Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,435 members, 7,861,207 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 07:03 AM

Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? - Literature (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? (95552 Views)

Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! / Novels Are Time Sucking, Time Wasting Cooked Up Stories? / Which Books Are You Currently Reading? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by djcrucifix(m): 3:38pm On Aug 07, 2006
right now i am reading the whole collection of the harry potter series cos i want to understand the books well before the final book comes out.

also reading james hadley chase books cos he his so good.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Zahymaka(m): 3:50pm On Aug 07, 2006
Just finished this weekend:

The Loo Sanction -- Trevanian
The Eiger Sanction -- Trevanian
First Strike -- Douglas Terman
Treasure -- Clive Cussler
Shock Wave -- Clive Cussler

I'm heading to the library to drop them off. I should pick some new ones this afternoon.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by LoverBwoy(m): 3:27am On Aug 08, 2006
Erm how many books do you read at a time?
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Zahymaka(m): 3:46am On Aug 08, 2006
I read all of the above in slightly more than a day so I guess it qualifies cheesy.

Currently reading:

Patriot Games -- Tom Clancy
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by iice(f): 3:30pm On Aug 08, 2006
Currently reading The Scorpio Illusion - Robert Ludlum
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by shawna(f): 4:38pm On Aug 08, 2006
Blind Assassin - Margaret Atwood
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by otolorin(m): 9:07am On Aug 09, 2006
looking for where i can get ANGELS & DEMONS - Dan Brown
its d next book on my list!
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by iice(f): 3:43pm On Aug 09, 2006
otolorin:

looking for where i can get ANGELS & DEMONS - Dan Brown
its d next book on my list!
very good book wink
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by otolorin(m): 3:44pm On Aug 09, 2006
have you got it? - D'yu know where i can get it? - whether hard or soft copy!
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by iice(f): 3:50pm On Aug 09, 2006
Yeah i got it, from the bookstore. . .you shud try the bookstores where ever you are (PS, am not in naija o)
Goodluck sha in your search, hope u get it wink
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by otolorin(m): 3:51pm On Aug 09, 2006
aiiight - tanks
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by spikedcylinder: 5:52pm On Aug 09, 2006
The latest issue of Cosmo! grin
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by tianshie(m): 7:22pm On Aug 12, 2006
ZEN In The Martial Arts- Bruce Hyams
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by shawna(f): 4:45pm On Aug 14, 2006
kicking fifty - Lisa Appignanesi
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by tianshie(m): 7:22pm On Aug 15, 2006
The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever - Stephen R. Donaldson
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Zahymaka(m): 7:50pm On Aug 15, 2006
Mickelsson's Ghosts -- John Gardner.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by ikamefa(f): 8:46pm On Aug 15, 2006
Angels and Demons- Dan Brown
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Ndipe(m): 2:48am On Aug 16, 2006
A Dakar Childhood by Nafissatou Niang Diallo.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by otolorin(m): 9:57am On Aug 16, 2006
ikamefa:

Angels and Demons- Dan Brown

how's d book like? - bin lookin for it for a while now.

if only i could find it in the stores here ,
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by enugu(f): 5:56pm On Aug 20, 2006
Currently reading Wole Soyinka's latest - 'You must set forth at Dawn'. The man has surpassed himself cheesy cheesy

also going through Sidney Sheldon's books( you know the back-down-memory-lane, kind of thing), 'Purple

Hibiscus'
by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, Debo Kotun's 'Abiku' and Chinua

Achebe's 'African Trilogy (the one with Things Fall Apart, No longer at ease and Arrow of God)
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Zahymaka(m): 5:59pm On Aug 20, 2006
I just finished:

The Drifters -- James Michener

Currently reading:

Gorky Park -- Martin Cruz Smith
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by hotangel2(f): 6:33pm On Aug 20, 2006
Just finished:
Between Lovers -- Eric Jerome Dickey

Now Reading:
So you Call yourself a Man -- Carl Weber.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by biomic(f): 6:36pm On Aug 20, 2006
just finished:
snow falling on cedars---------David Guterson

now reading:

Champagne gold--------Nicola Thorne
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by toptho(f): 7:49pm On Aug 20, 2006
He's just not that into you by Greg Behrendt and Liz Tuccillo.book about excuses girls make for guys when the truth is staring them in the face.it's a real eye-opener abeg
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by hotangel2(f): 8:14pm On Aug 20, 2006
@ toptho, i just requested the same book like an hour ago. Wow, girl is it good?
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by ikamefa(f): 8:15pm On Aug 20, 2006
otolorin:

how's d book like? - bin lookin for it for a while now.

if only i could find it in the stores here ,

should i say  its been enlightening so far , tongue
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by chidexy(m): 9:32pm On Aug 20, 2006
Have you read "Anne of Green Gables" and the sequels - One of the best and hilarious books ever. And the best of the pack is the "Don Quixote" - the two volumes. It was adjudged the best book ever written.

Finished The Maestro by John Gardner and I am in love with Vince Flynn's books on the new American Hero - Mitch Rapp - a counter terrorism expert - some of his books are Memorial day, Separation of Power, Executive Power, Consent to kill.

I have read all John Grisham's books and I have soft copies of most of his books. If you need them, just send a note and I shall forward them to your email.

The best way to lay your hands on new and interesting books is to form a reading club. I have about 4 friends who love reading books and we exchange books. The list of my books are endless - what am i even reading now?? Just finished Dan Brown's Deception Point.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by gem87(f): 11:28pm On Aug 20, 2006
An introduction to Psychology
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by toptho(f): 11:53pm On Aug 20, 2006
@hot-angel.the book is good,i was just nodding along with most of the stories,especially the ones of y he is not calling or maybe he doesnt have my correct addy/number.It's true if a guy wants u he will find u.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by camara(f): 12:31am On Aug 21, 2006
finished reading 3 women & a groom and absolutely unwiederstehlich.
now reading wachgeküsst
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by chidexy(m): 7:06am On Aug 21, 2006
@Camara, wie geht's? Just finished reading "Der Tempel" - war sehr gut and "Rosenrot, Mausenrot" by James Patterson - a German translation of his books. Couldn't lay my hands on the english version
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by jill(f): 12:26pm On Aug 21, 2006
I'm currently reading Irwin Shaw's Rich man, Poor Man. Beautiful Story. I also have the sequel - Beggarman, Thief close by.

Has anyone read- Monsoon- and its sequel- Blue Horizon - by Wilbur Smith?
Those books blew me away and I am not easily impressed. I'd definitely recommend them for anyone who enjoys a good Adventure novel with exotic locations like Zanzibar, The Turkish Caliphate, and Africa. There's a good mix of romance in it.

This is for lagos-based nairalanders who love to read but can't afford to buy all the books they desire ---

Visit Tejuosho Market in Yaba. There is a thriving book exchange market there.

This is how it works:
Go along with any one of your books and you can drop it off and pick any book of the same class for the little fee of 50 - 100naira. depends on your bargaining power and the state of both books. Its as easy as that.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (100)

PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) / Blood For Blood:a Tale Of Treachery / A Story: Broken Vows

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.