Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

Is There Any Business Btw 2m – 3m, In Naija That Can Be Monitored From Abroad? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is There Any Business Btw 2m – 3m, In Naija That Can Be Monitored From Abroad? (10625 Views)

Dead Man Withdraws N4.3M From Union Bank In Kaduna: Mysterious / How To Ship Products You Buy Online To Nigeria From Abroad / How Can I Open A Zenith Bank Account From Abroad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There Any Business Btw 2m – 3m, In Naija That Can Be Monitored From Abroad? by Nobody: 11:50am On Nov 25, 2009
@ poster.
I will advise you that nigeria market is saturated with different kind of business already.I hv a friend who was also in ur shoes some months ago.He was thinking of stuffs to bring in.The advice i gave him was to go to Mowe and invest in land properties.My dear u will never in ur life regret going into ds business.You dont need any family or friends to monitor for you let alone someone cheating you.
Just go to interior Mowe and buy like a hectare with that amount and in like 5yrs from now,ican bet you are going to be counting ur millionssssssssssss in folds.
Dont get urself invoved in any buying and selling.Also withdraw ur money from bank cos the rate at which banking industry is going now,dont allow any thing stupid to happen to ur money.Also whn u keep money in bank ,u are indirecting giving the bank ur benefit since the stipent they call interest amounts to nothing while they trade with ur own money and make millions from it.
This is just my opinion.
Adios Amigo.
Re: Is There Any Business Btw 2m – 3m, In Naija That Can Be Monitored From Abroad? by OAM4J: 11:54am On Nov 25, 2009
nikkykay:

@ poster.
I will advise you that nigeria market is saturated with different kind of business already.I hv a friend who was also in your shoes some months ago.He was thinking of stuffs to bring in.The advice i gave him was to go to Mowe and invest in land properties.My dear u will never in your life regret going into ds business.You dont need any family or friends to monitor for you let alone someone cheating you.
Just go to interior Mowe and buy like a hectare with that amount and in like 5yrs from now,ican bet you are going to be counting your millionssssssssssss in folds.
Dont get urself invoved in any buying and selling.Also withdraw your money from bank cos the rate at which banking industry is going now,dont allow any thing stupid to happen to your money.Also whn u keep money in bank ,u are indirecting giving the bank your benefit since the stipent they call interest amounts to nothing while they trade with your own money and make millions from it.
This is just my opinion.
Adios Amigo.

Thanks. You did not factor in the omo oniles. They made me sell my land in Okota when their wahala became too much.
Re: Is There Any Business Btw 2m – 3m, In Naija That Can Be Monitored From Abroad? by Libido(m): 12:40pm On Nov 25, 2009
win some,lose some ?
Re: Is There Any Business Btw 2m – 3m, In Naija That Can Be Monitored From Abroad? by luckyme9(f): 12:54pm On Nov 25, 2009
So far, I'll go with the property idea, you can't go wrong with owning some landed properties in Naija.
I dont know if you read about Lawyer's posting on the Okun Aja/Mopo area.
It might sound like it's not a business because it's not generating daily or monthly income, but if you do
things right from the beginingl, you can count on the returns when you are fully ready to run the business yourself
I mean if you plan to eventualy retire to Naija some day.

I'm telling you this because this is what I'm doing right now. Any where I hear about cheap land that I can afford I just buy, get all the legal documents. make sure they are intact. Even when there is no money to build yet, I have my people go there get some kind of activities going on. When i'm ready to retire home, I'll sell what seem out of my way to raise money to do my choice business.

the american spare parts sounds good too, because the last time I was home, ny mechanic warned me not to bring my american car that I was planning on bringing because of spare parts, but you have to have somebody in naija to run that.

Well, what ever you find pls share with us as some of us might be interested.
And I pray God will direct your decision.
Cheers
Re: Is There Any Business Btw 2m – 3m, In Naija That Can Be Monitored From Abroad? by beejaay: 1:15pm On Nov 25, 2009
you realy have a bit of good fortune with you. i trade forex and if you are realy ready to get involve either u wanna trade yourself or u want account management. you are welcome if you wanna be welcome. a very good money back guarantee and profitability up to abput 20% a month. you can holla me on 07038643909 or through my mail rabiusanusi01@yahoo.com
Re: Is There Any Business Btw 2m – 3m, In Naija That Can Be Monitored From Abroad? by mymy: 1:37pm On Nov 25, 2009
i hv a clue 4 u.its an investment that is so mouth watering.i work in an international school in gra ikeja.we are sellng bond and its a private placement.invest a minimum of 1mllion and maximum of 10million naira and get a 20%interest on ur total investment annually.for further enquiry call d founder of d school on 08028923499, or log onto our website ctc.acadaonline.com, try to log on by 2morrow, d offer wl closing in two wks tyme.
Re: Is There Any Business Btw 2m – 3m, In Naija That Can Be Monitored From Abroad? by blackcat1: 1:48pm On Nov 25, 2009
Does any body have an idea on how to buy and sell stocks online?
@ OAM4J hope you don't mind my posting this question here, also have funds that need investing.
Re: Is There Any Business Btw 2m – 3m, In Naija That Can Be Monitored From Abroad? by DaddyO(m): 2:58pm On Nov 25, 2009
I used to be so keen on Nigeria as a viable destination for investment capital. I promoted the NSE to friends and colleagues alike, even making a pitch to the investment bank where I work. I invested in land somewhere in Lekki, engaging a "reputable" lawyer introduced to me by a friend.  The rest they say is history. The two plots of land I acquired have been the subject of omo onile dispute for the past two years. I've written off my N5 million investment as bad debt. The stock market is no exception. Lack of disclosure and greed has resulted in the implosion of the NSE while other stock markets are rebounding.

I can't think of a single investment in Nigeria that has worked for me following tens of millions I invested there over the past 5 years. 

I find it's impossible to trust Nigerians, particularly those residing in Nigeria. Everyone is desperate to be paid for work they hardly do, or do very badly. Most irritatingly, they often act as though they're doing you a favour! They could reap you off and then blame you for one thing or the other!

I vowed never to invest a cent in Nigeria again, unless it's money I make in Nigeria.

Sorry for the negative, but just thought I'd warn you, as Nigeria, has to be one of the most risky destinations for capital on earth (Unless you have major goverment or executive contacts)
Re: Is There Any Business Btw 2m – 3m, In Naija That Can Be Monitored From Abroad? by romero(m): 4:57pm On Nov 25, 2009
go into real estate sir.

you will not regret it.
Re: Is There Any Business Btw 2m – 3m, In Naija That Can Be Monitored From Abroad? by banku: 5:29pm On Nov 25, 2009
I think Leki is almost saturated and too many fights amongst omo-onile.

Are there Government lands in Aja and Epe corridor that one can surely build on or fence for future use? It seems Lagos State Govt cannot be trusted either.
Re: Is There Any Business Btw 2m – 3m, In Naija That Can Be Monitored From Abroad? by agabaI23(m): 5:37pm On Nov 25, 2009
Poster,

It may be in your best interest to disregard any person who does not want to make his suggestion open here on NL.

BE VERY CAREFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Is There Any Business Btw 2m – 3m, In Naija That Can Be Monitored From Abroad? by OAM4J: 5:58pm On Nov 25, 2009
DaddyO:

I used to be so keen on Nigeria as a viable destination for investment capital. I promoted the NSE to friends and colleagues alike, even making a pitch to the investment bank where I work. I invested in land somewhere in Lekki, engaging a "reputable" lawyer introduced to me by a friend. The rest they say is history. The two plots of land I acquired have been the subject of omo onile dispute for the past two years. I've written off my N5 million investment as bad debt. The stock market is no exception. Lack of disclosure and greed has resulted in the implosion of the NSE while other stock markets are rebounding.

I can't think of a single investment in Nigeria that has worked for me following tens of millions I invested there over the past 5 years.

I find it's impossible to trust Nigerians, particularly those residing in Nigeria. Everyone is desperate to be paid for work they hardly do, or do very badly. Most irritatingly, they often act as though they're doing you a favour! They could reap you off and then blame you for one thing or the other!

I vowed never to invest a cent in Nigeria again, unless it's money I make in Nigeria.

Sorry for the negative, but just thought I'd warn you, as Nigeria, has to be one of the most risky destinations for capital on earth (Unless you have major goverment or executive contacts)

Brother, I understand every thing you said. It is such a shame. How can we continue like this? looks like we have been investing in same portfolio in naija. land with omo oniles problem, I don’t want to even mention stocks, set up a bizness that was mess up by a relation. Just too bad! How can a nation develop like this? Sometimes the faults is not just in our leaders, I know so many of my friends who would have love to invest here in Nigeria, but for lack of honest men. Everyone of them is saying same thing; don’t want to trust anyone and want to be able to monitor it. And justices here is also zero in case things go wrong, that is why I don’t believe just signing agreement with a lawyer is enough.

But it’s bad and sad. We are our own biggest problem!!!
Re: Is There Any Business Btw 2m – 3m, In Naija That Can Be Monitored From Abroad? by OAM4J: 6:00pm On Nov 25, 2009
blackcat1:

Does any body have an idea on how to buy and sell stocks online?
@ OAM4J hope you don't mind my posting this question here, also have funds that need investing.

You are welcome o. cool
Re: Is There Any Business Btw 2m – 3m, In Naija That Can Be Monitored From Abroad? by Tospej: 6:53pm On Nov 25, 2009
I think you have received enough info about where to invest your money.

I only want add that: the best investment you can monitor abroad is EXPORT. You will be able to know how much goods is sent and paid for. You will averagely know too how much the item cost at home since its a free market. If you can look for buyers for some Nigerian Industrial goods (Charcoal, Cassava, Snail, Cocoa, Kola nut, Bitter Kola, Honey etc) in the country of your abode will do you a lots of good.

If you can not, buy some land as suggested, but who will handle the purchase, will you be able to monitor that?. The truth is that, there is no way you can monitor any business when you are not present. There is no software that will tell you the transport fare fro Mushin to Oshodi on line.

It is not true that TRUST is dead, it is only true that TRUST is scarce alive.

I have some Land that belong to an Apostolic Church in Ebute Metta at MOWE, off Lagos Ibadan Exps Way. This will give you some rest of mind and free from Land owner stuff. Send anybody to represent you here and visit the church Lawyer.

write tospej@yahoo.com or call 01-7390760
Re: Is There Any Business Btw 2m – 3m, In Naija That Can Be Monitored From Abroad? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Nov 25, 2009
hey guys ,its just unfortunate that doing business in nigeria this days are big big risk from the stories we in abroad are hearing because you cant trust nobody even your own mother can dupe you lol hahahahaha''its serious'',thats what i heard from a friend,so i seriously need your advice/ideas/suggestions/eye opening etc because i want to seriously do business in nigeria/africa etc but am just too scared in going into it even though i have alot of senior bros and sis in naija but fear fear no let me oooooooooooo,please its urgent ,thanks guys
Re: Is There Any Business Btw 2m – 3m, In Naija That Can Be Monitored From Abroad? by OAM4J: 8:39pm On Nov 25, 2009
^^^welcome to the club!!! wink cheesy
Re: Is There Any Business Btw 2m – 3m, In Naija That Can Be Monitored From Abroad? by alanbolo(m): 8:48pm On Nov 25, 2009
OAM4J, I believed a word is enough 4 d wise.   We're all been in ur shoe one time or the other.    I deal with cars and trucks but the last trip to 9ja this Nov. showed me pepper when sales are not forthcoming and have 2 containers at the port with demurhages.  

Only buy cars when it's requested for and if u want to venture into car/trucks, just deal with commercials only, however, if u're not sure that u can fly in anytime to pop on your-yet-to-chose agent/rep, then don't do it.  

the 10 % returned on fixed deposits is far better than CD over here in d States. Trading in 9ja stocks have really depleted me as well over Mils but the one over here is not doing good either.  If u can't buy land tru any reputable institutions like banks, I will stay clear.   Your idea of a house is better than land IMO.   I still believed the African market has a better ROI than most part of the world.    I believed the share bonus and dividends will bounce my confidence in shares back, and pave the way for more future investments.  

Nigeria will not spoil.
Re: Is There Any Business Btw 2m – 3m, In Naija That Can Be Monitored From Abroad? by OAM4J: 8:52pm On Nov 25, 2009
^^^ thanks man. I like your faith.
Re: Is There Any Business Btw 2m – 3m, In Naija That Can Be Monitored From Abroad? by yommyuk: 10:49pm On Nov 25, 2009
One thing that I have found out about nigeria is that it is not a market whereby u can sit on your arse abroad and expect people to do the work for u. The only viable investment that will allow such operation is Real Estate (that is if there is no omo onile palavar). A better venture is commercial property like building shops and renting them out. It is easier to monitor and control payment than residental properties. If your tentant does not pay you can make him/her sign an agreement from the onset that absence of monetary payment can be replaced by Stock or any asset in the shop.
Chasing payment is less risky. Again u have to know how to work the legal system cool

2 months b4 my payment is due, I monitor my shops and any tentant I notice that is experiencing a hard time.
I set the ball rolling fast. na so I dey do O. cool
Re: Is There Any Business Btw 2m – 3m, In Naija That Can Be Monitored From Abroad? by orlanmagic: 11:01pm On Nov 25, 2009
I think an investment in a commercial property is worthwhile, or you can start a small drycleaning company ( with other investors ) and LEARN, Business is more of processes, knowledge, trade secrets etc

I just think as you are abroad, you can find software or innovative solutions to let you track (video surveillance) for a start,

If you fall never give up, you will eventually learn
Re: Is There Any Business Btw 2m – 3m, In Naija That Can Be Monitored From Abroad? by FayeZik(f): 11:13pm On Nov 25, 2009
@ poster

So far, ur best bet is to put ur money where ur eyes are or vice versa.lol. On a serious note, I think the best idea is to either leave it where it's at right now, or invest in the 'shops for rent' business. Just so u know, u're not alone in this predicament. May God help us in this 9ja o. Good luck.
Re: Is There Any Business Btw 2m – 3m, In Naija That Can Be Monitored From Abroad? by Uche2nna(m): 11:38pm On Nov 25, 2009
LOL

Ol boy, if U no wan crase in 6 months time, I suggest U shelve that idea of having a business in Naija that U can moniter from abroad. Its simple: U wont be able to monitor NADA!!!! Once U are not there, forget it!!!!
I have tried it and got the raw end of it. And this is a business venture that I have been involved in since my secondary school dayz   and becuase of that I thot it wont go wrong  grin All I tried doing was set up a blue print that will make the line of business 10 times bigger than what it used to be. I drew up the papers, set up the appropriate contacts and advanced the start off capital. All they had to do back home is to go to a specified agent, collect and distribute. Ol, boy come see story!!!!  grin grin grin It got to some point whereby I seemed to be begging as if they  were doing me a favor  grin My dad had to intervene, with fire and brimstone ( grin) before they bulged.

My 2 cent is for U to invest in property,  land is always a good option. Someone mentioned Shops to rent,  thats another really good option. I can attest to that,  no wahala, no stories and the occupiers pay rent. However, again U have to keep your fingers crossed that whoever is in charge of getting the shop for U is not ripping U off by selling u a shop worth 1 mill for 2 mill

If everything fails, go keep ur money for bank LOL
Re: Is There Any Business Btw 2m – 3m, In Naija That Can Be Monitored From Abroad? by Nobody: 1:00am On Nov 26, 2009
guys do you think people in nigeria/africa can send you money in abroad to buy stuff or whatever they want from abroad to them ? is that a possible means or ways to dodge from your money missing and stories upon stories when you invest your own money in the business rather, is it better for the people in nigeria to send we in abroad money first ,then we buy and send their things to them? cuz for me thats the best ways of doing business in nigeria or with nigerians right now
Re: Is There Any Business Btw 2m – 3m, In Naija That Can Be Monitored From Abroad? by ladijaiye(m): 10:31am On Nov 26, 2009
cool My dear brother the only biz to run in Naija from wherever you are is to buy/build (Flat/Bungalow)a property and find a tenant to rent it and get pay annually, You dont even need agent to manage it. Any other biz advise you to do will give u heartache and loss of your sweat money, am in the same position like dats why am talking to you frankly, Any other biz you want to without your full presence is a waste, because eventhough you are there, you still need to shine your eyes smiley kiss
Re: Is There Any Business Btw 2m – 3m, In Naija That Can Be Monitored From Abroad? by yomite112: 12:25pm On Nov 26, 2009
@aasog

Hello pls send me a Pm thru my email so i can have yur email. Need your assistance. Thank you in advance.
Re: Is There Any Business Btw 2m – 3m, In Naija That Can Be Monitored From Abroad? by thameamead(f): 1:36pm On Nov 26, 2009
invest it in Tullow oil, its registered in the uk. they 've got their fingers in up and coming countries with massive oil fields like uganga and ghana etc. it takes a while to get anything because its a long term investment but when ur time comes, u will be laughing all the way to the bank, 've invested with them. try contacting them direct, do not go thr a third party,

u could invest in real estate in ghana as well, its a propety hot spot because of the oil discovery and due to the ASUU strike, most rich nigerians are sending their children to ghanian universities, land is 2 for a penny in ghana at the moment,

all the best
Re: Is There Any Business Btw 2m – 3m, In Naija That Can Be Monitored From Abroad? by stede(m): 6:40pm On Nov 26, 2009
@ poster , abeg don't be in an haste so you dont become the real maga
Re: Is There Any Business Btw 2m – 3m, In Naija That Can Be Monitored From Abroad? by hambehsam(m): 10:41pm On Nov 26, 2009
There is no way you can monitor any business successfully from abroad. The best strategy is to invest your money, in a money market instrument like treasury bills or fix deposit or put it in bonds so that you will be sure to get your money back whenever, the need arise. Thanks and best of luck.
Re: Is There Any Business Btw 2m – 3m, In Naija That Can Be Monitored From Abroad? by Nobody: 10:47pm On Nov 26, 2009
hey guys ,its just unfortunate that doing business in nigeria this days are big big risk from the stories we in abroad are hearing because you cant trust nobody even your own mother can dupe you lol hahahahaha''its serious'',thats what i heard from a friend,so i seriously need your advice/ideas/suggestions/eye opening etc because i want to seriously do business in nigeria/africa etc but am just too scared in going into it even though i have alot of senior bros and sis in naija but fear fear no let me oooooooooooo,please its urgent ,thanks guys
Re: Is There Any Business Btw 2m – 3m, In Naija That Can Be Monitored From Abroad? by snowdrops(m): 11:04pm On Nov 26, 2009
thameamead:

invest it in Tullow oil, its registered in the uk. they 've got their fingers in up and coming countries with massive oil fields like uganga and ghana etc. it takes a while to get anything because its a long term investment but when your time comes, u will be laughing all the way to the bank, 've invested with them. try contacting them direct, do not go thr a third party,

u could invest in real estate in ghana as well, its a propety hot spot because of the oil discovery and due to the ASUU strike, most rich nigerians are sending their children to ghanian universities, land is 2 for a penny in ghana at the moment,

all the best
Re: Is There Any Business Btw 2m – 3m, In Naija That Can Be Monitored From Abroad? by OAM4J: 11:41pm On Nov 26, 2009
Thank you all 4 all d contributions!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Federal Government To Auction N100 Billion Bonds On March 27 / I Need Quotation For These Ginger & Garlic / We Took The Best Economic Decision- Emefiele

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.