Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,031 members, 7,818,044 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:51 AM

I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused (38627 Views)

Should I Accept This Police Job? / Candidates Applying For Police Job Hit Over 294,851 / Lady Reveals She Slept With A Manager During An Interview And Got The Job! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by Pascal181: 10:49pm On Dec 07, 2016
u have to take d job o, do u know u blocked someone's chance by applying nd being picked?

1 Like

Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by Nobody: 10:57pm On Dec 07, 2016
sweettease:

Ok; So you Shut up! That's an order! wink
LIKE! grin grin tongue

2 Likes

Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by Ayogbem15(m): 11:00pm On Dec 07, 2016
Guy use ur head,opportunity na once o

1 Like

Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by Alezy(m): 11:09pm On Dec 07, 2016
Atiku2019:
Nice Writeup for a SSCE holder smiley

Is your monthly salary as a salesman up to a police constables take home?

If not,

1) Join the Nigeria police force ( You are assured of your monthly pay)

2) Save from your monthly salaries

3) With your experience as a salesman you can start the same business in any state they deploy you to. (employ a sales girl)

4) When you've made enough cash from your business you can terminate your appointment with the NPF.

***** my opinion tho********

who told said u can just terminate like that?

1 Like

Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by hollypagan: 11:27pm On Dec 07, 2016
Sighing to be a criminal
Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by femi4: 11:30pm On Dec 07, 2016
kissGuys:
thank you...this seems to be a good plan

please before the bashers arrive...i would like to thank everyone that commented above...you all opinionated dsame thing..and i think its really the best thing to do....thank you all

am not doing this for publicity bt...to have a clear head...

thank you all for being very helpful...

nairalanders can be nice really #was expecting loads of curse words lipsrsealed
Don't worry....you go hear enough curse words when work start

1 Like

Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by Nobody: 11:36pm On Dec 07, 2016
kissGuys:
...please read carefully...

i am still very young.. in my late teens now...the last out of six siblings...done with secondary school....bt couldn't further because of finance....

right now tho...the last thing on my mind is furthering my education ...thing is...i see it as a waste of time and money...even though i intend going back...bt that will be when i have made some cool cash...

so...for at least two years since i rapped up secondary school...i have been working as a sales person for people...with few ups and downs once in a while...

then...the opportunity to join the Nigerian police came...right at the peak of a frustrating time...so i thought less before registering for constable cadre....went through all the processes...and now am selected...#do note that i did this with little or no help from anyone...so i think the selection this time is on merit#

bt the problem now is that...i have a bigger dream...i intend going into business if my brother will help...the NPF..tho is good bt..then wont give me the financial buttress that i aim for...

their salary scale is quite poor...imagine making sales of eighty thousand naira in 3days for my present boss...thats like the salary of an inspector...and we all know how long it takes to get to this rank....17 to 20 yrs.. just to be paid that amount...its quite dis-heartening... i blv starting a business will be more fruitful than joining the force...

bt on the other hand...i have no serious capital to start a business and i dont know if my brothers will be willing to support me financially...am quite skeptical about that...

so thats were the confusion sets in...i might reject the offer and my brothers may later disappoint me...i might take the job...bt will not be fulfilled knowing i would have been making much more money doing business.....

pls what is the best thing to do on this issue ??
am terribly confused
Take the police job. Firstly, it ensures job security. Secondly, as a federal government worker, you can obtain a loan and start up your dream business. You can be rich and pro tech lives in the process. I just read in the news how a former Basketball Star became a Sheriff or Mayor or thereabouts. Live your dream from the force bro.
And congrats!!!

1 Like

Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by MrRationaL(m): 11:42pm On Dec 07, 2016
ednut1:
hmmm dicey sha, follow ur mind. why are pple suprised he writes well. do u go to university to learn how to write/read angry
you stupidity is evaporating to 90%
Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by Nobody: 11:51pm On Dec 07, 2016
Zirah:
You write well. This shouldn't be an impression but with the number of university graduates with poor grammar these days, your voc is worthy of notice.

It would be a grave, tactless error to ditch a government job. Don't. Take it. Start your business when you've saved enough capital. Work for government and be your own boss.

Don't ever leave the force, even for the future.
When did you rap up your secondary school?
Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by Nobody: 11:53pm On Dec 07, 2016
Iam4Atiku:

Take the police job. Firstly, it ensures job security. Secondly, as a federal government worker, you can obtain a loan and start up your dream business. You can be rich and pro tech lives in the process. I just read in the news how a former Basketball Star became a Sheriff or Mayor or thereabouts. Live your dream from the force bro.
And congrats!!!
Job security.. When robbers are shooting them?

2 Likes

Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by peton28v: 11:57pm On Dec 07, 2016
Opportunity dances with only those who are willing to step on to the dance floor... click to dance in the rain
http://mblog.ng/logBUL?mn=225907&op=rec">http://mblog.ng/logBUL?mn=225907&op=rec
Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by Nobody: 11:57pm On Dec 07, 2016
mordtonia:

My brother!
The same thing is going through my mind right now.
Why are they surprised an SSCE holder can write well? Something a primary school child should be able to do. undecided
Is the country that bad? embarassed
Yea and folks expect universities to remedy the blunders. The roots are faulty: homes, peers, primary and secondary schools need restructuring.

1 Like

Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by Vick4rill(m): 12:01am On Dec 08, 2016
if we are not carefull, we will over-hype entrepreneurship, just like we over-hype education in this country.. so many people taught that owning a bussiness, is now a way to financial heaven.Nairaland and other blogging sites, have brainwashed people and literary impose that pride of:"i will not work for anybody" in them.. This was the same thing that happend between me and a friend, when i got the job am doing now. i try convincing my boss to bring him in. But deespite all my effort, what i got was that arrogant phrase of "i want to be my own boss". that was how this guy lost the oppourtunity of working with a federal parastertal. years letter the so-called bussiness could barely feed him and his family. Dont get me wrong, nobody is disputing the benefit of doing bussiness here. but we all should understand that bussiness is not always as rosy as we think. the little bussiness i just started now is flourishing due to the finance i uses from my salary to pump into it.

1 Like

Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by Omojolaray(m): 12:08am On Dec 08, 2016
ednut1:
hmmm dicey sha, follow ur mind. why are pple suprised he writes well. do u go to university to learn how to write/read angry
thank u
Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by bisi16(m): 12:10am On Dec 08, 2016
dingbang:
Shutup and take the police job. U think these constables are poor? Go to their villages and see the massive houses they building.
Yes! With bribes..

1 Like

Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by Bestinstinct(m): 12:18am On Dec 08, 2016
It is well

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by LegendaryArnold(m): 12:48am On Dec 08, 2016
Join the force, then run a part time during service. Bag a degree and sit for Cadet ASP or Cadet inspector exam.
Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by Depreacherman(m): 12:49am On Dec 08, 2016
OP please don't be offended at my opinion I just want to be real and talk to you like a brother, am very ashamed of you for this post, are u telling me you don't have a defined goal, dream or vision in life? You don't even know what you want, now you are actually joining NPF not because you have passion to serve your nation but for your selfish interest, people like you are the cause of the disasters in NPF today. People are now advising you to take the NPF job and resign later, bros let me tell you something "in life, if you want to do something because others are doing it, you will end up a victim" what do I mean, if you are not destined to be a police man you may loose your life before you could know what is happening, you know most time police is always a target. Am not trying to discourage you please but go back to your drawing board and discover your destiny, it's only your destiny that can stand u out in your generation , if you do because others are doing you will end up a failure. I wish I could talk to you one on one but just take it like this for now. Conclusion: for you to enjoy your life, you must define your life, taking a wrong career is like marring a wrong woman! Had I know comes at last! Don't be a victim. I drop my case

2 Likes

Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by itzsniper(m): 12:49am On Dec 08, 2016
these are d future bad eggs in d police, imagine u wet neva begin dey wear uniform don begin dey dream of millions, so u applied for d job for d money and not to serve d country. best advice, dnt take d jab coz u don't dsav it, with ur mindset, guy u nor fit last for d jab coz u go soon turn armed robber if u don start dey carry gun

1 Like

Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by drmikeadams(m): 12:56am On Dec 08, 2016
Nutase:
Bros u sound too ambitious to join NPF. NPF will kill your ambition and leave you a poor man. Forget all that bribe they collect on the road, the money is cursed and does not add much to them.
It's not as easy as people are making it sound to resign from NPF.
grin grin grin..God bless u..u said it all...nigerian police na destiny kil,lers
Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by Nobody: 1:29am On Dec 08, 2016
elfmann:

Job security.. When robbers are shooting them?
OK, maybe I don't understand the sacarsm here. That's if there is any!
Job security doesn't translate to life security.
Job security means you are validly employed and your appointment cannot be terminated just like that, without some tedious procedures and severance packages and entitlements.

While you're at your place of secured job, there are job hazards that may even lead to death. Doesn't mean your job wasn't secured, it means your life wasn't. That's why even in death, you get your entitlement as if you were retired.
Hope this helps boy!

1 Like

Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by DedeNkem: 2:11am On Dec 08, 2016
Well, Nigerian police get a second salary from bribery
Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by Nobody: 3:02am On Dec 08, 2016
dingbang:
grin

They said you should shut up and you are still flashing teeth there like a f00l!!
Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by incredibledan(m): 3:28am On Dec 08, 2016
I am quite surprised that in all three pages of comments so far only a thumb full of persons could actually mention the fact that

(1) This kind of persons are the bad eggs in the NPF... Imagine if this one gets a chance to take bribe and become rich, what will he do?.. I will leave that for you guys to answer.

(2) This young man doesn't even know what it means to be in the force.

(3) This young man is not driven by passion, but by confusion.

Its such a shame that the shameful advice spurned by the hardship and recession keeps pouring in. This goes a long way to show our lack of proper thinking.

Part of the insanity checks that is supposed to be carried out on members of any security agency should of course includw the desire for money, for it is more dangerous mental state than that of an actual mental person on the street.

I do not intend to go far but let this sink somewhere for the young man... There are thousands of ways to make money. And good money.

Its even more shameful to advice the young man to join the force with his huge dream for wealth. How many police men can boast of a even a pathfinder SUV...

Brother if your dream is to become wealthy, then I advice you reconsider your choices. No dream that is motivated by money is ever achieved. It can only take time to reveal that time has been wasted... You might hold on to the police job as a succour in this trying times but please do not see it as a money spinner...for only corrupt police officers can achieve that and through the most defiant and dis-speakable of manners.

Thank you

4 Likes

Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by contra(m): 3:57am On Dec 08, 2016
@KissGuys, The primary aim of joining the police force should never be to make ends meet or forjob security. it should rather be to secure lives and property and because one has passion for security otherwise one may end up frustrated and join the "bad gang" - bribe collection and other vices.

For you to sound this intelligent at your age it means you can make it with little or no assistance from your brother. what you need to know is learn the rudiments of money making and improve on it. you'll be home and dry in no time.

my advise would be that you do not take the police job please.

Thank you for doing the right thing.

2 Likes

Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by contra(m): 3:58am On Dec 08, 2016
Double post
Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by Christo724(m): 4:42am On Dec 08, 2016
I can see! You are indeed confused
Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by bigiyaro(m): 5:03am On Dec 08, 2016
dingbang:
Shutup and take the police job. U think these constables are poor? Go to their villages and see the massive houses they building.
guy those constables are quite poor, those ones u see building *massive * houses r thieves.
Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by lumydee44: 5:04am On Dec 08, 2016
I think the NPF made a mistake selecting you. Your motive to join the force is money. If you eventually join, you'll be one of them that can't lay down their life to save a little girl. We need people that really want to serve in the force. I pray they don't pick you eventually when you get to the final phase. Nigerians being a police is more than the salary. Most do it to make a difference.
Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by sean079: 5:29am On Dec 08, 2016
kissGuys:
...please read carefully...

i am still very young.. in my late teens now...the last out of six siblings...done with secondary school....bt couldn't further because of finance....

right now tho...the last thing on my mind is furthering my education ...thing is...i see it as a waste of time and money...even though i intend going back...bt that will be when i have made some cool cash...

so...for at least two years since i rapped up secondary school...i have been working as a sales person for people...with few ups and downs once in a while...

then...the opportunity to join the Nigerian police came...right at the peak of a frustrating time...so i thought less before registering for constable cadre....went through all the processes...and now am selected...#do note that i did this with little or no help from anyone...so i think the selection this time is on merit#

bt the problem now is that...i have a bigger dream...i intend going into business if my brother will help...the NPF..tho is good bt..then wont give me the financial buttress that i aim for...

their salary scale is quite poor...imagine making sales of eighty thousand naira in 3days for my present boss...thats like the salary of an inspector...and we all know how long it takes to get to this rank....17 to 20 yrs.. just to be paid that amount...its quite dis-heartening... i blv starting a business will be more fruitful than joining the force...

bt on the other hand...i have no serious capital to start a business and i dont know if my brothers will be willing to support me financially...am quite skeptical about that...

so thats were the confusion sets in...i might reject the offer and my brothers may later disappoint me...i might take the job...bt will not be fulfilled knowing i would have been making much more money doing business.....

pls what is the best thing to do on this issue ??
am terribly confused

Bro, u av 3 task at hand u need take serious. Ur education, business sagacity n police job. Now note dat u can rise fast to the rank of officer in few years if u incorporate ur academic qualification into ur rank n file police status. So i will advice u go back to school n get degree in any crime or political studies or any course dat av relationship to police job. U Being in d system already will get u selected easily for officer course . Ensure u use ur spare tym to do what u like n dats ur business. Dis is d way to go n u can achieve ur dream if ure determine n diligent.

1 Like

Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by sean079: 5:42am On Dec 08, 2016
Beside, all guys castigating the young chap should please stop. Seems most of u dont know about npf rank n file salary scale n job conditions. Have u been to their barrack b4, go n c how they are living. Npf rank and file is one of the employment offer i wont even advice my enemy to take. Reason u c dem appearing unkept everytime n always asking 4 bribe

1 Like

Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by faaiz4ever(m): 5:46am On Dec 08, 2016
lumydee44:
I think the NPF made a mistake selecting you. Your motive to join the force is money. If you eventually join, you'll be one of them that can't lay down their life to save a little girl. We need people that really want to serve in the force. I pray they don't pick you eventually when you get to the final phase. Nigerians being a police is more than the salary. Most do it to make a difference.

I don't know what to say to you seriously, you need people that wants to serve, why you no join to serve others? why did you go to school? Why are you working where you are working now? Is it not to make money, or are you going to be feeding him? You can condemn the passion but the motive for everyone is to make money. Instead of you to condemn the system and the govt thats not paying them well, seriously I still imagine why anyone would want to join the police sef, salary no good, u fit die anytime. Dont be selfish in ur thinking.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Bottling Company Graduate Trainee Programme 2017 / Can You Have SEX With The BOSS To Get A Job In Nigeria? / Airforce DSSC 2012 Aptitude Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.