Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,791 members, 7,820,776 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? - Literature (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? (95189 Views)

Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! / Novels Are Time Sucking, Time Wasting Cooked Up Stories? / Which Books Are You Currently Reading? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Shagari2(m): 10:12pm On Mar 28, 2007
Brick Lane

Monica Ali

Monica is a wonderful young writer, she's a British lady of Bangladeshi parents and tells an all too familier story of immigrants living in the west and the clashing of cultures and values. A very good book. wink
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Ndipe(m): 2:52am On Mar 29, 2007
Shagari, Bricklane catapulted Monica Ali into literary fame, but critics claim that it did not live upto its hype. Her 2nd book, "Alentejo blue" has fared worse than her initial debut.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Nobody: 8:45am On Mar 30, 2007
Shadowland, by Peter Straub. Any fans of horror/ high-fantasy out there?
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Shagari2(m): 12:09am On Apr 07, 2007
Muhammad Ali His Life and Times

By Thomas Hauser

Truely the greatest!
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by neelsel(f): 4:01am On Apr 21, 2007
Midnight's Children by Salman Rushdire

The Bridge on The Drina by Ivo Andric

The Storyteller by Mario Vargas Llosa
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Ndipe(m): 4:52am On Apr 21, 2007
Measuring time by Helon Habila. For the most part< it is a deeply engrossing novel. I'd like to read "Midnight's children" by Salman Rushdie afterwards.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by jagalo(m): 6:48pm On Apr 21, 2007
am inthe middle of the "7habit of highly effective people" by stephen covey.

and please guyz, i need where to get a free ebook novels.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by lilian777(f): 5:48pm On Apr 23, 2007
Ted Dekker is da bom'. I'm "obsessed" with his books though i'm not reading one at the moment, got "Briefs" to crack!
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Hugoboi(m): 5:50pm On Apr 23, 2007
Robert Ludlum "Scorpio Illusion", >> Badd azz thriller
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by 1k001(m): 12:24am On Apr 28, 2007
Now reading half of a yellow sun by chimamanda ngozi adichie. it's an amazing book, higly recommend it.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by pearl2(m): 12:34am On Apr 28, 2007
Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Nobody: 5:30pm On Apr 28, 2007
'Blood on the Risers' by John Leppelman. It's an LRRP/infantryman's account of the Vietnam war.

An incredible book cool
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by lilian777(f): 1:27pm On Apr 30, 2007
So where do you people get your books in Nigeria?

@ seun,

Have you tried LATERNA? Its at oke Awo crescent, the street after where Access Bank Head office is located, like you are going to Eko Hotel from Ajose Adeogun.(i really dont know if i'm geting the correct spelling of these yoruba names)

But once you get to Eko Hotel round about and ask, you'd be shown the place. There are also motivational books.Then, man! You MUST try TED DEKKER books. That guy has DICTION! I mean ,discovering him is like a detour towards another kind of experience entirely. His Twists never ceases to amaze me! And, of course, there are other places too where you can get good books.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by lilian777(f): 1:44pm On Apr 30, 2007
@ Ziddy

I'm indifferent when it comes to horror.But, Stephen King is good. Have you read Sum of All Fears?
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by lilian777(f): 1:50pm On Apr 30, 2007
@ Ziddy

I'm indifferent when it comes to horror.But, Stephen King is good. Have you read Sum of All Fears by Tom Clancy?
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Nobody: 4:40pm On Apr 30, 2007
i havent read 'sum of all fears' but i've seen the movie. i used to be discouraged by tom clancy's books cos they're always very big and, and then i didnt have the time. but these days i read almost anything i see. I've seenplenty of ted dekker's books on the stands but havent read any of them. Christian horror, right? frank peretti and all of them, my sisters used to read that stuff----

but i'll give him a try one of these days. i like clive barker though (mainstream). he's fantastic.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by odada(m): 4:01am On May 01, 2007
THE LOTTERY WINNER
mary higgins clark

Alvirah and willy some of her finest characters in a whole new action packed adventure and investigation cool
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by profade1(m): 7:22am On May 02, 2007
'Why we want you to be rich' by Donald J. Trump & Robert T. Kiyosaki
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by chichimma(f): 11:47pm On May 03, 2007
Cat and Mouse by James Patterson
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Sekai(f): 12:23am On May 04, 2007
I am reading Long Walk To Freedom by Nelson Mandela, a fantastic man and am loving the book it is all about his life, a big thumbs up,
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Kadeejah(f): 8:31am On May 04, 2007
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by jesusfreak(f): 6:05pm On May 04, 2007
stephen king-Night shift
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by 8oracle(m): 2:37pm On May 05, 2007
My All Time Classic Re "The Man In Full, and Bonfire Of Vanities" By The Master Writer Tom Wolfe.

In these books you will learn a practical similiarities In Nigeria re also obtainable In Jungle enlightened USA
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by sassyann: 1:37pm On May 06, 2007
hey guys,have never really looked at the books page of this site. Just did today out of curiosity and boy have i had fun!
I'm reading Ra's and Dominobaby's posts and i'm like "wow"! Malory Towers,A vulture is a patient bird,St Claire's! Good grief! Those crazy secondary School days! I can't even remember the names in those books but i know i loved them.

And now,modern books have a way of wiping the beauty of those wonderful books! I actually read the Da Vinci code and my first reaction was to hide the book so my sisters would not read it! I am a christian and i had to remind myself all over again why i was really bornagain! It is a crazy book and shockingly,the lies(which is what the book actually is) are woven so much that it takes real strong faith not to believe them.! catch you guys later.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Nobody: 3:06pm On May 06, 2007
sassyann:

I actually read the Da Vinci code and my first reaction was to hide the book so my sisters would not read it! I am a christian and i had to remind myself all over again why i was really bornagain! It is a crazy book and shockingly,the lies(which is what the book actually is) are woven so much that it takes real strong faith not to believe them.! catch you guys later.

there's nothing new about the thematic preoccupation of dan brown's da vinci code. these are theories that have been bandied around for ages, the whole of the christian world is well acquainted with these blasphemies.

dan brown is in fact an attention-seeking plagiarist who shouldnt be taken seriously at all.

check out 'The Holy Blood and the Holy Grail'
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by sassyann: 8:56am On May 07, 2007
Ha! Ziddy.Do't think I want to read anymore of Brown's crazy books! I've heard of the Holy Grail and I'm not in the least bit interested in it!!!I"d rather just have some good old Robert Ludlum!!
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by uchetobi(f): 8:32am On May 09, 2007
Nora Robert - Born in shame
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by frankiriri(m): 6:35pm On May 10, 2007
Does anyone know where I can get the book ' Trading for a living' by DR Alex Elder
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by LondonCool(m): 12:04pm On May 12, 2007
frankiriri:

Does anyone know where I can get the book ' Trading for a living' by DR Alex Elder
@frankiriri,

You can get the book on Amazon (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Trading-Living-Psychology-Management-Editions/dp/0471592242) for £21 or fairly used for £14.99.Alternatively you could get the Audio Book/CD for £8.78 or £5.50 for a fairly used one (You could put it on your Ipod and be listening to it)

I'd suggest you get Dr Elder's [i]"Come into My Trading Room:A Complete Guide to Trading"-[/i]its an improved upgrade of Trading for a Living.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by chichimma(f): 1:04am On May 18, 2007
Pop goes the Weasel------ James Patterson
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by nonosexie: 10:49am On May 18, 2007
Harry Potter: Half blood prince. i cant get enough of the harry potter series
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by knotty(m): 2:30pm On May 18, 2007
COLLINS SCRABBLE TOURNAMENT AND CLUB WORDLIST.

only problem is i can never get to finish the book. it explosive, will drive you nuts with earth moving new words.

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (100)

Blood For Blood:a Tale Of Treachery / A Story: Broken Vows / FEIRE - A Romance Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.