Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,090 members, 7,821,768 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:06 PM

Red Ashes - Literature (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Red Ashes (593337 Views)

The Ashes Of Love / Analysing Dialogue In Red Ashes By Chumzypinky / Hearts In Ashes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (122) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Red Ashes by Winters22: 11:58am On Dec 26, 2016
Chumzypinky:
Helz234

Winters22
present? errmmm what of the nkwobi? E don ready?
Re: Red Ashes by Michelle55: 12:16pm On Dec 26, 2016
Chumzypinky:

Na ds hand wey i take dey pound akpu na i go use gv u blow..afterall, its boxin day
chei.. Bikonu nwanyioma.. Jst a swt lengthy update boxin dats all i ask nt d akpu boxing biko..tanchu in advance
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 12:30pm On Dec 26, 2016
Dedicated to Michelle55.

CHIOMA.

I shifted under the scrutinizing eyes of the 87 - year old woman sitting at the front of me. The 68 year old woman sitting beside her also looked at me with accessing eyes.

The tension in the room was evident.

Chuks cleared his throat rubbing his palms together 'mama...sister Ijeoma...well, eh...you know Chioma, my ex-wife'

His mum nodded then looked at me 'the one who was sleeping with your best friend?'

My brows went hight instantly 'WHAT?!'

I looked at Ijeoma who eyed me and hissed loudly, then i looked at Chuks who looked away guiltily.

'Chuks, what...what is she saying?' i asked.

'like you dont know what she's saying. Werent you sleeping with his friend? You think he didnt tell us how he caught you with his best friend on his matrimonial bed?' Ijeoma asked maliciously.

I felt like dying. I couldnt comprehend what was happening. I looked at Chuks demanding for an explanation.

'erm...erm...i...mama...i...' he cleared his throat nervously 'mama, i...there was a misunderstanding...i..Chioma...Chioma didnt cheat on me'

'you said what?' Ijeoma asked.

'Chuka...' his mother called weakly and rested her head on the sofa 'what are you saying?'

'Chioma was never unfaithful to me. She never slept with my bestfriend and i never caught her with another man on our matrimonial bed' he said.

'but you told us...' his mother was saying when he cut her off.

'that was all in the past mama...can we forget about it? I...'

'no!' i said adamantly 'i demand an explanation for this Chuka. Did you tell your mother and sister that i was sleeping with another man? Did you tell them i was cheating on you?'

'Chioma, i....'

'answer me!! You lied to them about me? You made me look like the bad one to them? You said i was cheating on you? Me? Have i ever, ever ever cheated on you with another man? Chuks, answer me!'

'baby...'

'you were the one who slept with my best friend! I caught the both of you red-handed and you even had the guts to tell her i was sleeping with Jude! You photoshopped our photos. I didnt believe her when she said so. I thought she was lying but not i believe her. I can see you for who you really are. You're a bad person, Chuks!! You!!' Tears ran down my cheeks 'to think that i was ready to let bygones be bygones and get married to you!'

'thats what you should do Chioma! Let bygones be bygones!!! This is one of the numerous mistakes i made in the past. I've apologised for everything, have i not? Why then are you reacting this way?'

'you're a bastard and i hate you! You're a very dangerous person, you, Chuks, you! You ruined my friendship with Mabel. You seduced her! You! Because of you, i cant find it in my heart to forgive her. Because i thought she was a dam. I am disappointed in you Chuks, you're a fool! An ingrate, after everything....'

'enough!' his mother screamed 'what is all this? What is happening here? Chuka? Chioma? What are you both rattling about?'

Tears blinded my vision, i couldnt take it anymore.

'i'm sorry ma. I'm sorry Ijeoma' i picked up my bag and dashed out of the house in tears.

'Chioma!! Chioma!! Chioma come back please!' Chuks called but i wasnt listening.

I jumped into the car and screamed at the driver 'take me to the airport now!!'

TBC

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Red Ashes by yorhmienerd(m): 12:34pm On Dec 26, 2016
Chioma, LOL
Re: Red Ashes by Michelle55: 12:49pm On Dec 26, 2016
chei! I tanchu sis 4 d dedication. Bt ermmm,dis wasnt our agreement nau! After boxing me to oblivion,u jst gimme half chop.#cryingloudly#sm1 should borrow me hanky abeg
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 1:02pm On Dec 26, 2016
CHUKS.

'Chuka, what is all this? Dont tell us you lied...' my mother stated looking at me.

My elder sister had her hands folded underneath her bosoms. Her eyes asked various questions.

'what was that foolish woman saying earlier? And i hope she has gone back to where she came from?' my sister asked.

'she's not a foolish woman, Ijeoma' i said 'please dont call her that. And what happened in the past between us is strictly between us. I wont have you or mama interfering'

'Chuka!' my mother barked 'what are you saying? I will interfere because you're my son! What happened between you and Chioma? Who cheated on who? Who's lying here and who's saying the truth?'

'mama, isnt it obvious that Chioma is the one telling a lie? Isnt it obvious that she's the only one who can cheat on Chuks? You know Chuka very well, you know how much he loves Chioma, he's ready to lie just for her sake' Ijeoma said eyeing me.

'like i said earlier Ijeoma, stop interfering in our business...' i warned 'who cheated on who is not really your business. And i didnt travel all the way from Owerri down here to discuss this with you. What i'm saying is...i want to renew my wedding vows with Chioma and i need your blessings, i'm not asking for your opinions'

I didnt see it coming but before i could notice, mama's strong knuckles had landed on my head. Ijeoma bursted into laughter.

'stupid child!' she hit me again 'i knew it! I knew there was something fishy about what happened between you and Chioma. I mean, the sudden divorce. Who just wakes up one morning and asks for a divorce?'

'mama, the reason for their divorce is adultery. Isnt it obvious that Chioma cheated on Chuka here?' Ijeoma asked.

I wondered what her problem was. Why was she trying not to believe Chioma? Even when it was glaring that what Chioma said was the truth, she still refused to believe it.

'fine mama!' i sighed rubbing the spot where mama had hit on my bald head 'i cheated on her. I cheated on her with her best friend. But it wasnt my fault. I was seduced'

'my father, my maker!' my mother sighed 'you are always seduced Chuks, what is all this? Where did you get this gene from? Right from when you were a teenager. After impregnating all the maids in out house, you always claimed you were seduced, what is wrong with you?! I should have known. You stupid man! Why cant you do away with this insatiable urge of yours? After the rough life you led as a youth, i expected you to calm down after marriage, but alas! A dog will always be a dog!'

Ijeoma hissed loudly and rolled her eyes and mama turned to her 'why did you hiss like a snake? I've always known! I've always known you'll support your brother. Look at you two, shameless and useless people. Sometimes, i wonder if my womb was cursed that i would never give birth to responsible children. Look at Ebenezer, wherever that one is, onaga niyi (he has become useless), Giwa naniyi (you too, useless) nyawa naniyi (he too useless). You seem to have forgotten that you'll turn Seventy in two years time. Seventy is old enough to start having granchildren, you dont even have a child. All because you led a useless life. No suitor came for your hand in marriage, not even one. I hope you know that my end is drawing nearer, even if i die today, i will have no regrets. I'm 87, what more can i ask for? Havent i lived long enough, i....' mama kept talking but i wasnt listening.

I stood up and strolled out of the sitting room. I couldnt lose Chioma. Not again. I wanted a complete family. I didnt want to die lonely like my sister was obviously going to die lonely. I wanted to be a grandfather soon. I just have to map out a plan to get Chioma back.

Things were working out in my favour already but just a small mistake... I sighed.

My phone rang and i retrieved it. I hissed when i saw the caller. But i accepted the call nonetheless.

'this woman, have i not told you not to call me again? How many times will i tell you to leave me alone?!' i barked angrily.

'Chuks...your children are requesting to see you. And the earlier you come down here to see them, the better for all of us. Else, i'll come down to Nigeria...and i'll expose you. Try me and see!' she hissed and hung up.

Trouble, everywhere. I sighed.

TBC

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Red Ashes by Winters22: 1:14pm On Dec 26, 2016
whoops! two updates in a row... thanks...

But that chuka sef ehn! chioma should not end up with him and tryna make up with mabel at least for the peace of mind it will give....
Nathan needs some sort of rehab... and Kainene... still under scrutiny.... Jolade! still under scrutiny.

Where that gal wey dey form amazon?..
#drops_mic
#modified..
na when heavy breeze blow dem dey see fowl yansh...
Re: Red Ashes by Mztemmy(f): 1:25pm On Dec 26, 2016
Waoh....thank God the truth is coming out...nice update chumpzypinky
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 3:38pm On Dec 26, 2016
Curvydiva
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 3:39pm On Dec 26, 2016
Grace66
Re: Red Ashes by Nmaglit: 4:06pm On Dec 26, 2016
Chuks neva see Chuchin if he see chuchin he go knw chuchin

Nice one Dear n happy boxing day
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 6:07pm On Dec 26, 2016
Enohorglo

curvydiva

pls comment
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 6:08pm On Dec 26, 2016
Boladex1
Re: Red Ashes by abefe99: 6:55pm On Dec 26, 2016
God bless u dear
Re: Red Ashes by xaviercasmir(m): 7:13pm On Dec 26, 2016
Ride on sis.
Re: Red Ashes by boldndbeautiful(f): 7:29pm On Dec 26, 2016
Thanks chumzypinky, u r really gifted. Dalu nwanne mmadu for sharing dis wonderful piece with us
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 7:38pm On Dec 26, 2016
Meanface
Saraphina
Blessedgurl

Mhizclaret
Tinu02

Duchessxino
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 7:39pm On Dec 26, 2016
Chommieblaq
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 7:40pm On Dec 26, 2016
Ebullient07
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 7:45pm On Dec 26, 2016
Michelle55:
chei! I tanchu sis 4 d dedication. Bt ermmm,dis wasnt our agreement nau! After boxing me to oblivion,u jst gimme half chop.#cryingloudly#sm1 should borrow me hanky abeg
Lol, u wlc dear. I dnt hav a hanky oo. I can only giv u my children's poo stained panties to wipe ur tears *winkz*
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 7:46pm On Dec 26, 2016
Qasaforlife!!! Long time, na u b ds?
Re: Red Ashes by saraphina(f): 7:46pm On Dec 26, 2016
Chumzypinky:
Meanface
Saraphina
Blessedgurl

Mhizclaret
Tinu02

Duchessxino
merry Christmas ma.Waiting for my coconut rice tho.
Re: Red Ashes by Chommieblaq(f): 7:52pm On Dec 26, 2016
Chumzypinky:
Chommieblaq

And she caught me!

I must confess you doing a great job.

Well done Love
Re: Red Ashes by Qasaforlife(f): 7:57pm On Dec 26, 2016
Chumzypinky:
Qasaforlife!!! Long time, na u b ds?
Na me ooo. Being busy with family Nice one there. Merry Christmas
Re: Red Ashes by Twinkle004(f): 8:18pm On Dec 26, 2016
Chumzypinky am reading ur story 4 d 1st time & almost say d truth, is really awesome. A round. Of applause 4 u+d dedication even as a mother.
Chuks is a chameleon who will never change, I just hope chioma don't fall 4 his ass..I believe Kaine & Nathan wil settle d score btw their parent..
Re: Red Ashes by Ebullient07: 8:32pm On Dec 26, 2016
Chumzypinky:
Ebullient07
Maami, abeg no vex. Dis ur story na die. Well done, more data to your phone.
Re: Red Ashes by Ebullient07: 8:35pm On Dec 26, 2016
Chumzypinky:
Ebullient07

Maami, abeg no vex. Dis ur story na die. Well done, more data to your phone.
Bur Chuks is a bastard o, such an unrepentant casanova. I hope he does not hve sth up his sleeves cos he's tryin too hard to reconcile wwith Chioma. Chioma shud just fashi d guyman jare.
Re: Red Ashes by Michelle55: 9:12pm On Dec 26, 2016
Chumzypinky:

Lol, u wlc dear. I dnt hav a hanky oo. I can only giv u my children's poo stained panties to wipe ur tears *winkz*
chei.. C wickedness of d century! Sis poo stained panties?4 me? Infact i no go cry again.lol
Re: Red Ashes by mhizclaret: 9:20pm On Dec 26, 2016
Dear chummy no Jux mind me abeg av been following silently but I must confess dis is one of d best av read here on nairaland. Jux make sure it also gets to coolval22.
Re: Red Ashes by mujybee(f): 10:19pm On Dec 26, 2016
mhizclaret:
Dear chummy no Jux mind me abeg av been following silently but I must confess dis is one of d best av read here on nairaland. Jux make sure it also gets to coolval22.

cn u refer me 2 anoda websites apart 4rm coolval22 wer i cn get compiled stories
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 10:39pm On Dec 26, 2016
mhizclaret:

*whispers* Do u knw Aarti? Coolval?
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 10:40pm On Dec 26, 2016
Michelle55:
chei.. C wickedness of d century! Sis poo stained panties?4 me? Infact i no go cry again.lol
Lol, cry na. 4 ds Buhari regime, instead of u 2 shine ur eyes, u dey cry. Ojikokoro

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (122) (Reply)

Beauty And The Mechanic / The Devil Wears Okrika / All In A Circle.....(A crime story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.