Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,747 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:53 PM

When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? (31269 Views)

Most Dangerous Places To Live In London Online Poll,Peckham No 1 / Coming To South East London(peckham)help Needed / Little Lagos In South London( Peckham) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by reindeer: 10:25pm On Nov 12, 2009
My grouse is even with the term 'infested' as if nigerians were rats or worse still some parasitic organisms, or lower life forms.

please the topic should read 'why are there so many Nigerians in Peckham'?

Lets stop denigrating our roots!
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by ezeagu(m): 10:33pm On Nov 12, 2009
Peckham is a dirty mark on the city, nothing more nothing less.
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by ezeagu(m): 10:36pm On Nov 12, 2009
reindeer:

My grouse is even with the term 'infested' as if nigerians were rats or worse still some parasitic organisms, or lower life forms.

please the topic should read 'why are there so many Nigerians in Peckham'?

Lets stop denigrating our roots!

The truth is Nigerians in Peckham do live like lower life forms in Peckham and south London, in fact half of them don't officially exist in London society because they're illegal. People back in the village where they have the most basic of things look 30x better than those in Peckham.
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by denzel2009: 10:58pm On Nov 12, 2009
Some people just need not open their mouth before you know they are mentally maladjusted, How can you conclude that everybody living in Peckham are Illegal?

Where do they get these from gan sef?
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by ezeagu(m): 11:02pm On Nov 12, 2009
denzel2009:

Some people just need not open their mouth before you know they are mentally maladjusted, How can you conclude that everybody living in Peckham are Illegal?

Where do they get these from gan sef?

What part of 'half' do you not understand?
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by segzeybaba(m): 11:04pm On Nov 12, 2009
ezeagu:

The truth is Nigerians in Peckham do live like lower life forms in Peckham and south London, in fact half of them don't officially exist in London society because they're illegal. People back in the village where they have the most basic of things look 30x better than those in Peckham.

Shurrup u murrafucka!

back up your allegation with valid statistics,
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by denzel2009: 11:05pm On Nov 12, 2009
The half part of your head. How did you come to that conclusion?

Funny thing is most the people I knw that lives in Peckham are even british born.
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by ezeagu(m): 11:06pm On Nov 12, 2009
segzeybaba:

Shurrup u murrafucka!

back up your allegation with valid statistics,

See kolo mental, frustrated persons.
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by ezeagu(m): 11:08pm On Nov 12, 2009
denzel2009:

The half part of your head. How did you come to that conclusion?

Funny thing is most the people I knw that lives in Peckham are even british born.

Here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/4182341.stm, Nigerian born? So all those women in their forties blowing Yoruba on the streets were 'British born'?
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by SEFAGO(m): 11:16pm On Nov 12, 2009
london in general sucksass
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by babaowambe: 11:18pm On Nov 12, 2009
there is nothing wrong with peckham in fact it,s like home,
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by segzeybaba(m): 11:26pm On Nov 12, 2009
ezeagu:

Here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/4182341.stm, Nigerian born? So all those women in their forties blowing Yoruba on the streets were 'British born'?

u sucks man,
i see ezeagu? u be igbo man abi?
@bold, where did u gt dat from, go sleep murrafucka grin
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by denzel2009: 11:35pm On Nov 12, 2009
So mr ezeagu, where does it say half of the people in Peckkam are illegal immigrant? I meant most people that live in Peckham are british citizen, you knw why, people coming in newly have heard stories abt peckham and wont even think of getting accommodation there.
So, the steadfast ones have been there since ages past and wont leave for anywhere.
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by chic2pimp(m): 11:43pm On Nov 12, 2009
SEFAGO:

london in general sucksass
Still berra than every city in the world wink
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by ABS1(m): 11:44pm On Nov 12, 2009
I can't understand why some people need to bash others to feel good about themselves. Silly Nigerians tongue
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by SEFAGO(m): 11:47pm On Nov 12, 2009
Still berra than every city in the world

i doubt it. its expensive, dog shit is everywhere, it looks like a clash of third world capital cities bombay, beijing and lagos all merged with a repressed european culture and racial tension waiting to burst out.
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by Uche2nna(m): 11:48pm On Nov 12, 2009
SEFAGO:

i doubt it. its expensive, dog shit is everywhere, it looks like a clash of third world capital cities bombay, beijing and lagos all merged with a repressed european culture and racial tension waiting to burst out.

shocked shocked
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by Remii(m): 12:10am On Nov 13, 2009
Nothing do Pecham, Brixton, Camberwell et all, at least people who leave there are happy, no fuss,but London is just too expensive. What you get for $10 in USA cost 10 pound in London with 1pound = $1.7 you are paying almost double for same goods and services.

Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by chika98: 12:13am On Nov 13, 2009
Newsflash! Of course we know about the exchange rate.
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:25am On Nov 13, 2009

I doubt that the bolded part is true, London is a city that diversity is truly embraced if not even encouraged
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by chic2pimp(m): 12:35am On Nov 13, 2009
SEFAGO:

What a load of poppycocks. London is the best place on earth to live in. I dare you to name a better capital city anywhere in the world ?cool

naijababe:

I doubt that the bolded part is true, London is a city that diversity is truly embraced if not even encouraged
Don't mind Sefagao. The Dude thinks the U.K's race relations is comparable to U.S where racial & ethnic tensions is a daily occurence.
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by chika98: 12:38am On Nov 13, 2009
chic2pimp:

What a load of poppycocks. London is the best place on earth to live in. I dare you to name a better capital city anywhere in the world ?cool

I think you're letting the love for the city of London go overboard. Better city anywhere in the world? Heck Milwaukee Wisconsin can be termed a better city than London
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by r231(m): 12:42am On Nov 13, 2009
chika98:

I think you're letting the love for the city of London go overboard. Better city anywhere in the world? Heck [b]Milwaukee Wisconsin [/b]can be termed a better city than London

hmmmm, how do u work dat out
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by chic2pimp(m): 12:43am On Nov 13, 2009
chika98:

I think you're letting the love for the city of London go overboard. Better city anywhere in the world? Heck Milwaukee Wisconsin can be termed a better city than London
Nah, I ain't letting my love for the city of london go overboard rather sefa is letting his hate for the U.k cloud his judgement wink

In what way is Milwaukee a better city than London? undecided

r231:

hmmmm, how do u work dat out
Good Question!!!!
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by SEFAGO(m): 12:46am On Nov 13, 2009
What a load of poppycocks. London is the best place on earth to live in. I dare you to name a better capital city anywhere in the world ?

London is the best place to live in if that is the only place u have lived in i guess. I have lived in london- for sometime and also other places. London does not top the list mate. And its not just because of peckham
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:54am On Nov 13, 2009
London is the best place to live in if that is the only place u have lived in i guess. I have lived in london- for sometime and also other places. London does not top the list mate. And its not just because of peckham
That's your opinion and that does not necessarily count. I wouldn't live in Paris if paid me but that does not count either because it makes top 20
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by chika98: 12:57am On Nov 13, 2009
chic2pimp:

Nah, I ain't letting my love for the city of london go overboard rather sefa is letting his hate for the U.k cloud his judgement wink

In what way is Milwaukee a better city than London? undecided
Good Question!!!!

No need to try and decipher what is good about London or Milwaukee. Just pointing out that anyone can come up and say that their city is better. I don't live in Milwaukee either. London is actually a city I love visiting. Won't live in Brixton, Peckham, Barking, Hackney, all them dodgy areas either.
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by chic2pimp(m): 1:09am On Nov 13, 2009
SEFAGO:

Nah mate. London is definitely not the only place I have lived in. I've also lived and holidayed in other parts of the world.

London might not top your list but it sure tops many peeps list.
chika98:

No need to try and decipher what is good about London or Milwaukee. Just pointing out that anyone can come up and say that their city is better. I don't live in Milwaukee either. London is actually a city I love visiting. Won't live in Brixton, Peckham, Barking, Hackney, all them dodgy areas either.
Not everyone can say with a straight face that their city is the best.
I however can see your point of view when you say u won't live in some of those areas cuz I too won't live in Most rough/ghetto areas in the U.S.

naijababe:

That's your opinion and that does not necessarily count. I wouldn't live in Paris if paid me but that does not count either because it makes top 20
Good Point!!!!
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by Theblessed(f): 1:58am On Nov 13, 2009
[b]Hmmm! Perhaps, you don't realise that Peckham has always been a black zone and will always be.  And with Brixton a stone throw away, with its increased black population, the area will always remain unkept. Why??  Politics plays a big part!  After all, its mainly black people that live there and who cares if its derelict?

But, why moan and complain about the area when you can always move out? The problem is that, most of the black people there are frightened of the unknown and that could be the reason they chose to bury their heads in London.  Look, you'd be much happier when you EXPLORE to find out the real people you came to visit.  Living among your own in a foreign land is like revolving around the culture you left behind in Nigeria yet, nothing had changed and nothing developed. It means, you just left Nigeria whilst still in Nigeria. But why leave home in the first place if that's how short-sighted you are?

Personally, I dislike London! It is a place where everyone is matching on top of each other - you don't even have a space to breath without bumping into someone/something and without the neighbours next door eavesdropping into your conversations with your family/friends as the walls are so thin. 

So get out and learn about other areas of this country, learn about the people you actually came to visit - the English, the Scottish, the Welsh, the Irish etc and stop burying your heads in those your little cramp one/two bedroom flats. That way, you get to know the BRITISH as you don't really know them when you are stuck in one place watching British television every weekend.

So get out of that place, and get some FRESH AIR IN YOUR LUNGS/SOMETHING decent in the Country or go back home and stop MOANING!
[/b]
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by ceasyc(f): 2:30am On Nov 13, 2009
"@poster , very useless topic, You made a video of peckham market ,, and did you also make any video of the residential areas in the seemingly dirty peckham?, And for God's sake its a market!We get fish, meat,crab,snails and you name it fresh from peckham. without peckham london would be pointless. Granted it isnt the best of sites., what is your business about whether its infested with Nigerians.
I think your stupidity overshadowed your common sense and your topic should have been :'why do many Nigerians leave their motherland where the roads are bad,no water,no job, no good health service , no security while our leaders gulp billions of naira.?'
well I am sure you know the answer to that!"

well stated, ty for that
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:47am On Nov 13, 2009
ceasyc, there are too many holes to pick in your post. Too may holes . . . . .
but this??
without peckham london would be pointless.
You gast to be sh1ttin me.
Re: When Did Peckham (In London) Get Annexed By Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:51am On Nov 13, 2009
By the way, some of the comments by posters smacks of sheer arrogance and ignorance.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Some Rare Images Of Lagos, About 50years Ago. / Moving To Norway Soonest / A South African Lady Condemns Attack On Nigerians, Calls Them Nice People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.