Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,328 members, 7,819,129 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? (31271 Views)

Most Dangerous Places To Live In London Online Poll,Peckham No 1 / Coming To South East London(peckham)help Needed / Little Lagos In South London( Peckham) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by omar22(m): 4:00pm On Nov 13, 2009
Suffolk is hardly relevant here - you could always open a seperate thread.

I posted in response to the Peckham thread.

And Suffolk is a county, not a city / town.

Dont mind me, only trying to be funny,
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:02pm On Nov 13, 2009
Lol. . . no worries.
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by No2Atheism(m): 4:03pm On Nov 13, 2009
@siena

you all of people should know better that institutional racism and cold-hearted calculated economic discrimination is the main reason why insurance companises and white dominated establishments intentional use negative tactics and labelling for black dominated districts . . . (why else do you think the same thing happens in most European countries and United states).

Just read up on

-what happened to "Black Wall Street",
- so called "Ghetto Loans",
- Discriminatory Lending practises,
- Intentional devaluation of property values within black neighbourhoods.

Hence the reality of the matter is not what insurance companies say but what is actually on ground. . . cus precedent and history shows that what insurance companies say is not always the truth on ground.

The reality of the matter is that:

- Guns and Drugs are prevalent in black neighbourhoods cause they were brought there (by gun runners) mostly for the purpose of destabilizing such neighbourhoods (please read up on the meaning and basis of FBI Continterpol).
- Guess wat . . . Black people who have fought to have guns and drugs removed from their neighbourhoods have ended up being enemies of the power that be. That alone tells you that most black neighbourhoods are labelled as bad because the powers that be want them to be so and not necessarily because they are so. Why do you think "White people" move out once "Black people" start moving in.
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by kokorunna(m): 4:15pm On Nov 13, 2009
Oshodi people please show your FACE grin
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by posakosa(m): 4:59pm On Nov 13, 2009
Ajegunle is my hoood nuccas kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by SEFAGO(m): 6:13pm On Nov 13, 2009
Se- gay u're now FEMALE

yes, I had a sex change. And they have all these topics on NL specifically for ladies, which they said no men should post on so I decided to make myself a woman so I can post on these threads. When there is an all men thread i need to post on, i would change back. As for now, i am a woman by convenience.

sorry but I be Ikoyi/VGC boy. no long thing. had family who lived in oshodi though
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by posakosa(m): 6:15pm On Nov 13, 2009
^^^^ lol---funny smiley smiley
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by tkb417(m): 6:19pm On Nov 13, 2009
posakosa:

^^^^ lol---funny smiley smiley
hey u, u be guy/gurl
answer now b4 i do u bad thing
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by r231(m): 6:20pm On Nov 13, 2009
tkb417:

hey u, u be guy/gurl

oh oh
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by tkb417(m): 6:23pm On Nov 13, 2009
SEFAGO:

yes, I had a sex change. And they have all these topics on NL specifically for ladies, which they said no men should post on so I decided to make myself a woman so I can post on these threads. When there is an all men thread i need to post on, i would change back. As for now, i am a woman by convenience.

sorry but I be Ikoyi/VGC boy. no long thing. had family who lived in oshodi though
Ikoyi and VGC dey share boundaries? or how come u live in both places
just wondering

so ure now a female?
na wa 4 this NL o
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by posakosa(m): 6:36pm On Nov 13, 2009
tkb417:

hey u, u be guy/gurl

No I AM A MAN
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by SEFAGO(m): 6:37pm On Nov 13, 2009
Ikoyi and VGC dey share boundaries? or how come u live in both places

lived in one of them for 12 years and the second for four years. Duh

so ure now a female?
na wa 4 this NL o

so wetin concern you? dont you know some of the women threads are the most interesting. And they fight less- too much testosterone in some of these threads, I am going to hang out with the fairer and gentler sex. when i start getting babes numbers under this guise na so you too go come join  cheesy.
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by posakosa(m): 6:43pm On Nov 13, 2009
WHAT THE PHUCK IS THE BIG DEAL ABOUT GENDER ON NAIRALAND----- SOME FOOLS ARE ABOUT TO GIVE THEMSELVES A HEART ATTACK------ AS IF IT AFFECTS THEIR BLOOD PRESSURE.
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by posakosa(m): 6:45pm On Nov 13, 2009
If I created a new user name and put MALE who is to say who is REALLY behind the computer-----

IF THERE IS A NEED TO GENDER- RIZE MY COMMENTS--- THEN SOME PEOPLE ARE REALLY FOOLISH
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by posakosa(m): 6:46pm On Nov 13, 2009
SE-FEG be who you want to be---- heheheehe <as long as there is BRILLIANCE in your post> who gives a PHUCK---- kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss <I know u're MALE and I know who I AM>
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by SEFAGO(m): 6:52pm On Nov 13, 2009
^^I do it though- i need someones gender to know where they are coming from. Its just part of the human need to categorize people. I also need to know their location because it hints towards some sort of bias. That is why naijababes and omar22 are repping peckham. If I talked to people who lived in kensington or the upperclass suburbs of west london, i would definitely get the snooty respone "god forbid- me ke,  south london" smiley
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by posakosa(m): 7:01pm On Nov 13, 2009
^^^^ makes sense, knowing these things MAY allow one to put SOME people's comments in the appropriate perspective.

BUT IMO, as long as you don't REALLY AND TRULY know who is behind the computer, who decides what the TRUTH about this particular individual IS ?  undecided undecided

But It is NOT in my best interest to reveal anything about WHERE I am nor my gender; I think its absolutely irrelevant----- its only NL and I only joined for no other reason than to LAUGH and have fun---- no point for people to give themselves blood pressure over my gender. If you know, u do and if u don't u dont.  wink
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by posakosa(m): 7:03pm On Nov 13, 2009
tkb417:

hey u, u be guy/gurl

kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss <peace and love>
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by tkb417(m): 7:05pm On Nov 13, 2009
SEFAGO:

lived in one of them for 12 years and the second for four years. Duh

so wetin concern you? dont you know some of the women threads are the most interesting. And they fight less- too much testosterone in some of these threads, I am going to hang out with the fairer and gentler sex. when i start getting babes numbers under this guise na so you too go come join cheesy.

coolio

its k. just fooling around. Nothing biggie

posakosa:

WHAT THE PHUCK IS THE BIG DEAL ABOUT GENDER ON NAIRALAND----- SOME FOOLS ARE ABOUT TO GIVE THEMSELVES A HEART ATTACK------ AS IF IT AFFECTS THEIR BLOOD PRESSURE.
ah, ok.
coolio cheesy
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by posakosa(m): 7:08pm On Nov 13, 2009
oo boy, Im cool man---- i just don't understand the obsession----  smiley smiley
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:14pm On Nov 13, 2009
This thread has really digressed.

But in a good way. Some folk are getting their pants in knots over nothing though.  wink
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:32pm On Nov 13, 2009
This thread has really digressed

Thanks to posakosa tongue
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by posakosa(m): 7:34pm On Nov 13, 2009
^^^^ sorry babes---- undecided undecided undecided
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:45pm On Nov 13, 2009
there are so many run down parts of London (why most are concentrated in south London is beyond me) that i laugh when people back home are narrating their London trip stories to me and mention places like, elephant and castle, brixton, thornton heath (not croydon) peckham, lewisham, new cross, old kent road, thamesmead and the list continues.
@ Sefago
All my responses are addressing this comment. Peckham isn't run down, it's simply a blue collar residential area with it's own portion of dogdy characters. Correct me if I'm wrong but i think all working class areas have these type of people. If you want to see run down I implore to please visit some parts of Liverpool, Manchester, Yorkshire, Leeds, Glasgow, Nottingham et al. There are some areas in these cities that even a Lagos tout go fear to enter.
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Nov 13, 2009
naijababe:

There are some areas in these cities that even a Lagos tout go fear to enter.

LMAO! cheesy
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by r231(m): 8:04pm On Nov 13, 2009
naijababe:

@ Sefago
All my responses are addressing this comment. Peckham isn't run down, it's simply a blue collar residential area with it's own portion of dogdy characters. Correct me if I'm wrong but i think all working class areas have these type of people. If you want to see run down I implore to please visit some parts of Liverpool, Manchester, Yorkshire, Leeds, Glasgow, Nottingham et al. There are some areas in these cities that even a Lagos tout go fear to enter.

like brixton
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by chika98: 8:14pm On Nov 13, 2009
r231:

like brixton
lol is Brixton that bad?
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by r231(m): 8:16pm On Nov 13, 2009
chika98:

lol is Brixton that bad?

it is but not dat bad at least now not like b4
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Nov 13, 2009
chika98:

lol is Brixton that bad?

It can be, if you don't know your way around.

And if you go to the wrong places, at the wrong times.  wink
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by r231(m): 8:18pm On Nov 13, 2009
Siena:

madam, they've cleaned it up not like b4
crime rate has gone down a lot now
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by chika98: 8:19pm On Nov 13, 2009
Siena:

I have only been to the Market around there. Not visited anyone there or anything. It looked really hood though!

r231:

That's where all these [i]innit [/i]girls live at innit? grin grin
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by chic2pimp(m): 8:20pm On Nov 13, 2009
r231:

Rahhh bwoi, back then Brixton was a mad area grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Some Rare Images Of Lagos, About 50years Ago. / Moving To Norway Soonest / A South African Lady Condemns Attack On Nigerians, Calls Them Nice People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.