Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,651 members, 7,809,459 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:00 AM

Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? (21654 Views)

Chris Okafor Acquires A Private Jet (Photos) / Pastor Adeboye’s $65m Private Jet Parked In Oyedepo’s Hangar In Lagos (Photo) / Why David Ibiyeomie Deserves More Than A Private Jet (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by Elxandre(m): 2:01pm On Dec 18, 2016
firstking01:
Smh, you are bigger than this ignoranceundecided…for the records i know, all the oyedepos, kumuyis, ibiyieomie of this world has their own lucrative business booming for them, they don't touch God's money that i can vouche forundecided…serve God well He will bless you immensely...people just have this mindset that pastors are poor people, or are supposed to be poor people, utter rubbish...infact pastors are supposed to be the wealthiestundecided, most of their problems are ignorance, some of them see venturing into business as sin thereby missing out in that opportunity to grow financially, this is where oyedepo and the likes are having an edge over other pastors...i 've alot to write but let me hold my peace here...you know i love countering your controversial threads like this oneundecided
I've been very curious.

What business does Bishop Oyedepo do?
Since you claim you can vouch for him.

1 Like

Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by Zenlife: 2:01pm On Dec 18, 2016
vizkiz:
Poverty mentality.

So it is okay for a millionaire, politician and a musician to have private jets but a pastor is subjected to suffering right?

Serving God doesn't mean you shouldn't enjoy things because the earth is the lord's and the fullness therein

Before most of you (seun inclusive) come to nairaland to type junk maybe you should just take a minute and go through the Bible then read with your IQ (if you have any) not just rush to prove a void point

Non Mentality!
Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by osomegbe(m): 2:02pm On Dec 18, 2016
Good question that must be answered the best way I can. Is it bought with personal money or church money? Do you need it for church business or private holidaying etc.
If it is just a Nigerian church without branches worldwide like country like Papau New Guinea, you may not need, otherwise I think they need if they need to be travelling all over the world almost on a weekly basis.
The craze is jet now. It used to be cars and nobody is talking about cars today. It will still fade away.
Nobody sees anything wrong with the pope owning a jet, and heliport, helicopters etc. But we make noise when it is Nigeria pastor. What is the difference between the pope and the GO that has branches worldwide.
In my particular parish, the less privilege enjoy from the rich more. Resources are put together to assist some most times. Sch fees are paid. House rents are also paid etc. Come to the church and get involved and speak based what you experienced and not what you hear.

1 Like

Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by osomegbe(m): 2:03pm On Dec 18, 2016
Elxandre:

I've been very curious.

What business does Bishop Oyedepo do?
Since you claim you can vouch for him.
It seems you don't know he is a writer also.
Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by sucess001(m): 2:04pm On Dec 18, 2016
firstking01:
YES...If an ordinary(natural) man needs a jet for his travel comfort i think the clergies should not be left outundecided

Is there an ordinary man' in ur Bible?

Or u didn't read where Jesus said if u do anyting to these 'ordinary men', u do it to him also?

God save u from clergy worship
Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by martineverest(m): 2:05pm On Dec 18, 2016
Adaowerri111:
lies ...checkout Kenneth Copeland
name another....jakes.

I can give u 7 nigerian pastors with jets
Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by wilky9ice: 2:07pm On Dec 18, 2016
It's not good for Nigeria pastors to have a private jet, but is good for political to have a private jet. So you guys want our Nigeria pastors to leave in poverty and our political leave in wealth Abi. God bless you guys for running mouth.
Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by Elxandre(m): 2:10pm On Dec 18, 2016
osomegbe:

It seems you don't know he is a writer also.
How many copies does he sell to be able to afford a Jet?

Though, he stated last week that he doesn't touch the proceeds of the books.

Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by tejpot(m): 2:10pm On Dec 18, 2016
vizkiz:
Poverty mentality.

So it is okay for a millionaire, politician and a musician to have private jets but a pastor is subjected to suffering right?

Serving God doesn't mean you shouldn't enjoy things because the earth is the lord's and the fullness therein

Before most of you (seun inclusive) come to nairaland to type junk maybe you should just take a minute and go through the Bible then read with your IQ (if you have any) not just rush to prove a void point

Hello sir, you fall my hand.
You know why I am typing this late? Because I had to read the bible before responding. A pastor should not suffer but a pastor should also sacrifice. What's the role of the musician? to entertain his or her audience for money. The role of a politician, to deceive the masses using the law or so to make money. A millionaire? To invest wisely or risky wisely to make money.
For all these people there is no categorical guiding principle or specific role model. All are subjective and depend on individual's view and exposure. But when it comes to a Pastor, there is a guiding principle-the bible, there is a role model-Jesus, and there are lights to guide him-the disciples. Jesus advocates a modest life, and this is evidenced by his conducts in the bible. The disciples set an incredible example for us, they broke bread together and they shared everything in common. Truly the pastors cannot be stopped from making their money, but will they be able to share it in common with the church. And don't forget that the church is particularly set up to cater for members welfare; physical and spiritual.

Again going by your analogy, "being a pastor does not mean you shouldn't enjoy life", I want to agree with you, and you will also agree with me that "being a Christian does not mean I should not do the normal things people(millionaires, politicians, Muslims, atheists, Hinduist,) do. That means I can lie, steal, kill, get drunk, fornicate, sexuallise, sleep with animals, commit suicidal acts and continue to leave an uncontrolled life. Since all these are part of enjoying life. I totally agree with you that following in the footsteps of pastors, members should enjoy life to the fullest maximum.

Thanks

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by CHARLOE(m): 2:11pm On Dec 18, 2016
@ op, dont b jealous, pastors need jets to carry tithes n seeds to give god in heaven, plz be careful, touch not my annointed!
Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by adexsimply(m): 2:14pm On Dec 18, 2016
vizkiz:
Poverty mentality.

The fact that you have no inkling what "IQ" means has rendered all you said (which doesn't make sense, btw) useless.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by cassidy1996(m): 2:14pm On Dec 18, 2016
Lizzyfroshey:
Yes/no I'm confused self
you are funny, lol
Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by CHARLOE(m): 2:15pm On Dec 18, 2016
wilky9ice:
It's not good for Nigeria pastors to have a private jet, but is good for political to have a private jet. So you guys want our Nigeria pastors to leave in poverty and our political leave in wealth Abi. God bless you guys for running mouth.
Don't mind them, how can pastors be flying commercial airline? That's poverty! My pastor must enjoy like polithiefcian, my god is not a poor good!
Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by zubby29(m): 2:18pm On Dec 18, 2016
vizkiz:

Fück off junior the elders are having a discussion for those with working brains
i taught you are a Christian.or am I missing something?
Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by kazyhm(m): 2:18pm On Dec 18, 2016
I was actually thinking about creating a thread after I visited makoko couple of days ago.

but I was just very sure of the stupidity of our religious' leaders minion whose brain has been replaced with sand

then, my thoughts was....if assume a pastor (like those purchasing private jets) have church and have only options to live within makoko vicinity, they would acquire speed boat base on excuse that they need to win more soul while those already won will be languishing in their normal financial predicament.

so, it occurred to me that, their reason(s) to acquire something that will give them an edge to reach people outside their base is just

1) to expand their minion base.
2) to appear bigger than they really are
(celebrity lifestyle)
3) to be respected
4) to try to practice what they preach (you can't be truly serving God and be poor)
5) to live above poverty level ( which is relative )
6) to dine with made men ...

and the list goes on

if not, you already have enough people with enough problems to be concern about but you are still yarning for more people with more problems?

that just don't make any sense at all ?

1 Share

Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by LordIsaac(m): 2:18pm On Dec 18, 2016
You can see the response of their loyalists...totally void of reasoning. You now wonder why it is so easy for a politician to deceive 180million+ people. Take away deep thinking and rational thought from a people and who you have left are Nigerians! Quote me as freely as you wish.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by Adaowerri111: 2:22pm On Dec 18, 2016
martineverest:
name another....jakes.

I can give u 7 nigerian pastors with jets
, cleflo dollar, joseph prince ...the list goes on
Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by CecyAdrian(f): 2:24pm On Dec 18, 2016
tejpot:

Hello sir, you fall my hand.
You know why I am typing this late? Because I had to read the bible before responding. A pastor should not suffer but a pastor should also sacrifice. What's the role of the musician? to entertain his or her audience for money. The role of a politician, to deceive the masses using the law or so to make money. A millionaire? To invest wisely or risky wisely to make money.
For all these people there is no categorical guiding principle or specific role model. All are subjective and depend on individual's view and exposure. But when it comes to a Pastor, there is a guiding principle-the bible, there is a role model-Jesus, and there are lights to guide him-the disciples. Jesus advocates a modest life, and this is evidenced by his conducts in the bible. The disciples set an incredible example for us, they broke bread together and they shared everything in common. Truly the pastors cannot be stopped from making their money, but will they be able to share it in common with the church. And don't forget that the church is particularly set up to cater for members welfare; physical and spiritual.

Again going by your analogy, "being a pastor does not mean you shouldn't enjoy life", I want to agree with you, and you will also agree with me that "being a Christian does not mean I should not do the normal things people(millionaires, politicians, Muslims, atheists, Hinduist,) do. That means I can lie, steal, kill, get drunk, fornicate, sexuallise, sleep with animals, commit suicidal acts and continue to leave an uncontrolled life. Since all these are part of enjoying life. I totally agree with you that following in the footsteps of pastors, members should enjoy life to the fullest maximum.

Thanks

Oh my God!!!

Now, this is a very detailed explanation. You just finished the topic.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by Mavrick2012: 2:25pm On Dec 18, 2016
vizkiz:
[font=serif] Poverty mentality.

[/football ]
pathetic, not even a single quote to explain how the followers of the christ who BORROWED a donkey should be extra flamboyant.
Even if you want to quote, it will still be the verse "papa" showed you (no independent opinion).
Even the word "poverty mentality" was given to you at church,this is the language of an average pentecostal. Lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by DangotePikin: 2:27pm On Dec 18, 2016
chuose2:
Good question OP, especially while the congregation is so poor!

Adeboye owns a jet, while many are POOR angry
don't call that name anyhow o! God does not joke with his agents.
Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by Elxandre(m): 2:28pm On Dec 18, 2016
LaExpert:

No wonder you're ashamed to repost your ordeal.
You requested for 6k from a church pastor, not even the church, he declined...and you concluded that most churches don't give help...and was even thinking if it was worth it to keep paying tithes there!

How ridiculous. I don't have to say anything about how poor such reasoning is, everyone here can see it.

By the way, I can list countless charitable pastors...that give help from their own pockets.

Show me someone who went to a church for help...and the Church sent the person away!

2. What should be done about the high school fees of these universities? Let me hear from you.

What about when a woman who couldn't afford her child's comes for help, only to be given the offering basket to stand in front of the church.
As expected it wasn't nearly enough.

Something the church should have given her directly from it's pocket!
Smh!

Talking about the fees, how about the church subsidizes the cost heavily, while cutting down on some other expenses like building new ultra mega theatres?
Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Dec 18, 2016
yorhmienerd:
Why don't you leave that to God?
ODE!
Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by CecyAdrian(f): 2:28pm On Dec 18, 2016
CHARLOE:

Don't mind them, how can pastors be flying commercial airline? That's poverty! My pastor must enjoy like polithiefcian, my god is not a poor good!

Hehehhehehehehehe, una weldon ooooo, so pastors flying commercial line now signal poverty ! May the Lord have mercy on us all.

When Jesus had that triumphant entry into Jerusalem, he BORROWED!!! It's not like he can not ask all the rich men who come to him for wise counsel to get it for him, ofcos they would have gladly done so, but Christ BORROWED the only flamboyant thing he used in the bible. Make una wise up small na
Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by Nobody: 2:30pm On Dec 18, 2016
orisa37:
Yes. You use your best to serve God. Our God is not wretched.

You're a victim of ignorance and perpetual slavery.
Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by Toks2008(m): 2:32pm On Dec 18, 2016
davoo203:
Yes, they do. The sincere ones that want to go global. Owning a private jet isn't bad if you can afford it and can also afford to maintain it.
Members who give tithe and offering do so willingly and some of these churches make provision for hospitality and welfare of the less privileged.
If i have 3000 churches around the world and i need to visit them once in a while and also hold services in my local church, there's nothing wrong with having a private jet. Provided i can afford it.

Jesus could afford the best chariot as he could simple get money from the belly of the fish but he chose to ride a donkey in a triumphant entry to the temple.

Please say something else...we still have commercial jets that fly everyday.
Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by AleXis0r(m): 2:33pm On Dec 18, 2016
TWO THINGS:
1. IF YOU ARE AN ATHEIST, JUST SHUT THE F UP! I DON'T THINK YOU ARE FIT TO SUGGEST WHETHER A PASTOR NEEDS ANYTHING AT ALL. YOU DON'T EVEN BELIEVE HIS COURSE IN THE FIRST PLACE. SO YOUR OPINION IS NOT NEEDED.
2. IF YOU ARE A BELIEVER AND YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH YOUR PASTOR/CHURCH POSSESING ANYTHING AT ALL, IT'S NOT A HARD TASK. NOBODY IS HOLDING YOU DOWN. YOU CAN EITHER DECIDE TO STOP PAYING TITHES, OFFERINGS AND SEEDS. OR YOU CAN JUST GERROUT OF THE CHURCH AND GET A PLACE WHERE THE PASTOR RIDES A BICYCLE. IT'S THAT EASY!

2 Likes

Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by Elxandre(m): 2:33pm On Dec 18, 2016
LaExpert:
Toks2008,

I believe your point and the essence of the thread is that no NIGERIAN pastor should own a jet for his own pleasure even when he has the money; the money should rather put into charity...or maybe lent out to members who may need it for rent.

I share your opinion to some extent. Owning jets may be unnecessary for a pastor.

However, I want to hear your opinion on these issues:

1. What should be the reaction of a pastor if he receives a gift of a jet from his congregation, or from a member of his congregation?

2. What do you think about a church, owning a jet for the convenience of the Pastor and other people in authority of the church?

3. What's your opinion about a foreign preacher or pastor who owns a jet?
I still think A pastor should sell off a Private Jet gift.
Catching flights is not as inconvenient as you think. Ask Warren Buffet.

America is not a third world country, so I don't care much about them having Jets.
Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by Toks2008(m): 2:33pm On Dec 18, 2016
CecyAdrian:

Hehehhehehehehehe, una weldon ooooo, so pastors flying commercial line now signal poverty ! May the Lord have mercy on us all.

When Jesus had that triumphant entry into Jerusalem, he BORROWED!!! It's not like he can not ask all the rich men who come to him for wise counsel to get it for him, ofcos they would have gladly done so, but Christ BORROWED the only flamboyant thing he used in the bible. Make una wise up small na

Don't mind the follow follow members.
Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by Elxandre(m): 2:35pm On Dec 18, 2016
martineverest:
i cant remember a european pastor/or man of God with private jet;despite their poverty rate is very low
TD Jakes, Munroe. Americans though.
Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by firstking01(m): 2:36pm On Dec 18, 2016
sucess001:

Is there an ordinary man' in ur Bible?

Or u didn't read where Jesus said if u do anyting to these 'ordinary men', u do it to him also?

God save u from clergy worship
Smh, you lack spiritual understanding...immediately you have the tag of God on your head you are not a natural man, unless except you are ignorant of that grace in you.
Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by Zenlife: 2:36pm On Dec 18, 2016
How many donkeys did Jesus Christ own?
How many donkeys did each of Jesus disciples own?
If Jesus Christ live today will he own a jet?

The true unbiased responses will answer these questions I have here.

If being a Christian is to live in a Christ-like manner, I personally don't see His traits in pastors, especially the GO of many churches.

If anything, I see wolves in sheep clothing.
I see misguided, brainwashed members unfortunately.

Pastors deserve not a meal when some church members are hungry for whatever reason.
Let alone own a jet.

Commercial flights are always available.
Plan schedules according to availability of flights.

God wouldn't penalize the pastor who plans his itinerary and misses a flight to attend a show due to the airlines fault.

Pastors should be more sensitive, more selfless, more humane.

What shall it profit a pastor who owns jets, gains the whole world, and lose his soul?

It's easier for the camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for the rich to enter the kingdom of God.

They conveniently abandon God's response to zacheus.

As they don't practice what they ought to teach like Jesus Christ did, it suffice to say, they're unbelivers. Mere chalatans disguised as agents of Jesus Christ.

By their ways of life, ye know them.

They aren't God fearing.
They aren't holy men.
They're gods of men.

Once again, Jesus Christ never owned a donkey or a horse (which is faster).
Neither did His disciples.

I blame the members who condone and accept it.

2 Likes

Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by Toks2008(m): 2:36pm On Dec 18, 2016
Elxandre:

America is not a third world country, so I don't care much about them having Jets.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Where Was Paul/saul When Jesus Was Alive / Oyedepo's Slap Suit Goes To Appeal Court / Is There Anything Like Generational Curse?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.