Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,206 members, 7,815,198 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:56 AM

Is MMM A Sin? - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is MMM A Sin? (38132 Views)

Homosexuality, Lesbianism, All Other Sexual Pervasion Is Not Just A Sin But... / Is MMM A Sin To God, If As A Christian One Indulges In It? / MMM Being Advertised In RCCG Church Service (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is MMM A Sin? by olasco36(m): 7:17am On Dec 07, 2016
*CAN MUSLIMS PARTAKE IN MMM NIGERIA SOCIAL FINANCIAL NETWORK ?*
Basically, mmm is community where people rendered or provide help in expectations for getting a more greater reward in help (30% per month above your initial help)
And what does An-Nasir says about providing help to others?

Islam teaches us to give alms and donation to seek for rewards in the Hereafter. Whenever we prepare some money to be pledged or donated, we already intend to get the rewards in the Hereafter.
Allah says in Surah Baqara (261-262):
*"The example of those who spend their wealth in the Way of Allah is like that of a grain of corn that sprouts seven ears, and in every ear there are a hundred grains. Thus Allah multiplies the action of whomsoever He wills. Allah is Munificent, All-Knowing. Those who spend their wealth in the Way of Allah and do not follow up their spending by stressing their benevolence and causing hurt, will find their reward secure with their Lord. They have no cause for fear and grief"*

The Messenger of Allah – peace and prayer of Allah be upon him- also advised us, so that no matter how small that we give, we give it due to our fear of Allah’s punishment.

*"Fear the Hell, (and protect yourself from it) even with a half of date fruit. If you don’t have it, then by saying good words.”* (Narrated by Bukhari no. 1413, Muslim 1016, and others).

Verses and hadith that speak about this matter are numerous.
Islam also teaches us to give something to other without wishing for greater return. Allah reminded us,
*“and bestow not favor in order to seek from others a greater return,”* (Al Mudatsir :6)
The explanation of the above verse was explained further *’Do not give something to seek for a better return.’* (See: Tafseer al Qurthubi, 19/67).

My Brothers and Sisters in Allah's Deen, the devil will not stop in his tricks to lure Muslims to *Riba* shaitan will use different methods, ways and names to qualify Riba (Interest) such as reward, bonus, charge.

MMM is not Islamic and every Muslim should not get involved in it, as it has elements of Riba.

*What is Riba*

The literal translation of the Arabic word riba is increase, addition or growth, though it is usually translated as 'usury'. While English speakers usually understand usury as the charging of an exploitative interest rate, the word 'riba' in Arabic applies to a wider range of commercial practices.
Several methodologies exist in traditional and modern literature for understanding riba. However, two common elements of riba that are identified by almost all Muslim scholars are riba al-fadl and riba al-nasia .
Riba al-fadl involves an exchange of unequal quantities of the same commodity simultaneously, and could therefore be described as the usury of surplus. Riba al-nasia, the usury of waiting, involves the non-simultaneous exchange of equal quantities of the same commodity and does not therefore involve a surplus but only a difference in the timing of exchange. Some writers employ the term riba al-nasa to define such an exchange. Hence, an exchange in which I part with 100 grammes of gold now in return for 100 grammes of gold to be received from you tomorrow can be described as riba al-nasia. An exchange in which I part with 100 grammes of gold now in return for 110 grammes of gold to be received from you now can be described as riba al-fadl.
The Combination of the above riba type now *Riba al-qarud*us what is applicable in MMM which makes it *Harram* for Muslims to partake in it.

*Allah's Warning*
Surah Rum:39 *And that which you give in riba to (others), in order that it may increase (your wealth by expecting to get a better one in return) from other people's property, has no increase with Allah*

Allah says in another verse Imran:30
*"O you who believe! Do not take Ribs doubled and multiplied, but fear Allah that you may be successful"*

And finally, as warning and reminder to everyone Believers who already in it, Allah says:
Baqara:278-279 *"O you who believe! Fear Allah

2 Likes

Re: Is MMM A Sin? by Mujtahida: 7:21am On Dec 07, 2016
awesome11:

Seun, your ignorance amazes me. You have a lot of background study to do, so you don't continually make a fool out of yourself. Currently, there are two types of "Get- Rich-Quick" platforms: Pyramidal structures and Mutual Aid Communities.

Mutual Aid communities like MMM do not need you to get down lines. Only Pyramidal structures demand that. Moreso, mutual aids platform clearly urges participants to use their spare money as returns are not entirely guaranteed (Though they vow as much as possible to help you get returns).

Even for pyramidal structures, I think potential participants were intimated about the need to get downlines, hence their investment may be gone.

Some people are anxiously waiting for MMM to go unsustainable. I really do not know what they stand to gain. To such people, I confirm them as the witches and wizards of our time.

Now, I know why they say the world financial system is unjust. Have you ever wondered why Vanguard and even this platform was so quick to confirm UC's demise despite we all knowing they are undergoing an upgrade.

Do you even have an idea about the mechanism of our traditional banking sector?
Didn't even Jesus tell the guy who hid his 1 talent that he should have invested it passively in usury? That way by the time of accountability, he could have gotten some ROI.

The only source of worry about these schemes is the tendency to make youth - The fulcrum of our nation- lazy.

Seun, I repeat, educate yourself on topics before making comments. Words attached to men of influence should be worth it.
I love you my brother. Please read my comments on page 8 of this thread. And let me post here what I said to tosyne2much talk about MMM being an unhealthy way to make money. it's long but please endeavour to read it:Oh my God! Did you really say an unhealthy way to make money? it has not entered your head that all the slaving for money sake that man does just to put food on his table for himself and his family is a deep perversion of humanity. You do not know that man was born to work but not to work for money at least not in the modern sense where people have been reduced to nothing because of money. You do not for once consider that the world financial system is a twisted matrix, a vicious, pitiless and inhumane system that is not only unhealthy but absolutely deadly. People keep talking the blather, they keep bleating about like sheep that MMM is a ponzi scheme. They have never for once considered that the global financial system is a giant, unbelievably complex, ponzi scheme. MMM has as it's goal the destruction of the financial system of the world and I fully support it. Tosyne2much you put words on paper but I dare say you are not a thinker. Will MMM crash one day? I do not know? Is it perfect? No but one thing I do know is that there's ain't no difference between what the banksters have been doing and what MMM does save that MMM shares 30% with participants while the banks feast on all your savings giving you just paltry interest. What's it about MMM that is unhealthy? People do in principle on a monthly basis what MMM does-workers in an office, market women, co-operative banks, esusu, adashe contribute a part of their earnings and give it to one of their fellow workers whose turn it is for a particular month and it rotates on like that till everyone's been served. Is it unhealthy if a person who earns for instance 50k takes the combined contribution of 500k home from ten fellow workers? Think! Don't put words to paper. Think!
Again the person you just quoted above seconding his opinion believes making money must be hard to be good. Ignorance kills. Go read how Nathan Rothchilds made money in one day on the floor of the stock exchange in London. People make money in many ways-easy way, hard way. There ain't no one way to make money. for godsake all the money you are labouring to make might fall sweetly and easily into the laps of one man whose relative decides to bequeath so much to him. You guys believe it must be difficult to make 'good'money. Think! I say think for Jupiter's sake! Man has mined the wealth on the earth and under the earth - farm produce, gold, silver, crude oil, travelling by road, physical markets etc. It was difficult doing this things. Now man is mining and tapping the wealth in the air. Air wealth is limitless and knows no boundaries and relatively easy to make. Compare plane flight and road travel. Easy right? Did you reject plane flight cos it was easy? The Internet has revolutionalized everything. MMM is tapping air wealth to connect and enrich people and you say it's unhealthy. Think! for pet's sake think!

1 Like

Re: Is MMM A Sin? by terrezo2002(m): 7:24am On Dec 07, 2016
Bluffly:

What do you mean by work. What does the bank produce. The banks have being taking money from Deficit to Those who have.
Where you told that those in MMM are not working or farming. They are simply raising funds by receiving help to fund their businesses
MMM does not invest your money unlike banks. Banks invests in things like agriculture, lending others with interest, real estate etc.
MMM is a scheme where you reap where you don't labour. The last people to invest are those who will bear all the losses.

1 Like

Re: Is MMM A Sin? by brokenplate: 7:27am On Dec 07, 2016
While you guys are still contemplating about mmm just like you to know I sell goat. Is that a sin too?
Oya check my signature for more details.
Re: Is MMM A Sin? by Edijana2015(m): 7:29am On Dec 07, 2016
Those of you that come here to criticize MMM as a sin, I hold nothing against you but just wanna tell you that majority of you commit far worse sin than MMM.

Please go and concentrate on your problems and leave the participants of MMM alone to handle theirs.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Is MMM A Sin? by Nobody: 7:30am On Dec 07, 2016
If God is to use mmm as judgement to know the faith of humans then many will be burot in the lake of fire. mmm is completely sinful and besides Mr Seun has talked his view.
mmm owned by a satanist and his scheme is originated from satan.
mmm members if mmm has no account, where does the 30% comes from? when you invite someone from where do you get your interest? if an mmm member die what happens to his account?
The World Is rotten with both evil men and evil deeds.
lastly check the numerology of the name mavrodi and see it as 6.
Re: Is MMM A Sin? by Kagarko(m): 7:36am On Dec 07, 2016
It's Haram in Islam
Re: Is MMM A Sin? by terrezo2002(m): 7:38am On Dec 07, 2016
adefizzy:

You have tried to make some sense, kudos to you but If I may ask, kindly show us one Peter that has cried to you that MMM had robbed him to pay Paul.

And you talk about those who will do profitable works, a young man who want to start a transport business with okada(motorbike) sold for 200k only has 100k, don't you think it's wise enough for him to invest in MMM first and gain the needed 100k over a period of 2months and so he could start his desired business?

The problem with most of you is that you have the same view about life like Nigeria leader, once your belly is filled you believe others aren't hungry.

Judge not so that you will not be judged.
That's where the problem lies. Always looking for what to gain and ignoring the consequences. Have you thought about how this scheme works for once? For the fact someone puts in his/her money there and he/she gets rewarded doesn't mean it is a good scheme.
MMM needs people to keep putting money into it for the scheme to survive, but you know what? Just like the law of diminishing returns. There will be rise of inflow of money until it gets to a maximum and then you begin to experience drop until it crashes.
Woe unto those whose money will be there when it does crash.
I just pray people don't commit suicide.

1 Like

Re: Is MMM A Sin? by damsco92: 7:38am On Dec 07, 2016
Is mmm a sin? Bank accnt 10k after 30days 9,996.04k mmm accnt 10k after 30days 13,165. Choose wisely
Re: Is MMM A Sin? by dreezybines: 7:41am On Dec 07, 2016
Check

Leviticus 25 vs 37

Ezekiel 18 vs 8

To me it's a sin...

1 Like

Re: Is MMM A Sin? by OlufemiWhit(m): 7:44am On Dec 07, 2016
themosthigh:
[b]Mmm is a very big sin in Christianity because it is demonic and promoted by gongon, an infernal demon residing in the 6th princinth of hell.
This demon is a spoiler with 7 heads each in the shape of demonic animals. It was this very same demon that helped the principality called prince of Persia to hold the prayers of Daniel from reaching God for days. During the conquest of heaven when the integrity of the throne of jehovah was challenged, it was this demon that helped lucifer pin down jehovah on the ground and stole some of the ethereal essence from him making lucifer resistant to any attach from jehovah and restricting jehovahs power to the heavens and physical earth.
Lucifer is preparing for the final battle and is gathering resources and anybody that assist mmm succeed is just contributing to the battle against the almighty. Though I know that the age of jehovah is over and lucifer will defeat him and lock Christ in the bottomless pit, I still advise you people to stand with jehovah and stop mmm. In Jesus name I beg[/b]
What dafuq is all dis......
Re: Is MMM A Sin? by Nobody: 7:51am On Dec 07, 2016
themosthigh:
[b]Mmm is a very big sin in Christianity because it is demonic and promoted by gongon, an infernal demon residing in the 6th princinth of hell.
This demon is a spoiler with 7 heads each in the shape of demonic animals. It was this very same demon that helped the principality called prince of Persia to hold the prayers of Daniel from reaching God for days. During the conquest of heaven when the integrity of the throne of jehovah was challenged, it was this demon that helped lucifer pin down jehovah on the ground and stole some of the ethereal essence from him making lucifer resistant to any attach from jehovah and restricting jehovahs power to the heavens and physical earth.
Lucifer is preparing for the final battle and is gathering resources and anybody that assist mmm succeed is just contributing to the battle against the almighty. Though I know that the age of jehovah is over and lucifer will defeat him and lock Christ in the bottomless pit, I still advise you people to stand with jehovah and stop mmm. In Jesus name I beg[/b]
what about Nairabet? Go to the streets and see what people are doing with Nairabet which is pure gambling It seems most of you are just carried away because of the hatred you have for mmm and don't even know what is a sin anymore. You and your pastor problem is IGNORANCE.
Re: Is MMM A Sin? by mright05(m): 8:06am On Dec 07, 2016
themosthigh:

That is the difference between worshippers and men of God.
Do you expect it to be written in the Bible?
Don't you know it will make man realize the weaknesses of jehovah el shaddai?
There are some knowledge accessible only to few people and I am sorry I had to reveal it here
there is no atom of weakness in jehovah,becos he is the all knowing God create of the universe..... may be ur own Jehovah is weak, not mine own, that is why I keep saying u need Help
Re: Is MMM A Sin? by HEADYWORLD: 8:11am On Dec 07, 2016
RatedStar:

Poverty is a disease. My people perish due to ignorance.
MR MIKE ADENUGA.. SO MMM DON TURN YOU TO MILLIONAIRE ABI..your name speakmore of you... .. Underrated star.. grin grin grin
Re: Is MMM A Sin? by lakesyded(m): 8:14am On Dec 07, 2016
femcent2:
Reading many links which some pastor discourage people from participating in MMM, please is MMM a sin and which Bible verse against taking a risk with investment your money and get your interest .

BIBLE:
“If you lend money to one of my people among you who is needy, do not be like a moneylender; charge him no interest” (Exodus 22:25)

“Do not take interest of any kind from him, but fear your God, so that your countryman may continue
to live among you.” (Leviticus 25:36)

“Do not charge your brother interest, whether on money or food or anything else that may earn interest.” (Deuteronomy 23:19)

QUR'AN:
“Those who devour usury will not stand except as stand one whom the Evil one by his touch Hath driven to madness. That is because they say: "Trade is like usury," but Allah hath permitted trade and forbidden usury. Those who after receiving direction from their Lord, desist, shall be pardoned for the past; their case is for Allah (to judge); but those who repeat (The offence) are companions of the Fire: They will abide therein (for ever).” (Quran 2:275)

“O ye who believe! Devour not usury, doubled and multiplied; but fear Allah. that ye may (really) prosper.” (Quran 3:130)

“O ye who believe! Fear Allah, and give up what remains of your demand for usury, if ye are indeed believers. If ye do it not, Take notice of war from Allah and His Messenger. But if ye turn back, ye shall have your capital sums: Deal not unjustly, and ye shall not be dealt with unjustly.” (Quran 2:278-279)
Re: Is MMM A Sin? by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:14am On Dec 07, 2016
themosthigh:

What is this guy smoking? undecided

1 Like

Re: Is MMM A Sin? by HomeOfMe(f): 8:16am On Dec 07, 2016
RatedStar:
It is not. Someone should please create a new topic and enlighten all our intelligent ignoramus how MMM works. I notice that all those that have something wrong to say simply dont know anything about the scheme.

So when I loan someone money to start a business and ask him to pay me back in 3 months, the interest I collect is a sin cos I earned it by doing nothing?

Nobody is been cheated. All participants smile after 30 days. Tuesdays and thursdays have become the best days of all participants. Why is all the focus on mmm?

Life is a risk. Use only your spare cash. Warning boldly written. Don't know when earning a little extra income is now considered a sin.

Some peeps that are not participating are anxiously waiting to tell mmm participants, I told you it will crash and now it has buh sadly, that day will never come.

My only regret is not starting MMM earlier.
dont mind the narrow minded people. I dont do mmm,bit i do another that is not loud and participants are being empowwered. They should keep criticising,that's their full time job. Members are fully aware of the risk that are taking.

1 Like

Re: Is MMM A Sin? by topdee(m): 8:16am On Dec 07, 2016
pcguru1:

I want to ask a question.

1. Where does the 30% come from ?
2. For each 30% generated it requires the funds of *new* members to pay up for it. So what happens when new members stop rolling in ?

This is not an attack am only curious

Your analysis doesn't work that way. MMM uses somewhat the same model financial institutions use, there's no way everyone will demand their money at the same time, in fact only a small fraction of participants collect money at different intervals. But instead of allowing financial institutions dictate how your money should be routed or spent, the ideology is to eradicate the involvement of intermediaries like financial institutions. The same ideology birthed Cryptocurrencies. How do financial institutions make money? Don't be deceived by what they tell you. Financial institutions operate using pure pyramid schemes. How are they able to pay outrageous salaries and manage operations expenses? You think say they do businesses that yield interest with your Money? They are just enriching themselves with your money. Lol.
MMM is a movement: Imagine a situation where everyone in Nigeria is doing MMM or perhaps most people in the world are doing MMM, meaning most traders, merchants, in fact most businesses will be doing MMM, so let's say perhaps participants patronise these businesses, do you know the same money these business owners are paid will be put back in MMM?, cos they are members also remember!, the money keeps on recycling between participants. This is what bank and other financial institutions enjoy, whenever you purchase anything from anyone, the money leaves your account and enters the seller's account, who is also operating using these banks, so in reality your money doesn't leave the bank, it just enters another bank account in these same banks. What happens when financial institutions like banks, pensions managers, insurance, etc, stop having members? Or stop receiving deposits? You be JJC. The only thing that can weaken MMM is the panic by these media haters, but guess what? MMM is becoming stronger daily---BTW, I just got Alert grin smiley wink wink cheesy
Re: Is MMM A Sin? by IstandWitBuhari: 8:19am On Dec 07, 2016
ZoneBslayer:

pray tell, how exactly do they cheat those they invited?? no wonder you have been aggressively pushing anti-MMM posts on the FP..you're against online betting,you're against networking, you're against forex trading.. the same way you get dough from our traffic on nairaland is the same way MMM operates you hypocrite..you have liberated yourself with the contribution of many but you are against MMM which operates on the same principle.. your site has crashed before and people lost valuable business info on it..the world did not end..

My brother don't mind that foolish seun. Rich people will never be happy seeing the poor getting liberated from poverty they always want to remain on top and trample on the poor that's why seun n his likes are against MMM cuz it benefits the poor masses.
Seun is foolish and selfish. Imagine an aethist like him discussing what a sin is.
Re: Is MMM A Sin? by ZoneBslayer(m): 8:24am On Dec 07, 2016
IstandWitBuhari:

My brother don't mind that foolish seun. Rich people will never be happy seeing the poor getting liberated from poverty they always want to remain on top and trample on the poor that's why seun n his likes are against MMM cuz it benefits the poor masses.
Seun is foolish and selfish. Imagine an aethist like him discussing what a sin is.
your last statement got my blood boiling.. imagine a self-acclaimed wannabe atheist telling us what a sin is or isn't?
Re: Is MMM A Sin? by tosyne2much(m): 8:30am On Dec 07, 2016
Mujtahida:

I love you my brother. Please read my comments on page 8 of this thread. And let me post here what I said to tosyne2much talk about MMM being an unhealthy way to make money. it's long but please endeavour to read it:Oh my God! Did you really say an unhealthy way to make money? it has not entered your head that all the slaving for money sake that man does just to put food on his table for himself and his family is a deep perversion of humanity. You do not know that man was born to work but not to work for money at least not in the modern sense where people have been reduced to nothing because of money. You do not for once consider that the world financial system is a twisted matrix, a vicious, pitiless and inhumane system that is not only unhealthy but absolutely deadly. People keep talking the blather, they keep bleating about like sheep that MMM is a ponzi scheme. They have never for once considered that the global financial system is a giant, unbelievably complex, ponzi scheme. MMM has as it's goal the destruction of the financial system of the world and I fully support it. Tosyne2much you put words on paper but I dare say you are not a thinker. Will MMM crash one day? I do not know? Is it perfect? No but one thing I do know is that there's ain't no difference between what the banksters have been doing and what MMM does save that MMM shares 30% with participants while the banks feast on all your savings giving you just paltry interest. What's it about MMM that is unhealthy? People do in principle on a monthly basis what MMM does-workers in an office, market women, co-operative banks, esusu, adashe contribute a part of their earnings and give it to one of their fellow workers whose turn it is for a particular month and it rotates on like that till everyone's been served. Is it unhealthy if a person who earns for instance 50k takes the combined contribution of 500k home from ten fellow workers? Think! Don't put words to paper. Think!
Again the person you just quoted above seconding his opinion believes making money must be hard to be good. Ignorance kills. Go read how Nathan Rothchilds made money in one day on the floor of the stock exchange in London. People make money in many ways-easy way, hard way. There ain't no one way to make money. for godsake all the money you are labouring to make might fall sweetly and easily into the laps of one man whose relative decides to bequeath so much to him. You guys believe it must be difficult to make 'good'money. Think! I say think for Jupiter's sake! Man has mined the wealth on the earth and under the earth - farm produce, gold, silver, crude oil, travelling by road, physical markets etc. It was difficult doing this things. Now man is mining and tapping the wealth in the air. Air wealth is limitless and knows no boundaries and relatively easy to make. Compare plane flight and road travel. Easy right? Did you reject plane flight cos it was easy? The Internet has revolutionalized everything. MMM is tapping air wealth to connect and enrich people and you say it's unhealthy. Think! for pet's sake think!
Hmmmm
Re: Is MMM A Sin? by IstandWitBuhari: 8:31am On Dec 07, 2016
ZoneBslayer:

your last statement got my blood boiling.. imagine a self-acclaimed wannabe atheist telling us what a sin is or isn't?
Seun is a hypocrite just know it from today.
Re: Is MMM A Sin? by Nobody: 8:34am On Dec 07, 2016
Coldfeet:
It's gambling and Christianity frowns against such.
my dear go and check the meaning of gambling b4 comment
Re: Is MMM A Sin? by Nobody: 8:37am On Dec 07, 2016
themosthigh:
pls I need proof or u liv in spirit realm
Re: Is MMM A Sin? by ofoka: 8:41am On Dec 07, 2016
Seun:
Yes, I believe it's a sin.

You are right to express your opinion. Some others also believe that social media is a sin.
Re: Is MMM A Sin? by RatedStar: 8:44am On Dec 07, 2016
HEADYWORLD:
MR MIKE ADENUGA.. SO MMM DON TURN YOU TO MILLIONAIRE ABI..your name speakmore of you... .. Underrated star.. grin grin grin

Bad Belle is always allowed. I am currently roofing my home in Anambra. I am not touching a dime frm my money anymore. Be hating while I smile to the bank every 30 days.
Re: Is MMM A Sin? by DeLioncourt: 8:44am On Dec 07, 2016
Coldfeet:
It's gambling and Christianity frowns against such.

sister, life is a gamble. Everyday you go out not knowing what will happen. That is a gamble. Yet you do it.
Everything about life is a gamble. So Christianity should redefine their sh*t.
Re: Is MMM A Sin? by DeLioncourt: 8:46am On Dec 07, 2016
themosthigh:

I'm sure you were high when you typed this.
Re: Is MMM A Sin? by menxer: 8:46am On Dec 07, 2016
MMM is never a sin, and whoever dragged religion into it is an ignoramus in all caps, because Mavrodi is a Russian and a Luciferian.
Re: Is MMM A Sin? by grownaira: 8:47am On Dec 07, 2016
I think so

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye: "God Created Adam And Eve, Not Adam And Steve" / Mad Man And Pastor Involved In Physical Combat During Deliverance / Genesis 11 : 4 To 7: How Realistic Is This Part Of The Bible?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.