Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? (21686 Views)

Chris Okafor Acquires A Private Jet (Photos) / Pastor Adeboye’s $65m Private Jet Parked In Oyedepo’s Hangar In Lagos (Photo) / Why David Ibiyeomie Deserves More Than A Private Jet (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by An2elect2(f): 1:56pm On Dec 11, 2016
vizkiz:
Poverty mentality.

So it is okay for a millionaire, politician and a musician to have private jets but a pastor is subjected to suffering right?

Serving God doesn't mean you shouldn't enjoy things because the earth is the lord's and the fullness therein

Before most of you (seun inclusive) come to nairaland to type junk maybe you should just take a minute and go through the Bible then read with your IQ (if you have any) not just rush to prove a void point
You know nothing grin

7 Likes

Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by firstking01(m): 2:45pm On Dec 11, 2016
Toks2008:

You are getting it all twisted.

What is my business if a pastors Controll billions?

My point is that no Nigerian pastor has any justifiable reason to buy a private jet when there are countless members in one genuine need or the other.

The bible says "the poor we will always have among us" Mathew 26:11
but the fact remains that most churches have non functioning welfare department...pure charade.

If we refuse to voice out then things will get worse...look at the molly wood veteran that just had his leg amputated...are you saying that none of the churches are aware of his plight?

please bro let's condemn what needs to and stop acting as if all is well...95% of Nigerian pastors are con men parading as men of GOD...shrewd business men on the pulpit.
Smh, i give up on you.
Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by Toks2008(m): 6:49pm On Dec 11, 2016
firstking01:
Smh, i give up on you.
Please do cos you know I'm making sense.

5 Likes

Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by firstking01(m): 7:14pm On Dec 11, 2016
Toks2008:

Please do cos you know I'm making sense.
If you were making i would 've just viewed the thread and pass...since your ego won't allow you take simple correction, i say Adios...
Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by Tolexander: 8:06pm On Dec 11, 2016
[s]
vizkiz:

It is funny how you guys always blame the pastor for their "poor congregation" even in a country without Christianity there are poor people around so what exactly is your point?
Well a church provides for the poor (at least those I attended in the) so I don't know where these "poor congratulation" you are talking about are from?

Stop thinking backward boy, use your brain (seems you have 0.01% of it functioning. People who serve God never lack if you are a child of God you will dine with the kings of the world. Don't be misguided and gullible
[/s]the pastor should not be blamed for his poor congregation, but the pastor is becoming rich by raiding the poor congregation?
Can you see you have none of your cerebral part of the brain functioning and still abusing someone having 0.01% of his, functioning!

Well, not really your fault. Kudos to the Senate, stopping the data hike proposed and announced by the telecom providers. If not, the cyber space would be celebrating getting rid of church rats like this gullible thing, even with his abundant richness of stupidity!

15 Likes

Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by Toks2008(m): 8:17pm On Dec 11, 2016
firstking01:
If you were making i would 've just viewed the thread and pass...since your ego won't allow you take simple correction, i say Adios...

Which one is ego?

This is an open discussion but you chose to be sentimental.

2 Likes

Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by vizkiz: 8:26pm On Dec 11, 2016
Tolexander:
[s][/s]the pastor should not be blamed for his poor congregation, but the pastor is becoming rich by raiding the poor congregation?
Can you see you have none of your cerebral part of the brain functioning and still abusing someone having 0.01% of his, functioning!

Well, not really your fault. Kudos to the Senate, stopping the data hike proposed and announced by the telecom providers. If not, the cyber space would be celebrating getting rid of church rats like this gullible thing, even with his abundant richness of stupidity!

I can buy you data that will last you a year...I am currently enjoying the riches of God. You should stop thinking like a poor man you are. If you open your eyes to Christ's riches maybe Just maybe you will be able to enjoy wealth.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by Topgainer: 9:44pm On Dec 11, 2016
Toks2008:
This is an open discussion
Tolexander:
[s][/s]the pastor should not be blamed for his poor congregation, but the pastor is becoming rich by raiding the poor congregation?
A friend of a Nigerian Bishop, Bishop Myles Monroe was plucked out of the Sky. Like his Nigerian friend he has multiples of business jets and prides in teaching people what they term Kingdom principles that encourages extortion of the poor who are promised better life in exchange.
The first Nigeria Bishop that adopted that kind of teaching that ensured he became so rich at the expense of the poor and contrary to the Apostolic culture (Acts 4: 34-37). I can't remember his name but he was the first to buy a private jet and died on a wheel Chair few days after addressing these issues and his regrets. One of the thing he said is that it was very wrong for him to lead such a luxurious and lavish life through carefully contrived messages aimed at extorting his followers.
The second person to own private jet (said to be a gift from an American pastor anyways) is ArchBishop Idahosa. He was also a pioneer of this bring money seed to man of god the Levite (a gentile levite who own businesses, lands and estates as against the Jewish levite) for you to be rich. His was not as much as the present day men of god. He died while he was planning to jet out of the country for Evangelism, the battle for leadership sent away his top men culminating in Madam crowning herself Archbishop of Church of God Mission to retain the remnants of the Mission that Bishop Idahosa worked hard to build. She should be the first female Archbishop in the history of Christianity.

God can't be mocked. I hear some of them wickedly saying that those members who can't afford the fees of the University should go to Government owned schools at the same time these members are coerced to continue bringing all manner of seeds to the man of god.

American gospel and version of Christianity is Satanic, the more sincere traditional European Christianity had to be modified by the greedy and business minded Americans to give this Satanic system some people say it is Illuminati I don't know about that.
vizkiz:

..I am currently enjoying the riches
Delusion is a disease it is deadlier when one is in constant touch with a man of god who is the source of the upturned Bible passages that drives the delusion. Bible says you work and the God will bless the righteous works of your hands, your man of god says you dash him seed as you have never given before and watch him prophesy miracle finances to you

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by firstking01(m): 9:46pm On Dec 11, 2016
Toks2008:

Which one is ego?

This is an open discussion but you chose to be sentimental.
You like confusing and contradicting yourself i don't know why

1 Like

Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by vizkiz: 10:07pm On Dec 11, 2016
Topgainer:

Delusion is a disease it is deadlier when one is in constant touch with a man of god who is the source of the upturned Bible passages that drives the delusion. Bible says you work and the God will bless the righteous works of your hands your man of god says you dash him seed as you have never given before and watch him prophesy miracle finances to you

Read my precious commenta again... This time read it slowly maybe you will understand.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by vizkiz: 8:57am On Dec 12, 2016
Tolexander:
see this kid telling me he can get me data lasting for a whole year.
Well, I agree! Only if my monthly data usage does not exceed 1kb!
At least you should be able to afford buying 12kb data.
When I saw the font size, color and italics the buffoon uses for posting, I concluded he probably has an aim to carve a niche for himself on Nairaland.
Then I searched for the last edition of Mr Nairaland contest, alas I was right seeing the kid hustling his life so hard for the contest as if his entire life depends on the 50,000 Naira Seun was dishing out to the winner.
The church rat is now here evangelising the christ riches in absolute poverty he is!

[b]You know you failed in this conversation so you result to cheap insult grin

I don't usually do this because I hate bragging but boy I can own you, Feed you three times in a day for one year straight up. cheesy
Mr nairaland was for fun nothing special about it hell I didn't even put enough efforts into it Cuz i'v gat real life outside nairaland.

Nigga you are not even worth half of what I am worth and the ground I step on, you adore and worship in real life wink

Without even leaving my sitting room I just gathered enough money to raise you out of poverty. Others are screenshots of my account balance from Gtb and UBA all within first week of December alone

You are no where in any league beside me. You can't even own half of what I own and I am not 28 yet. Dude we are not in the same clique

I am still gonna say it. The Lord gives power to get wealth and many of us are tapping into that annoiting. If you like stay there with your cheap android phone and your glo 2.5k data for 10gb to type shìt about people far above you cheesy
[/b]

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by Nobody: 9:34am On Dec 12, 2016
vizkiz:

[b]You know you failed in his conversation so you result to cheap insult grin

I don't usually do this because I hate bragging but boy I can own you, Feed you three times in a day for one year straight up. cheesy
Mr nairaland was for fun nothing special about it hell I didn't even put enough efforts into it Cuz i'v gat real life outside nairaland.

Nigga you are not even worth half of what I am worth and the ground I step on, you adore and worship in real life wink

Without even leaving my sitting room I just gathered enough money to raise you out of poverty. Others are screenshots of my account balance from Gtb and UBA all within first week of December alone

You are no where in any league beside me. You can't even own half of what I own and I am not 28 yet. Dude we are not in the same clique

I am still gonna say it. The Lord gives power to get wealth and many of us are tapping into that annoiting. If you like stay there with your cheap android phone with your glo 2.5k data for 10gb to type shìt about people far above you cheesy
[/b]

cheesy
Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by Mimzyy(f): 9:37am On Dec 12, 2016
Vizkiz, that's unnecessary. It's ok already pls.
Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by vizkiz: 10:07am On Dec 12, 2016
Mimzyy:
Vizkiz, that's unnecessary. It's ok already pls.

Alright sad

ellacute45:

cheesy

lol... You like fight Ella grin
Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by Mimzyy(f): 10:41am On Dec 12, 2016
Thanks.
vizkiz:

Alright sad

lol... You like fight Ella grin
Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by Nobody: 12:36pm On Dec 12, 2016
Toks2008:
The issue of money and how its being spent in the body of christ can not just be treated with a kid glove, i have seen numerous xtians who have left the faith cos of money issue. Believe me God is interested in how the church handles the issue of money.

I cant just wrap my brain around the fact that despite the presence of many Jobless youths in the church and members who lack basic needs of life that a pastor will dim it fit to acquire a private jet that cost millions of dollars not forgetting the millions of naira involved in servicing the jet and paying for the parking space.I have come to conclude that pastors who own private jets in Nigeria are materialistic,worldly,callous and highly insensitive to the plights of the members and a total embarrassment to the Christendom.

IF I WERE GOD, NO NIGERIAN PASTOR WHO PURCHASED A JET WILL MAKE IT TO HEAVEN because the primary duty of the church is to fend for the members spiritually and physically with the resources of the church but today we see little or nothing being done to help the church members in need yet many Pastors living large at the expense of the church members which has turned many churches to Business centers rather than worship centers.

Well maybe i am just ignorant about the subject matter...but this trend of private jet being owned by men of God is worth debating as its a source of concern in the Christian fold,so lets hear your views, in a very civilized manner..Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet and where do they get the money to buy it?

Do anyone on earth need a private jet?

If yes

Why?

If no

Why?

You will get your answer in your answer if your are sincere.
Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by peacesamuel94(m): 3:27pm On Dec 12, 2016
Toks2008:
The issue of money and how its being spent in the body of christ can not just be treated with a kid glove, i have seen numerous xtians who have left the faith cos of money issue. Believe me God is interested in how the church handles the issue of money.

I cant just wrap my brain around the fact that despite the presence of many Jobless youths in the church and members who lack basic needs of life that a pastor will dim it fit to acquire a private jet that cost millions of dollars not forgetting the millions of naira involved in servicing the jet and paying for the parking space.I have come to conclude that pastors who own private jets in Nigeria are materialistic,worldly,callous and highly insensitive to the plights of the members and a total embarrassment to the Christendom.

IF I WERE GOD, NO NIGERIAN PASTOR WHO PURCHASED A JET WILL MAKE IT TO HEAVEN because the primary duty of the church is to fend for the members spiritually and physically with the resources of the church but today we see little or nothing being done to help the church members in need yet many Pastors living large at the expense of the church members which has turned many churches to Business centers rather than worship centers.

Well maybe i am just ignorant about the subject matter...but this trend of private jet being owned by men of God is worth debating as its a source of concern in the Christian fold,so lets hear your views, in a very civilized manner..Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet and where do they get the money to buy it?

If you happen to be rich enough to acquire one, would you?
Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by Toks2008(m): 9:47pm On Dec 12, 2016
peacesamuel94:

If you happen to be rich enough to acquire one, would you?

I certainly will but not when I'm a pastor....if you know what it takes to maintain a jet,you will understand how dumb it is for a general overseer to have one expecially in a country like ours when 70% of church members live below average.

1 Like

Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by Seun(m): 10:09pm On Dec 12, 2016
For someone like Pastor Adeboye or Bishop Oyedepo, yes. Anyone who runs a huge multinational business empire needs a private jet. It's better for security, less stressful, and less time consuming. The time and security of the CEO of a multinational corporation is worth the cost.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by Acidosis(m): 10:13pm On Dec 12, 2016
Does the OP really needs a smartphone and a computer?

Why can't you subscribe to Abacus counting machine and make use of Newspaper stands if you must read the news?

2 Likes

Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by yorhmienerd(m): 10:14pm On Dec 12, 2016
Seun:
For someone like Pastor Adeboye or Bishop Oyedepo, yes. Anyone who runs a huge multinational business empire needs a private jet. It's better for security, less stressful, and less time consuming. The time and security of the CEO of a multinational corporation is worth the cost.
I have nothing more to say than: Seun BEWARE; they are men of authority and power. The fact that you don't believe in them or their God does not give you the liberty to MOCK them. BEWARE!!!
Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by Seun(m): 10:33pm On Dec 12, 2016
yorhmienerd:
I have nothing more to say than: Seun BEWARE; they are men of authority and power. The fact that you don't believe in them or their God does not give you the liberty to MOCK them. BEWARE!!!
You don't think providing people with spiritual services (music, moral instruction) in exchange for 10% or more of their income is a business?

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by yorhmienerd(m): 10:49pm On Dec 12, 2016
Seun:

You don't think providing people with spiritual services (music, moral instruction) in exchange for 10% or more of their income is a business?
SMH, SMH and SMH... It's never business. Just that you'll never reason. Mind you, this 'business men' are old enough to some extent to have grown up kids, going around to mock them is utter disrespect, I hope you know that?
Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by Seun(m): 11:11pm On Dec 12, 2016
yorhmienerd:
SMH, SMH and SMH... It's never business.
Really? What about private universities and media publishing? Are these not businesses? Don't the pastors in question own such businesses?

Mind you, this 'business men' are old enough to some extent to have grown up kids, going around to mock them is utter disrespect, I hope you know that?
I'm not mocking anyone. Why do you keep saying this?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by Toks2008(m): 11:17pm On Dec 12, 2016
yorhmienerd:
SMH, SMH and SMH... It's never business. Just that you'll never reason. Mind you, this 'business men' are old enough to some extent to have grown up kids, going around to mock them is utter disrespect, I hope you know that?

My guy please just negodu...

I am a heaven bound holy spirit filled tongue blasting believer in Christ and I can tell you that 99% of present day churches are pure business centers.

9 Likes

Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by yorhmienerd(m): 11:20pm On Dec 12, 2016
Seun:

Really? What about private universities and media publishing? Are these not businesses? Don't the pastors in question own such businesses?
The quality of service rendered in those 'businesses' are far more better than government owned ones, there's nothing wrong in that.

I'm not mocking anyone. Why do you keep saying this?
The fact that you mentioned names makes it mockery
Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by Toks2008(m): 11:22pm On Dec 12, 2016
yorhmienerd:

Who gave them power and authority?

They are same with us...as a believer we have same signs following us but by virtue of their office they don't need a private jet EXPECIALLY IN NIGERIA where most members are in desperate need of one financial succor or the other.

I have had my experience with redeem in 1998 and Christ embassy in 2001 and I can say without any apology that most churches do not care about the members.

Where did the likes oc daddy G.O and Bishop oyedepo get the money for the Jets?

It's time we say things as they are.

1 Like

Re: Does A Nigerian Pastor Truly Need A Private Jet? by yorhmienerd(m): 11:25pm On Dec 12, 2016
Toks2008:

My guy please just negodu...

I am a heaven bound holy spirit filled tongue blasting believer in Christ and I can tell you that 99% of present day churches are pure business centers.
Why don't you leave that to God?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Where And How Can I Summon This Spirit? / How I Escaped Hell- Sister Linda’s Testimony / 10 Categories Of People That Run From Church To Another For Miracles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.