Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,890 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:17 AM

I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused (38647 Views)

Should I Accept This Police Job? / Candidates Applying For Police Job Hit Over 294,851 / Lady Reveals She Slept With A Manager During An Interview And Got The Job! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by Kimikazi2: 5:51am On Dec 08, 2016
dingbang:
Shutup and take the police job. U think these constables are poor? Go to their villages and see the massive houses they building.
Through bribery and corruption.:-)
Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by divinelove(m): 5:55am On Dec 08, 2016
kissGuys:
...please read carefully...

i am still very young.. in my late teens now...the last out of six siblings...done with secondary school....bt couldn't further because of finance....

right now tho...the last thing on my mind is furthering my education ...thing is...i see it as a waste of time and money...even though i intend going back...bt that will be when i have made some cool cash...

so...for at least two years since i rapped up secondary school...i have been working as a sales person for people...with few ups and downs once in a while...

then...the opportunity to join the Nigerian police came...right at the peak of a frustrating time...so i thought less before registering for constable cadre....went through all the processes...and now am selected...#do note that i did this with little or no help from anyone...so i think the selection this time is on merit#

bt the problem now is that...i have a bigger dream...i intend going into business if my brother will help...the NPF..tho is good bt..then wont give me the financial buttress that i aim for...

their salary scale is quite poor...imagine making sales of eighty thousand naira in 3days for my present boss...thats like the salary of an inspector...and we all know how long it takes to get to this rank....17 to 20 yrs.. just to be paid that amount...its quite dis-heartening... i blv starting a business will be more fruitful than joining the force...

bt on the other hand...i have no serious capital to start a business and i dont know if my brothers will be willing to support me financially...am quite skeptical about that...

so thats were the confusion sets in...i might reject the offer and my brothers may later disappoint me...i might take the job...bt will not be fulfilled knowing i would have been making much more money doing business.....

pls what is the best thing to do on this issue ??
am terribly confused

Join the NPF further ur education to degree level using national open University of Nigeria and then start ur business. It is foolish for you to think education is a waste and at barely 20 making money shld not b ur only priority. Educating urself after taking this job shld b ur priority so u can grow on the job.

If u reject the NPF offer BC of its initial little salary u will regret it forever, d job offers u financial security with no uncertainty dts d best part.
Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by Jidibia(m): 6:00am On Dec 08, 2016
ItsTheBachelor:

And you wonder why Nigeria is in its present state. This is coming from a youth that is supposedly educated. Pity!!!
Who cares?
Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by donpedro001(m): 6:24am On Dec 08, 2016
kissGuys:

i am still very young.. in my late teens now...the last out of six siblings...done with secondary school....bt couldn't further because of finance....

right now tho...the last thing on my mind is furthering my education ...thing is...i see it as a waste of time and money...even though i intend going back...bt that will be when i have made some cool cash...

so...for at least two years since i rapped up secondary school...i have been working as a sales person for people...with few ups and downs once in a while...

then...the opportunity to join the Nigerian police came...right at the peak of a frustrating time...so i thought less before registering for constable cadre....went through all the processes...and now am selected...#do note that i did this with little or no help from anyone...so i think the selection this time is on merit#

bt the problem now is that...i have a bigger dream...i intend going into business if my brother will help...the NPF..tho is good bt..then wont give me the financial buttress that i aim for...

their salary scale is quite poor...imagine making sales of eighty thousand naira in 3days for my present boss...thats like the salary of an inspector...and we all know how long it takes to get to this rank....17 to 20 yrs.. just to be paid that amount...its quite dis-heartening... i blv starting a business will be more fruitful than joining the force...

bt on the other hand...i have no serious capital to start a business and i dont know if my brothers will be willing to support me financially...am quite skeptical about that...

so thats were the confusion sets in...i might reject the offer and my brothers may later disappoint me...i might take the job...bt will not be fulfilled knowing i would have been making much more money doing business.....

am terribly confused

guy start packing up, off u go to the NPF
Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by DrHighchief(m): 6:42am On Dec 08, 2016
sweettease:

Ok; So you Shut up! That's an order! wink
Una get work. Make una continue
Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by tripoli007(m): 6:55am On Dec 08, 2016
Join the force and then hunt after fraudsters ,in no time you will make enough money from doing that or better still mingle with yahoo boiz,most of this police guys do yahoo Lowkey .. In other words don't dull ,no time to check time ..
Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by Tobycharles: 7:00am On Dec 08, 2016
Atiku2019:
Nice Writeup for a SSCE holder smiley

Is your monthly salary as a salesman up to a police constables take home?

If not,

1) Join the Nigeria police force ( You are assured of your monthly pay)

2) Save from your monthly salaries

3) With your experience as a salesman you can start the same business in any state they deploy you to. (employ a sales girl)

4) When you've made enough cash from your business you can terminate your appointment with the NPF.

***** my opinion tho********

Buh pray ur life ain't terminated before the said time
Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by Atiku2019: 7:03am On Dec 08, 2016
Tobycharles:
Buh pray ur life ain't terminated before the said time

I don't pray for long life, I only pray whenever I leave this planet I should chill in Heaven smiley
Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by Nobody: 7:13am On Dec 08, 2016
PaperLace:

He could be useful in the other room.
Very important smiley

All your life your primary concern has always been in the other room. With that your big head and flat yansh.

Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by willibounce1(m): 7:21am On Dec 08, 2016
Start the police job and with time you can decide if you really want to continue or not. At least you'll learn one or two things from the job. You never can tell it might take you to the next level.

Some small rank police men get money pass bankers o. So no dey use hungry man eye look them.

Most of the policemen on bikes (usually 2) wey dey lekki dey catch people wey beat traffic light dey make serious money o. They don't collect anything less than 5k and that's with serious begging. You can say they are corrupt but would you rather have your car impounded and pay 20k fine? Imagine collecting 5k from like just 5 cars and at the end of the day they share 12500 each.

Oga join police o.
Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by willibounce1(m): 7:26am On Dec 08, 2016
Depreacherman:
OP please don't be offended at my opinion I just want to be real and talk to you like a brother, am very ashamed of you for this post, are u telling me you don't have a defined goal, dream or vision in life? You don't even know what you want, now you are actually joining NPF not because you have passion to serve your nation but for your selfish interest, people like you are the cause of the disasters in NPF today. People are now advising you to take the NPF job and resign later, bros let me tell you something "in life, if you want to do something because others are doing it, you will end up a victim" what do I mean, if you are not destined to be a police man you may loose your life before you could know what is happening, you know most time police is always a target. Am not trying to discourage you please but go back to your drawing board and discover your destiny, it's only your destiny that can stand u out in your generation , if you do because others are doing you will end up a failure. I wish I could talk to you one on one but just take it like this for now. Conclusion: for you to enjoy your life, you must define your life, taking a wrong career is like marring a wrong woman! Had I know comes at last! Don't be a victim. I drop my case

Is anybody destined to be a policeman?
Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by NafeesaAA(f): 7:29am On Dec 08, 2016
They have not join the force yet but the they are thinking of not accepting the offer or quitting mid way. Tomorrow they will be the ones to come to Naira land and complain about how Hausa or Northerners dominate the police.
Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by 4tune490(m): 7:31am On Dec 08, 2016
You can not serve two Master at a time. If you choose to run the two mehn you might end up collecting bribes just to meet up your capital for your business, as d thing Dey sweet dey go sef, u fit forget ur initial dream so it's Either you dedicate your life serving your fathers land or you serve yourself.
Abeg don't add up to the corrupt NPF Cuz they all have the same wishes as u were aspiring to be.
Gud luck.
Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by blackprowler: 7:34am On Dec 08, 2016
Atiku2019:

If not,

3) With your experience as a salesman you can start the same business in any state they deploy you to. (employ a sales girl)

4) When you've made enough cash from your business you can terminate your appointment with the NPF.

See what Nigerians have done to education. So an SSCE holder has not been educated sufficiently to express himself correctly in English? In your own PhD class, they teach you English there too abi? NIGERIA IS A JOKE! Nigerians don't know nada! The problem with Nigeria is all the Nigerian people. Continue to amass all the degrees while you bring them all down to the Nigerian level. Jokers!
Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by Cortana2: 7:38am On Dec 08, 2016
kissGuys:

am terribly confused

I'd advise you go into business. It may be rough at first, but you'll definitely make good progress. If you however decide to join the NPF, getting out may become a difficult thing to do.
Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by Tobycharles: 8:07am On Dec 08, 2016
Atiku2019:

I don't pray for long life, I only pray whenever I leave this planet I should chill in Heaven smiley
Ofcourse, sole aim of every sane being, nevertheless a legacy must b set in d shortest period of time
Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by femialade(m): 8:09am On Dec 08, 2016
Histrings08:
A bird in hand..... Complete d rest bro
Na meat to roast

1 Like

Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by Zirah: 8:22am On Dec 08, 2016
I didn't rap up my secondary school. Some long years now. Why? Want me to home school you? grin grin grin grin grin grin

elfmann:

When did you rap up your secondary school?
Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by vislabraye(m): 8:26am On Dec 08, 2016
kissGuys:

am terribly confused

See, take the police job. QED.

You see education as a waste if time and money ? . That's the height of ignorance. Well, it's a personal thing, though. If you want to join the police, you'll need to further you education to go far.
But since you want to do business, not bad too. Are you sure your brothers you're hoping on will be able to give you the capital when needed?
Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by mapet: 8:37am On Dec 08, 2016
sweettease:

dingbang: :
Shutup and take the police job. U think these constables are poor? Go to their villages and see the massive houses they building.
Must you insult the OP before you make sense? undecided

Did he even make any sense?
Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by mapet: 8:39am On Dec 08, 2016
ItsTheBachelor:

Atiku2019:
:
Nice Writeup for an SSCE holder smiley

If not,

OP,this is the first intelligent comment this person has ever posted.

I implore you to take into consideration this opinion of his.

And again,ignore the ediot that posted after this person.

I was about saying same
Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by mapet: 8:42am On Dec 08, 2016
room089:
Y[b]ou see why must people run into problem? You are concerned that your present boss makes 80,000 naira in 3 days,[/b] have you deducted the original cost of those goods sold to know the balance? Don't forget he would settle his workers, pay for shop rent and other levies.

Please if you got the police job go, when you get a better opportunity elsewhere you can quietly resign.

Police like some agencies don't pay well, but know that your salary as a constable out-weighs what most states pay graduates in civil service. There is job security in the police job too. My dear don't despair, go for the job. Pray yu are posted to a nice place like governor's lodge, government house or attached to a protocol of a mighty politician or money bags you will never want to quite the police force so soon! Please when you've settled down, try and further your education so that you don't stagnate as a junior officer for life! Shalom

Thanks Bro,

What people don't realise is that it may take an average of 5-10years of learning the ropes/business before you attain the potential of making 80k in 3days
Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by skedy1(m): 8:51am On Dec 08, 2016
dingbang:
Shutup isn't an insult, it's an order. cool

Hehehe, I d tell u!
Nairaland is truly a country!
Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by skedy1(m): 8:56am On Dec 08, 2016
khristal87:
I ws invited fr NPF special duties, i turned it down because f a promising lecturing job...now i ve missed both..think twice, don't make d same mistake

Uncle op, hope you can see this

Use your head, it isn't that watery!
Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by nuradeen011(m): 8:59am On Dec 08, 2016
kissGuys:

am terribly confused
you can still further your education after you spent some years in the NP
Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by Mpanyi: 9:19am On Dec 08, 2016
truthsayer007:

Abi o my sister, as far as i can see, he wasn't even using good punctuation marks, but he's spellings was Ok.

And your punctuation marks were okay? If you didn't want to contribute positively to the post it's better you stayed off. And come to think of it I was really wowed by his written English. Let's call a spade a spade. Most graduates cannot write that good!

1 Like

Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by nkpommpko(m): 9:32am On Dec 08, 2016
If you not corrupt, then you are wasting your time in the police force, can't be rich on that Salary.
Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by Histrings08(m): 9:39am On Dec 08, 2016
femialade:

Na meat to roast
... Exactly my point... Eat that one while u hunt for anoda...
Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by Histrings08(m): 9:39am On Dec 08, 2016
Elchappo:

Can sh1t on ur hand
then clean it nd move on
Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by Brightology2(m): 9:41am On Dec 08, 2016
dingbang:

Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by abizo(m): 9:48am On Dec 08, 2016
Atiku2019:

If not,

3) With your experience as a salesman you can start the same business in any state they deploy you to. (employ a sales gir

Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by NokiaN8(m): 9:54am On Dec 08, 2016
take the police job and God blessing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Bottling Company Graduate Trainee Programme 2017 / Can You Have SEX With The BOSS To Get A Job In Nigeria? / Airforce DSSC 2012 Aptitude Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.