Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,222 members, 7,815,276 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

Is MMM A Sin? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is MMM A Sin? (38133 Views)

Homosexuality, Lesbianism, All Other Sexual Pervasion Is Not Just A Sin But... / Is MMM A Sin To God, If As A Christian One Indulges In It? / MMM Being Advertised In RCCG Church Service (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is MMM A Sin? by Bluffly: 10:46pm On Dec 06, 2016
terrezo2002:
MMM is a sin. It is gambling. It's a scheme that lures people into greed.
God expects us to work and make profit, not robbing peter to pay paul.
Suppose everyone in the country gets into it. Who will will farm, who will teach, who will do profitable work?
MMM does not produce anything.
It can crumble the economy of a nation.
I pity those whose money will be there when it crashes.

What do you mean by work. What does the bank produce. The banks have being taking money from Deficit to Those who have.
Where you told that those in MMM are not working or farming. They are simply raising funds by receiving help to fund their businesses

3 Likes

Re: Is MMM A Sin? by Beeboo(m): 10:48pm On Dec 06, 2016
kinglekan:

Good Question

2 Likes

Re: Is MMM A Sin? by Sir2rexninefour(m): 10:49pm On Dec 06, 2016
themosthigh:
[b]Mmm is a very big sin in Christianity because it is demonic and promoted by gongon, an infernal demon residing in the 6th princinth of hell.
This demon is a spoiler with 7 heads each in the shape of demonic animals. It was this very same demon that helped the principality called prince of Persia to hold the prayers of Daniel from reaching God for days. During the conquest of heaven when the integrity of the throne of jehovah was challenged, it was this demon that helped lucifer pin down jehovah on the ground and stole some of the ethereal essence from him making lucifer resistant to any attach from jehovah and restricting jehovahs power to the heavens and physical earth.
Lucifer is preparing for the final battle and is gathering resources and anybody that assist mmm succeed is just contributing to the battle against the almighty. Though I know that the age of jehovah is over and lucifer will defeat him and lock Christ in the bottomless pit, I still advise you people to stand with jehovah and stop mmm. In Jesus name I beg[/b]

Now, with this, I'm outta here! So many YabaLeftist on this thread!! undecided

2 Likes

Re: Is MMM A Sin? by kinglekan: 10:55pm On Dec 06, 2016
Beeboo:

New account and you quote me first? What are the odds you are probably not new on NL? I would say very high. grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Is MMM A Sin? by feldido(m): 10:58pm On Dec 06, 2016
SEND TO YOUR DOWNLINES

*SOLUTION TO HARD times in JANUARY is to Provide Help in December!!!*

Since when I was a child, I had heard grown-ups complain about hard times in January of every year, till it got to a point that I thought the other name for January was "Hard times" but getting wiser and much older I got to understand the cause of hardship in January of every year.

Many people - most especially the working class get their December salaries earlier than usual, say 20th as against 25-28th of the month, now usually, when these salaries are paid, we are expected to use it throughout the next month before payday comes, but many get carried away by the festive period and use up what was meant for January in December, and they call January all manner of names because of their lack of proper planning.

You know January is d month of going back to school, *maybe your month of rent renewal and high financial demands why then did you not plan from long ago not to be broke in January?*

*MMM is the solution*, I say congratulations to all MMM members as we can donate today for the rainy day January. PH - GH, PH - GH is the solution. Start planning for your January now, *rather than GHing all that u have in your PO in December why not re-PH some to save it for ur January or else you might get to January and start looking for that money to start d year with or PH with.*

*A word is enough for the wise.*
Re: Is MMM A Sin? by SmartMugu: 11:04pm On Dec 06, 2016
Seun:

Every member of MMM is cheating the people he/she invites, and also encouraging them to cheat others in turn. This makes it immoral to me.
And what do the banks you keep your money in do? Don't they take money from you and everyone and lend it oUT to someone else for THEIR personal interests and give you back your money from someone else's money whenever you request a withdrawal? So, what's the difference? Don't churches own bank accounts? If they understand the cycle their funds in the bank goes through, they will just stop saying nonesense.

5 Likes

Re: Is MMM A Sin? by Bluffly: 11:05pm On Dec 06, 2016
Moonland100:
YOU ARE WARNED; THE TRAGEDY AHEAD

When there is economic recession, she reveals either those that trust in God or those that trust in their economic and possessions. During the time of prophet Elijah, there was a recession like this, as a result of famine in the land. Elijah put his trust in Jehovah, Our provider. He hears from God concerning how to escape recession because he lives in another Kingdom( The kingdom of God). The hallmark to know a child of God is that, he/she hears from God. The Bible says that " The Spirit bear witness with our spirit that we are children of God" Romans 8:16. This message you are reading is to warn you of a disastrous occurrence that will happen upon the generation of man, when they lost their trust in God for provision. I want to bring to your awareness the dilemma of MMM and the like. Listen very well, MMM is not a divine visitation from above. It is not a manna from heaven. It is not God-sent during this recession time. God has a way of blessing his Children. MMM is not a miracle from God. Now, what is MMM? MMM an acronym and a student of the Word can denote it full meaning as
M- Mammon
M- Messenger of devil
M- Mockery. ( for the sake of this discussion)

Mammon
The Bible says that you can't serve two masters. You can't serve God and serve mammon. mammon means the gods of money(Satan). You can't be committed to the work of God and still be committed to the work of devil which was cast down to the earth as a result of rebellion. Every Child of God that does MMM is rebellious and it shows that such a person does not know the God is serving and he/she has limited God in the affairs of his/her life. This is a tragedy because there is a bad reward for those that rebel against God. An attempt to against the Scripture, is an attempt to get life ruptured. God is the greatest multiplier, be patience.

M- messenger of devil
The Bible says that in the endtime, people shall be lovers of pleasures than the lover of God. This is one of the fulfilment of the prophecy. A lover of God will seek the mind of God. A lover of pleasure will seek pleasure. Some people had never won a soul for the last five years...even let assume that in a year and he has introduce 20 people to MMM in a month. You no longer preach the gospel but MMM. This is one of the strategy of the devil at this endtime. Turn the heart of the children from the Father. Be wise, don't be carry away by the scheme of the devil. Seek ye first the kingdom of God and all other things shall be given unto you.

M-mockery
Those that introduce you to MMM today, will mock you tomorrow. Abraham ( the father of Faith) in Gen 14:21(LB) when the king of sodom told him, " just give me back my people who were captured, keep for yourself the booty stolen from my city". MMM and others deception agencies emanates from sodom. Imagine the king of sodom offering honorarium to the father of faith( Abraham). Normally, Abram does not major his life on assets but on access to the throne. We live by faith and not by sight. Because of Abraham's faith in Gen 14:22-23 but Abram replied, I have solemnly promised Jehovah, the supreme God, creator of heaven and earth, that I will not take so much as a single thread from you, lest you say, Abram is rich because of what I gave him!. Abram, a man that has walked with the Almighty God, knows that if man blesses you and in the future, you are prosperous that man will mock you. lest you say, Abram is rich because of what I gave him!. Many won't be able to boast of their riches, wealth and glory in the future because it is not from God but from man. Avoid mockery now.
David, a king and a wealthy man in the scripture, is a man that is known for one thing in Psalm 27:4- The one thing I want from God, the thing I seek most of all, is the privilege of meditation in his temple, living in his presence every day of my life, delighting in his incomparable perfections and glory.(LB). Despite that David desire one thing, he has all thing( money, fame, wealth, riches and glory etc) seek his presence not pleasure. Beware of the strategy of the devil. Shalom. .....
I prophesy into your life that Gods' understanding should be made abundant in your life.

If MMM is mammon, what do you call those that work even on sundays rather than go to worship. Where you told that people are worshiping MMM in place of God.

2 Likes

Re: Is MMM A Sin? by olanreyman(m): 11:05pm On Dec 06, 2016
The number of people that will chop ban for this thread plenty oh... See as people just dey insult seun....

1 Like

Re: Is MMM A Sin? by mengho(m): 11:07pm On Dec 06, 2016
intrest money is haram in Islam, MMM is intrest based, so is categorically and completely prohibited 4 all Muslims.
I was never intrested in MMM and never will be even if it 100% profit or more

intrest means RIBA(Google dat & see how humongous of sin is)

Besides how can you make money with just money, even d sentence does not make sense talkless of d real thing

I don't do my part by telling You, I can't force you to make a decision, the choice is yours

2 Likes

Re: Is MMM A Sin? by solidman59(m): 11:09pm On Dec 06, 2016
Seun:

Every member of MMM is cheating the people he/she invites, and also encouraging them to cheat others in turn. This makes it immoral to me.
I don't understand......
Re: Is MMM A Sin? by Burnavick(m): 11:14pm On Dec 06, 2016
In no way does sin involve in MMM...except some scripture addicts will tell me dat making interest out of nothing is sin.........just tryna make common sense
Re: Is MMM A Sin? by ookelvyn: 11:18pm On Dec 06, 2016
Sorry to say, but some persons are daft, they lack knowledge and understanding. And as for those pastors condemning mmm, if i use am pay tithe, wont they collect it? And please how is it demonic? "My people perish for lack of knowledge!".. Nigerians and Christianity,, is Christianity now a problem to this country? God help us

2 Likes

Re: Is MMM A Sin? by Viktor1983(m): 11:24pm On Dec 06, 2016
themosthigh:
[b]Mmm is a very big sin in Christianity because it is demonic and promoted by gongon, an infernal demon residing in the 6th princinth of hell.
This demon is a spoiler with 7 heads each in the shape of demonic animals. It was this very same demon that helped the principality called prince of Persia to hold the prayers of Daniel from reaching God for days. During the conquest of heaven when the integrity of the throne of jehovah was challenged, it was this demon that helped lucifer pin down jehovah on the ground and stole some of the ethereal essence from him making lucifer resistant to any attach from jehovah and restricting jehovahs power to the heavens and physical earth.
Lucifer is preparing for the final battle and is gathering resources and anybody that assist mmm succeed is just contributing to the battle against the almighty. Though I know that the age of jehovah is over and lucifer will defeat him and lock Christ in the bottomless pit, I still advise you people to stand with jehovah and stop mmm. In Jesus name I beg[/b]

Can I have a bit of that stuff you smoked? grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is MMM A Sin? by emmayayodeji(m): 11:25pm On Dec 06, 2016
themosthigh:
haha this is why i hate xtians 7 heads ontop 30percent profit grin grin grin grin grin he no try ohhh

1 Like

Re: Is MMM A Sin? by rahjan: 11:25pm On Dec 06, 2016
I have read the heated discussion on this thread with many people calling their fellow human s.tupid,idiotic etc.
We surely can make our points in a civil manner without acting like people who were dropped on their heads as babies.

Now back to the topic. If only 3 people are In mmm, each with 100k, the total payout needed to make all of them happy will be 390k. The first 2 persons will get their payout but the 3rd person won't get his money except a 4th person joins. This of course is over simplified. The first 2 may put back their payout but the fact remains that as long as people take money out of the system, a time will come when getting help will become difficult. People who lose money would have lost it to people that gained money. If one of them who lost commits suicide can you honestly with all good conscience say you have no hand in it?
Herein lie the sin IN MY OPINION which I am very much entitled too.

5 Likes

Re: Is MMM A Sin? by Olumaeme: 11:27pm On Dec 06, 2016
Well I don't care if it's a sin or not, the fact that it has helped many people is the real deal
MMM has done what churches and mosques has not done

I asked my Muslim friend who said mmm is a sin why he is a banker when the quran frowns against getting interests on Loans, Infact the quran stated that, you should not disturb someone you gave loan but banks sieze properties of debtors.

2 Likes

Re: Is MMM A Sin? by mright05(m): 11:28pm On Dec 06, 2016
[quote author=Seun post=51661791]
Every member of MMM is cheating the people he/she invites, and also encouraging them to cheat others in turn. This makes it immoral to me.[/qute] must we drag religious to every thing we do here in African, no body is cheating any body, the System reward you not the person u invite, tht is why its can a reference bonus. @ seun I don't Care Wht u think but keep ur immortal thought to ur self, if u don't know ask question don't just assume u know ....where as u know nothing
Re: Is MMM A Sin? by Coldfeet(f): 11:29pm On Dec 06, 2016
Mexyz:
You have it ma.
thanks you kiss
Re: Is MMM A Sin? by Nobody: 11:30pm On Dec 06, 2016
themosthigh:
Mmm is a very big sin in Christianity because it is demonic and promoted by gongon, an infernal demon residing in the 6th princinth of hell.
This demon is a spoiler with 7 heads each in the shape of demonic animals. It was this very same demon that helped the principality called prince of Persia to hold the prayers of Daniel from reaching God for days. During the conquest of heaven when the integrity of the throne of jehovah was challenged, it was this demon that helped lucifer [b]pin down jehovah on the ground
and stole some of the ethereal essence from him making lucifer resistant to any attach from jehovah and restricting jehovahs power to the heavens and physical earth.
Excuse me, "PIN J*HOVA TO THE GROUND"? (I pray G-d forgives me for calling his name in vain) May He forgive you!
Re: Is MMM A Sin? by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 11:32pm On Dec 06, 2016
It is a sin in my religion because, Islam detest usury or interest. It is not good for a muslim to indulge in MMM.
Re: Is MMM A Sin? by frank202012: 11:33pm On Dec 06, 2016
Op I wan ask is Buhari change a sin?
Re: Is MMM A Sin? by awesome11(m): 11:38pm On Dec 06, 2016
Seun:

By assuring them that they'll earn great returns on their "investment", which is not true since the scheme is fundamentally unsustainable. It may be true for some people, but it will be untrue for most people, and you can't be sure that your downlines will be among the lucky few. If all the people who join a HYIP are informed about the mathematical realities of the program, it won't even take off. There must be many mugus.

Seun, your ignorance amazes me. You have a lot of background study to do, so you don't continually make a fool out of yourself. Currently, there are two types of "Get- Rich-Quick" platforms: Pyramidal structures and Mutual Aid Communities.

Mutual Aid communities like MMM do not need you to get down lines. Only Pyramidal structures demand that. Moreso, mutual aids platform clearly urges participants to use their spare money as returns are not entirely guaranteed (Though they vow as much as possible to help you get returns).

Even for pyramidal structures, I think potential participants were intimated about the need to get downlines, hence their investment may be gone.

Some people are anxiously waiting for MMM to go unsustainable. I really do not know what they stand to gain. To such people, I confirm them as the witches and wizards of our time.

Now, I know why they say the world financial system is unjust. Have you ever wondered why Vanguard and even this platform was so quick to confirm UC's demise despite we all knowing they are undergoing an upgrade.

Do you even have an idea about the mechanism of our traditional banking sector?
Didn't even Jesus tell the guy who hid his 1 talent that he should have invested it passively in usury? That way by the time of accountability, he could have gotten some ROI.

The only source of worry about these schemes is the tendency to make youth - The fulcrum of our nation- lazy.

Seun, I repeat, educate yourself on topics before making comments. Words attached to men of influence should be worth it.

5 Likes

Re: Is MMM A Sin? by GoldEnyong(m): 11:40pm On Dec 06, 2016
Everything in Nigeria is spiritual. We too know God yet corruption headquarters is here, rituals headquarters in here etc. Nigeria could be the only country on earth paralyzed by religion with no remedy at sight. Non of the pastors or imam could open their mouths to call for prosecution of political thieves, mentioning them by names yet MMM is sinful.

May my ancestors remove their front teeth so that by their smiles I could identify them.. nonsense

1 Like

Re: Is MMM A Sin? by mright05(m): 11:42pm On Dec 06, 2016
themosthigh:
. just listen to your self, demon pin down jehavah on the ground, u need help. and God mercy, where is it started in your Bible, if u have one at all, tht demon pin down jehavoh God on the ground, creator of heaven and earth, may God have mercy on your soul, if you don't have any useful contribution to made, just stay quite, to comment nor be force .u need help

2 Likes

Re: Is MMM A Sin? by fratermathy(m): 11:46pm On Dec 06, 2016
vparle:
Hmm

Couldn't get this in my own bible. So Oga, which Bible you de use? Specify the exact verse and chapter.
Except if your bible is one of those that misinterprets the word of God.

Re: Is MMM A Sin? by MoyoGENERAL: 11:50pm On Dec 06, 2016
vparle:
Hmm

Which version be your own bible? I never see this one before oooo!
Re: Is MMM A Sin? by Ace16(m): 11:51pm On Dec 06, 2016
Chai!!! Religion has finish us.. I see 2 many block heads in dis forum.. leave us wif wateva we r doin.. only if we can learn 2 mind our bizness in dis country.. Bozos
Re: Is MMM A Sin? by Culin(f): 12:07am On Dec 07, 2016
Seun:
Yes, I believe it's a sin.
why
Re: Is MMM A Sin? by Anion(m): 12:08am On Dec 07, 2016
You Religious folks should just stop saying what you do not know.
Most of the statements and quotations here do not have corelation to mmm being disscussed.
Why must you people always drag Religion into everything.
It seems like a lot of people especially our religious fellows and politicians are happy about the thick poverty the masses have being experiencing.
Why are some people just so in pains now that most of the masses are being liberated financially to an extent.
Why all these much dusts about mmm.
You people should just quote where in the bible that condems donation and mmm activities.
Re: Is MMM A Sin? by nobodii: 12:09am On Dec 07, 2016
Culin:

why
why
Re: Is MMM A Sin? by Culin(f): 12:09am On Dec 07, 2016
Seun:

how does one cheat his downline?

1 Like

Re: Is MMM A Sin? by Culin(f): 12:10am On Dec 07, 2016
Coldfeet:
It's gambling and Christianity frowns against such.
how is it gambling when your money is guaranteed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye: "God Created Adam And Eve, Not Adam And Steve" / Mad Man And Pastor Involved In Physical Combat During Deliverance / Genesis 11 : 4 To 7: How Realistic Is This Part Of The Bible?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.