Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,902 members, 7,821,141 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:51 AM

Red Ashes - Literature (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Red Ashes (593316 Views)

The Ashes Of Love / Analysing Dialogue In Red Ashes By Chumzypinky / Hearts In Ashes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (122) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Red Ashes by MozB: 6:40pm On Dec 27, 2016
Chumzypinky... Ur recents updates be like 'Psalms chapter 117'. Shortest chapter in the bible. cheesy.
I love them tho... I'll always love ur stories cos u update frequently. *kisses*
Re: Red Ashes by rachealfst(f): 6:51pm On Dec 27, 2016
I dedicate this day to read this great piece and I did not regret it one bit. Saying this story is interesting is an understatement. Thanks so much ma'am for your time, despite the fact that you are married with kids. God bless you, more wisdom, strength in Jesus name.
Re: Red Ashes by bolubennie(m): 6:59pm On Dec 27, 2016
rachealfst:
I dedicate this day to read this great piece and I did not regret it one bit. Saying this story is interesting is an understatement. Thanks so much ma'am for your time, despite the fact that you are married with kids. God bless you, more wisdom, strength in Jesus name.

Ma'am, are you a student? ...Just wanna satisfy my curiosity doh
Re: Red Ashes by rachealfst(f): 7:04pm On Dec 27, 2016
bolubennie:

Ma'am, are you a student? ...Just wanna satisfy my curiosity doh
I'm not......Curiosity?
Re: Red Ashes by bolubennie(m): 7:10pm On Dec 27, 2016
rachealfst:
I'm not......Curiosity?
Yeah! ...Alrice
Re: Red Ashes by Twinkle004(f): 8:24pm On Dec 27, 2016
Waiting 4 more updates to know how things turned out 4 Mabel's family
Re: Red Ashes by harameede99(f): 9:01pm On Dec 27, 2016
Dis story is sweeting me in my belle ooo nathan need deliverance make we carry am go one cele church wey dey my street chumpy pinky wah du u tink
Re: Red Ashes by Hundreddegrees(m): 11:56pm On Dec 27, 2016
Chumzypinky:
Empress101

Duchessxino (i dnt tink i've ever seen ur comment b4)

swankmee

gloria007

Thanks for the dedication smiley
Re: Red Ashes by genius43(m): 6:59am On Dec 28, 2016
Chumzypinky:
Genius43

Present ma. Nice job you are doing here. Started the story some days back and have been following with Rapt attention.
Re: Red Ashes by Gloria007(f): 9:45am On Dec 28, 2016
Chumzypinky:
Empress101

Duchessxino (i dnt tink i've ever seen ur comment b4)

swankmee

gloria007
Hey Darling!I don't comment but your story is always on my mind.Thanks for writing this piece.
Re: Red Ashes by Phrankher(f): 11:59am On Dec 28, 2016
Aunty chumzypinky pls come n update o. D story dey do me totori
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 1:33pm On Dec 28, 2016
Guys, do u knw wat happened ystdy, i was BANNED oo...by aunty Spambot...hmm, i ws so surprised. Dat ws wat delayed d updates, bt more updates go soon arrive like harmattan

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Red Ashes by Lolly02(f): 1:38pm On Dec 28, 2016
*Runs out of ghostmode*

Nice story OP... smiley

compliments of the season wink

1 Like

Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 2:23pm On Dec 28, 2016
Dedicated to Phranker and MozB.

MABEL.

I watched from the transparent door as the doctors administered treatment on Jude's head. His head was heavily bandaged.

I felt pity for him.

To think his own son had been responsible for what happened to him. To think it was the first time of meeting and speaking to his son face-to-face.

Then i realised something. [bold]I'd already started decieving myself as well.[/bold]

I sat down on one of the chairs at the reception. And i thought of Nathan. He had done enough this time. No, i wasnt going to let him get away with this time around. What was he anyway? What right had he to go about misbehaving without fear of being punished? No, i had to take actions this time around.

I picked up my phone and dialled a number.

'hello DPO...' i said into the phone 'oh yes...i'm fine...compliments of the season...i need your help for something...i need you to send your boys over...i need to get someone arrested...yes...thanks' i hung up.

Nathan might not like this but i was having him arrested, once and for all.

[bold]CHIOMA[\bold].

Coming back from my trip in tears and finding the house so empty was more heartbreaking than anything else.

My daughter had left me. It was so painful. My daughter had left me alone too.

What was wrong with me? Why was i losing everyone by my side?

I realised just how stupid i had been all this while. I had chosen a stupid man over my daughter. I hadnt even stopped to give it a second thought.

It had been two days after my arrival from Abuja. I had called and sent several text messages to Kainene but she just would pick them or reply them. Moreover i didnt know where she was.

I had called Kaka asking if she knew about the whereabouts of my daughter but she had denied knowing anything concerning my daughter's whereabouts.

I spent all my time locked up in my room, not going anywhere. Not speaking to anyone. Not eating anything. I missed my daughter. And i wanted nothing more but to have her back in my life.

I sat up rubbing sleep off my eyes. I thought i just heard the door bell. Who could be at the door by this time of the day? It was still very early?

And why did the gateman let anyone in without my permission?

The door stopped ringing and i knew that Shalewa had opened the door for the person.

I put on my slippers and walked out of the room.

As i climbed down from the stairs, i heard Shalewa conversing with whoever was at the door.

'i dont think my madam would want to see anyone by this time. She doesnt attend to visitors so early. Maybe you should come back later' i heard Shalewa say.

'its urgent...' a very familiar voice said 'just tell her i'm here...' I froze on the spot.

What was he doing here? I just felt like running back to my room. He was the last person i wanted to see at the moment.

I hastened my steps downstairs.

'Shalewa...' called and she turned o me 'good morning ma...' she greeted and walked away.

'Chichi...' he called entering the house.

I didnt know where the strength came from but i pushed him backwards, so hard was my push that he was out of the house staggering backwards.

I held the door and raised a warning finger at him 'if you ever...ever step your foot into my house again...i swear, i'll not hesitate to call the securities, and i'll make sure you rot in jail for trespassing. Idiot!' i shut the door.

'Shalewa!!!!' i called.

'yes ma?' she came in from the kitchen.

I dragged her ears 'listen and listen very carefully. I never want to see that man in this house again. If he ever comes in here again, make sure he's thrown out - understood?'

'yes ma...' she whispered fearfully.

I let her go and marched back to my stairs angrily.

[bold]KAINENE[/bold]

I watched as it rang. I wondered if he was even going to pick my call. He had every right to be angry at me. Yes, i made a mistake and i realised it already. I should never have barked at him like he was my dog. What was wrong with me anyways?

It rang thrice without anyone answering.

I was about giving up when i decided to try for a fourth time.

This time, it was picked by a husky voice. This wasnt Nathan's voice...i was so sure of that.

'hello?'

'hello? Inspector Dinta Ibrahim on the line...'

Inspector? What happened? Was Nathan's phone stolen or something?

'i....i need to speak with Nathan..'

'Nathaniel Imore?'

'yes sir'

'sorry but he's currently in a cell and he's not allowed to use his phone'

'what?' i exclaimed in shock 'in a cell? Why?'

'sorry but you have to call back later' i sensed he was about ending the call.

'hold on please...can you at least tell me the station he is? Please?'

TBC

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 2:25pm On Dec 28, 2016
Lolly02:
*Runs out of ghostmode*

Nice story OP... smiley
compliments of the season wink
Lol, tanx 4 finaly comin out
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 2:25pm On Dec 28, 2016
Magadon and iwakacome
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 2:38pm On Dec 28, 2016
MozB:
Chumzypinky... Ur recents updates be like 'Psalms chapter 117'. Shortest chapter in the bible. cheesy.
I love them tho... I'll always love ur stories cos u update frequently. *kisses*
Lol
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 2:40pm On Dec 28, 2016
Angelinastto:
lol... Just kidding sis. Am not ibo thanks for the dedication
Wer u frm sis?
Re: Red Ashes by Phrankher(f): 2:47pm On Dec 28, 2016
Chumzypinky:
Dedicated to Phranker and MozB.

TBC
Aww! Tanx dearie
Re: Red Ashes by iwakacome: 2:58pm On Dec 28, 2016
Chumzypinky:
Magadon and iwakacome

removes invincibility gown. OP, I am with thee where ever thou goeth. nice story. OP what do you drink? I owe you.
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 3:30pm On Dec 28, 2016
iwakacome:

removes invincibility gown. OP, I am with thee where ever thou goeth. nice story. OP what do you drink? I owe you.
i drink moet rose
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 4:00pm On Dec 28, 2016
MABEL.

'i want him here for the period of two weeks, he should be seriously tortured...' i said to the DPO where we were standing front of the cell.

Nathan shook the rod angrily, staring at me with red eyes 'you! You are not my mum! I'll never forgive you for this!'

'say whatever you want, you scumbag!!' i retorted 'i'll make sure you suffer in here. Since you've decided to act like a possessed child, you'll die here! Idiot!'

'i hate you!' he screamed

'i dont hate you!' i screamed back 'i only want you to become responsible, nothing else'

'and warn this filthy policemen...because if anyone of them lays their hands on me, i swear i'll commit murder!'

'shut up!' The DPO barked 'how dare you speak to your mother that way? Do you want me to deal with you?'

'you would do no such thing! Except of course you have a death wish' Nathan said eyeing him furiously.

The DPO seethed in anger.

'please DPO, if Nathan lays his hand on anyone here, make sure his torture is doubled. I dont care about the injuries inflicted on him...' then i went close to him and whispered 'though not too severe. No broken bones please'

He nodded and beckoned on two shabby looking constables. He said something i couldnt fathom to them. Then they opened the cell holding their batons.

As soon as they opened it, one of them rushed towards Nathan, holding him in place while the other landed the baton on his back.

Nathan screamed while trying to fight back. He landed several punches on the one holding him, while he tried kicking the one with the baton but he kept dodging.

I closed my eyes and shut my ears with my hands. I couldnt bear the sight. And i fought the urge to tell them to leave him alone. I wanted to. But i knew i wasnt helping him. What he need was discipline..and i had failed to recognise this earlier.

I silently walked away.

As i walked away, i bumped into a familiar lady. I remembered her. She was one of the girls at the house that day on Nathan's birthday. What was she doing here?

'good evening ma...' she greeted. Obviously, she recognised me.

'Good evening...' i said eyeing her.

'i heard Nathan ws arrested. What..what happened?' She was looking really worried.

She was a very pretty girl with beautiful clean dreadlocks. Was she Nathan's girlfriend? Nah..Jolade was the only one meant for him. Talking about Jolade, it'd been a while since i'd seen or even spoken to her.

'nothing happened, he was just arrested' i replied.

She was taken aback for a moment 'huh...i mean, how can he be arrested for no reason?'

Before i could speak, Nathan's scream was heard 'YOU BASTARDS!!!! LEAVE ME ALONE, I SWEAR I'LL KILL YOU ONCE I GET OUT OF HERE!!'

'thats Nathan!' and before i could speak, she was already walking towards the cell.

I rolled my eyes and followed her 'heyy! You wait there!!' she didnt stop.

'oh no!! What are you guys doing to him? Leave me alone!!' she screamed shaking the rod of the cell.

'Kainene?!' Nathan screamed in pain. Blood was gushing from his back and his mouth was bleeding.

I saw the look they exchanged. I felt the chemistry that passed through them and i knew something was up. They were more than friends and whoever she was, Nathan cared greatly for her

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Red Ashes by xaviercasmir(m): 4:11pm On Dec 28, 2016
The chemistry between two of them is really growing. Nice update ma'am.

1 Like

Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 4:41pm On Dec 28, 2016
Dedicated to Xaviercasmir

KAINENE.

I couldnt believe my ears. How could a mother imprison her own son? What did he ever do to deserve that? Was the woman this heartless?

I had spoken to her. I even pleaded with her. Because i couldnt stand the sight of seeing Nathan in pain. I even tried to press bail but the woman had strictly warned me no to do anything that might cause problems between us. She even went as far as telling me to leave her son alone and even threatened to throw me into the cell as well if i should pester her any longer.

And when i heard Nathan's scream of pain from the cell again, i didnt know when i started shedding tears.

I quickly hated the woman.

'are you sure you actually birthed him?' i asked 'because you're wicked, heartless and brutal!!! What kind of a mother are you?!' i barked.

'dont you dare speak to me that way!' the woman retorted.

'i will speak to you that way and even worse, i will speak to you the way i like. Little wonder your son spoke to you that way the other day! You're a wicked woman!!!'

'with all due respect ma'am...' The DPO cut in 'i cannot tolerate your nuisance here. This is a police station, not a market. You'll have to leave now or i'll use force on you'

I eyed him, then back to the woman.

I looked back at the cell to see Nathan on the floor, coughing out blood. Thankfully, the constables had left him alone, but i could see he was still writhing in pain.

I felt really sorry to him.

I turned back to the woman, my palms placed together 'please madam, i'm sorry about the way i spoke to you..please...'

'dont fucking beg her Kainene! I'll make sure she pays for what she's fucking doing to me...' Nathan coughed.

TBC

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Red Ashes by iwakacome: 4:42pm On Dec 28, 2016
Chumzypinky:
i drink moet rose
come and take my ATM
Re: Red Ashes by boladex1: 5:39pm On Dec 28, 2016
Nice update chumzypink,

I just want to be a ghost reader but this update hit me below the belt.

I remember a cousin of mine whose father always used police to deal with him anytime he misbehave, this destroy their relationshipto the extent that the father has to hand off training him. the guy abandon secondary school and become a mechanic till his father dies they dont see eyes to eyes and the guy amount to nothing.

My point is that Nathan needs a strong arm but throwing into a cell is a recipe for disaster and he will get worse unless kainene can tame him.

Anyway let me sit down they look

3 Likes

Re: Red Ashes by xaviercasmir(m): 6:10pm On Dec 28, 2016
Nathan's mother is a confused woman. She knows that she failed in her duty as a mother and instead of seeking a way for her to recouncile with her son, She shows her foolishness by sending her son to be maltreated by the police because he fights his casanova of a father.
I am just watching to see how the event rolls out.
Ma'am more please
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 6:23pm On Dec 28, 2016
iwakacome:

come and take my ATM
Lol
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 6:25pm On Dec 28, 2016
boladex1:
Nice update chumzypink,

I just want to be a ghost reader but this update hit me below the belt.

I remember a cousin of mine whose father always used police to deal with him anytime he misbehave, this destroy their relationshipto the extent that the father has to hand off training him. the guy abandon secondary school and become a mechanic till his father dies they dont see eyes to eyes and the guy amount to nothing.

My point is that Nathan needs a strong arm but throwing into a cell is a recipe for disaster and he will get worse unless kainene can tame him.

Anyway let me sit down they look
True talk
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 6:26pm On Dec 28, 2016
Missmossy Sulpur
Re: Red Ashes by Missmossy(f): 6:27pm On Dec 28, 2016
Chumzypinky:
Missmossy Sulpur
You didn't see me for many days yet you didn't ask of me. Welldone oo.
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 6:55pm On Dec 28, 2016
Dedicated to Boladex1.

KAKA.

'what is happening? Why do you look like you swallowed a frog?' i asked Kainene when she slumped on the sofa.

She had run out of the house with just yellow shorts, blue camisole with a pink long sleeved jacket over it. I wondered why had run out that way? Had she gone to see her mum?

I really felt bad about lying to her mum, but she had forced me to. I sighed.

I noticed she was panting heavily 'Nathan's mother is a devil'

I was confused 'i dont understand...which...'

'that woman had her own son locked up in a police station!' she hissed.

'which son?'

She eyed me 'i said, Nathan's mum, locked him up in a police station!'

'why? When? How did you know?'

'i know because i dialled his number earlier today and i was told he was in the police station. I rushed there and the policemen were watching. She was there watching them and when i asked her, she said he was her son and she had every right to discipline him whenever he erred...can you imagine?'

'ori okpe oo! No be small discipline. Were they like....torturing him, them put broom for im peehole?' I laughed.

'Kaka, this is not a joking matter..please stop!' I was surprised. I had never seen my friend this serious before about any guy, except of course MozB...but then, even MozB..she wasnt usually this concerned about him,

'i'm sorry...' i sighed 'why didnt you speak to his mum or try to press bail?'

'i tried all i could, but you needed to see the way the woman spoke to me, even to the extent of calling me a slut! Like seriously? I spoke to that woman anyhow oo. I was so mad'

'no wonder Nathan spoke to her that way that day. What is she hoping to achieve by locking him up? It wont tame him, its going to make him even hate her more and probably make their relationship..worse than it already is...' i sighed again 'God help them' i focused on my phone.

'what is wrong with you?'

I raised my head 'huh?'

'you claim Nathan is your friend but i'm telling you something like this and you're being nonchalant..about it?'

'what do you want me to do? Its not like i can bail him out of there. But Casmir and i would go see him tomorrow, there's nothing i can do now' I stared deeply into my friend's eyes and without being told, i knew. I knew she had been crying. I knew how she felt towards that guy. I already felt the chemistry between them from that day at the fast food on my birthday...then to that day at his house on his birthday...even Casmir had told me that those two were in love with each other. It was very obvious.

She sighed 'i have serious headache. I would have to go back there tonight. I dont know if they are going to be giving him good food, plus i wasnt allowed to see him and i wasnt with cash to bribe....' she tugged at my arm 'Kaka, please go with me'

I looked at her and at the wall clock 'bae, this is 7:45, which time we wan take go, which time we wan take come back?'

'there's food in the kitchen already. I go just warm that peppersoup wey mummyK make..then i go put hot water for flask, carry milo and milk or lipton..with bread and rice and some soft drinks...'

'na wa oo...' i smiled 'this guy is really lucky to have a wonderful friend like my friend oo...see all the things wey you wan pack fo five am...na wa oo, na orphanage home we dey go?'

'be serious jhor!' she dragged my hand 'come, make we go kitchen...you're going to help me warm the peppersoup while i prepare the other things i might need. Then i freshen up and we go'

'hmm...' i stood up and followed her to the kitchen 'only God know when we go take come back oo. Why dont we wait till tomorrow?'

'we both know that if Xaviercasmir was the one in his position, you will not hesitate to sleep there tonight'

I laughed.

TBC

6 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (122) (Reply)

Beauty And The Mechanic / The Devil Wears Okrika / All In A Circle.....(A crime story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.