Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,381 members, 7,861,052 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:21 PM

Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? - Literature (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? (95549 Views)

Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! / Novels Are Time Sucking, Time Wasting Cooked Up Stories? / Which Books Are You Currently Reading? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by iice(f): 12:52pm On Aug 21, 2006
Cool tip grin
@Ikamefa, yes Angels and Demons was enlightening as in illuminati lol grin grin grin
Currently reading nothing lol, havent had time to go book hunting grin
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by camara(f): 7:46pm On Aug 21, 2006
hi chidexy worum geht's in der Tempel?vielleicht kaufe ich mir das buch
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by chidexy(m): 9:48pm On Aug 21, 2006
Hi @ Camara. Das Buch ist schon emphfelungswert. Es geht um die Inca Leute - Urleute in Südamerika. An adventurous book on how the American military got hold of an ancient manuscript that was stolen by some Germans from a Spanish monastery in the Pyrenees and the different groups set out to find a totem - carved out from a stone believe to have been a meteorite The stone has some strange element which could be used to produce a nuclear bomb more powerful than use of uranium and plutonium.

The book was written by an Australian - the only good thing to have come of that sub-continent.

Wo wohnst du in Deutschland??
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Raymand(m): 10:39pm On Aug 21, 2006
Im a Stephen King freak and i'm currently reading 'The long walk' cool
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by ikamefa(f): 11:02pm On Aug 21, 2006
iice:

Cool tip grin
@Ikamefa, yes Angels and Demons was enlightening as in illuminati lol grin grin grin
Currently reading nothing lol, havent had time to go book hunting grin

Finally ! some-one who gets my drift tongue, gal find the nearest library and raid it tongue "the mind is a terrible thing to waste" grin
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by hotangel2(f): 11:39pm On Aug 21, 2006
Finished reading:

Omar Tyree's -- Fly Girl. (yeah, u know dat was good).

Im now reading the sequel to that same book : For the Love of money --- By Omar Tyree.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by camara(f): 12:09am On Aug 22, 2006
ich wohne in ein klein dorf.es heißt Greifswald.kennst du da?
wenn nicht,es ist in die nähe von stralsund.
und du,wo wohnst du

now reading die hochzeit meiner besten freundin
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by aleroaruya(f): 3:01pm On Aug 22, 2006
'go slowly, come bach quickly' by david niven
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Zahymaka(m): 5:32pm On Aug 22, 2006
Just finished:

Gorky Park -- Martin Cruz Smith

About to finish the sequel:

Polar Star -- Martin Cruz Smith

Should get over with it in the next 1 hour. . .
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by naijacutee(f): 8:11pm On Aug 22, 2006
The four horsemen on the Apocalypse
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by chidexy(m): 10:28pm On Aug 22, 2006
Hi @ Camara, Ja, Ich weiß, wo sich Greifswald befindet, aber ich war noch nicht da. Bin momentan in Stuttgart, aber werde ab OKtober für mindesten 6 Monate in Berlin/Cottbus sein. Kennst du Stuttgart - in Schwabenland!! Schönen Abend noch!

Started reading the Golden Fox by Wilbur Smith today.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by debosky(m): 10:55pm On Aug 22, 2006
London Bridges - James Patterson
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Zahymaka(m): 1:16am On Aug 23, 2006
chidexy:

Started reading the Golden Fox by Wilbur Smith today.

Greetings! I thought I was the only one who liked Wilbur Smith here. cheesy
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by camara(f): 3:59am On Aug 23, 2006
ja ich weiß wo stuttgart ist.bin aber noch nicht da gewesen.
was machst du hier?
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by hotangel2(f): 5:36am On Aug 23, 2006
Currently reading: He's just not That into you. -- Greg behrendt and Liz tuccillo.

Im loving it so far. wink
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Phlota(f): 10:23am On Aug 23, 2006
wow, ive been lookin 4 a subject on bks. i read lots of novels.
Seun, ive read Heartsongs- Frieda's songs bt most of them are quite boring.
Danielle Steel- Dating game, secrets, Kaleidoscope, Five days in Paris, Vanished,etc
Jackie Collins- Hollywood divorces,
Barbara Taylor Bradford- Her own rules, A woman of substance
The babysitter series, SVU, SVH, Archiecomics
Tara Taylor Quinn- His brother's bride and other bestsellers like Anne Stuart
as much as i love novels, i dont read Sidney Sheldon and John Grisham.dont like their plot.
currently reading Marian Thurm- the clairvoyant and Susan Terria- Baby snatcher.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by ladenz(m): 11:27am On Aug 23, 2006
Dont you think you will enjoy the books more if you read one or two at a time? Not that I am innocent myself. i am currently reading 'Barbarians at the Gate" A true story about Wall Street in the 1980s. its very good and amazing. I am also reading a book online; Mark Twain's 'is shakespear dead?'. Lastly I am reading a proffessional book by Steven Silbiger and a book by Francis De Sales.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by chidexy(m): 9:30pm On Aug 24, 2006
@ Camara. Ich habe in Stuttgart studiert und mach aufbau studium in Cottbus. Was studierst du in Greifswald? Wie ist die Stadt. Im vergleich zu Stuttgart, ist sie bestimmt klein. Veilleicht komme ich zum Besuch eines Tages.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by rolake: 12:00am On Aug 25, 2006
tis "ANGELS AND DEMONS" rite now by Dan Brown. and "IT" by stephen King.[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][color=#990000][/color]
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by ladenz(m): 1:36pm On Aug 25, 2006
actually, ich ich actchung achtung kahn bayern munchen klose ronaldo der gool podoski poloski ballack achung mundial klaustern etc.

I hope you feel my flow. grin
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by gem87(f): 2:49pm On Aug 25, 2006
Intro 2 psychology
and dis is d 2nd time i'm sayin it
is any1 gonna ask me y i'm readin dat?
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by iice(f): 3:02pm On Aug 25, 2006
Ok i will ask grin why are you reading it? grin
@ikamefa, i feel you o so am gonna try raid the bookstores this weekend grin
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by ladenz(m): 3:09pm On Aug 25, 2006
@gem. Nawa for you o. You said they should ask, they ask and then you dont answer.
Achtung achung unserious ich ich mach mach pschology! angry
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by alarinjo(m): 3:42pm On Aug 25, 2006
Just finished Helen Oyeyemi's "Icarus Girl" and now reading her play, Juniper's whitening and Sefi Atta's "Everything Good will Come".

I loved Icarus girl, although the characterization was weak in certain areas but overall it was a great book, especially considering that she wrote it when she was 18 years old (while preparing for her O Levels). Sefi Atta's "Everything Good will Come" is absolutely gorgeous, at least so far. Brings back so many memories of growing up in naija.

Anyone read any of these books?
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by gem87(f): 3:58pm On Aug 25, 2006
iice:

Ok i will ask grin why are you reading it? grin
grin

ok i'll tell

ladenz:

@gem. Nawa for you o. You said they should ask, they ask and then you don't answer.
Achtung achung unserious ich ich mach mach pschology! angry

i'm readin it cuz i'm goin 2 uni dis sept and i'm tryna get a general idea of wht 2 expect since i'll b studyin Pyschology with Sociology
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by iice(f): 4:04pm On Aug 25, 2006
Yeah i figured as much lol but great course got a friend studying that course
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by gem87(f): 4:07pm On Aug 25, 2006
hmm, gud 2 c dat some1 is finally showin interest
thnx iice
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by iice(f): 4:11pm On Aug 25, 2006
Ya welcome. . .when you start school let us know how you are enjoying the course aiight?
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by gem87(f): 4:13pm On Aug 25, 2006
sure
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by FBI3: 6:13pm On Aug 25, 2006
purpose driving life by Rick Warran and i'm loving it. its talk abt knowing ur God's ordain purpose in life
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by EmemJU(f): 1:24pm On Aug 26, 2006
Currently reading again a book by John Gray 'Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus'. It's a must read.
Seems to have solutions to most of the gender problems.
'Mars and Venus in the bedroom' is another interesting one by same author.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Hugoboi(m): 1:35pm On Aug 26, 2006
Reading Dan Brown's DA VINCI CODE.THe move crapped out real bad.The book's off d bricks!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (100)

PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) / Blood For Blood:a Tale Of Treachery / A Story: Broken Vows

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.