Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,474 members, 7,819,728 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:50 PM

I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused (38640 Views)

Should I Accept This Police Job? / Candidates Applying For Police Job Hit Over 294,851 / Lady Reveals She Slept With A Manager During An Interview And Got The Job! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by sweettease(f): 10:25am On Dec 08, 2016
mapet:

Did he even make any sense?
Lol... I was talking about the take the job part in his post
Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by upuphim(m): 10:50am On Dec 08, 2016
From your write up, you do not have a dream either to fight crime or serve the nation. You got the offer which you did on trial and error process. Your quest for education and money may not even allow you endure Police training. In those days, it was possible to go to school while in Force, I don't know how it is today. However, joining the NPF as a Constable is suffer head. Go to school first and join as a Cadet Inspector or ASP is my candid advice if you love Police job. Ask for your Sales job, do it excellently, you may be favoured to get a sponsor to enable you start your own business. Meanwhile, you can enroll for part-time education while still doing sales rep job. Its up to you to make a wise decision.
Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by Cruz40(m): 10:51am On Dec 08, 2016
Police is your friend but don't let the spirit of black and black carry you away
Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by ocheejemb: 11:35am On Dec 08, 2016
Take the job now, with a mindset of raising capital for business, and looking out for opportunities.
Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by hopeforcharles(m): 11:40am On Dec 08, 2016
Mujaheeeden:
Boy join Police and in the next 3yrs you can resign and save up to run your own business.

As a Policeman never you reject a good bribe if you want your dream to come true
What if they post him to sambiza, or yobe, you guys don't love this guy @ all
Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by Nobody: 11:45am On Dec 08, 2016
My Advise To You Is This; Don't Join The Police! Not That Is Bad, But Because Is Obvious To Me That You Are Joining The Police 100% For Money. Is True That We All Need Money To Survive, But Money Shouldn't Be The Only Reason Why Any Body Should Join The Force. There Should Be At Least Something You Like In Being A Police Officer Before Looking At The Pay. If You Join Just For The Money, You Will Be Corrupted In No Time And We Will Have Another Bad Police Officer In The System.
Since You Still Want To Further Your Education, Talk To Your Brothers Or Family To Know If They Can Be Helping. Since You Are Youngest, I Think They Should Have Called You, Sit You Down And Ask You What You Want To Do And Stuff Like That.
Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by alaskido(m): 12:00pm On Dec 08, 2016
Take the Police job and you can also do your business in parallel. It all depends on the kind of business. You can employ someone to do the running while you still concentrate on your police job.
Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by omotolatutu19: 1:32pm On Dec 08, 2016
Mujaheeeden:
Boy join Police and in the next 3yrs you can resign and save up to run your own business.

As a Policeman never you reject a good bribe if you want your dream to come true
Man, check yourself before you wreck yourself. "CHANGE BEGINS WITH YOU"
Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by omotolatutu19: 1:36pm On Dec 08, 2016
cimek:
My Advise To You Is This; Don't Join The Police! Not That Is Bad, But Because Is Obvious To Me That You Are Joining The Police 100% For Money. Is True That We All Need Money To Survive, But Money Shouldn't Be The Only Reason Why Any Body Should Join The Force. There Should Be At Least Something You Like In Being A Police Officer Before Looking At The Pay. If You Join Just For The Money, You Will Be Corrupted In No Time And We Will Have Another Bad Police Officer In The System.
Since You Still Want To Further Your Education, Talk To Your Brothers Or Family To Know If They Can Be Helping. Since You Are Youngest, I Think They Should Have Called You, Sit You Down And Ask You What You Want To Do And Stuff Like That.
This is a good opinion too. Life could be frustrating if you are not fulfilled at what you are doing. Think well and also pray for God's direction. Good luck!

1 Like

Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by stanvesco(m): 12:07am On Dec 09, 2016
kissGuys:
...please read carefully...

i am still very young.. in my late teens now...the last out of six siblings...done with secondary school....bt couldn't further because of finance....

right now tho...the last thing on my mind is furthering my education ...thing is...i see it as a waste of time and money...even though i intend going back...bt that will be when i have made some cool cash...

so...for at least two years since i rapped up secondary school...i have been working as a sales person for people...with few ups and downs once in a while...

then...the opportunity to join the Nigerian police came...right at the peak of a frustrating time...so i thought less before registering for constable cadre....went through all the processes...and now am selected...#do note that i did this with little or no help from anyone...so i think the selection this time is on merit#

bt the problem now is that...i have a bigger dream...i intend going into business if my brother will help...the NPF..tho is good bt..then wont give me the financial buttress that i aim for...

their salary scale is quite poor...imagine making sales of eighty thousand naira in 3days for my present boss...thats like the salary of an inspector...and we all know how long it takes to get to this rank....17 to 20 yrs.. just to be paid that amount...its quite dis-heartening... i blv starting a business will be more fruitful than joining the force...

bt on the other hand...i have no serious capital to start a business and i dont know if my brothers will be willing to support me financially...am quite skeptical about that...

so thats were the confusion sets in...i might reject the offer and my brothers may later disappoint me...i might take the job...bt will not be fulfilled knowing i would have been making much more money doing business.....

pls what is the best thing to do on this issue ??
am terribly confused

what business o you have in mind
what line of business is ur present boss
let's talk on whatsapp
Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by obindomanya(m): 12:31am On Dec 09, 2016
kissGuys:

i am still very young.. in my late teens now...the last out of six siblings...done with secondary school....bt couldn't further because of finance....

right now tho...the last thing on my mind is furthering my education ...thing is...i see it as a waste of time and money...even though i intend going back...bt that will be when i have made some cool cash...

so...for at least two years since i rapped up secondary school...i have been working as a sales person for people...with few ups and downs once in a while...

then...the opportunity to join the Nigerian police came...right at the peak of a frustrating time...so i thought less before registering for constable cadre....went through all the processes...and now am selected...#do note that i did this with little or no help from anyone...so i think the selection this time is on merit#

bt the problem now is that...i have a bigger dream...i intend going into business if my brother will help...the NPF..tho is good bt..then wont give me the financial buttress that i aim for...

their salary scale is quite poor...imagine making sales of eighty thousand naira in 3days for my present boss...thats like the salary of an inspector...and we all know how long it takes to get to this rank....17 to 20 yrs.. just to be paid that amount...its quite dis-heartening... i blv starting a business will be more fruitful than joining the force...

bt on the other hand...i have no serious capital to start a business and i dont know if my brothers will be willing to support me financially...am quite skeptical about that...

so thats were the confusion sets in...i might reject the offer and my brothers may later disappoint me...i might take the job...bt will not be fulfilled knowing i would have been making much more money doing business.....

pls what is the best thing to do on this issue ??
am terribly confused
The witches in ur village are fanning themselves with ur picture.... An opportunity, a thousand and one youths are looking for!
Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by emyrald91(m): 7:38am On Dec 09, 2016
kissGuys:

i am still very young.. in my late teens now...

their salary scale is quite poor...imagine making sales of eighty thousand naira in 3days for my present boss...thats like the salary of an inspector...

am terribly confused

nice write-up, I love your presentation, but:
1. you make a sales of 80k for your boss, who told you that is all gains? his gain there might be around 5k.
2. who told you inspectors earn 80k as salary?
3. Don't you think that those constables make nearly 80k fro roger and other backyard deals alone?

my bro, take the job and don't let your age affect your decisions.

1 Like

Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by ArcToyin(m): 1:37pm On Dec 28, 2016
khristal87:
I ws invited fr NPF special duties, i turned it dwn because f a promising leturing job...now i ve missed both..think teice, dnt mke d same mistake
sorry for that.
Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jan 01, 2017
dingbang:
Shutup and take the police job. U think these constables are poor? Go to their villages and see the massive houses they building.
It is not from their salaries Na.Na egunje from okada riders,keke napep and Danfo drivers Na.
Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by mumbasa: 11:39pm On Jan 01, 2017
Join the force and take BRIBE, Go to NOUN and do part-time study any course then present your credential UPGRADE to the police and you will not take 17 years to rise to your desired rank.

You want to do business , you don't have capital you don't have an established business in mind you are waiting for your uncle, you could be disappointed and frustrated for life.

A bird at hand is worth more than four in the bush

1 Like

Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by Pedimathias: 12:35pm On Dec 14, 2017
Resigning from a job that involves the use of fire arms is not that easy. U will be the number 1 suspect incase of any criminal activities around you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Bottling Company Graduate Trainee Programme 2017 / Can You Have SEX With The BOSS To Get A Job In Nigeria? / Airforce DSSC 2012 Aptitude Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.