Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,268 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:40 AM

Why I Think MMM Is Gone For Good - Investment (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Why I Think MMM Is Gone For Good (73959 Views)

Apparently MMM is back, Apparently MMM is about to Crash. / 8 Reasons Why MMM Is A Perfect Scam / Why I Think MMM Is Not A "Helping" Scheme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Think MMM Is Gone For Good by wizjid69: 10:14pm On Dec 16, 2016
MrEverest:
Your 1st & 2nd paragraph has no bearing on mmm because both the rich & poor are involved in mmm. Its their money & they have the right to spend it how they deem fit since they are adults, people can gamble, play bet, booze, do shopping spree etc. Your last paragraph has been taking care of by d admin

And whats the difference between betting and a ponzi get-rich-quick- scheme.
The need to make money without actally working for it.
The one thing the rich and poor have in common is plain greed.
We shall see in January.
Re: Why I Think MMM Is Gone For Good by resultcase(m): 10:17pm On Dec 16, 2016
GBASKY:

HELLO MR OTONDO AND THE HIS INTERESTED FOLLOWERS I JUST GOT PAID #290K YESTERDAY AS MY 30 DAYS FREEZING PERIOD ENDS I GOT MATCHED . ALL YOU ASSHOLES WILL BE SURPRISED WITH WHAT THIS BEST PLATFORM ON THE PLANET WILL COME UP WITH IN JANUARY. ALL YOU WHO HAVE JOINED OTHER COPYCAT FORUMS WILL SURE RUN BACK . JUST WAIT AND SEE . I HAVE BEEN MATCHED FOR ANOTHER 680K NOW .KEEP BLABBING

NOW I'M SCARED FOR YOU!!!

Did u use a time machine for that0
Re: Why I Think MMM Is Gone For Good by Rockyrascal(m): 10:35pm On Dec 16, 2016
Op some people shall have sleepless night today because of this your reasons cheesy
Re: Why I Think MMM Is Gone For Good by eddiebomba(m): 10:47pm On Dec 16, 2016
This is MMM .The Monkey Money Madness! (MMM)

Once upon a time in a village, a man appeared and announced that he would buy monkeys for N100 each. The villagers seeing that there were so many monkeys around, went out to the forest and started catching them.

The man bought thousands at N100 and as supply started to diminish, the villagers stopped their efforts. He further announced that he would now buy at N200. This renewed the efforts of the villagers and they started catching monkeys again. Soon the supply diminished and people started going back to their farms. The offer rate increased to N250 but the supply of monkeys became so little that it took much effort to even see a monkey, let alone catch one.

The man now announced that he would buy monkeys at N500! However, since he had to go to the city on some business, his assistant would now buy on his behalf.

In the absence of the man, his assistant told the villagers: ”Look at all these monkeys in the big cage that my OGA has bought from you, I will sell them to you at N350 and when my OGA returns from the city, you can sell it to him at N500”.

The villagers squeezed out all their HARD EARNED savings and bought all the monkeys. The most greedy ones among them even sold their lands to purchase many MONKEYS, hoping to make a huge profit without labor.

Then…

They never saw the man or his assistant. Only monkeys everywhere!

Welcome to MMM. The world of Monkeys!
Be wise

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Think MMM Is Gone For Good by JOXY(f): 10:55pm On Dec 16, 2016
MMM. - Moku, Mogbe, Modaran.

1 Like

Re: Why I Think MMM Is Gone For Good by stallion2: 10:59pm On Dec 16, 2016
keep your thinking to your sef no dey waste space
Re: Why I Think MMM Is Gone For Good by colossus2: 11:05pm On Dec 16, 2016
harmbhrosz:
you don't just jump into a discussion my friend.... It will only make you look stupid

We were having a discussion that warranted that question....

Oya swerve undecided
You sound frustrated.
Re: Why I Think MMM Is Gone For Good by colossus2: 11:09pm On Dec 16, 2016
harmbhrosz:

People didn't fell for MMM, they only took risk and risk is present in every fucking thing in life
Just see who corrected and mocked someone earlier.
Re: Why I Think MMM Is Gone For Good by Nobody: 11:10pm On Dec 16, 2016
What is your aim for posting this? What's your biz? You must be a sadist praying for the scheme to fail. For your info it will not. Many are determined to make it work.

So keep your views to yourself.

Taking panadol for another's headache.
Re: Why I Think MMM Is Gone For Good by gemale(m): 12:08am On Dec 17, 2016
FcMilan:
NEVA LIKED DS MMM frm day 1

but let's stop celebrating d failure all because ur friend asked u to join and u said nop

If we celebrate d failure of Mmm D's way den it goes deep to show how we hate ourselves

wen people were rejoicing abt MMM paying dem u didn't make it a top list gist

nw it has crashed ur making it a top gist jus to mk fun of dem

pls stories lik Dis if nt managed has SUICIDAL effect

let's reduce d MMM post fr Christ sake
Pple hv 2 learn d effects of lack of contentment & c dt dey hv 2 stop taking shortcuts. Always pay d full price 4 anytn in lyf. IMO I dnt pity any1 who lost money in dt venture because dey got wt dey deserved. D crash of mmm shld b celebrated by any1 of sound moral composition because it proves dt d best antidote against falling 4 scams is 2 b honest, contented & straightforward.

1 Like

Re: Why I Think MMM Is Gone For Good by BabaRamota1980: 2:22am On Dec 17, 2016
Stupedinluv:
I didnt register for the scheme but someone i know invested heavily in it.
At least for her sake it shouldnt crash cry

If not for her, i would be laughing my ass out now cry

Hey
Re: Why I Think MMM Is Gone For Good by RealityShot: 2:33am On Dec 17, 2016
BabaRamota1980:

Hey
NEW DIGITAL PRODUCTS WEBSITE!

join now and start making N50,000
From each business center for life!

How?
BUY one info product for only N12,500
Sell it non stop to as many as you can
For the same N12,500

See my signature below for link
Yes.. You need to use the link join :-D
JOIN ME ON WHATSAPP TOO
THANKS
Re: Why I Think MMM Is Gone For Good by pedrilo: 5:07am On Dec 17, 2016
NL is so ecstatic in schadenfreude
Re: Why I Think MMM Is Gone For Good by lawa18(m): 6:20am On Dec 17, 2016
Fabulosdave01:
Lol. Race them alone. It is not your money. They knew the risks before they entered.
u lied. Good number of participants like u never took it as risk. To them its a kul biz and they are 100% sure of getting their money bk.
Re: Why I Think MMM Is Gone For Good by macmoyor(m): 6:24am On Dec 17, 2016
harmbhrosz:
dude....you're just too dumb

I've said it several times I'M NOT A PARTICIPANT OF MMM

Why I like MMM is that it has put smile on most of it participant(Nigerians) which is what the government has not/never done. Now instead of you slowpokes to channel that proposed smart brain of yours to government that has been ruining us, the banks that has been milking us, the policies that has been killing us, the politicians that has been looting us, you guys will rather make sure MMM dies... A scheme that was set for the sake of humanity to put smile on the faces of the common man

People didn't fell for MMM, they only took risk and risk is present in every fucking thing in life

Calling people names really makes you smarter right? Can you just have a simple discussion without showing your frustrations by calling people names? It shows how uncluttered you are. And ironically it makes you the dumbest idiot.
Re: Why I Think MMM Is Gone For Good by harmbhrosz(m): 7:44am On Dec 17, 2016
colossus2:

Just see who corrected and mocked someone earlier.
and what should it have been? Columbus??

The guy used words that never existed, I corrected him and you call that mockery right undecided

(In Yoruba) O Fe te

I'm waiting for your reply o, coz it seems you can't really stick your nose off people's business
Re: Why I Think MMM Is Gone For Good by harmbhrosz(m): 7:48am On Dec 17, 2016
macmoyor:

Calling people names really makes you smarter right? Can you just have a simple discussion without showing your frustrations by calling people names? It shows how uncluttered you are. And ironically it makes you the dumbest idiot.
just shut the hell up if you don't have anything reasonable to say...

Didn't you start the name calling, you never knew how MMM works and I was putting you through then you brought in who has low IQ undecided

Keep quiet if you don't have anything to say
Re: Why I Think MMM Is Gone For Good by harmbhrosz(m): 7:53am On Dec 17, 2016
colossus2:

You sound frustrated.
again..... you'll only become stupid when you loop into others discussion without having any reasonable thing to say.

I'm waiting for you correction in the other quote.
Re: Why I Think MMM Is Gone For Good by Nobody: 7:55am On Dec 17, 2016
oglalasioux:
I think MMM is gone for good for the following reasons :

1. There's no central account. This implies that the so called Mavros are simply electronic money. Everyone waiting to get help had provided help which they paid directly to other people in the past. They themselves argue that there's no central account. If there's indeed no central account where is their matured mavro? In the cloud?

2. I believe the system calculated that the get help overwhelmed the provide help. This overload may have happened a month ago and the system had no option than to shut down.

3. Unless new entrants provide enormous help in January, there's no way the get help group can recoup their money and that happening is very unlikely. The only way out is for the scheme to ask those whose monies are trapped to provide help again. That's akin to what happened in South Africa and Zimbabwe and we well know where they are now.

4. The outrageous bonuses drained the system of money that would've been used to settle new entrants. But the organizers knew all along that it's a scam so they built a long system of bonuses and cashed out. If the system was simply to help each other why the big bonuses?

5. It's very likely that there's a group who don't provide help but get help multiple times. Who can check except the site admin who will always include his cronies when matching for payment comes up. Why will they do this? Because they know it's gonna crash.

6. When Mavrodians started showing off their 'wealth' I knew the end was near. All that show off was to get new entrants but they miscalculated the number of gullible people in Nigeria. Once the limit of people who want to reap where they didn't sow was reached, the scheme had to crash.

7. That letter to the government was the clincher. If mmm doesn't return in January all the blame will go to the government and the media. That has always been the scape goat in every country that mmm failed.

I loathe everything gambling. Even breweries that give millions of free drinks during promos are simply getting rid of expired stock. Telecom companies will give you 1000 percent return on your recharge but will bill the hell out of you during calls. Nothing in the world is cheap or free.
ALL OF YOU THAT ARE HAPPY THAT MMM FROOZE ALL PARTICIPANTS MAVRO, YOUR PROBLEM IS IGNORANCE AND JEALOUSY. NOT THAT YOU CARE FOR THOSE THAT ARE AFFECTED
1.YOU ARE JEALOUS BECAUSE, YOUR NEIGHBORS
WHO ARE MMM PARTICIPANTS ARE NOW BETTER
THAT YOU BECAUSE OF MMM.
1.YOU ARE IGNORANT BECAUSE, YOU KNOW NOTHING
ABOUT HOW MMM WORKS, AND YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT
THE WORD "CRASH" MEANS. YOU ARE HAPPY THAT MMM
HAVE "CRASHED" ACCORDING TO YOU GUYZ, AND YOU FORGOT
THAT NIGERIA STARTED CRASHING FROM 2013. ONE EGG TODAY, IS NOW
50 NAIRA I WONDER WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO YOU GUYZ BY 2017 YOU
GUYZ SHOULD BE CONCERNED ABOUT HOW BUHARI IS GOING TO BRING
YOU GUYZ OUT OF POVERTY NEXT YEAR IF HE CAN, NOT WHAT HAPPENED TO OTHER PEOPLE'S MONEY, NIGERIA IS THE FASTEST DYING COUNTRY IN AFRICA RIGHT NOW
IN FACT IT IS NIGERIA THAT HAVE CRASHED NOT MMM. I BELIEVE THE PEOPLE THAT INVESTED ON MMM WERE AWARE OF THE RISKS THAT WAS INVOLVED. IT IS THIER BUSINESS NOT OURS. WHAT IF MMM RETURN BY JAN 2017 AS THEY SAID, WON'T YOU BE
ASHAMED? PEOPLE STARTED JOINING MMM BECAUSE OF THE BAD ECONOMY WHICH THE
GOVERNMENT IS DOING NOTHING ABOUT. MAY GOD SAVE NIGERIA.

Imagine this post 306 Likes, 40 shares hatred and jealousy at work.
Re: Why I Think MMM Is Gone For Good by Blessograo(f): 8:06am On Dec 17, 2016
Another reason is they are already opened in Kenya. When it comes to fraud African countries suffer it
Re: Why I Think MMM Is Gone For Good by robosky02(m): 8:32am On Dec 17, 2016
Blessograo:
Another reason is they are already opened in Kenya. When it comes to fraud African countries suffer it

hope your money is not there cheesy
Re: Why I Think MMM Is Gone For Good by oglalasioux(m): 9:22am On Dec 17, 2016
maxwell60:
ALL OF YOU THAT ARE HAPPY THAT MMM FROOZE ALL PARTICIPANTS MAVRO, YOUR PROBLEM IS IGNORANCE AND JEALOUSY. NOT THAT YOU CARE FOR THOSE THAT ARE AFFECTED
1.YOU ARE JEALOUS BECAUSE, YOUR NEIGHBORS
WHO ARE MMM PARTICIPANTS ARE NOW BETTER
THAT YOU BECAUSE OF MMM.
1.YOU ARE IGNORANT BECAUSE, YOU KNOW NOTHING
ABOUT HOW MMM WORKS, AND YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT
THE WORD "CRASH" MEANS. YOU ARE HAPPY THAT MMM
HAVE "CRASHED" ACCORDING TO YOU GUYZ, AND YOU FORGOT
THAT NIGERIA STARTED CRASHING FROM 2013. ONE EGG TODAY, IS NOW
50 NAIRA I WONDER WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO YOU GUYZ BY 2017 YOU
GUYZ SHOULD BE CONCERNED ABOUT HOW BUHARI IS GOING TO BRING
YOU GUYZ OUT OF POVERTY NEXT YEAR IF HE CAN, NOT WHAT HAPPENED TO OTHER PEOPLE'S MONEY, NIGERIA IS THE FASTEST DYING COUNTRY IN AFRICA RIGHT NOW
IN FACT IT IS NIGERIA THAT HAVE CRASHED NOT MMM. I BELIEVE THE PEOPLE THAT INVESTED ON MMM WERE AWARE OF THE RISKS THAT WAS INVOLVED. IT IS THIER BUSINESS NOT OURS. WHAT IF MMM RETURN BY JAN 2017 AS THEY SAID, WON'T YOU BE
ASHAMED? PEOPLE STARTED JOINING MMM BECAUSE OF THE BAD ECONOMY WHICH THE
GOVERNMENT IS DOING NOTHING ABOUT. MAY GOD SAVE NIGERIA.

Imagine this post 306 Likes, 40 shares hatred and jealousy at work.

Dear brother, I created this thread not out of jealousy or hatred. I sincerely hope the scheme bounces back to life next year as promised. But the success you attribute to mmm is artificial. Money is taken from one person and given to another with ridiculous returns.

Mmm can only succeed if you take away that outrageous return and stop the bonuses. There's no economic design to allow the scheme to survive when you reward people for doing absolutely nothing. I know of a man who put in 3 million naira and got a return of 1.2 million naira. He never put in money into the scheme again. How will the scheme survive if people like that perticipate?

You forget we are in Nigeria where the rule book is always thrown away. Had mmm maintained the policy of 'spare money' limiting the participation to a certain amount of money nothing of this kind would have come up. But you have people staking in 10 million naira and pulling out 3 million in one fell swoop. Most of these big stakers never return to the scheme. Is that not akin to robbing Peter to pay Paul? Did the 3 million naira fall from trees? It was pooled out of other donors who have been caught at crossroads now. Judging from our culture of Christmas celebration, mmm has done a great disservice to the Nigerian people even if it bounces back in January.

There's no reason for me to be jealous of mmm participants. I have friends and neighbors that are into it. It simply didn't appeal to me because I believe in working for my money.

And yes it concerns us. And yes it's everyone's money. I heard on the news this morning that a corp member staked his sister's wedding money into mmm are you saying it doesn't concern this woman and her prospective husband? Should they postpone their wedding to January 14? They are other similar stories even of a woman that staked her children school fees whose husband beat black and blue. Are you saying it's not this pained man's business? If the children miss a session in school due to this mavro freeze till January 14, what will mmm do about it?

The government you are berating have a primary responsibility to protect it's citizens. I blame the government for not doing the needful by stopping mmm thereby saving hundreds of thousands of families the agony of spending a bleak Xmas.

For the sake of the sanity of our society, I sincerely hope mmm return as planned but if the scheme continue this jamboree of 30-50 percent returns and those out of the blue bonuses, expect a bigger bitter crash in no time.

1 Like

Re: Why I Think MMM Is Gone For Good by Blessograo(f): 11:17am On Dec 17, 2016
robosky02:

hope your money is not there cheesy
Me of all people, I don't do free money from a company o except if it's a gift from friends or family.

1 Like

Re: Why I Think MMM Is Gone For Good by Blessograo(f): 11:22am On Dec 17, 2016
oglalasioux:

Dear brother, I created this thread not out of jealousy or hatred. I sincerely hope the scheme bounces back to life next year as promised. But the success you attribute to mmm is artificial. Money is taken from one person and given to another with ridiculous returns.

Mmm can only succeed if you take away that outrageous return and stop the bonuses. There's no economic design to allow the scheme to survive when you reward people for doing absolutely nothing. I know of a man who put in 3 million naira and got a return of 1.2 million naira. He never put in money into the scheme again. How will the scheme survive if people like that perticipate?

You forget we are in Nigeria where the rule book is always thrown away. Had mmm maintained the policy of 'spare money' limiting the participation to a certain amount of money nothing of this kind would have come up. But you have people staking in 10 million naira and pulling out 3 million in one fell swoop. Most of these big stakers never return to the scheme. Is that not akin to robbing Peter to pay Paul? Did the 3 million naira fall from trees? It was pooled out of other donors who have been caught at crossroads now. Judging from our culture of Christmas celebration, mmm has done a great disservice to the Nigerian people even if it bounces back in January.

There's no reason for me to be jealous of mmm participants. I have friends and neighbors that are into it. It simply didn't appeal to me because I believe in working for my money.

And yes it concerns us. And yes it's everyone's money. I heard on the news this morning that a corp member staked his sister's wedding money into mmm are you saying it doesn't concern this woman and her prospective husband? Should they postpone their wedding to January 14? They are other similar stories even of a woman that staked her children school fees whose husband beat black and blue. Are you saying it's not this pained man's business? If the children miss a session in school due to this mavro freeze till January 14, what will mmm do about it?

The government you are berating have a primary responsibility to protect it's citizens. I blame the government for not doing the needful by stopping mmm thereby saving hundreds of thousands of families the agony of spending a bleak Xmas.

For the sake of the sanity of our society, I sincerely hope mmm return as planned but if the scheme continue this jamboree of 30-50 percent returns and those out of the blue bonuses, expect a bigger bitter crash in no time.
God bless you o. How can someone just think of giving you extra cash for doing nothing when they are not crazy. I said this and someone said I'm jealous and bad belle, besides the company moved to Kenya this week too. Africans are always the knee to suffer scam. Why did MMM open in the US, why in African countries? No one cares to listen.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Think MMM Is Gone For Good by Gbengageorge: 11:31am On Dec 17, 2016
eddiebomba:
This is MMM .The Monkey Money Madness! (MMM)

Once upon a time in a village, a man appeared and announced that he would buy monkeys for N100 each. The villagers seeing that there were so many monkeys around, went out to the forest and started catching them.

The man bought thousands at N100 and as supply started to diminish, the villagers stopped their efforts. He further announced that he would now buy at N200. This renewed the efforts of the villagers and they started catching monkeys again. Soon the supply diminished and people started going back to their farms. The offer rate increased to N250 but the supply of monkeys became so little that it took much effort to even see a monkey, let alone catch one.

The man now announced that he would buy monkeys at N500! However, since he had to go to the city on some business, his assistant would now buy on his behalf.

In the absence of the man, his assistant told the villagers: ”Look at all these monkeys in the big cage that my OGA has bought from you, I will sell them to you at N350 and when my OGA returns from the city, you can sell it to him at N500”.

The villagers squeezed out all their HARD EARNED savings and bought all the monkeys. The most greedy ones among them even sold their lands to purchase many MONKEYS, hoping to make a huge profit without labor.

Then…

They never saw the man or his assistant. Only monkeys everywhere!

Welcome to MMM. The world of Monkeys!
Be wise

This stupid song is here again
Re: Why I Think MMM Is Gone For Good by EZEBEL: 12:51pm On Dec 17, 2016
PUSH1:
What are you saying op?
Have u done it before?

Hmm
Re: Why I Think MMM Is Gone For Good by EZEBEL: 12:53pm On Dec 17, 2016
MrIcredible:

Gibberish!

MMM will surely return.

It's not only in Nigeria that mmm has gone into pause mode.

MMM has been in existence since in the 1990s.

Nigerians love quick money so, mmm will surely be back.

I cashed out on Thursday and I collected 90% of my money and bonuses.

I have provided help twice since this pause and waiting to be matched.

I'll surely pay when I get matched.

MMM is good but not perfect.

The only thing that will make mmm crash completely is the outrageous bonuses the system has provided for the so-called guiders.
A guider can provide help of 1million naira and get 6 million naira within a month. This is ridiculous. Instead of about 1.4 million naira an ordinary member will get.

My advice to the admin is that THEY SHOULD CANCEL THE STUPîD GUIDERS BONUSES OR REDUCE IT TO ABOUT 0.0000001%.
REFERERS BONUSES SHOULD BE 5%
AND MAVRO GROWTH SHOULD BE EVERYDAY AND NOT JUST TUESDAYS AND THURSDAYS.

LONG LIVE MMM.
True talk seyi
Re: Why I Think MMM Is Gone For Good by colossus2: 12:55pm On Dec 17, 2016
harmbhrosz:

I'm waiting for you correction in the other quote.
That needs a correction too.
You sound frustrated.
I asked you a simple question politely and all you have done is show the kind of riff-raff that you are. Won't honour you with a mention again.
Re: Why I Think MMM Is Gone For Good by harmbhrosz(m): 1:29pm On Dec 17, 2016
colossus2:

That needs a correction too.
You sound frustrated.
I asked you a simple question politely and all you have done is show the kind of riff-raff that you are. Won't honour you with a mention again.
your mention was never a honour to me(I never needed it)

I thought you were going to make the correction you observed in the other post. #ewu

Next time you won't just bump into a discussion and spill dust.

Oya swerve make i see road
Re: Why I Think MMM Is Gone For Good by popsy2(m): 4:16pm On Dec 18, 2016
Nothing good has ever come out of this Buhari's administration; from fuel to Tomato to Rice to Naira to electricity and now, unto MMM ! why be a kill-joy for Marvro's sake ?
Re: Why I Think MMM Is Gone For Good by oyibadjeke: 9:29am On Dec 21, 2016
FcMilan:
NEVA LIKED DS MMM frm day 1

but let's stop celebrating d failure all because ur friend asked u to join and u said nop

If we celebrate d failure of Mmm D's way den it goes deep to show how we hate ourselves

wen people were rejoicing abt MMM paying dem u didn't make it a top list gist

nw it has crashed ur making it a top gist jus to mk fun of dem

pls stories lik Dis if nt managed has SUICIDAL effect

let's reduce d MMM post fr Christ sake
. Sure! MMM is nt the only scheme ponzi/pyramid scheme In Naija oooooooo... Or is re pple being paid to b anti MMM? Post abt others too..

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Check Out What I Saved From My Can Piggybank For 5 Months / MMM Nigeria This Is How MMM Zimbabwe Crashed. / MMM Participants Lose Patience, Attack Each Other, Guiders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.