Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,914 members, 7,838,263 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 06:13 PM

Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? - Literature (83) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? (95319 Views)

Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! / Novels Are Time Sucking, Time Wasting Cooked Up Stories? / Which Books Are You Currently Reading? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Suzanne84(f): 8:23am On Jul 02, 2010
In Dependence by Sarah Ladipo Manyika
Nice book, even though I think that the author rushed the story.
But if it works for her,
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 1:17pm On Jul 02, 2010

[size=13pt]
Wicca Demystified:
A Guide for Practitioners, Family and Friends
by Bryan Lankford
This was a great short intro to Wicca. It really made clear the difference between pagan, Wiccan, witch and warlock - I learned these are not interchangeable labels. Also, I like the fact that the book addresses (in short) all the questions that people usually have about Wiccan practices. I would highly recommend this to anyone who has any confusion on the topic. It's a great place to start. wink
[/size]
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by spicyhoney(f): 9:56pm On Jul 02, 2010
'Opposite Attracts' by Tim Lahaye.
A nice book. You learn about the different temperaments and why  people have some in built attitudes and how to blend with the different temperaments.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by adebayo201: 11:01pm On Jul 02, 2010
spicyhoney:

'Opposite Attracts' by Tim Lahaye.
A nice book. You learn about the different temperaments and why people have some in built attitudes and how to blend with the different temperaments.

i love dat buk very much grin grin
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by vescucci(m): 12:53am On Jul 03, 2010
The Cat That Could Open The Fridge by Simon Hoggart
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by spicyhoney(f): 9:54am On Jul 03, 2010
adebayo201:

i love dat buk very much grin grin

Yes, a gud one. So whats ur temperament?
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jul 07, 2010
Finally received my Steig Larsson trilogy.
Started the first book and the starting is a little slow.

I think there is a lot of unnecessary writing, I'm just on page 69 though.
Seriously hoping the pace will pick up.

I'd be very disappointed if the book is just a hype.
I spent over 30 pounds for them and i need some value for my money.

Maybe I'm a little impatient sha, I'm not even on page 100 yet.
Will give an honest opinion when i complete it.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Moyola(f): 8:52pm On Jul 07, 2010
The Midnight Hour - B.J
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by dominique(f): 9:08pm On Jul 07, 2010
Contagion by Dr. Robin Cook.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by vescucci(m): 10:01pm On Jul 07, 2010
Dominique, e be like say you be dokita. Am I right? Best Robin Cook I've read is Harmful Intent.

@Topic. The Great Gatsby
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jul 13, 2010
I seriously dislike Robin Cook.
Tried reading some of his books severally, couldn't get past page 3
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by iice(f): 7:11am On Jul 15, 2010
The art of deception ~ Ridley Pearson
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by MyneWhite1(f): 7:27am On Jul 15, 2010
I ordered them at the library but there is a long queue. Let me know what you think.

BlueDiva:

Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by dominique(f): 7:30am On Jul 15, 2010
contagion by Robin Cook smiley
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by rhemakc(f): 5:05pm On Jul 15, 2010
I married You ~ Walter Trobisch

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jul 15, 2010
Myne White:

I ordered them at the library but there is a long queue. Let me know what you think.

On pg 335 out of 538.

Nothing spectacular yet. Just average.
We shall see though. . .
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by tubabie(f): 9:04pm On Jul 15, 2010
Paths of Glory - Jeffery Archer
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by dayokanu(m): 9:47pm On Jul 15, 2010
Lolly
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by tubabie(f): 10:13pm On Jul 15, 2010
Dayo tot you had been delivered?
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by dayokanu(m): 10:18pm On Jul 15, 2010
You didnt complete the job of delivering me
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 11:24pm On Jul 15, 2010
[size=13pt]I really enjoy reading Ridley Pearson books. He never fails to entertain and keep me guessing and this book is no different. I have read several books already with Daphne Matthews and[i] Lou Boldt[/i] as the main characters and they are characters I like to keep up with. I would recommend this book and this author to anyone who enjoys a suspenseful crime novel. wink
[/size]
iice:

The art of deception ~ Ridley Pearson
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Tatase(f): 11:42pm On Jul 15, 2010
BlueDiva:

It does pick up. He definitely had a tendency to over-inform and get a bit technical but be patient, I did not find them at all overrated. I wish he'd lived to write more.

@ topic,

North and South- Elizabeth Gaskell
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by iice(f): 3:13am On Jul 16, 2010
Ogaga4Luv:

[size=13pt]I really enjoy reading Ridley Pearson books. He never fails to entertain and keep me guessing and this book is no different. I have read several books already with Daphne Matthews and[i] Lou Boldt[/i] as the main characters and they are characters I like to keep up with. I would recommend this book and this author to anyone who enjoys a suspenseful crime novel. wink
[/size]

Dunno jare. . .i was looking forward to reading two Kellerman books only for me to notice, my mother had taken off with them. . .i looked around and saw this Ridley book. . .didn't know i had it grin I'll do some more digging. . .i have books i don't remember buying hehehe.  So Daphe is the main character?  I was looking towards Lamoia.  I don't dig female leads.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 3:55am On Jul 16, 2010
[size=13pt]I can say you're a book worm just like me darling. . . . wow - i guess by now your bookshelves must have climb to the highest point  grin .   

I fee you so deep . you know? i like the idea for you going for Jonathan Kellerman  books in the first place. . .it isn't any co- incidence my dear  and still wanna recommend some of his books like : The Murder Book  #16  , Bad Love #8 , Devil's Waltz --- these books are hot !!.

keep digging as you find out the most interesting and latest books on board. . .  i will share and recommend anyone i've read .  wink

mmmm. . . .  then , your mother must have been allowing you to save alot of money , she do the buying while you do the reading LOL . grin

I have read several books already with Daphne Matthews and Lou Boldt as the main characters and they are characters I like to keep up with. grin grin
[/size]

iice:

Dunno jare. . .i was looking forward to reading two Kellerman books only for me to notice, my mother had taken off with them. . .i looked around and saw this Ridley book. . .didn't know i had it grin I'll do some more digging. . .i have books i don't remember buying hehehe.  So Daphe is the main character?  I was looking towards Lamoia.  I don't dig female leads.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 4:35am On Jul 16, 2010

[size=13pt]Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1)
by Jeaniene Frost
After reading the first few pages of that book I was already mentally slapping myself for letting this book sit on my TBR shelf for so long: This book was beyond awesome! I've heard many mentions of Cat and Bones before, but I really under estimated them. Lots of laugh-out-loud fun. grin grin grin grin

Cat is the result of her mother being raped by a vampire. Brought up in a religious family and been drilled by her mother into believe vampires are evil, Cat is hunting vampires on her own since age 16, after being raped herself. Not everything works as planned when one of the vampires she plans to kill ganks her first.
Being offered a less than appealing deal, Cat will agree to team with Bones, a 200ish years old vampire, to kill some more blood-suckers of his choice. She will find a lot more then she bargained for though. . . . . . . smiley

I don't even know where to start to tell you how good this book was. I instantly fell in love with both Cat and Bones. He keeps calling her Pet, Kitten, Luv and it kind of reminded me of Spike in Buffy Vampire Slayer.
They have a pretty interesting relationship together and between the beatings, fights and vampire slaying, Cat will have to question everything she believes in.

The story is fabulous, face-paced, action-packed. It usually takes me about a week to read a book and I read that one within 2 days, I could barely put it down. grin grin grin

I have to admit I was slightly disappointed with the end, not that it wasn't good, but I was hoping for a different one. I really can't wait see what's next on the plate for these two. I already ordered the following three books and they can't get here fast enough! wink

Bottom line, if you haven't read this series yet, or if like me you have this book sitting on your TBR pile, you need to start reading it now! What are you still doing here? I said go on and read it now =P
Jokes aside, that book is fabulous, a must read! kiss kiss kiss wink
[/size]
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by iice(f): 4:57am On Jul 16, 2010
Ogaga4Luv:

[size=13pt]I can say you're a book worm just like me darling. . . . wow - i guess by now your bookshelves must have climb to the highest point  grin .   

I fee you so deep . you know? i like the idea for you going for Jonathan Kellerman  books in the first place. . .it isn't any co- incidence my dear  and still wanna recommend some of his books like : The Murder Book  #16  , Bad Love #8 , Devil's Waltz --- these books are hot !!.

keep digging as you find out the most interesting and latest books on board. . .  i will share and recommend anyone i've read .  wink

mmmm. . . .  then , your mother must have been allowing you to save alot of money , she do the buying while you do the reading LOL . grin

I have read several books already with Daphne Matthews and Lou Boldt as the main characters and they are characters I like to keep up with. grin grin
[/size]

Lol my list of Kellerman is almost complete.  I'm missing only about 4 books in my collection cheesy  I love him.  I so totally understand his work.  Devil waltz and Dr Death are some of my favorites.

Lol. . .yes she does buy some books. . .i have two 'The Constant Gardener' from her.  Whilst my brother's own copy is with me. . .so yes my bookshelf has given up.  My dresser and bed and table are crawling with books lipsrsealed
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by maedan(f): 6:02am On Jul 16, 2010
The Arabian Nights (original, unabridged version). These Arabs write some very nice poetry! Loving the stories tho' they do go on and on. . . .
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 3:25pm On Jul 17, 2010
[size=13pt]When are you going to finish reading em all. . . ? well , was thinking you haven't even known those kellerman's books not until now i knew you're truly book worm and i give you thumb up darling. . . . LOL grin wink
[/size]

iice:

Lol my list of Kellerman is almost complete.  I'm missing only about 4 books in my collection cheesy  I love him.  I so totally understand his work.  Devil waltz and Dr Death are some of my favorites.

Lol. . .yes she does buy some books. . .i have two 'The Constant Gardener' from her.  Whilst my brother's own copy is with me. . .so yes my bookshelf has given up.  My dresser and bed and table are crawling with books lipsrsealed

Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by iice(f): 3:56pm On Jul 17, 2010
I've already them all, just the ones i don't have are the only ones i haven't read. . .well and the ones my mom took off with.
Hmmmm erhhh i've been on Kellerman since like 2yrs ago undecided Someone even recommended Patricia Cornwell, since the premise of their work is similar. But i don't dig female writers or protagonists. Didn't enjoy the one Cornwell i read.

And i'm not a bookworm cheesy Movies are more my domain.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by spikedcylinder: 4:55pm On Jul 19, 2010
Just finished Alfred Hitcock's A Month of Mystery. Great read.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by denzel2009: 6:07pm On Jul 19, 2010
48 Laws of Power - Robert Greene audiobook
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Moyola(f): 9:19pm On Jul 20, 2010
Unfinished Business - B.J

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (100)

PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) / Blood For Blood:a Tale Of Treachery / A Story: Broken Vows

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.