Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,618 members, 7,809,266 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:01 AM

I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused (38598 Views)

Should I Accept This Police Job? / Candidates Applying For Police Job Hit Over 294,851 / Lady Reveals She Slept With A Manager During An Interview And Got The Job! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by kissGuys: 12:38pm On Dec 07, 2016
...please read carefully...

i am still very young.. in my late teens now...the last out of six siblings...done with secondary school....bt couldn't further because of finance....

right now tho...the last thing on my mind is furthering my education ...thing is...i see it as a waste of time and money...even though i intend going back...bt that will be when i have made some cool cash...

so...for at least two years since i rapped up secondary school...i have been working as a sales person for people...with few ups and downs once in a while...

then...the opportunity to join the Nigerian police came...right at the peak of a frustrating time...so i thought less before registering for constable cadre....went through all the processes...and now am selected...#do note that i did this with little or no help from anyone...so i think the selection this time is on merit#

bt the problem now is that...i have a bigger dream...i intend going into business if my brother will help...the NPF..tho is good bt..then wont give me the financial buttress that i aim for...

their salary scale is quite poor...imagine making sales of eighty thousand naira in 3days for my present boss...thats like the salary of an inspector...and we all know how long it takes to get to this rank....17 to 20 yrs.. just to be paid that amount...its quite dis-heartening... i blv starting a business will be more fruitful than joining the force...

bt on the other hand...i have no serious capital to start a business and i dont know if my brothers will be willing to support me financially...am quite skeptical about that...

so thats were the confusion sets in...i might reject the offer and my brothers may later disappoint me...i might take the job...bt will not be fulfilled knowing i would have been making much more money doing business.....

pls what is the best thing to do on this issue ??
am terribly confused

44 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by Atiku2019: 12:51pm On Dec 07, 2016
Nice Writeup for a SSCE holder smiley

Is your monthly salary as a salesman up to a police constables take home?

If not,

1) Join the Nigeria police force ( You are assured of your monthly pay)

2) Save from your monthly salaries

3) With your experience as a salesman you can start the same business in any state they deploy you to. (employ a sales girl)

4) When you've made enough cash from your business you can terminate your appointment with the NPF.

***** my opinion tho********

445 Likes 32 Shares

Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by dingbang(m): 12:53pm On Dec 07, 2016
Shutup and take the police job. U think these constables are poor? Go to their villages and see the massive houses they building.

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by sweettease(f): 12:54pm On Dec 07, 2016
Atiku2019:

Nice Writeup for an SSCE holder smiley

If not,

3) With your experience as a salesman you can start the same business in any state they deploy you to. (employ a sales girl)

4) When you've made enough cash from your business you can terminate your appointment with the NPF.

please do us the favour of unquoting the original post. Thank you.

BTW, your post is right on point, exactly what I wanted to say, from the compliment to the original poster to the advice.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by sweettease(f): 12:58pm On Dec 07, 2016
dingbang:
Shutup and take the police job. U think these constables are poor? Go to their villages and see the massive houses they building.
Must you insult the OP before you make sense? undecided

203 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by dingbang(m): 12:59pm On Dec 07, 2016
sweettease:

Must you insult the OP before you make sense? undecided
Shutup isn't an insult, it's an order. cool

168 Likes 11 Shares

Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by Zirah: 12:59pm On Dec 07, 2016
You write well. This shouldn't be an impression but with the number of university graduates with poor grammar these days, your voc is worthy of notice.

It would be a grave, tactless error to ditch a government job. Don't. Take it. Start your business when you've saved enough capital. Work for government and be your own boss.

Don't ever leave the force, even for the future.

61 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by sweettease(f): 1:02pm On Dec 07, 2016
dingbang:
Shutup isn't an insult, it's an order. cool
Ok; So you Shut up! That's an order! wink

200 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by sweettease(f): 1:04pm On Dec 07, 2016
With all the insults thrown at police officers, people tend to appreciate getting the job more than you'd think cheesy

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by veekid(m): 1:11pm On Dec 07, 2016
Na wha o; some pple Sabi oppress on nairaland ehn? You dey der dey reason what to do now.

6 Likes

Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by femidejulius(m): 1:20pm On Dec 07, 2016
Joining the police don't mean you can't leave anytime you want. When your brother is ready to help you financially, you can resign.

But.. Follow your heart

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by khristal87(m): 1:23pm On Dec 07, 2016
I ws invited fr NPF special duties, i turned it dwn because f a promising leturing job...now i ve missed both..think teice, dnt mke d same mistake

68 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by kissGuys: 1:27pm On Dec 07, 2016
Atiku2019:

If not,

thank you...this seems to be a good plan

please before the bashers arrive...i would like to thank everyone that commented above...you all opinionated dsame thing..and i think its really the best thing to do....thank you all

am not doing this for publicity bt...to have a clear head...

thank you all for being very helpful...

nairalanders can be nice really #was expecting loads of curse words lipsrsealed

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by dingbang(m): 1:28pm On Dec 07, 2016
sweettease:

Ok; So you Shut up! That's an order! wink
grin
Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by iHart(m): 2:01pm On Dec 07, 2016
If you can write well like this, then I don't think it will be difficult for you to decide what is good for yourself. Well, just take the Job and save for the business. Once you have saved enough, you may consider resigning.

7 Likes

Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by ednut1(m): 2:08pm On Dec 07, 2016
hmmm dicey sha, follow ur mind. why are pple suprised he writes well. do u go to university to learn how to write/read angry

59 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by Nobody: 2:14pm On Dec 07, 2016
ednut1:
why are pple suprised he writes well. do u go to university to learn how to write/read angry

I tire o. If a secondary school graduate can't write well, what the _fuck would he then know how to do?

102 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by Histrings08(m): 2:15pm On Dec 07, 2016
A bird in hand..... Complete d rest bro

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by Nutase: 2:40pm On Dec 07, 2016
Bros u sound too ambitious to join NPF. NPF will kill your ambition and leave you a poor man. Forget all that bribe they collect on the road, the money is cursed and does not add much to them.
It's not as easy as people are making it sound to resign from NPF.

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by Nobody: 2:50pm On Dec 07, 2016
Atiku2019:

If not,

OP,this is the first intelligent comment this person has ever posted.

I implore you to take into consideration this opinion of his.

And again,ignore the ediot that posted after this person.

20 Likes

Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by Mujaheeeden: 2:53pm On Dec 07, 2016
Boy join Police and in the next 3yrs you can resign and save up to run your own business.

As a Policeman never you reject a good bribe if you want your dream to come true

3 Likes

Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by Nobody: 2:53pm On Dec 07, 2016
dingbang:

One of the many kids on nairaland.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by Nobody: 2:57pm On Dec 07, 2016
Mujaheeeden:
Boy join Police and in the next 3yrs you can resign and save up to run your own business.

As a Policeman never you reject a good bribe if you want your dream to come true

And you wonder why Nigeria is in its present state. This is coming from a youth that is supposedly educated. Pity!!!

36 Likes

Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by guiddoti: 2:59pm On Dec 07, 2016
dingbang:
grin
you are laughing, shut up. gringrin

2 Likes

Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by Atiku2019: 2:59pm On Dec 07, 2016
ItsTheBachelor:

OP,this is the first intelligent comment this person has ever posted.
I implore you to take into consideration this opinion of his.
And again,ignore the ediot that posted after this person.

grin grin grin grin
Haba I be Nice guy na

2 Likes

Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by igraman(m): 3:00pm On Dec 07, 2016
being an officer doesn't stop you from having an investment. Pls be wise bro.

2 Likes

Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by Mujaheeeden: 3:00pm On Dec 07, 2016
ItsTheBachelor:

And you wonder why Nigeria is in its present state. This is coming from a youth that is supposedly educated. Pity!!!
angry angry
Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by dingbang(m): 3:03pm On Dec 07, 2016
guiddoti:
you are laughing, shut up. gringrin
grin shatap

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by room089: 3:04pm On Dec 07, 2016
You see why must people run into problem? You are concerned that your present boss makes 80,000 naira in 3 days, have you deducted the original cost of those goods sold to know the balance? Don't forget he would settle his workers, pay for shop rent and other levies.

Please if you got the police job go, when you get a better opportunity elsewhere you can quietly resign.

Police like some agencies don't pay well, but know that your salary as a constable out-weighs what most states pay graduates in civil service. There is job security in the police job too. My dear don't despair, go for the job. Pray yu are posted to a nice place like governor's lodge, government house or attached to a protocol of a mighty politician or money bags you will never want to quite the police force so soon! Please when you've settled down, try and further your education so that you don't stagnate as a junior officer for life! Shalom

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by guiddoti: 3:07pm On Dec 07, 2016
dingbang:
grin shatap
sit-up grin
Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by Santafemetrix(m): 3:13pm On Dec 07, 2016
LastMumu:

I tire o. If a secondary school graduate can't write well, what the _fuck would he then know how to do?

That's the point: one cannot learn how to write in the university, even if you're majoring in English language, you can only improve and polish your grammar.

The basic foundation is secondary school, and should you miss that, it will then require personal effort and passion to improve.

24 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

United Bank For Africa (UBA) 2013 Recruitment / Nigerian Bottling Company Graduate Trainee Programme 2017 / Can You Have SEX With The BOSS To Get A Job In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.