Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,324 members, 7,860,777 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 04:10 PM

Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? (22122 Views)

Poll: Is there any acceptable excuse for beating up your lover?

Yes: 23% (15 votes)
No: 76% (49 votes)
This poll has ended

Please, Why Is This Man Not Happy On His Wedding Day? (photo) / Can You Go Down On Your Knees To Beg A Man Not To Leave? / Is It Ever Ok For A Man To Hit A Woman: If She Hits Him First? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by gameaddict(m): 3:49pm On Nov 11, 2009
i also wish to  state once again that i have never hit nor do i plan to hit women. this is just to determine the reasons for certain sentiments and principle. i hate it when people just express opinions or hold silly principles that can not be backed up. this s not about lovers or morals. everyone knows fighting, discrimination and bullying is wrong in the first place. missy b and others should take note of that.
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by lovemoi2(f): 3:53pm On Nov 11, 2009
^^^^^^
did u not click on romance section and clicked new topic?

if this was not about romance, then WHY DID YOU NOT put the topic in general forum or nairaland?
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by MissyB1(m): 3:53pm On Nov 11, 2009
gameaddict:

I asked for a reason for your sentiments and opinions and you were attacking me instead. argumentum ad hominem. You should read the recent posts to understand better.
You should thank Your stars I was too nice in ma first reply.
When a 40 year old man begins to ask for reasons not to bedwet . . . . .Trouble deh.
How do You expect to ask such a dumb Question and be applauded for it? undecided
T's like asking 4 reasons why killing someone is bad. Need I ask how old You are?

gameaddict:

This is not about being gentlemanly. Imagine a woman of considerable size and strength attacking a weaker male. If the male were to retaliate and win the fight, he'd be labeled as a woman beater. Enough with society's perception. Give me one good reason to ponder on and I'll thank you for it. THANKS.
It's about having a good training on how to comport oneself.
If a woman hits a man first, t's abuse and she ought to pay 4 it
no matter who won the fight and same applies to a man.
On no account must You fight wiff anyone . . . . .Is that so difficult to grasp? undecided
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by MissyB1(m): 3:56pm On Nov 11, 2009
gameaddict:

i also wish to  state once again that i have never hit nor do i plan to hit women. this is just to determine the reasons for certain sentiments and principle. i hate it when people just express opinions or hold silly principles that can not be backed up. this s not about lovers or morals. everyone knows fighting, discrimination and bullying is wrong in the first place. missy b and others should take note of that.
Then, what the flying Bleep is the problem here?
You know it's wrong to bully anyone (man or woman) and
You still want us to give You reason why? You've just confirmed ma presumption -
You opened this thread in order to get attention. Yes or Yes?
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by talk2sulta: 4:06pm On Nov 11, 2009
Missy B:

On no account must You fight wiff anyone . . . . .Is that so difficult to grasp? undecided

Nobody sets out on an early morning looking for whom to fight,but if you find yourself in a situation where fighting your way out is the only option,I suppose you would still remain the gentle lady you are?.one dimensional reasoning?
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by Shola2009(m): 4:09pm On Nov 11, 2009
hmm  grin
missy doesn't take any prisoners oo
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by gameaddict(m): 4:12pm On Nov 11, 2009
I hardly visit the general section. I thought this would be a good place to get sensible replies knowing that people visit this section regularly.

@ Missy B. I stopped trying to get attention in my childhood. I think the fact that I wish to know the reason for other people's opinion and not force mine on them is proof of the fact that I am not a child. I asked for reasons for your opinions and I am yet to receive any. I did not ask the question to get attention. I hardly ever post things not related to programming or gaming on this forum. I noticed principles and sentiments i could not accept given certain conditions instead of educating me, You are engaging me in a battle of words. The fact that something like fighting is not good does not mean people don't do it. Understanding the causes and effects of this issues including why and how people respond to them is what i am trying to understand. If you can not give a reason for your thoughts, then please allow others to give their reasons. DO NOT HINDER ME FROM LEARNING OF OTHER PEOPLES OPINIONS.
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by MissyB1(m): 4:14pm On Nov 11, 2009
talk2sulta:

but if you find yourself in a situation where fighting your way out is the only option,I suppose you would still remain the gentle lady you are?.one dimensional reasoning?
I'D either remain calm and take the issue to authorities higher than him.(Best option)
                              OR
I'D retaliate if ma emotion gets the better part of me BUT I'D be fighting to defend maself not to abuse him/her.

Liken the second option to murder (abuse) and involuntary manslaughter (defense).
While Manslaughter could be considered in the court of law, murder wouldn't.
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by gameaddict(m): 4:17pm On Nov 11, 2009
@ MISSY B. Nobody was talking about abusing him/her. We are talking of the two of them getting angry and fighting.

WHEN DID WE GET TO KILLING?

ULTRA VIOLENCE IS ABOUT TO STEP IN?
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by talk2sulta: 4:23pm On Nov 11, 2009
Missy B:

I'D either remain calm and take the issue to authorities higher than him.(Best option)
                              OR
I'D retaliate if ma emotions gets the better part of me BUT I'D be fighting to defend maself not to abuse him/her.

Liken the second option to murder (abuse) and involuntary manslaughter (defense).
While Manslaughter could be considered in the court of law, murder wouldn't.

thanks for the response,I believe you are saying it is permissible to hit a woman,when you have a cause to,either acting in self defense or otherwise.The same holds true for a man.
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by romsky: 4:23pm On Nov 11, 2009
rubbish
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by MissyB1(m): 4:28pm On Nov 11, 2009
gameaddict:

@ MISSY B. Nobody was talking about abusing him/her. We are talking of the two of them getting angry and fighting.
Stop entrapping Yourself with Your words jare.
First it was a dude hitting a Lady, now it's 2 of 'em getting angry and fighting.
However, whoever hits first is still more guilty and woe betide him if the
other party doesn't retaliate . . . .Then, t'is abuse.

Shola2009:

hmm grin
missy doesn't take any prisoners oo
tongue tongue

gameaddict:

WHEN DID WE GET TO KILLING?

ULTRA VIOLENCE IS ABOUT TO STEP IN?
Ma friend, do You know what it means to liken something to anatha? undecided

talk2sulta:

thanks for the response,I believe you are saying it is permissible to hit a woman,when you have a cause to,either acting in self defense or otherwise.The same holds true for a man.
I'm saying . . . Hitting a woman back because she hit You first
could be understandable and wouldn't be seen as abuse (Even tho a Gentleman shouldn't retaliate tongue) but If You hit first and the woman doesn't retaliate . . . . .
T's Pure abuse.
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by Ben13: 4:31pm On Nov 11, 2009
hmmm
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by Nobody: 4:37pm On Nov 11, 2009
It takes principle for one not to come to blows in a heated argument. That is to say you lack principle or selfcontrol if violence is your response to such situations, whether male or female. We can't all be perfect but at the same we need to strive at perfection, in this case not letting our emotions take the better of us. The issue of not hitting a woman comes from the fact that most men are physically stronger than women. There's emphasis on "physically" because the poster wants to conclude that in all aspects of life even in the abstract,women are weak which is undeniably not correct.

Only a mad woman would go and challenge someone bigger than she is, not even her fellow woman.
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by Shola2009(m): 4:42pm On Nov 11, 2009
hmmm . . . . well said
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by gameaddict(m): 4:53pm On Nov 11, 2009
@ Missy B. It seems you imagine my post as a quest to justify hitting women and as such you have decided to fight for women all over the world cuz you think we are going to conclude that there is nothing wrong with beating( Hope you realize the difference) women. congratulations! you are our hero.  grin

Well, I am glad that I received a few sensible replies and I am happy to know that there are people who reason daily. May God bless those who have decided to judge and label me a woman beater already. I knew it was going to happen.

I hope we all agree that there is no reason why a man should hit anybody( i know, violence. thats his business) and be labeled a woman beater except in certain circumstances. No more generalizations.

Anybody that still has a reason apart from love, gentlemanly and related things should post and educate us.

We all know they are wrong for fighting. Shame on them and anyone who resorts to violence for any trivial issue. The only problem is when the man is being labeled for fighting against the woman who was also fighting (get it? ).

Thank you.
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by gameaddict(m): 5:02pm On Nov 11, 2009
@ stillwaters. I didn't conclude that women were weaker than men. I only made a point to counter the opinion that women are genetically weaker than men. I think both sexes are equal in every respect.

Regarding violence, thats their business and not the point. The sentiments and principles some people express is what i have problems with.
Especially when it leads to labeling and discrimination.
angry embarassed undecided smiley
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by lovemoi2(f): 5:13pm On Nov 11, 2009
angry angry this topic don tire me ohhhhh
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by bisiaet: 12:20pm On Nov 12, 2009
Pls no reason dont just do it, it is highly embarrassing ok.
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by ekitikan(m): 12:34pm On Nov 12, 2009
first thing first,I do not support or condone violent at all (male versus male,female versus female,male versus female) but if we look into human behaviour we would note that violence is an in born thing eg a child that his biscuit was snatched by his mate would either cry or fight back.
Haven said this there are so many reasons for a man not to hit a woman,but if we want to be realistic about it,there are very few marriages that have not experienced the husband hitting the wife once (please i stand corrected).So many people are guilty of this and it takes great self control and a great deal of patience not to fall into the temptation,however there are some women who are very difficult to live with but i still dont think beating her up is the solution as cutting off the head is not a solution to headache.
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by Maxidoe(m): 12:42pm On Nov 12, 2009
1.Because you are supposed to be a gentleman

2.Because there is no scene you cant walk away from.

3.Because you are supposed to have self control

4.Because you have loved ones,sisters,cousins,nieces.

5.Because you ought to have self respect and esteem

6.Because you are a man,strong and not a coward

7.And most importantly BECAUSE YOU CAN SUBDUE A WOMAN WITHOUT HITTING HER EVEN IS SHE HITS YOU FIRST,that's if you are a real man
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by Nobody: 12:50pm On Nov 12, 2009
I just wish Seun will just start charging money for posting here!, mscheeeeeeeeeeew!
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by denony(m): 12:57pm On Nov 12, 2009
IT STARTED FROM AGES
IT'S IN THE COMMANDMENT

THOU SHALL NOT HIT A WOMAN
FOR THEY ARE WEAKER AND IMOTIONAL shocked
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by NeroPapas(m): 12:58pm On Nov 12, 2009
There are a thousand and one reasons for a  man could hit a woman even without her hitting him first. But that doesn't make a man by hitting a woman at slightest provocation. What makes a man is how to deal with them in such occassions because women generally could be a pain in the ass atimes.

But if a woman makes the mistake of hitting you first, my broda, Don't think twice to correct that mistake by giving it to her real hard. grin
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by jidobaba(m): 1:00pm On Nov 12, 2009
am in a real foul mood. any woman hit me right now, i'll probably give her the beating of her life.
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by Pharoh: 1:08pm On Nov 12, 2009
Interesting thread

ekitikan:

first thing first,I do not support or condone violent at all (male versus male,female versus female,male versus female) but if we look into human behaviour we would note that violence is an in born thing eg a child that his biscuit was snatched by his mate would either cry or fight back.
Haven said this there are so many reasons for a man not to hit a woman,but if we want to be realistic about it,there are very few marriages that have not experienced the husband hitting the wife once (please i stand corrected).So many people are guilty of this and it takes great self control and a great deal of patience not to fall into the temptation,however there are some women who are very difficult to live with but i still dont think beating her up is the solution as cutting off the head is not a solution to headache.

So whats the solution if i may ask? I would like to hear from the ladies what solution they have for a difficult woman or a woman that has a taunting and bad mouth.

Maxidoe:

1.Because you are supposed to be a gentleman

2.Because there is no scene you cant walk away from.

3.Because you are supposed to have self control

4.Because you have loved ones,sisters,cousins,nieces.

5.Because you ought to have self respect and esteem

6.Because you are a man,strong and not a coward

7.And most importantly BECAUSE YOU CAN SUBDUE A WOMAN WITHOUT HITTING HER EVEN IS SHE HITS YOU FIRST,that's if you are a real man

1) What about the gentle ladies?

2) Wrong not all scene brother

3) What about the women?

4) She also has the same thing like the man

5) Applicable to both parties

6) Strenght is not the only weapon for fighting

7) who justifies this subdue you are talking about? You or the soceity?

Enough of all this real man talk lets address the real women as well.

@Post

A man should not hit a woman if she did not hit him first but otherwise i would not want to condemn the man for hitting back. Both actions are not justifiable so lets leave the real and gentle man out of the issue. Treat an issue from the source and not from the result.
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by mellow(m): 1:19pm On Nov 12, 2009
If you sabi hit woman one day you go meet the woman weh sabi hit you.
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by saviola77(m): 1:21pm On Nov 12, 2009
@asha 08
You asked why a woman will hit a man; well i saw one today, just outside where i work. she beat a man to the ground with her with her very good kung fu skills. just so you know, there are women out there who wont miss an opportunity for a fight with anybody - man or woman.
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by Maxidoe(m): 1:34pm On Nov 12, 2009
Pharoh:

Interesting thread

So whats the solution if i may ask? I would like to hear from the ladies what solution they have for a difficult woman or a woman that has a taunting and bad mouth.

1) What about the gentle ladies?

2) Wrong not all scene brother

3) What about the women?

4) She also has the same thing like the man

5) Applicable to both parties

6) Strenght is not the only weapon for fighting

7) who justifies this subdue you are talking about? You or the soceity?

Enough of all this real man talk lets address the real women as well.

@Post

A man should not hit a woman if she did not hit him first but otherwise i would not want to condemn the man for hitting back. Both actions are not justifiable so lets leave the real and gentle man out of the issue. Treat an issue from the source and not from the result.

1.The topic is why should a man not hit a woman and not vice versa

2.If it is a woman,then sure no scene u cant walk away from

3.That is why you are the man(Naturally women are emotional and find it difficult to control themselves)

4.Of course but bro you know you cant compare

5.You should be conscious of it if they are not,that's why you are the man

6.Then maybe cowardice is

7.Its all upto u, it dosent matter if the society thinks 1+1 is not 2

I would always condemn a man who hits a woman,cos their is no reason to,i wud always condemn a man who hits my sister,niece,cousin,wife no matter the reason
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by jalether(m): 1:43pm On Nov 12, 2009
The only sensible and objective post on this thread is blood shed's, I can see NL ladies are very smart, they strategically chose not to challenge

Blood shed's post cheesy but rather pounce on the poster. the key points here is violent of any sort is immoral and should not be condoned however

If you as a lady is man enough to beat/attack a man physically then you must be man enough to receive a dose of your own medicine. EOD
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by Pharoh: 2:01pm On Nov 12, 2009
Maxidoe:

1.The topic is why should a man not hit a woman and not vice versa

2.If it is a woman,then sure no scene u cant walk away from

3.That is why you are the man(Naturally women are emotional and find it difficult to control themselves)

4.Of course but bro you know you cant compare

5.You should be conscious of it if they are not,that's why you are the man

6.Then maybe cowardice is

7.Its all upto u, it dosent matter if the society thinks 1+1 is not 2

I would always condemn a man who hits a woman,cos their is no reason to,i wud always condemn a man who hits my sister,niece,cousin,wife no matter the reason

I get you brother and i would also not take it likely with someone that hit my sister as well but i just don't want us to be blind to the issue behind why a woman should hit a man first?

If we continue looking at the solution from the male angle then we are not helping the female side of this issue. I answered those questions because i would have addressed this issue from the source. Lets address the cause of this hitting in the first place. A woman should control her emotions and a man as well should not provoke a lady to loose her emotion.

If we can sort that out then we will all be fine because we live in a complex society where there is no standard for addressing such issues. Just take the case of rihanna and Chris brown.

If i may ask you what is the best punishment for a murderer?

My brother no vex abeg.
Re: Why Should A Man Not Hit A Woman? by agathamari(f): 2:01pm On Nov 12, 2009
its called chivalry. something which is lost on nigerian men

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Natural Ways To Become Virgin Again / Your Biggest Crush / Deleted Post

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.