Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,127 members, 7,835,795 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:03 PM

Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? - Literature (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? (95298 Views)

Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! / Novels Are Time Sucking, Time Wasting Cooked Up Stories? / Which Books Are You Currently Reading? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by techie(m): 11:12am On Aug 28, 2006
"Everything good will come" Sefi atta, "Purple Hibiscus" by Chimamanda Ngozi adiche

Two good books by Nigerian women
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by serubawon(m): 3:08pm On Aug 28, 2006
I'm a Tom Clancy freak. The guy just has this way of making the simplest thing very technical. His plots are world class and his books are extremely educational. I have all his books and i just finished reading "The Bear & The Dragon". I'm also a fan of Robert Ludlum and John Grisham. I have all their books too.

Currently, I'm reading Bill Clinton's biography: "My Life". I'm actually struggling to get through the book. I really like the guy, but his book dwells too much on things that are inconsequential. (however, they were important to Clinton). i guess my problem is that I really want to hear his side of the Monica lewinsky saga. More than half of the ooks dwells on his life b4 his presidency. I get a bit bored sometimes, but i'm still struggling on and i aim to finish the book sometime this millenium.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by profade1(m): 3:27pm On Aug 28, 2006
Second to the last book I read was 26a. Very good, very scary. shocked I identified with Georgia more than I cared to admit. It was like a pond inside of me had been stirred up and bottom silt had come to the surface.

Right now I am reading 'The mammoth book of new SF ( science fiction) 18.

Books by other Nigerian writers I recently enjoyed were Purple hibiscus and Everything good will come.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by mizkay(f): 5:03pm On Aug 28, 2006
Secrets about men every woman should know
Barbara De Angelis.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by imomoh24(m): 6:00pm On Aug 28, 2006
BREAKDOWN: the story of how the American Intelligence failed to stop Sept 11
By Bill Gertz

its really a good read
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by md4real(m): 6:41pm On Aug 28, 2006
I love reading detective novel.i have read books written by james hardly chase and also sidney sheldon's WINDMILLS OF THE GODS,DOOMDAY CONSPIRANCY and MASTER OF THE GAME.im currently reading DEMOLITION ANGEL by ROBERTS CRAIS and FLINT. they are all great novels.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by naijacutee(f): 8:26pm On Aug 28, 2006
The Secret on Ararat

Why you act the way you do - Tim LaHaye
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by tianshie(m): 12:49am On Aug 29, 2006
James Bond 007 in ICEBREAKER-John Gardner
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by KikiDixy(f): 12:33pm On Aug 29, 2006
I'm reading Elizabeth George's "With no One as Witness". I think i've read everything she's done so far, especially the "Linley" series. In my opinion she's the present day "Agatha Christie" and i love that british wit interwoven in her stories.

I've got quite a few to read after that. I'll getting Chimamanda Adichie's new book "Half of a yellow sun" out on September 12th.

i would love to read some contemporary new nigerian writers as well. Any suggestions anyone?
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by KikiDixy(f): 12:34pm On Aug 29, 2006
I'm reading Elizabeth George's "With no One as Witness". I think i've read everything she's done so far, especially the "Linley" series. In my opinion she's the present day "Agatha Christie" and i love that british wit interwoven in her stories.

I've got quite a few to read after that. I'll be getting Chimamanda Adichie's new book "Half of a yellow sun" out on September 12th, on Amazon.com

i would love to read some contemporary new nigerian writers as well. Any suggestions anyone?
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Hugoboi(m): 12:56pm On Aug 29, 2006
I'll be getting Chimamanda Adichie's new book "Half of a yellow sun" out on September 12th, on Amazon.com

The book is the bomb,
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by rolalove(f): 2:24pm On Aug 29, 2006
Am reading men are from mars,women are from venus by Dr. john gray.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by gentleaura(m): 7:32pm On Aug 29, 2006
Letters to a young brother by Hill Harper

Nothing could be more motivational for young guys !!
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by GL(f): 4:45am On Aug 30, 2006
Simple Truth by David Baldacci
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by imomoh24(m): 5:55pm On Aug 30, 2006
Has any1 ever read MATARESE CIRCLE by ROBERT LUDLUM?

Pls do find and read it.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Oracle(m): 6:12pm On Aug 30, 2006
Textbooks,
i have an Exam on Monday.
Post JAMB Exam
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by losky(m): 7:06pm On Aug 30, 2006
just finished honeymoon by james patterson

GL, david baldacci's simple truth is really good.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by danielorde(m): 7:31pm On Aug 30, 2006
Just started an interestiong translation of the Bible - The message, I am hoping I can finish the whole book the year end. Want to read for the fun of reading and relaxing, I think this translation is cool. It is wrtitten by Eugene Peterson, the Bible translation is title The Message - Remix.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by skima(m): 8:58pm On Aug 30, 2006
I just finished "Over The Top" - by Zig Ziglar Now am re-reading "Cashflow quadrant" - Robert Kiyosaki.

Love Inspirational books!
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by nico(m): 9:45pm On Aug 30, 2006
I would say the Playboy (August '06 issue. ). I took it from my cousin's closet while he was busy making out with his Gurl.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by donmayor(m): 9:56pm On Aug 30, 2006
16 Laws of Success by Napoleon Hill
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by gigitte(f): 3:58am On Aug 31, 2006
im currently reading a jealous God, how science continues to attack religion
very good book, but i think the author is a bit too obviously sympathetic towards catholicism and the vatican. im catholic myself but i think she could loose credibility for that.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by robby1(m): 8:37am On Aug 31, 2006
I am engrossed in the novel "the da vinci code"

You ougth to rerad it if u havent done that yet.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by nferyn(m): 9:11am On Aug 31, 2006
gigitte:

im currently reading a jealous God, how science continues to attack religion
very good book, but i think the author is a bit too obviously sympathetic towards catholicism and the vatican. im catholic myself but i think she could loose credibility for that.
Try reading Finding Darwin's God by Kenneth Miller. He explains how science and religion can coexist and how creationism is not only bad science, but also bad religion. Breaking The Spell by Daniel Dennett is also very interesting. It's an attempt at explaining and understanding religion from a naturalist pov without the usual condescending attitude some atheists show regarding religion (although he sometimes falls into that trap as well)
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by mkpirike: 10:39am On Aug 31, 2006
I tot I was in london, new york, how come nobody reads books like "my life in bush of ghosts-amos tutola. The potters wheel cyprain ekwensi, rape of lysistrata obi egbuna, famished roads b okri, on a darklin plain saro- wiwa,etc

If you are reader you start from lady bird series through, enid blyton famous five etc, grims fairy tales, ala bingo, juo obinna, ukwa rue oge ya oda, omenuko( if you are igbo) you graduate to mills and boons, denise robins hardley chase, mark bolan, nick carter, pacesetters(macmilan) passport of mallam illia, taleas out of nso, eze goes to school, one week one trouble, zainobe-kurum rukiki(forgotten the title)

you enter the african writers, mine boy, TF apart, Radiance of a king, gab boys, tell freedom, petals of blood, black hermit, african child, soyinka, beautiful ones are not yet born, ayi kwei arma, wretched of the earth, 48 guns,

you read the masters like grisham, ludlum, wallace, king, forster, fosythe, clancy, leon uris,

you read the classics, cashelmara, the idiot fydor dhoto, ovsky, the gambler, anna karerina, the mosquito coast, david cooperfield, war and peace-tolstoy, turin shaol crime and punishment, the russian writers are so good that sometimes when they describe a scene you dont know whether you are going mad or it is the author.

the read the motivationals like 48 laws, art of war, rich dad, cheese moved, richestman in babylon, art of seduction, positive thinking, mafia manager, covey 7habits,etc

then you end up with the memoirsand the likes of , maos setung, clinton, allan bullocks, hitler a study in tyrannym, Racist hugh trevor roper-hitlers war directives, my testament, because am involved, stalin, missing pages, henry kissinger, howard hughes, andrew carnegie, amazon, iron curtain, the massacre, the rev jim jones and the guyana tragedy,

this is absolutely abridged,the more you read the more your horizon is broaden, welcome to the world of books, aprei moi de deluge

1 Like

Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Hadrian: 12:27pm On Aug 31, 2006
I am reading "Christianity, Homosexuality, and Social Tolerance" by John Boswel. Highly intellectual book and very enlightening.

C
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Ibukun2(f): 1:11pm On Aug 31, 2006
I'm currently reading "Memories" by Farah Diba-Pahlavi. The biography of the former Queen of Iran. Very interesting, especially for me, since I am a Persian. But I can recommend it to everyone who is interested in finding out about the true Iran and not about Iran's spoilt reputation by this bushmonkey Ahmadinejad
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by pearl2(m): 5:01pm On Aug 31, 2006
@kikidixy.
You can read Helon Habila's Waiting for An Angel,it's a beatiful work of fiction.
How about Ben Okri? Most people talk of The Famished Road,I've read it but I can relate to Flowers and Shadows better.
And when you finish Adichie's new book mail it to me.I enjoyed Purple Hibiscus too.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by hotangel2(f): 8:47pm On Aug 31, 2006
A love of my Own -- E. Lynn Harris.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by gigitte(f): 12:29am On Sep 01, 2006
thks nferyn
the actual name of the book is a jealous god, science's crusade against religion. quite interesting. i will try to read the books u mentioned.

i would also like to read the christianity and homosexuality book
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by suprted(m): 1:36am On Sep 01, 2006
prof ade, 26a was amazing, but so sad. can you explain what you think happened at the end, cos i am not 100% sure. i am reading Segu by Maryse Conde now.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by camara(f): 11:41pm On Sep 01, 2006
@ chidexy,ich studiere informatik.Greifswald im vergleich zu stuttgart ist sehr klein.Wenn man will,kann man in nur 2 und halb stunde die ganze stadt rum laufen.im ernst,ich mach ja kein witz.aber für ein romantika ist hier einer shöner Stadt.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (100)

PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) / Blood For Blood:a Tale Of Treachery / A Story: Broken Vows

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.