Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,160 members, 7,825,635 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:25 PM

Red Ashes - Literature (54) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Red Ashes (593538 Views)

The Ashes Of Love / Analysing Dialogue In Red Ashes By Chumzypinky / Hearts In Ashes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (122) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Red Ashes by mujybee(f): 9:40am On Jan 15, 2017
God bless you for dis early morny update
Happy sunday chumzy
Re: Red Ashes by sirblero(m): 9:44am On Jan 15, 2017
cнυмzypιnĸy!!
nιce one...

#one тнιng ι love aвoυт yoυ ιѕ yoυr υnceaѕιngly υpdaтe....yoυ alwayѕ υѕe тнe lιттle тιмe yoυ нave тo drop an υpdaтe.....тнanĸѕ мa'aм!!

нappy ѕυnday ....and мore υpdaтeѕ....

#gracιaѕ ..
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 9:58am On Jan 15, 2017
sirblero:
cнυмzypιnĸy!!
nιce one...

#one тнιng ι love aвoυт yoυ ιѕ yoυr υnceaѕιngly υpdaтe....yoυ alwayѕ υѕe тнe lιттle тιмe yoυ нave тo drop an υpdaтe.....тнanĸѕ мa'aм!!

нappy ѕυnday ....and мore υpdaтeѕ....

#gracιaѕ ..
happy sunday 2 u 2. More updates loadin later
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 9:58am On Jan 15, 2017
mujybee:
God bless you for dis early morny update
Happy sunday chumzy
and God bless u 2 my luv
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 9:59am On Jan 15, 2017
haleemwale:
Aws ur health ma?
i'm gettn ok. Not fully sha, dats y dey've been delayed updates
Re: Red Ashes by smokeydrinky: 10:40am On Jan 15, 2017
Chumzypinky:

wow,. Beatiful names. Mine are Kaima, Sasha and Sharon

Lovely. I especially love Sasha. Wat does it mean?
Happy Sunday.

Im really enjoying your story, it's my new high. But...... I just have a bad feeling about nathan and nene. I Hope it turns out wrong.
Re: Red Ashes by Favouritetega(f): 11:50am On Jan 15, 2017
Hapi sunday Nice update kudos to u ma
Re: Red Ashes by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jan 15, 2017
Azeequeen:
One lady squad...
I'm reporting live from Aunty Chumpzypinky's house
News reports gathered before me shows that she has to 'za oda room' again but the reasons are unknown yet. Therefore,volunteers are needed to come here to help us appeal to her oga @d top to release her for us
cc: MozB,rachealfst,Xaviercamsir,jagugu88li,missperfect28
Hahahahahaha if I die with laugh who go bury me.

This oga no de hear word, oza room24/7. I blame the madam too. E be like say she dey enjoy oza room events. (my pigeon).

So Mabel and Nathan have patched. Xavier and my personal person Kaka have patched. MamaC and Nene have patched....MamaC and Chuks undecided. Nene and papa Chuks undecided. Nathan and the Honourable undecided. Its a tie
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 1:23pm On Jan 15, 2017
smokeydrinky:

Lovely. I especially love Sasha. Wat does it mean? Happy Sunday.
Sasha means helper of mankind... Happy sunday 2 u 2 dear

1 Like

Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 1:25pm On Jan 15, 2017
jagugu88li:
Hahahahahaha if I die with laugh who go bury me.

This oga no de hear word, oza room24/7. I blame the madam too. E be like say she dey enjoy oza room events. (my pigeon).
i dey enjoy am no be smal. E sweet pass shoprite bread jareh!

1 Like

Re: Red Ashes by Missmossy(f): 1:31pm On Jan 15, 2017
Thank God things are better between Nathan and his mom grin the amnesia did wonders. Thumbs up Chumzypinky, the Lord is your strength.
Re: Red Ashes by samyfreshsmooth(m): 1:43pm On Jan 15, 2017
Mehn ur updates dy burst my head o....u and solomonbrown96 are d only writers i knw wey dy drop updates consistently and back to back

i duff my hat 4u jare

i jxt dy wait make i c wetin dat yeye man in d person of shuck abi chuck wan do 2 mabel

anyhow sha I FOLLOW STILL grin

Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 1:49pm On Jan 15, 2017
KAINENE.

'if it werent for you, i wouldnt have had my mother back...' he stared lovingly into my eyes 'if it werent for you, i would still be living a reckless life. If it werent for you, i wouldnt have known where i would have been. You're the only person i need in my life right now Kainenechukwu Claire Igho. I want to spend the rest of my life with you cherishing and loving you, treating you like the princess you truly are. I promise to give you the best you deserve, i promise to always treat you right. I am not really good with words so i'll just go straight to the point...' he went on his knees before me and pulled out a shiny diamond ring 'will you marry me?'

It was all like a dream. How did we get here? Lets go back.

I told my mum about Nathan and the place he held in my heart and my mum had screamed and shouted and danced her heart out. She had claimed she had a very good foresight. That when she had seen him that very day at the hotel that she knew there was something brewing between us. She was very happy.

She had called Nathan with my phone and personally invited him for dinner.

Nathan hadnt missed it. He and my mother got along really quick and she blessed our relationship.

I was extremely busy the following week with Kaka's wedding preparations, we were both running around, infact if you had seen me, you would have thought i was the bride-to-be.

I did it for my friend. If i hadnt done it for her, who would?

The next week, thats a week to the wedding had me running around too, infact i was busier than the previous week. Our hotel was going to be the reception so we just had to set things straight. I wanted my friend's wedding ceremony to be the best. I was so happy for her.

MozB avoided us like a plaque. And even when Kaka and i had gone to his family house to hand him an invitation for the wedding, he had refused to come down and see us.

We had left the wedding invitation card with his siblings and left.

Things were going as planned. MummyM had still not recovered her memory fully but she had grown to love Nathan and i so much. Infact she became fond of me and always wanted me spending the night with her.

Then Nathan and i made preparations for our mums to meet with each other.

That day they'd met at our house and i could tell from their eyes that they didnt really like each other. Or they werent really comfortable with each other.

They hadnt even talked much. And that day, after she and Nathan left, mum had called me.

'that woman was my bestfriend right from my childhood...' she had said.

I'd been really shocked. Then i was like, if she had been your childhood friend, why did the both of you look so uncomfortable with each other?

'because she ruined my marriage. She was the friend of mine that slept with my husband'

I couldnt say a word after that. I was mad. And angry.

'that shouldnt make you break off whatever you have with Nathan. It was his mother's mistake and not yours. She's pretending not to know me for reasons best known to her and....'

'she has amnesia mum, she cant remember anything..'

Though mum had been shocked and really worried, she told me that before Mabel's supposed amnesia, they'd made their peace and had it not been for the amnesia that had cleared Mabel's memories, they would have been best of friends. She had told me to forgive Mabel and that she would try to go close to Mabel again as a friend once more, now that she knew that Mabel's new character was due to the amnesia.

My life was moving smoothly. And now, just two days to my friend's wedding, on the day of her bridal shower, my dream man was proposing. Tears came to my eyes. Who could have ever thought that i would ever fall in love not to talk of getting engaged.

'say yes...' Kaka screamed.

The other girls cheered.

I nodded with tears still in my eyes 'yes. Yes, i'll marry you'

TBC

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 1:50pm On Jan 15, 2017
samyfreshsmooth:
Mehn ur updates dy burst my head o....u and solomonbrown96 are d only writers i knw wey dy drop updates consistently and back to back

i duff my hat 4u jare

i jxt dy wait make i c wetin dat yeye man in d person of shuck abi chuck wan do 2 mabel

anyhow sha I FOLLOW STILL grin
tanks luv. Wats d title of Solomonbrown96's story? I'd like 2 read it...
Re: Red Ashes by haleemwale(m): 1:55pm On Jan 15, 2017
grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Red Ashes by samyfreshsmooth(m): 2:11pm On Jan 15, 2017
Chumzypinky:

tanks luv. Wats d title of Solomonbrown96's story? I'd like 2 read it...

its title choices....its a li2 rauncy sha (i mean in d sex department) bt aside from that its 1 hell of story....its abt playboy solo and playering ( grin )gone wrong

lemme na talk 2 mush...jxt try reading it

abeg can i ask 4 a favour ma'am

make me nathan's best man in d wedding....i dnt knw hw u'll u do it neither do i care how bt i trust u can do it being d great writer u are

PS:4get d samyfreshsmooth jxt use samy...dats if u agree 2 it grin
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 2:33pm On Jan 15, 2017
JOLADE.

'have you seen it?' my mother barked.

My eyes raced around the magazine and my heart skipped. So Nathan was engaged to another? So he was actually dating this particular dreadlocked girl, Kainene or whatever her name was?

I was ashamed of myself. I had been with Nathan for five years but yet he never even showed any sign whether he loved me or not. I was devastated.

I closed the magazine and threw it into the trashbin. My mother picked it, then flashed the magazine on my face 'this...is not the right thing to do Omo mi!' she said angrily 'do you think that by flinging this paper into the trashbin, you've thrown away the fact that Nathan is getting married to another? Eh? Is that what you think?'

'mum, what do you want me to do?' tears stung my eyes 'Nathan doesnt want me. He wants someone else, should i force him?'

'are you really saying that?' she pointed at my stomach 'are you forgetting that you're carrying his child? My God! Do you plan on raising a bastard child? In this society? Jolade, is this how you want to ruin your life?'

The tears started pouring.

'there's nothing to start crying about now Jolade. My God! I cant believe i actually gave birth to a weakling. You cant even fight for what you want! You cant even fight for whats meant for you? This child, so you're going to forfeit everything just like that? Forgetting the fact that a baby is actually on the way. Does Nathan even know about the baby you're expecting?'

I nodded 'i told him. But he denied the pregnancy'

'heyy!' my mother screamed and placed both hands on her head 'Anthonia Oluwatishe, you've suffered alot in this life. You have three daughters but its just as if you have one. Because its only one that truly knows your heart to the fullest. My God and my maker, please do not render my other two daughters useless! Hmm...' she sobbed.

I felt like committing suicide. My life was ruined. If only i knew, had i known, i would have left Nathan since. He was the reason i was pregnant for a rapist who i didnt even know.

If only i knew...
If only my mother didnt push me..
If only i had resisted everything...
If only i had listened to Folake...

Tears poured from my eyes. This wasnt the way i had planned my life to be. It was just too bad for me.

'you're not going to let go just like that my child, i wont let that happen...' my mother said 'Jolade, you'll fight. You'll fight for what belongs to you. You're the mother of Nathan's unborn child and he just cant abandon you just like that. My daughter will not carry a bastard child, you must get married to Nathan and thats it!'

'why do you derive pleasure in ruining other people's lives?'

We both turned to face Folake who had her hands akimbo leaning by the door.

'who's this one? Who called you here?' mother eyed her with scorn.

Folake walked into the room 'you might have ruined my life and walked away freely. But i wont let you ruin my sister's life. I wont let you sell her to a man the way you sold mine and Bidemi's for money. What kind of a mother are you? Do you even know how much you've ruined your daughters' lives? I spoke to Bidemi yesterday and i felt her pain. She's suffering mum. She's suffering in the hands of that monster she calls a husband. A man that keeps so many concubines, brings them home, chases her out of their matrimonial room and haves sex with the various woman he brings home. He has turned Bidemi into a slave in that house. Do you know he has even stopped Bidemi from working? Do you know just how much Bidemi is enduring because of you? I told her to leave that useless man and come back home but she refused. Your precious daughter does not want to break the trust you have in her. I was like, na you sabi. Because i dont see any reason why anyone who would want to see her happiness for a mother that doesnt even care about what happens to her children'

'you're lying Folake. That man takes good care of Bidemi. Do you know how much Bidemi sends home every month end? You're just jealous of her, say it' mum retorted.

Folake eyed her 'the money is all you ever think about. Money money money! Do you think money is the only thing that makes the world go round?'

'you're just a cursed child!'

'you cursed me! You cursed Bidemi! And i wont let you curse Jolade as well. She's my kid sister and i'll do anything in my power to protect you from her! If she wants to get married to that man, fine! But if she doesnt want to, then let her be, dont compel her into doing something she isnt interested in doing, shogbo?'

'weyreh! Didirin! My God will punish you Folake! As you dont want my happiness, so will other people deny you yours'

'the reason your happiness is being denied is because you've deprived other people of their happiness. You will know no peace mother, as far as i'm in this house...' she helped me up.

'and i'll not hesitate to throw you out of my house!' mother barked as we both left the room.

TBC

12 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 2:34pm On Jan 15, 2017
samyfreshsmooth:

its title choices....its a li2 rauncy sha (i mean in d sex department) bt aside from that its 1 hell of story....its abt playboy solo and playering ( grin )gone wrong

lemme na talk 2 mush...jxt try reading it

abeg can i ask 4 a favour ma'am

make me nathan's best man in d wedding....i dnt knw hw u'll u do it neither do i care how bt i trust u can do it being d great writer u are

PS:4get d samyfreshsmooth jxt use samy...dats if u agree 2 it grin
Re: Red Ashes by BurnaKing21: 2:41pm On Jan 15, 2017
Hahahahahaha......i love dix piece
Re: Red Ashes by Twinkle004(f): 2:47pm On Jan 15, 2017
Chumzypinky:
lol, funny u. Hope u're nt eyeing my new fone sha...
Lol, I eyeing ur phone wella but don't worry ur phone iis safe..hapi sunday
Re: Red Ashes by gtin(m): 2:51pm On Jan 15, 2017
Tah Chumzypinky u dy write for d whole world jor, dis last update jst burst my brain
Re: Red Ashes by hatchetman(m): 3:30pm On Jan 15, 2017
always gud..chumzy kip it up and ahwee gve u writer of d year .
Re: Red Ashes by wizsolzy(m): 4:53pm On Jan 15, 2017
I want to cry for nathan nd kainene. Its so lovely. Dats how soft hearted I am
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 6:30pm On Jan 15, 2017
wizsolzy:
I want to cry for nathan nd kainene. Its so lovely. Dats how solf hearted I am
and u're a guy?
Re: Red Ashes by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jan 15, 2017
Mummy three are you still frying that turkey since morning or have you gone for a PICNIC with onye ịsị. Nice work dear mi. I forsee Jolade ganging up with chucks. But seriously MozB didn't force kaka now, wasn't she the one that opened for him. Assuming he didn't moan out Nene's name I bet she won't confess to Xavier. Nene and Nathan hmmm.

1 Like

Re: Red Ashes by Justicextian(m): 6:45pm On Jan 15, 2017
Kai, this story is so so sweet, sweeter than honey, captivating, educative,entertaining, a perfect replica of a nice story. The turn out of event is so interesting, hope everything continues to be rosy for KaiNath sha. By the way, Happy Sunday dear Chumzypinky, hope your sunday rice is still available cos am coming to share the grace on it, tonight ooo... Nice one ma
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 7:00pm On Jan 15, 2017
Prettyhurts:
Mummy three are you still frying that turkey since morning or have you gone for a PICNIC with onye isi
as in eh, no b smal picnic. We've been picnicing since morring
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 7:01pm On Jan 15, 2017
Justicextian:
Kai, this story is so so sweet, sweeter than honey, captivating, educative,entertaining, a perfect replica of a nice story. The turn out of event is so interesting, hope everything continues to be rosy for KaiNath sha. By the way, Happy Sunday dear Chumzypinky, hope your sunday rice is still available cos am coming to share the grace on it, tonight ooo... Nice one ma
no wori, i kip ur share. Bt na burn burn part sha. U knw say na dat syd dey sweet pass
Re: Red Ashes by MozB: 7:24pm On Jan 15, 2017
Prettyhurts:
But seriously MozB didn't force kaka now, wasn't she the one that opened for him. Assuming he didn't moan out Nene's name I bet she won't confess to Xavier.

ohr.. I tire o! No mind dat mumu nene were d carry am for head
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 7:38pm On Jan 15, 2017
MozB:

ohr.. I tire o! No mind dat mumu nene were d carry am for head
c ur big head. Lyk MozB like d real MozB

1 Like

Re: Red Ashes by Opeoluwa99(f): 7:52pm On Jan 15, 2017
Jolade please dont destroy your future o kelvin is available now o
I'm tired of this jolade's love o

Mama chuzypinky you have 3 girls shocked beautiful hope they dont fight sha
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 8:45pm On Jan 15, 2017
Opeoluwa99:
Jolade please dont destroy your future o kelvin is available now o
I'm tired of this jolade's love o

Mama chuzypinky you have 3 girls shocked beautiful hope they dont fight sha
eh? I get boxing ring 4 my hauz fa. I get - pardon d blunders - Judoers, Karaters and Boxers, 4 my house

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (122) (Reply)

Beauty And The Mechanic / The Devil Wears Okrika / All In A Circle.....(A crime story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.