Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

Red Ashes - Literature (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Red Ashes (593002 Views)

The Ashes Of Love / Analysing Dialogue In Red Ashes By Chumzypinky / Hearts In Ashes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (122) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Red Ashes by samyfreshsmooth(m): 9:11pm On Jan 15, 2017
MozB:

ohr.. I tire o! No mind dat mumu nene were d carry am for head
y u dy insult nene na...remember u love her o
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 9:17pm On Jan 15, 2017
Dedicated to Prettyhurts mama and Damsel14.

CHIOMA.

I was in my office - in my hotel - preparing to leave for the event hall to see how the decorations for Kaka's wedding was going when Chuks walked in. I frowned 'why cant you leave me the hell alone?'

'because i love you...' he pulled me close 'i just cant help thinking about you Chichi, you complete my wholebeing. Why cant you just let bygones be bygones? I love you Chioma, you just dont know how much you mean to me..'

I eyed him angrily 'are you done?'

'Chichi...'

'for your information dearie, i think you're going to be invited to Kainene's wedding very soon because she just got engaged. When that time comes, i promise to let you know. But for now, i think you need to get out of here before i alert the securities'

'Chioma, you dont know what you're doing to yourself. You dont know the harm this stubborness of yours is going to bring to you. If i were you, i'd just let go of everything'

'is that supposed to be a threat?'

'its a warning. Look Chioma, i love you. I really do. You and Kainene both mean everything to me and my greatest wish right now is to be with the both of you. I want us to renew our wedding vows. I wont beg you or force you anymore, but i would want you to use your common sense, think Chioma think! You would be losing a lot if you dont come to me. I can make you lose everything in a flash you know?' He flashed a wicked smile.

'whats that supposed to mean?'

'what its supposed to mean is that you're going to come back to me whether by hook or by crook. I didnt come here to issue threats but if i were you, i would use my tongue to count my teeth. I'm aware of everything you're involved in Chi, the bribes and all. Dont ask me how i know, because i have my sources. You seem to have forgotten how this hotel came into existence. We both know' he winked and left.

Cold shivers ran down my spine.

JOLADE.

I stared at the number for a while. And i was convinced i was doing the right thing. I convinced myself that i was doing it for mama. I was doing it for my unborn child and for his or her future to be secured.
I could feel the child growing in my womb and believe it or not, i'd grown to love it. It had become a habit of mine to just place my hand on my still flat stomach and speak to my child. I already named him or her. Be it a girl, she was going to be christened Katherine Omawunmi Imore. And be it a boy, his name was going to be Davis Olushola Imore. I smiled within me.

I would give anything for my child to bear the surname - Imore. Anything at all.

I dialled the number with shaky hands. It rang twice before it was picked.

'hmm, it seems someone finally remembered that there's a girl somewhere around the world named Qasa...'

I swallowed hard. I had been a fool speaking to her the way i did in the past. And i just wished i could turn back the hands of time 'hi Qasa'

'very funny. Why are you calling?'

'i...i just wanted to wish you a happy new month...' i lied, remembering it was 1st March.

'hahahahaha. I feel like laughing my butts out right now. Isnt it crazy? You, of all people calling to wish me a happy new month? Seriously? Is that how you call everyone you know wishing them a happy new month?'

'Qasa, i'm sorry about last time'

'really? Did something happen last time? Because i dont remember'

'i'm sorry about the way i spoke to you'

'really? So why are you suddenly feeling sorry? Wait, lemme guess, i saw the newspapers. Laugh wan kill me for here. Mabel Imore's son just got engaged and it was that girl with the dreadlocks, that girl from the other day. Hahahahahaha, so you need my help now right?'

'Qasa, i...'

'if you need my help, you know where to see me. I told you that day didnt i? That you'll finally come back to me. Jolade, if you want to see me, come to the senator's house, i wonder why your sister left anyways'

'Qasa, i'm pregnant, i dont think...'

'so? You're pregnant i should fly? Do you think i dont know how you've been opening your legs for every cocks available. A Mouth Gig wouldnt be...'

'Qasa, i cant make love to you. I'm pregnant. How many times do i need to say that? Cant you just help me? I'll pay later. I owe you one. Besides, you have Adebriana with you'

She laughed 'you must really take me for a fool Lade, a very big one. No pay, no show. Get that?'

I sighed. For my child, i reminded myself 'okay fine, anything you wish. I'm coming over'

'when you come, we talk about what you want us to do to that bitch'

'i want her dead'

'like i said, when you come, we talk' She hung up.

TBC

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Red Ashes by Mztemmy(f): 9:21pm On Jan 15, 2017
Kainene is now in danger.....may God help her
Re: Red Ashes by yusufibrahim(m): 10:06pm On Jan 15, 2017
Weldone MA the story is getting more and more interesting u are blessed more grace to you
#Respect
Re: Red Ashes by damsel14(f): 10:08pm On Jan 15, 2017
hmmmmmm i smelling sth o...chumzypinky hope sth wnt happen to my crush nathan nd kaniene.......

mummy chumzypinky tanx for the dedication... :ohmmmmmm i smelling sth o...chumzypinky hope sth wnt happen to my crush nathan nd kaniene.......

mummy chumzypinky tanx for the dedication...
Re: Red Ashes by hatchetman(m): 11:02pm On Jan 15, 2017
qasa wil jus b 4min bad gel lyk she can do anitin...
Re: Red Ashes by wizsolzy(m): 7:04am On Jan 16, 2017
Chumzypinky:
and u're a guy?

Yes na Aunty chumzy.
Re: Red Ashes by Nobody: 7:41am On Jan 16, 2017
MozB:

ohr.. I tire o! No mind dat mumu nene were d carry am for head

Why you come moan person name ni? You just broke the rule 401 of se.x 'thou shalt not moan another person name buh your current partner'

5 Likes

Re: Red Ashes by Hadassah43(f): 8:42am On Jan 16, 2017
huh, hpe z nt wah am thinking sha, buh am still following
Re: Red Ashes by boldndbeautiful(f): 10:55am On Jan 16, 2017
Hmmmmm, after so long, hi chumzymama, aw our stubborn pikins dem cheesy
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 2:52pm On Jan 16, 2017
boldndbeautiful:
Hmmmmm, after so long, hi chumzymama, aw our stubborn pikins dem cheesy
point of correctn, my kids aint stubborn dey ar glorious *winks*

2 Likes

Re: Red Ashes by wizsolzy(m): 3:51pm On Jan 16, 2017
oya jalade go make dem go lick ur pu**y ode gal undecided
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 3:54pm On Jan 16, 2017
wizsolzy:
oya jalade go make dem go lick ur pu**y ode gal undecided
hmm, iyaff spoil finish
Re: Red Ashes by yorhmienerd(m): 3:58pm On Jan 16, 2017
I think the title 'Red Ashes' is now coming to light...

Pheew! It's been long I commented on any story, chumzypinky, nice job.
Re: Red Ashes by wizsolzy(m): 4:07pm On Jan 16, 2017
Chumzypinky:

hmm, iyaff spoil finish

i yaf not spoil..... jolade hv let her mother to press ctrl-spoil in her life>>>> but wat i said is true la grin
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 4:54pm On Jan 16, 2017
wizsolzy:

i yaf not spoil..... jolade hv let her mother to press ctrl-spoil in her life>>>> but wat i said is true la grin
lol. Wen u luv ur moda, u'l do anything 2 make ha happy
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 5:04pm On Jan 16, 2017
Tijehi, long time
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 5:43pm On Jan 16, 2017
KAKA.

Tomorrow was my wedding. I was finally getting married to the man of my dreams the next day. Everything had gone smoothly thanks to my one and only sister from another mother - Kainene. What would i have done without her?

Even my mum had done her best. I knew she was happy that i was finally leaving her home. I had been a pin in the ass to her and i know that. But then, what are mothers if they cant even tolerate their children's excesses. I loved my mum, and i would do anything to make her happy. Though we do disagree on a lot of things. I might not have been her favourite child but i knew she loved me as well.
My beautiful tomboy mum.

My phone beeped in my pocket as they stylist dressed my hair. I removed it from my pocket. It was a message from MozB.
We need to talk. Where are you?

I smiled inwardly. Maybe he was finally read to talk. I smiled again, no matter what had gone down between us, he was still my friend and i'll do anything to have my friend back.

I'm at the salon. Do you mind coming over?

His reply came quicker than expected i dont mind. Though i want somewhere private where we can talk

I texted back When you're there just let me know. Its Ladies Salon. You should know that place. Its close to the estate where we used to live

I remember

About twenty minutes later, he called saying he was front of the salon.

'erm...Vera?' i said to the stylist making my hair.

'yes dear?'

Vera had been my stylist right from time. She was an expert at what she did.

'just hold on okay? I need to see someone opposite'

'okay. Hurry up. I have lots of customers waiting'

'i will' i winked at her and hurried outside the salon.

I saw his sleek black venzer parked across the road. I crossed the road and knocked on the window. He whined down and opened the passenger door for me, i entered.

'hi...' i said.

'hi'

I looked at him with a smile. He was uncomfortable 'why did you want to see me?'

'i...' he looked at me again 'i just wanted to apologise for everything...everything that has happened'

I smiled again 'everything is in the past now MozB'

'i'm really sorry Kamsi. I'm glad your fiance understood. He's a very good man'

'yeah, he is. And i'm so lucky to have him. Hope you're attending my wedding tomorrow?'

'i wont miss it for the world. We're still friends right?'

'yeah, of course, friends for life'

He smiled showing off his beautiful dimples 'what of Kainene?'

'Kainene, ah han! Guess what?'

He rolled his eyes 'what again?'

'Nene just got engaged. Her boyfriend engaged her yesterday at my bridal shower. It was something else, infact, lemme show you the pictures, it was so...'

'what are you saying?!'

I looked up at him and saw the anger laced on his forehead 'what the hell are you blabbing about Kaka?'

'Moses, i understand how you feel but...'

He slapped his steering hard 'you'd better be joking Kamsi. Because i wont let Kainene slip away from my fingers, never! I love Nene, no one can ever love her the way i do. She's the reason i came back. I didnt come because i wanted to see anybody's face. I didnt come because of your fucking wedding! I didnt come because i wanted to see my family! I came because of my Kainene! My Kainene! She's mine! And nobody else is going to have her if i cant. No one, i repeat, no one! Fvck! Fvck! Fvck!' he continued slapping his steering so hard, gnashing his teeth in anger. I'd never seen him so angry. And i became scared.

'Moses, i dont know whats wrong with you but i think you should stop this madness right now! What is wrong with you sef? Arent you supposed to be happy for Nene? Dem swear for you? Na you be the winchy winchy wey dem send make you block her progress abi? You smoke? See the hungry donkey oo! Wonders shall never end!' i clapped my hands 'you're just lucky Nene is not here. Look at your mouth, did i tell you to come back to Niger to grace my wedding before? Infact, dont fucking come to my wedding! Because if i see you there, i'll have you walked out in a disgraceful manner, you know what i'm capable of! Crazy...'

'thats enough Kaka! Why are you talking to me that way?'

'look, i'll not let you ruin my friend's happiness. Do you even know how much i love Kainene? I know your type, you'll try to hurt her and her fiance, but be warned, if anything happens to any of them, casala go burst oo. Where's the MozB i once knew for crying out loud? Because i do not know this one!'

'i love Nene!'

'abeg make i hear world jareh! Love aint selfish!' i eyed him and came down from the car.

Why did i have this feeling that MozB was going to hurt Nene and Nathan?
No! I wasnt going to let anything happen to them.

TBC

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 6:21pm On Jan 16, 2017
Maryclaire1... Realblizz... Paradise163... i'm sawing u guys oo
Re: Red Ashes by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jan 16, 2017
NICE!
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 6:26pm On Jan 16, 2017
Ziniroe mismore Adebriana U guys shuld comment na, haba!
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 6:26pm On Jan 16, 2017
Ziniroe:
NICE!
aww
Re: Red Ashes by mismore(f): 6:28pm On Jan 16, 2017
Chumzypinky:
Ziniroe
mismore
Adebriana
U guys shuld comment na, haba!

I don't even know what to comment. The last update got me smiling.
Nice work madam
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 6:31pm On Jan 16, 2017
Lets do something guyss!!
Hw abt we describe all d characters in ds story? Dats..how do you see d characters in ds story?
Wat do u think about dem?

1. Kainene
2. Nathan
3. Kaka
4. Chioma
5. Mabel
6. Jolade
7. Kelvin
8. Onome
9. Folake
10. Tonia (Jolade's mum)
11. Qasa
12. MozB
13. Xaviercasmir
Re: Red Ashes by Mztemmy(f): 6:31pm On Jan 16, 2017
Many people plotting against kainene......thumbs up Mrs chumzy
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 6:31pm On Jan 16, 2017
mismore:

I don't even know what to comment. The last update got me smiling. Nice work madam
tanx luv
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 6:32pm On Jan 16, 2017
Mztemmy:
Many people plotting against kainene......thumbs up Mrs chumzy
tanx luv
Re: Red Ashes by Maryclaire1(f): 6:46pm On Jan 16, 2017
Chumzypinky:
Maryclaire1...
Realblizz...
Paradise163...
i'm sawing u guys oo
smiley I have been reading silently and following your novel since last week and am here finally...... Lovely story and your constant use of DEEP pingin ehnnnnn grin....I can't fit contain my laugh....well all the character for this story get their own for body.....you too much ma'am. Thanks for your consistent updates even with your gigantic chores at home u still find out time to update.. God bless u ma'am and your family...
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 7:24pm On Jan 16, 2017
Maryclaire1:
smiley I have been reading silently and following your novel since last week and am here finally...... Lovely story and your constant use of DEEP pingin ehnnnnn grin....I can't fit contain my laugh....well all the character for this story get their own for body.....you too much ma'am. Thanks for your consistent updates even with your gigantic chores at home u still find out time to update.. God bless u ma'am and your family...
amen! Amen! I claim it IJN
Re: Red Ashes by adebriana(f): 8:00pm On Jan 16, 2017
Chumzypinky:
Ziniroe
mismore
Adebriana
U guys shuld comment na, haba!
Thumbs up dear, nice update. I hope Kaka won't blame Mozb when Qasa and Jolade hurt Nene
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 9:04pm On Jan 16, 2017
Michelle55, make sure u dnt leave here without dropping small thing for d boys
Re: Red Ashes by Michelle55: 9:10pm On Jan 16, 2017
Chumzypinky:
Michelle55, make sure u dnt leave here without dropping small thing for d boys
choi! She don catch me oh.. Gbese re o

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (122) (Reply)

Beauty And The Mechanic / The Devil Wears Okrika / All In A Circle.....(A crime story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.