Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,617 members, 7,823,701 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:34 PM

HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! (26890 Views)

Famous Quotes Of Prof Chinua Achebe / Famous Quotes By Ojukwu / History Lesson 2: Gideon Orkar Broadcast Message-unedited (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by Nobody: 6:42am On Nov 16, 2009
Onlytruth:

^^^^^
And enters the Florida allegator alligator to share in the meaty feast! grin
Is there a problem?
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by Onlytruth(m): 6:45am On Nov 16, 2009
^^^
Thanks for the correction. No, no problem, we know you too! The genocidal feast is on!
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by Nobody: 6:46am On Nov 16, 2009
Onlytruth:

^^^
Thanks for the correction. No, no problem, we know you too! The genocidal feast is on!
You're welcome.

Of course you know me as I know you.

Anything else?
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by Onlytruth(m): 6:49am On Nov 16, 2009
No, so please move on! Unless you have devised newer ways of carrying out your stock in trade. If you do, lets hear it! Else, one genocider from your tribe is enough on this thread, don't you think so?
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by Nobody: 6:52am On Nov 16, 2009
Onlytruth:

No, so please move on! Unless you have devised newer ways of carrying out your stock in trade. If you do, lets hear it! Else, one genocider from your tribe is enough on this thread, don't you think so?
Move on from what?

Hmmm, lol, why should I?

I didnt mean to touch a nerve, but I guess tht's a plus.
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by SEFAGO(m): 6:53am On Nov 16, 2009
I LOVE IGBO FIRST B/4 NIGERIA,BECAUSE NIGERIA IS THE WHITEMANS MAKING.I HAVE READ ALL THE TREADS POSTED,THE VIEWS OF MOST TRIBES IN NIGERIA IS THAT THE IGBOS SHOULD JUST FORGET THE INJUSTICE AGAINST  THEM AND MOVE ON IN A COUNTRY WHER THEY ARE HATED.I WANT TO MAKE IT CATEGORY CLEAR THE IGBOS SHOULD BE MORE OFFENSIVE TO ISSUES CONCERNING THEM.

This is usually what is termed treason. But of course all things fly- this is your tribesman. Even crazy becomrich has never proclaimed his love for yoruba people first. He just wants you to free his people grin grin.
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by Onlytruth(m): 6:53am On Nov 16, 2009
Do you have any new point other than the usual "wipe them out".
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by SEFAGO(m): 6:56am On Nov 16, 2009
Beaf apparently not supporting his people cool

Yes, the Midwest was both a serial pawn and victim. But some of the major players were from the Midwest (eg Kaduna Nzeogwu). Indegenes also pointed out Igbo's (who they knew would be excecuted) mainly out of fear when the Federal troops arrived.

Of course they were not participants but pawns/victims- here is beaf trying to absolve his cowardly people. Using onlytruth's rhetoric- germans who pointed out jews, where of course victims/pawns since they feared the gestapo  grin grin grin.
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by Onlytruth(m): 6:58am On Nov 16, 2009
The Igbos must be considerably reduced in number" (Lagos Policeman quoted in New York Review, 21 December, 1967)
One word now describes the policy of the Nigerian military government towards secessionist Biafra: genocide. It is ugly and extreme but it is the only word which fits Nigeria's decision to stop the International Committee of the red Cross, and other relief agencies, from flying food to Biafra ,

" Washington Post (editorial) July 2, 1969 "

Back to the topic!
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by Beaf: 7:00am On Nov 16, 2009
Onlytruth:

Thanks again Beaf

Welcome back Udezue

The SEFAGO character gets a hard-on from genocidal theories. PHD in genocide grin

Onlytruth, na so we see am jare!
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by Onlytruth(m): 7:02am On Nov 16, 2009
SEFAGO:

Of course they were not participants but pawns/victims- here is beaf trying to absolve his cowardly people. Using onlytruth's rhetoric- germans who pointed out jews, where of course victims/pawns since they feared the gestapo  grin grin grin.

Beaf don't even bother responding to this! It is OLD STRATAGEM! Don't let him derail the thread!
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by SEFAGO(m): 7:03am On Nov 16, 2009
Really? At the time we were discussing ways to sort out the grieviances from the past genocide, you diverted the topic to this Alice in Wonderland war idea (where Shell sides those who don't have oil against those who do and then sit back twiddling their thumbs - because Ijaw man no go let dem drill - until the war is over). Stop tripping over your own tongue, it makes you look even more . . . (fill in the gap).

Big fat liar- you and your group were engaging in the blame game. That is what 95% of the posts on this thread have been- you guys trying to demonize one group. God knows how many time "my father, forefathers and people" have been mentioned. Look back through the thread- i just did
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by Beaf: 7:04am On Nov 16, 2009
SEFAGO:

Of course they were not participants but pawns/victims- here is beaf trying to absolve his cowardly people. Using onlytruth's rhetoric- germans who pointed out jews, where of course victims/pawns since they feared the gestapo  grin grin grin.

I don't see what you are getting at (apart from being stupid that is). There you are in your small World thinking you can drag me into your "tribalistic" gutter, but I am above you.

Try a new Nazi trick boy (or is it girl today?).
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by SEFAGO(m): 7:05am On Nov 16, 2009
Before, we had only few months to defend ourselves against you. Now,we have forever! So, ol boy calm down. Time is on our side! Relax. I once prophesized that you guys will one day beg us to leave Nigeria and we will then give you the terms under which we leave. So jeje my friend, no hurry in life!

Here is Onlytruth and beaf arguing on how to prevent more bloodshed  grin
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by SEFAGO(m): 7:06am On Nov 16, 2009
Try a new Nazi trick boy (or is it girl today?).

It is guy for today- tomorrow I can change tongue
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by Beaf: 7:06am On Nov 16, 2009
Onlytruth:

Beaf don't even bother responding to this! It is OLD STRATAGEM! Don't let him derail the thread!

I didn't see your post (but you see say we sabi catch crocodile grin)
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by SEFAGO(m): 7:08am On Nov 16, 2009
The other mistake you guys make is you keep assuming that Igbos are simply after the creation of Biafra. Ol boy, you don't even have a clue! Like I told your brother DuduKight, one day you guys will beg us to leave and we would then give you our terms! Time and history is on our side.

So what is your agenda? total annihilation of other tribes shocked shocked shocked
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by Onlytruth(m): 7:08am On Nov 16, 2009
udezue:

No need to change your colors jare.

Like Onlytruth said we know u. Too late.

Academic opinion More like academic threat.

grin grin grin
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by Beaf: 7:09am On Nov 16, 2009
SEFAGO:

Here is Onlytruth and beaf arguing on how to prevent more bloodshed  grin

Of course! . . .And there you are proffering "academic" massacres on the Ijaws, communal raping of Igbo women. . . What next?
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by SEFAGO(m): 7:10am On Nov 16, 2009
LMAOOOO^^^^^^ and u truly believe Igbos can't do the same? Igbos have ground the economy of many naija cities to a halt and can do it again so economically we will all feel the pinch.  Grin Bring it.  My guy or girl this not 1966. Those fantasies wont come true.

see how powerful we are? Local champions   . Does cause usually mean effect?
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by SEFAGO(m): 7:11am On Nov 16, 2009
Of course! . . .And there you are proffering "academic" massacres on the Ijaws, communal raping of Igbo women. . . What next?

I am right now kissing my beautiful ND ex-girlfriend kiss kiss kiss
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by Beaf: 7:12am On Nov 16, 2009
SEFAGO:

see how powerful we are? Local champions   . Does cause usually mean effect?

[size=14pt]And see how satanic you are[/size]

SEFAGO:

. . .
War with Nigeria, funded secretly by Shell, and company, and the northern elites who have more money than your so called igbo men could even dream of off, would make the war end in a maximum of five days.

Your mention of the ijaw conflict raises an important issue. [size=14pt]The government could easily end the ijaw conflict by massacring the ijaw people (thought experiments, nothing to do with my opinions mate)[/size], but of course this would be seen as a genocide as opposed to maintaining federal peace. So its makes sense why such atrocities were committed during the civil war, as aforementioned.
. . .
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by SEFAGO(m): 7:13am On Nov 16, 2009
War with Nigeria, funded secretly by Shell, and company, and the northern elites who have more money than your so called igbo men could even dream of off, would make the war end in a maximum of five days.

Your mention of the ijaw conflict raises an important issue. The government could easily end the ijaw conflict by massacring the ijaw people (thought experiments, nothing to do with my opinions mate), but of course this would be seen as a genocide as opposed to maintaining federal peace. So its makes sense why such atrocities were committed during the civil war, as aforementioned.
. . .
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by Onlytruth(m): 7:13am On Nov 16, 2009
SEFAGO:

So what is your agenda? total annihilation of other tribes shocked shocked shocked

shocked shocked shocked Who dey fear now! I'm totally flabbergasted!
No, (mate?) you keep thinking genocidal. How about identifying people we share values with first. The rest will play itself out. So, don't run yet!
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by SEFAGO(m): 7:14am On Nov 16, 2009
@Beaf
Abeg bros, since we both are jobless and have nothing to do, can you show me how you enlarged your figures  kiss
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by SEFAGO(m): 7:16am On Nov 16, 2009
Who dey fear now! I'm totally flabbergasted!
No, (mate?) you keep thinking genocidal. How about identifying people we share values with first. The rest will play itself out. So, don't run yet!

Of course igbos have the best values in the world says the igbo man. In addition, they are distinct and irreconciliable with other cultures because we are so radically different. Nothing is obviously wrong with this statement
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by Onlytruth(m): 7:16am On Nov 16, 2009
SEFAGO:

@Beaf
Abeg bros, since we both are jobless and have nothing to do, can you show me how you enlarged your figures  kiss

Chei! Jobless man planning genocide! Na wa o! shocked shocked shocked
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by Beaf: 7:18am On Nov 16, 2009
SEFAGO:

No, i dont feel or think the ND issue could be resolved that way. But I am posing a purely academic thought. the problem is i think complexly, but cant write everything down quickly. I am trying to show that the ND issue could be resolved by an all out warfare on the rebels. But these rebels are housed by people in their village making efforts futile. So in general, this makes things more complex, and [size=14pt]so why not wipe out the whole village to prevent, an upsurge [/size] of more warfare (this sounds horrible), but as i said a thought experiment. Their is only two ways of resolving this issue- 1 is finding what the ijaw ppl want and tyring to reach a ground point, or do it the horrible way.

As i said dialogue is the most important thing. And well planned dialogue.

[size=14pt]All you need is a swastika.[/size]
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by SEFAGO(m): 7:19am On Nov 16, 2009
No, i am in school, playing videogames, and eating popcorn, while two fully grown men, supposedly with jobs, are giving themselves hypertension.
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by Onlytruth(m): 7:20am On Nov 16, 2009
"Bestialities and indignities of all kinds were visited on Biafrans in 1966. In Ikeja Barracks (Western Nigeria) Biafrans were forcibly fed on a mixture of human urine and faeces. In Northern Nigeria numerous Biafran house-wives and nursing mothers were raped before their husbands and children. Young girls were abducted from their homes, working places and schools and forced into sexual intercourse with sick, demented and leprous men.
Mr. Eric Spiff (German War correspondence Eyewitness, 1967

Again back to the topic!
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by SEFAGO(m): 7:20am On Nov 16, 2009
All you need is a swastika.

Aba market dey sell am  grin grin grin
Re: HISTORY LESSON: Nigeria/Biafran Civil War Most Famous Quotes!! by Beaf: 7:21am On Nov 16, 2009
"Until now efforts to relieve the Biafran people have been thwarted by the desire of the central government of Nigeria to pursue total and unconditional victory and by the fear of the Ibo people that surrender means wholesale atrocities and genocide. But genocide is what is taking place right now - and starvation is the grim reaper. This is not the time to stand on ceremony, or to go through channels or to observe the diplomatic niceties,  The destruction of an entire people is an immoral objective even in the most moral of wars. It can never be justified; it can never be condoned."
Mr. Richard Nixon, September 9, 1968- During the Presidential Campaign.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

Ken Saro-Wiwa's 74th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! / Rochas Okorocha's True Identity Finally Exposed !!!imo State Beware!!! / All States Must Abide By Proposed Minimum Wage – Ngige

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.