Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,992 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? - Literature (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? (95086 Views)

Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! / Novels Are Time Sucking, Time Wasting Cooked Up Stories? / Which Books Are You Currently Reading? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by omogenikky(f): 9:31pm On Mar 30, 2006
currently reading "Children of Segu" by Maryse Conde (sequel to Segu). It's an impressive novel about the opening up of Africa, awe-inspiring.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by omogenikky(f): 9:33pm On Mar 30, 2006
who reads Catherine Cookson books, I absolutely love her books, those are the only books I buy, if possible I would steal them from the library,
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Zahymaka(m): 3:38am On Mar 31, 2006
I'm currently reading Clear and Present Danger - Tom Clancy
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Z4M4eva(f): 9:01am On Mar 31, 2006
A Distant Shore - Caryl Phillips
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Vieira(m): 9:52am On Mar 31, 2006
Zahymaka:

I'm currently reading Clear and Present Danger - Tom Clancy

Great Book
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Zahymaka(m): 9:53am On Mar 31, 2006
Yeah it's great. It's about my 19th clancy book. The guy's my man.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Vieira(m): 10:01am On Mar 31, 2006
I agree Clancy does write very good books and Jack Ryan is one of his best creations.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Zahymaka(m): 10:03am On Mar 31, 2006
You get to know everyone like your family -- from John Clark, Ding Chavez, Mary Pat Foley and her Hubby -- al of them. What makes him authentic is that he knows what he's saying. He doesn't just cook something up.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Vieira(m): 10:07am On Mar 31, 2006
Very true, I love Chavez!! I always think he will die soon. grin grin

For me I used to love Ludlum but since he died and his son has started writing for him it's not the same so Tom Clancy has taken over from Ludlum for me when it comes to novels about espionage and stuff.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Zahymaka(m): 10:14am On Mar 31, 2006
I'm a technical guy. Ludlum loves using guys speaking code and screaming in a different language. When Tom Clancy describes a submarine you'd think you were there.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Rolly: 5:14pm On Mar 31, 2006
Zahymaka:

I'm a technical guy. Ludlum loves using guys speaking code and screaming in a different language. When Tom Clancy describes a submarine you'd think you were there.

Yo! Z, its like u love this tom clancy o! direct me to one of his books so i can read maybe i can see what u really like in him as in give me a title, thanks
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by dafman(m): 5:16pm On Mar 31, 2006
Kane and Abel by Jeffrey Archer
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Rolly: 5:18pm On Mar 31, 2006
i read that, it was awesome!!!!! there was a part 2 to it. i think it was the president's daughter or something like that sha but i read that too and it was really nice. i loved it!
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Zahymaka(m): 5:23pm On Mar 31, 2006
Rolly:

Read The Hunt for Red October , Without Remorse or Executive Orders
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Rolly: 5:30pm On Mar 31, 2006
aright. thanks a lot. i 'm d middle of finals now but i'll read them and get back to u. thanks
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by mochafella(m): 10:39pm On Mar 31, 2006
Zahymaka:

Read The Hunt for Red October , Without Remorse or Executive Orders
@Z
I see we have a fellow Clancy freak in the house. I agree with Viera, the Ryanverse is very detailed and interesting.

@ Rolly
If you do read Executive Orders, make sure you read Debt of Honor b4 it. It will make more sense then.
You might want to avoid Without remorse at first. It can be tough to read. wink

As for me, I'm reading Rainbow Six and I'm still reading Blink by Malcolm Gladwell. It's taking me forever. sad
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Zahymaka(m): 11:06pm On Mar 31, 2006
I think I have much of the story from The Hunt For Red October(Ryan as a Junior CIA Executive) to Debt Of Honor (Mr President). Haven't read The Bear and The Dragon though. . . angry angry angry
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by mochafella(m): 11:32pm On Mar 31, 2006
Zahymaka:

Haven't read The Bear and The Dragon though. . . angry angry angry

It's sitting on my shelf along with Teeth of the Tiger and Red Rabbit undecided. Haven't read either of them yet. I take it you have read
Patriot Games,
Cardinal of the Kremlin,
Sum of All Fears and
Clear and Present Danger
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Zahymaka(m): 12:02am On Apr 01, 2006
Sure cheesy. I've only read Patriot Games from the Op-Center series.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by nike4luv(f): 12:04am On Apr 01, 2006
boy to girl by terrence blacker!

if this book doesnt make u laugh out loud, ask for your money back grin
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Zahymaka(m): 12:07am On Apr 01, 2006
If you want to keep laughing try Nelson DeMille. grin grin grin grin
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by my2cents(m): 5:34am On Apr 01, 2006
I am currently reading "The Art of War". Man, after 50% reading, I ask myself whether "the powers that be" read this book before going to war. Some of the things Sun Tzu warned against were definitely not heeded by the generals at all.

It's a good read. Previous books I have read in recent months are: 20 Immutable laws of branding, The Fair Tax plan, Copy This, John Adams, Benjamin Franklin and My life (Bill Clinton). As you can see, I am not that much into fiction grin

, and that's my 2 cents
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by kenshin(m): 9:12am On Apr 01, 2006
Finished reading a novel by William Shatner, The Law of War
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by kenniy(m): 3:41pm On Apr 01, 2006
any one read 33 strategies of war by robert greene?? i wanna get it but i wanna be sure its at least near as good as the 48 laws of power. pls reply asap!
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Z4M4eva(f): 2:34pm On Apr 02, 2006
Currently reading:

Some Kind Of Hero -- Donna Hay
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by ojd(m): 2:23am On Apr 03, 2006
Currently reading "The Mysterious Disappearance of Camilla Lyman" by Seamus McGraw
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Zahymaka(m): 2:25am On Apr 03, 2006
Currently [i]re-[/i]reading[b] Ajax in Action[/b] by numerous authors and I am Jackie Chan [his autobiography].
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by my2cents(m): 8:57pm On Apr 03, 2006
Zahymaka

Is that Ajax book the one from WROX? I like their books, but I didn't find it useful in the ajax case - I develop in JSP and though, yes, ajax is independent of programming language, I couldn't stand all the PHP code in there cry It's a good thing I only browsed it at Barnes. I am currently looking for one that deals with jsp. It seems the whole world is jazzed up about PHP (that's a topic for another day, or is it? wink)

, and that's my 2 cents
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Zahymaka(m): 9:35pm On Apr 03, 2006
Not really my2cents. It's from manning and the code alternates between .NET [VB and C#), PHP and JSP. The code's so simple I can understand the JSP portion. More importantly, the code tries to ensure most of it is client side -- how you generate your xml na your business [at least most of the time -- they just show a few samples and focus on the client side].

It's by Eric Pascarello and two other guys. Check it out. I got it from Amazon.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by my2cents(m): 5:27pm On Apr 04, 2006
Zahymaka,

Thanks my man. I will definitely check it out.

I knew I would learn something new everyday on this site. To the creator/moderator - A big Ese o!!
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by losky(m): 8:15pm On Apr 06, 2006
would u believe i read jeffery archer's kane and abel for the SIXTH TIME last february??
it inspires me,so i just can't get enuff of it,
im currently reading jeffery deaver's THE BONE COLLECTOR,which the movie is based on,and so far,so very good (infact better than the movie)
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by kenniy(m): 1:31am On Apr 08, 2006
i think cane and abel is the best novel ever written

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (100)

Blood For Blood:a Tale Of Treachery / A Story: Broken Vows / FEIRE - A Romance Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.