Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,068 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:50 AM

Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? - Literature (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? (95087 Views)

Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! / Novels Are Time Sucking, Time Wasting Cooked Up Stories? / Which Books Are You Currently Reading? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by nferyn(m): 7:59am On Jan 06, 2006
Actually, the Jack Ryan books were written out of sequence, so it's not the first one he's written.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by damygurl(f): 8:13am On Jan 06, 2006
no problemo. i'm gon sort my self out when i get to d library
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by WesleyanA(f): 5:03am On Jan 07, 2006
East of Eden by John Steinbeck
Sort of an allegory to the biblical book of Genesis esp. the story of Adam and Eve, Cain and Abel.
i'm not done yet but it's been really good so far.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by nike4luv(f): 5:27am On Jan 07, 2006
wesley, john steinbeck u read of mice and men?
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by 2nde(m): 5:38am On Jan 07, 2006
"I got here, you can too" by Bruce A berman
"Rich Dad, Poor Dad" by Robert T Kiyosaki
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by WesleyanA(f): 5:40am On Jan 07, 2006
Yeah. i read Of Mice and Men like 2 years ago.  cheesy he has tons of books i guess. i heard "Grapes of Wrath" was good too.
he also wrote Tortilla Flat. I never read them but there's a huge chance i'll have to read them later on. They're ones of the required books for College i guess.

I'm just reading East of Eden for fun because someone told me it was good.. It is!! It's mad long too though. about 600 pages. and it's small print. (Not too much for some people i guess).

you read "of mice and men". didn't you?  cheesy
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Soulful(m): 4:55pm On Jan 07, 2006
I've read Of mice and men and found it wonderfully exhilarating!! Truly great book...
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by nike4luv(f): 4:57pm On Jan 07, 2006
yea and watched the film, of mice and men is the text am studying for GCSEs..but i didnt like the way it ended

anyone read cathy hopkins books
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Z4M4eva(f): 5:02pm On Jan 07, 2006
anyone read cathy hopkins books

Yeah!the mates,dates right? smiley
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by nike4luv(f): 5:03pm On Jan 07, 2006
yea i just finished readin
the portobolo princesses

u read
pullin power
chocolate cheats?

i read so much i lost count
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Z4M4eva(f): 5:05pm On Jan 07, 2006
nike4luv:

yea i just finished readin
the portobolo princesses

u read
pullin power
chocolate cheats?

i read so much i lost count

Yeah...I have read all the mates dates
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by nike4luv(f): 5:07pm On Jan 07, 2006
oh cool

u read: be wise, evil spirits are real { a true story} authority over satan by archbishop gilbert deya

man i luv dat book!
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Z4M4eva(f): 5:13pm On Jan 07, 2006
Ok
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by crazyfunky(f): 6:58pm On Jan 07, 2006
just fnished the book "digital fortress" by dan brown..gd sturvs
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by nferyn(m): 7:02pm On Jan 07, 2006
It's the weakest of his books. His best book is undoubtedly Angels and Demons, a must read
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by crazyfunky(f): 7:10pm On Jan 07, 2006
i enjoyed dan vinci code , angels n demons n dreception point but digital fortress was a bit boring
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by bagoma(f): 10:28pm On Jan 08, 2006
I just finished "shall we tell the president" by jeffrey archer.
phew! what a tale. enjoyed it, no end.
nferyn, should be through as well, got some questions on some detail not quite clear.
trust you'd oblige me.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by nferyn(m): 12:18am On Jan 09, 2006
bagoma:

I just finished "shall we tell the president" by jeffrey archer.
phew! what a tale. enjoyed it, no end.
nferyn, should be through as well, got some questions on some detail not quite clear.
trust you'd oblige me.
Now, that's funny. I finished it just 1 hour ago. Couldn't catch sleep afertwards and decided to check Nairaland and look what I found wink
The book was very enjoyable. Archer is certainly not your average twelve in a dozen writer. I'll read more of his works

So, I lived up to the challenge and enjoyed it
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Rolly: 2:38am On Jan 09, 2006
Who has read " a quiver full of arrows" by Jeffery Archer ? i heard its a nice book.

i've read some of Archer's books and i think they are wonderful tales and he is a fantastic writer cheesy
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by bagoma(f): 5:21am On Jan 09, 2006
yes rolly, going by this very first one i just read. i'd say he is.
would certainly read more of his work. i'd go look for a quiver of arrows. i'm sure it will be a great read.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Rolly: 5:26am On Jan 09, 2006
With Jeffery Archer, it is sure to be a great read! cheesy
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by bagoma(f): 5:29am On Jan 09, 2006
@ nferyn,
what i dont get is this. you know the story started with edward kennedy being sworn in as president. the term is for four years, isnt it? so why were they talking about the gun control bill and something about re-election the next year, did the story jump to 2 years later, after the first chapter?
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by bagoma(f): 5:34am On Jan 09, 2006
@ rolly,
yeah, i just found out. and tot think that i've had that book for over 8 months now. wow, didnt know it was this good.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by bagoma(f): 7:08pm On Jan 10, 2006
just went back to check and found out that the story did jump to 2 yrs after. don't know how i missed it in the first place. now it makes perfect sense.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by spikedcylinder: 11:29am On Jan 11, 2006
Am currently reading [/b]The rule of Four by [b][/b]Ian Caldwell and Dustin Thomason

[/b]The Da Vinci Code by [b] [/b]Dan Brown
is equally good too...revealing stuff in it!
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Z4M4eva(f): 11:32am On Jan 11, 2006
I'm presently reading "The Waitress" by Melissa Nathan
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Z4M4eva(f): 1:39pm On Jan 17, 2006
Z4M4eva:

I'm presently reading "The Waitress" by Melissa Nathan

Finished that and I'm now reading

Love Happens By Sarah O' Brien
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by naijacutie(f): 9:20pm On Jan 22, 2006
Just finished reading Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden. Beautifully portrayed and I can't wait to see the movie.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Z4M4eva(f): 11:15pm On Jan 22, 2006
Z4M4eva:

Love Happens By Sarah O' Brien

Finished that and now I'm reading "Let It Shine" By Josephine Cox
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by kallylove(m): 12:13pm On Jan 23, 2006
Just finish reading "Loving And Giving" By GINA FERRIS.

And am curently reading "Safer Dead" By James Hardley Chase.
Beleive me!!!! the novel is quite good, it's full of suspense. It's a must READ.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by snazzydawn(f): 10:53am On Jan 24, 2006
I am currently reading The Crucible
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by oluwizard(m): 11:54am On Jan 24, 2006
na sport magazine hoo this time

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (100)

Blood For Blood:a Tale Of Treachery / A Story: Broken Vows / FEIRE - A Romance Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.