Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,962 members, 7,821,383 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:13 PM

Red Ashes - Literature (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Red Ashes (593321 Views)

The Ashes Of Love / Analysing Dialogue In Red Ashes By Chumzypinky / Hearts In Ashes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (122) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 10:41pm On Dec 26, 2016
Ebullient07:

Maami, abeg no vex. Dis ur story na die. Well done, more data to your phone.
Tankx luv
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 10:42pm On Dec 26, 2016
Twinkle004:
Chumzypinky am reading ur story 4 d 1st time & almost say d truth, is really awesome. A round. Of applause 4 u+d dedication even as a mother.

As in eh..d wrk no b here oo. Bt i tank God sha

1 Like

Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 10:43pm On Dec 26, 2016
Qasaforlife:
Na me ooo. Being busy with family Nice one there. Merry Christmas
Same 2 u hon
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 10:44pm On Dec 26, 2016
TeleboiZ007
Gloria005
i is saw u guys viewin. Make sure u commented oo
Re: Red Ashes by TeleboiZ005(m): 10:49pm On Dec 26, 2016
Chumzypinky:
TeleboiZ007
Gloria005
i is saw u guys viewin. Make sure u commented oo
Interesting!

Nice one...keep on posting, am followinggrin grin grin

Meanwhile...

Can u see me
grin grin grin
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 11:40pm On Dec 26, 2016
TeleboiZ005:
Interesting!

Nice one...keep on posting, am followinggrin grin grin

Meanwhile...

Can u see me
grin grin grin
y nt?
Re: Red Ashes by Michelle55: 12:05am On Dec 27, 2016
Chumzypinky:

Lol, cry na. 4 ds Buhari regime, instead of u 2 shine ur eyes, u dey cry. Ojikokoro
lolzzz.. Sis u harsh oh,wetin lai mohammed do u na? Bt aswear i no cry again. More data 2 ur fone!
Re: Red Ashes by Hundreddegrees(m): 12:39am On Dec 27, 2016
This Chuks no no wetin dem deh call "CONDOM"

Any way na him name deh work for am "Chuku Chuku" sombori grin
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 7:47am On Dec 27, 2016
Dedicated to Hundreddegrees ad Twinkle004.

MABEL.

I looked from Jude who was seated on the double seater to Nathan who was seating beside me and i reassured myself i was doing the right thing.

I didnt know how long i was going to last. I didnt even want to fight it. I already wrote my will. I just wanted my last days to be a happy one. And i wanted to see my son happy and change for the better. I wanted him to be with the woman who would bring happiness to him.

I cleared my throat 'erm...Nathan? Meet Jude...Honourable Jude Bassey. He's a member of the house of Assembly...' Nathan only nodded concentrating on his phone.

I saw the look of disapproval on Jude's face, and i laugh for my belle. He hadnt seen anything yet.

'Nathan, would you please drop that phone?' i said trying to sound as polite as possible 'because i have something very important to discuss with you'

Then he looked up 'what is it you want to discuss with me?'

'he's your father. Jude is your father' i blurted.

I saw a look i couldnt tell what it was on his face...he let his eyes roam around the sitting room, he accessed Jude from head to toe then he looked at me, and all of a sudden, he was laughing.

Jude and i exchanged glances then watched him laugh.

'this is so funny...' Nathan said in an audible whisper, then he stopped laughing and his face had a frown on it '

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Red Ashes by mhizclaret: 8:06am On Dec 27, 2016
@mujybee I dnt really knw but if u av any pls let me knw.
Re: Red Ashes by mhizclaret: 8:10am On Dec 27, 2016
Sure I do @chumzy
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 8:40am On Dec 27, 2016
mhizclaret:
Sure I do @chumzy
*whispers* I am Aarti
Re: Red Ashes by Chommieblaq(f): 8:50am On Dec 27, 2016
Moreeeeeeee namesake!

You re Chioma right?
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 9:03am On Dec 27, 2016
'he's my father, so?'

Jude and i exchanged glances and i urged him to say something. He cleared his throat 'erm..son?' Nathan gave him a look of disdain.

'truthfully, i'm your father. Its just so unfortunate we never got to know each other on time. But i want us to get to know each other now. Thats to say, i want you to meet your siblings and your relatives. I've told all of them about you and they are all eager to see you'

'whoever said you aint a mad man?' Nathan retorted placing his face on his left palm that was rested by the side of cushion.

'Nathan!' i gasped.

'i think you have high hope of things Honourable. You think you can just show up one day and i'll leave my mother for you?'

Jude looked at me.

'this woman here...' he pointed at me 'laboured for me for 26yrs. For 26yrs, i've been under her care and for 26yrs, i've grown so fond of her and you think you can just show up and try to take me away?' he scoffed 'you're mistaken. Because i'm never ever going to leave my mum, never!'

To say i was stricken was an understatement. Did Nathan just say he wasnt going to leave me? Like seriously? Was i dreaming? Was it my son speaking?

I looked at Jude, i realised he was short of words. Then he laughed...something that was obviously a forced laughter 'i'm not saying i'm taking you away from your mother, mummy's boy...' he looked at me 'i just want you to come live with us for a while'

'i agree with him...' i concurred 'Nathan, you've not known your father since you were born. This is an opportunity to get to know him better. To get to know the kind of man he is...'

'i would really appreciate if you would tell me in the face that you're tired of having me in your house'

'Nathan, no...'

'mum pleaseee...when will you ever learn? When will you ever learn to give me atte...' he stopped. Then he smirked 'never mind. Talking to you is just like pouring water on a rock' he stood up with his phone in his hand 'i have an appointment to catch up in few minutes'

'Nathan, dont you dare walk out on your mum and i...' Jude said with an air of authority 'i'm still your father and she's still your mother. I dont know if you were ever thought something called respect but you've not been respecting us here. Maybe you were not thought manners, but i'm here now, and i'm going to teach you some'

If only he knew that force wont work on Nathan 'Jude, dont...dont try to talk harshly to him...' i said 'because Nathan would never listen to you'

Nathan turned to him, walked towards him and sized him up. Then he laughed 'are you sure you're really my father?'

I looked at him.

'because we obviously do not share the same views...' then he lowered his head towards Jude 'you're a very foolish man. Very foolish. What are you doing in the house of assembly? Because you dont merit that post. Listen to me carefully mr father. You. Cant. Force. Me. To. Do. Something. That. I. Would. Not. Want. To. Do. That you're a honourable doesnt mean you are immune to blows...' he flexed his muscles and made a fist 'you know what i mean..' then he turned and started walking away.

'you dare not speak to me that way!! I am your father!!' Jude barked rising on his feet.

Without turning, Nathan said 'Father. My. Big. Dick!'

And from behind, Jude gave him a hard blow at the back of his head.

I gasped.

And before i could even rise on my feet, Nathan had retaliated with several blows and kicks. And before i could even try to separate them, Jude was on the floor, bleeding excessively.

TBC

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 9:04am On Dec 27, 2016
Chommieblaq:
Moreeeeeeee namesake!

You re Chioma right?
Of cus honey. It seems der ar so many Chioma in d house
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 9:09am On Dec 27, 2016
Michelle55:
lolzzz.. Sis u harsh oh,wetin lai mohammed do u na? Bt aswear i no cry again. More data 2 ur fone!
tanx lovey
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 9:09am On Dec 27, 2016
Berhdo
Re: Red Ashes by berhdo: 9:13am On Dec 27, 2016
Mrs chumzypinky am all ears
Re: Red Ashes by berhdo: 9:14am On Dec 27, 2016
A very gudmorning to u
Re: Red Ashes by berhdo: 9:19am On Dec 27, 2016
Lyk seriously am supporting nathan. I hope nathan was nt going to see kainene b4 d boxing match. As in kainene needs to apologies first. Am starting to dislyk her, is she d girl in d word. 9ce work ma. More ink to ur pen
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 9:37am On Dec 27, 2016
Rosypearl
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 9:37am On Dec 27, 2016
Chara019
Always seein u viewin bt nt a comment frm u. So unfair
Re: Red Ashes by chara019: 9:40am On Dec 27, 2016
Nice work ma'am,being a ghost reader this long,wheeew!yo make sense o,I keep asking for more,Nathan should do jeje o,no go put him p man for coma

For Nene.... let her be forming miss perfecto she never know wetin dey do her.

Great job ma'am, expecting moooooooooorrrrre!

Merry Xmas in arrears by the way.
Re: Red Ashes by chara019: 9:41am On Dec 27, 2016
Chumzypinky:
Chara019

No vex ...*muaaaah* wink
Chumzypinky:
Chara019

No vex ...*muaaaah*
Re: Red Ashes by TeleboiZ005(m): 9:46am On Dec 27, 2016
Op nice work......

Can u see me
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 9:50am On Dec 27, 2016
chara019:
Merry Xmas in arrears by the way.
i wish u d same dear
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 9:51am On Dec 27, 2016
Cherpret

debdave

michelle55

faithomo001
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 9:52am On Dec 27, 2016
TeleboiZ005:
Op nice work......

Can u see me
ys i'm seein u
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 9:54am On Dec 27, 2016
Fred101
Eddyfrosh
Re: Red Ashes by TeleboiZ005(m): 9:54am On Dec 27, 2016
Chumzypinky:

ys i'm seein u

Cool cool cool cool
Re: Red Ashes by Michelle55: 9:54am On Dec 27, 2016
Chumzypinky:
Cherpret
debdave
michelle55
faithomo001
present ma'am.. But dis nathan stubborn sha!
Re: Red Ashes by Nobody: 9:56am On Dec 27, 2016
Chumzypinky:
Cherpret
debdave
michelle55
faithomo001
OoOopssy!!.... You aff catch me...lolzz.

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (122) (Reply)

Beauty And The Mechanic / The Devil Wears Okrika / All In A Circle.....(A crime story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.