Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,785 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:21 PM

I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused (38642 Views)

Should I Accept This Police Job? / Candidates Applying For Police Job Hit Over 294,851 / Lady Reveals She Slept With A Manager During An Interview And Got The Job! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by globatop: 9:37pm On Dec 07, 2016
Being an entrepreneur is good, but the challenges are great, we read the success story of entrepreneurs daily, but what is the percentage. With constant earnings from police job, u could do part time courses to shore up ur promotions. U r articulate, jut be focused, human beings are not dependable , business is risky, Providence is not predictable. God will guide ur steps.

1 Like

Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by AngelsAndStars(m): 9:38pm On Dec 07, 2016
LorDBolton:
Seriously 'we' the citizens are the problem with this country.

Police ain't 'play-play' you do it cos u wanna serve and protect.

If you weren't motivated...why apply?

Don't turn into those useless men harassing drivers for 'roger' at check points.

If you ain't going there to serve then pls follow ur dreams n leave the NPF job.

The other thread someone who hasn't started work is talking about allowance. Smh
I almost gave up on the thread till I saw this. putting the entire nation at risk because of his own dreams.

we are too busy for ourselves that we ignore "the system" which we are supposed to work on.

cc: kissGuys

2 Likes

Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by Hemanwel(m): 9:38pm On Dec 07, 2016
From what I can deduce here, OP's mind is not in the Police Force cos he has been exposed to money.
My advice to you is this: since the person whom you think wants to raise capital for you has not done so, I would advice you take up the police job first; pending when the capital would come.
A N500/month police job at hand is worth millions wey your brother promise you oh!

1 Like

Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by stobery(m): 9:39pm On Dec 07, 2016
kissGuys:
...please read carefully...

i am still very young.. in my late teens now...the last out of six siblings...done with secondary school....bt couldn't further because of finance....

right now tho...the last thing on my mind is furthering my education ...thing is...i see it as a waste of time and money...even though i intend going back...bt that will be when i have made some cool cash...

so...for at least two years since i rapped up secondary school...i have been working as a sales person for people...with few ups and downs once in a while...

then...the opportunity to join the Nigerian police came...right at the peak of a frustrating time...so i thought less before registering for constable cadre....went through all the processes...and now am selected...#do note that i did this with little or no help from anyone...so i think the selection this time is on merit#

bt the problem now is that...i have a bigger dream...i intend going into business if my brother will help...the NPF..tho is good bt..then wont give me the financial buttress that i aim for...

their salary scale is quite poor...imagine making sales of eighty thousand naira in 3days for my present boss...thats like the salary of an inspector...and we all know how long it takes to get to this rank....17 to 20 yrs.. just to be paid that amount...its quite dis-heartening... i blv starting a business will be more fruitful than joining the force...

bt on the other hand...i have no serious capital to start a business and i dont know if my brothers will be willing to support me financially...am quite skeptical about that...

so thats were the confusion sets in...i might reject the offer and my brothers may later disappoint me...i might take the job...bt will not be fulfilled knowing i would have been making much more money doing business.....

pls what is the best thing to do on this issue ??
am terribly confused

Take the job, after sometimes apply for a loan from their loan scheme and get ur biz on track

1 Like

Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by AngelsAndStars(m): 9:40pm On Dec 07, 2016
bxcode:
It's only in Nigeria that people join the police, not out of passion to serve and protect the masses but to make money. What a country!
Just imagine what so-called leaders of tomorrow are deliberating on. such a disgusting thread.

1 Like

Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by amanikondo: 9:41pm On Dec 07, 2016
You dont want to crawl before you walk.

Go and work and start a business from the money you save. Stop being a parasite to your brother.

1 Like

Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by Dfinex(f): 9:41pm On Dec 07, 2016
ednut1:
hmmm dicey sha, follow ur mind. why are pple suprised he writes well. do u go to university to learn how to write/read angry

me sef come tire o

1 Like

Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by micflo28(m): 9:43pm On Dec 07, 2016
Because you have no chosen to steal or to swindle people off their money, may you be a blessing to your generation. Please meet your brothers Asap before concluding on being skeptical of their help. That is why you are family. If they don't come up with anything fruitful, then proceed to joining the force, And my advice when you join, “Be honest and patriotic".
Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by Nobody: 9:44pm On Dec 07, 2016
ednut1:
hmmm dicey sha, follow ur mind. why are pple suprised he writes well. do u go to university to learn how to write/read angry

My brother!
The same thing is going through my mind right now.
Why are they surprised an SSCE holder can write well? Something a primary school child should be able to do. undecided
Is the country that bad? embarassed

3 Likes

Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by Nobody: 9:51pm On Dec 07, 2016
mordtonia:

My brother!
The same thing is going through my mind right now.
Why are they surprised an SSCE holder can write well? Something a primary school child should be able to do. undecided
Is the country that bad? embarassed

Abi o my sister, as far as i can see, he wasn't even using good punctuation marks, but he's spellings was Ok.
Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by Yyeske(m): 9:56pm On Dec 07, 2016
khristal87:
I ws invited fr NPF special duties, i turned it dwn because f a promising leturing job...now i ve missed both..think teice, dnt mke d same mistake
I love your sarcasm
Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by princetom1(m): 9:57pm On Dec 07, 2016
iHart:
He has passion for Police job that was why he applied in the first place. He doesn't even have passion for sales person that's why he is considering quitting the job to start his own or join the police. The bottom line is that he wants to make big money considering the angle he is viewing his boss' business.

Read his write up again. He applied for the police job out of frustration, when he wasn't thinking about it

1 Like

Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by codedt89(m): 10:01pm On Dec 07, 2016
kissGuys:

i am still very young.. in my late teens now...the last out of six siblings...done with secondary school....bt couldn't further because of finance....

right now tho...the last thing on my mind is furthering my education ...thing is...i see it as a waste of time and money...even though i intend going back...bt that will be when i have made some cool cash...

so...for at least two years since i rapped up secondary school...i have been working as a sales person for people...with few ups and downs once in a while...

then...the opportunity to join the Nigerian police came...right at the peak of a frustrating time...so i thought less before registering for constable cadre....went through all the processes...and now am selected...#do note that i did this with little or no help from anyone...so i think the selection this time is on merit#

bt the problem now is that...i have a bigger dream...i intend going into business if my brother will help...the NPF..tho is good bt..then wont give me the financial buttress that i aim for...

their salary scale is quite poor...imagine making sales of eighty thousand naira in 3days for my present boss...thats like the salary of an inspector...and we all know how long it takes to get to this rank....17 to 20 yrs.. just to be paid that amount...its quite dis-heartening... i blv starting a business will be more fruitful than joining the force...

bt on the other hand...i have no serious capital to start a business and i dont know if my brothers will be willing to support me financially...am quite skeptical about that...

so thats were the confusion sets in...i might reject the offer and my brothers may later disappoint me...i might take the job...bt will not be fulfilled knowing i would have been making much more money doing business.....

am terribly confused
what kind of business are you talking abt here if I may ask?? You never can tell someone might be interested in a partnership agreement with you.

1 Like

Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by Nobody: 10:02pm On Dec 07, 2016
dingbang:
Shutup and take the police job. U think these constables are poor? Go to their villages and see the massive houses they building.

Blood Money

1 Like

Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by codedt89(m): 10:03pm On Dec 07, 2016
codedt89:
what kind of business are you talking abt here if I may ask?? You never can tell someone might be interested in a partnership agreement with you.
Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by Girlbestfriend(f): 10:05pm On Dec 07, 2016
How much is this money anyway? send your account details, I am sure the post below me wee "shake body" he is a good Samaritan
Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by Nobody: 10:09pm On Dec 07, 2016
I hav a colleague after all smiley
Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by paradigmshift(m): 10:11pm On Dec 07, 2016
ItsTheBachelor:

And you wonder why Nigeria is in its present state. This is coming from a youth that is supposedly educated. Pity!!!

make e no take bribe b4. guy move.. holy holy
Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by Elchappo: 10:11pm On Dec 07, 2016
Histrings08:
A bird in hand..... Complete d rest bro

Can sh1t on ur hand

3 Likes

Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by Tajbol4splend(m): 10:12pm On Dec 07, 2016
sweettease:
With all the insults thrown at police officers, people tend to appreciate getting the job more than you'd think cheesy

Police job is a job for the jobless man. What can one do when it is the only way to survive, I'm not tryna make fun of OP but I don't pray to God to make me face a challenge that will make me think of joining the force.
Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by anyicash(m): 10:17pm On Dec 07, 2016
sweettease:

Must you insult the OP before you make sense? undecided
But note this "shut up" is neva an insult but rather an advice.
Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by sweettease(f): 10:21pm On Dec 07, 2016
anyicash:
But note this "shut up" is neva an insult but rather an advice.
Oh shut up! undecided
Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by monlawal(m): 10:23pm On Dec 07, 2016
I must confess, the OP wowed me with his command of english. You know you can be the inspector general of police. #further_your_education_and_watch your_elevation

1 Like

Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by Nobody: 10:26pm On Dec 07, 2016
Na wao I've got lot of guys in my hood who would do what ever it takes to get that opportunity and here is someone saying his confuse bro u need prayers lot of it.

1 Like

Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by Midecuc(m): 10:27pm On Dec 07, 2016
Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by Nobody: 10:28pm On Dec 07, 2016
kissGuys:

am terribly confused

wow am amazed by ur write up

now to d advice, u are young and u have a dream of being a business man but u have been selected fr d police job, u have a talent use ur police job to further ur education u can enrol in noun( national open university of Nigeria) but DAT will be like two years of work sha den u either apply for study leave or say do ur work if u knw ur way around, being a police man will gv u DAT edge to save fr ur bizness and also further ur education, ur saved income can go fr ur bizness later on but trowin away a bird at hand fr d one in d bush I won't advice u to do

d police job is a blessing just pray fr guidance and favour dos are all u need trust me

2 Likes

Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by Nobody: 10:29pm On Dec 07, 2016
sweettease:

Ok; So you Shut up! That's an order! wink

Madam, please give this girl one bottle of 7up.

1 Like

Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by Nobody: 10:35pm On Dec 07, 2016
Nutase:
Bros u sound too ambitious to join NPF. NPF will kill your ambition and leave you a poor man. Forget all that bribe they collect on the road, the money is cursed and does not add much to them.
It's not as easy as people are making it sound to resign from NPF.

Yea u right is not easy. But a purposeful mind can do anything. Some saved patiently so hard and got out afterwards. Mind u, Tony Anenih, Gabriel Igbinedion i.e father of Lucky Igbinedion of former Edo Governor were once Police men. My Bro was there 10 years but pulled out after achieving his goals there. Everything in life is the mind behind it

1 Like

Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by miqos02(m): 10:35pm On Dec 07, 2016
dingbang:
Shutup and take the police job. U think these constables are poor? Go to their villages and see the massive houses they building.
on point
Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by Kingbuhari(m): 10:36pm On Dec 07, 2016
#20 road blocks... if u can save it... omo u go open ur own shop, make sure u collect bribe from the motorist
Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by Nobody: 10:37pm On Dec 07, 2016
You have graduated to armed robber with legal authority. tongue

1 Like

Re: I Got The Police Job, Now I'm More Confused by precious1967(m): 10:47pm On Dec 07, 2016
[quote author=kissGuys post=51712909]...please read carefully...

bt the problem now is that...i have a bigger dream...i intend going into business if my br.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Bottling Company Graduate Trainee Programme 2017 / Can You Have SEX With The BOSS To Get A Job In Nigeria? / Airforce DSSC 2012 Aptitude Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.