): 11:49pm On Jun 05, 2006
Nicolae (Left Behind #3) by Jerry Jenkins and Tim LaHaye.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by pearl2(m): 11:54pm On Jun 06, 2006
Lolita-Vladimir Nabokov
Reading Lolita in Tehran-Azar Nafisi
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by shawna(f): 12:30am On Jun 07, 2006
i am currently readin the memoirs of a geisha and so far its a pretty good book
oh and i just finished reading the catcher and the rye which was really good smiley
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Kadeejah(f): 1:41am On Jun 08, 2006
i jus read things fall apart, i can't believe i jus got to readin it embarassed
itz a pretti old book too lol
buh i wuz pretti gudd, nd righ now im readin da gossip girl series, all i can say iz wow!
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by kafero(m): 5:40am On Jun 08, 2006
The Great Investment(TD Jakes),  My Spiritual inheritance (Juannita Bynum)
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by gentleaura(m): 3:44am On Jun 09, 2006
Just finished with CSI: Binding Ties by Max Allan Collins, before that was A Painted House by John Grisham, lol Nice book,

yeah heading to d library again tmrw, get some 10 books that will last for the weekend!
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by hotangel2(f): 5:52am On Jun 09, 2006
As last i can add a good reply to this topic.

I sudenly got interested in novels again!!! I know i'll soon hate em. But at least for now, im back to reading.

Eric Jerome Dickey captured me.

Im presently reading "THE OTHER WOMAN" BY ERIC JEROME DICKEY.

Very good book i must say.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Zahymaka(m): 8:20am On Jun 09, 2006
African Women by Mark Mathabane
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by spikedcylinder: 8:36pm On Jun 09, 2006
bagoma:

yet to read doomsday , i have just made it a must-read now.

loved if tomorrow comes as well. master of the game too

sheldon is cool indeed.

If Tommorrow Comes and Matster of the Game are beautiful!Sheldon is a Don!
Am currently reading THE KID~Kevin Lewis.Very Similar to THE CHILD CALLED "IT" (by someone else i dont remember who right now)but nice and emotional read though.

How do people manage to read more than one book at once?
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by spikedcylinder: 7:57pm On Jun 12, 2006
Last weekend i read "Lets hear it for the Long Legged Women" by Paul Du Feu.Very funny!I loved it!

Right now am reading "The Ascent of Man" by Jacob Bronowski
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Zahymaka(m): 8:16pm On Jun 12, 2006
Orlok -- Don Dandrea

it's the story of Subotai, Genghis Khan's greatest general.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by edygirl(f): 8:59pm On Jun 12, 2006
I am reading my medical/surgical text book.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by howddy4(f): 6:47am On Jun 15, 2006
@ edygirl , i feel u girl, i am reading some pathophys textbk sad
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by spikedcylinder: 5:03pm On Jun 15, 2006
Zahymaka:

Orlok -- Don Dandrea

it's the story of Subotai, Genghis Khan's greatest general.

The story of Ghengis Khan facinates me.Is this any good?
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Zahymaka(m): 5:15pm On Jun 15, 2006
spikedcylinder:

The story of Ghengis Khan facinates me.Is this any good?

It touches on Genghis Temajin Khan in some places but I happen to find Subotai very fascinating. He it was who was responsible for practically all of Khan's victories - especially those against the Chinese.

I'll find a history of Genghis and probably one of Kublai [the Khan Marco Polo met during his travels]. I think history has been unkind to them, portraying them only as pillagers, rapists and such - because Mongolians and other nomadic tribes are generally percieved as being beneath others like Alexander the Great.

Remember the Mongols and the Tartars conquered the largest empire in the history of the world whose closest rival has been the British Empire under Victoria.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by trumic(m): 5:23pm On Jun 15, 2006
im presently on "the Davinci code" by dan brown

nice book it is grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Adewura(f): 7:48pm On Jun 19, 2006
i have just finished reading two books, sparkles and monday's child by louise bagshawe and the books a veri veri interestin and they are both page turners. about money, love, romance and singletons (i mean single chicks who have one night stands wit guys they met in clubs, parties or wherever). absolutely a good read.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by sweetnini(f): 9:42pm On Jun 19, 2006
Da [b]V[/b]inci code-Dan brown
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by hotangel2(f): 10:01pm On Jun 19, 2006
Im reading "shame on it all" by ZANE!
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by damygurl(f): 11:29pm On Jun 19, 2006
i luv dat book. you gotta read all her other books.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by spikedcylinder: 4:30pm On Jun 21, 2006
A few days ago i read Ogoju Ode Ninu Igbo Irunmale by D.O Fagunwa

(The English translation of course! grin)

Right now am reading Adultery for Beginners by Sarah Duncan,actually am just about the start the first page. grin
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by hotangel2(f): 4:35pm On Jun 21, 2006
damygurl:

i love that book. you gotta read all her other books.

I finished it, and i KNOW wat u mean by u love it. I LO VE THAT BOOK!!!!

Right now im reading, "he's just a friend" by Mary B. Morrison. Good so far.

Btw, i got my reading mojo back!! YESSS!!!
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Zahymaka(m): 4:37pm On Jun 21, 2006
spikedcylinder:

Right now am reading Adultery for Beginners by Sarah Duncan,actually am just about the start the first page. grin

Spikey shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by spikedcylinder: 4:58pm On Jun 21, 2006
Zahymaka:

Spikey shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

He he he! grin
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by damygurl(f): 7:35pm On Jun 21, 2006
spikedcylinder:

A few days ago i read Ogoju Ode Ninu Igbo Irunmale by D.O Fagunwa

(The English translation of course! grin)

i read the yoruba version when i was in Jss2. it was real kool.

hot-angel:

I finished it, and i KNOW what u mean by u love it. I LO VE THAT BOOK!!!!

Right now im reading, "he's just a friend" by Mary B. Morrison. Good so far.

Btw, i got my reading mojo back!! YESSS!!!
you will love Blackgentlemen.com. it's by Zane and some other peeps.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by sweetnini(f): 8:10pm On Jun 21, 2006
OXFORD advanced learner's dictionary 6th edition
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by GL(f): 1:11am On Jun 22, 2006
Carolina Moon by Nora Roberts
Left Behind #4 (Soul Harvest) by Tim LaHaye and Jerry Jenkins

I read one book by D.O Fagunwa in JSS 2 - The Forest of a Thousand Demons. I'm not sure if it is the same 'Ogodu Ode Ninu Igbo Irumale' book, but it also had a yoruba version. Can't remember the story, but it scared the hell out of me then.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by otolorin(m): 9:48am On Jun 22, 2006
i'm readin national telephone directory - 7th edition
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Zahymaka(m): 1:32am On Jun 23, 2006
No Outward Sign - Bill Neugent
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by otolorin(m): 9:13am On Jun 23, 2006
i'm readin ayanmo
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Shagari2(m): 7:48am On Jul 01, 2006
Understanding the power and purpose of man; Myles Munroe

Great book, recommend all guys and gals that like guys should read it! wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (100)

PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) / Blood For Blood:a Tale Of Treachery / A Story: Broken Vows

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.