Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,395 members, 7,836,587 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

How Do I Get Rid Of This Ex?! - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do I Get Rid Of This Ex?! (3653 Views)

Get Rid Of Your Excess Body & Tummy Fat / Help!!! She is Angry With Me Cause I Told her to Get Rid Of The Pregnancy / How Can I Get Rid Of This (picture) 18+ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Get Rid Of This Ex?! by brooklyn99: 9:31pm On Nov 25, 2009
ez doz it, say afta me: I AM A PSYCHO, I AM A STALKER!!!! repeat 10,000 times. ure scary mami,
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of This Ex?! by ezdozit: 10:08pm On Nov 25, 2009
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin. you are funny!! no way, i'm not a stalker oo. i am just unfortunate to like someone and because i am trying so hard to move on, the thoughts nag back,

looool. that got me though, nice one, stalker ke?? e bi like say u don stalk person to seem to know the 101 of it,
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of This Ex?! by brooklyn99: 12:21am On Nov 26, 2009
lol@ ez doez it: ive actually been seriously and professionally stalked to know one when its unfolding.lol
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of This Ex?! by ezdozit: 10:15pm On Nov 28, 2009
@brooklyn,

you wish you were. i dont' have the time to stalk another human. it has never even crossed my mind and i definitely am not doing it unconsciously.

you obviously have never genuinely been in love before.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of This Ex?! by brooklyn99: 4:52am On Nov 29, 2009
ive actually been in love a few times b4. and i've also been aggressively stalked by this one benin gal on one occasion. NEVER AGAIN!!! U, my dear lady, are a stalker. just admit it
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of This Ex?! by ezdozit: 10:07am On Nov 29, 2009
@brooklyn99,

Now you're talking. So you've been in love in the past. And a few times, you said. That means things didn't work out between you and the different girls at the difference times.

Looking back now, you most probably liked one of them more than you liked the rest, right? how did you get over her to be able to move on is what i need info on. Not anything about your stalking history, Or how you can point one out.

Talking about this is actually helping. I am not thinking about this guy so much again.

I met someone i like already so i think that is helping,
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of This Ex?! by LordReed(m): 4:17pm On Nov 29, 2009
I suppose he was ur 1st Ok so why did u guys breakup d 1st time?
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of This Ex?! by ezdozit: 9:37pm On Nov 29, 2009
@@lord_reed,

actually, no. he is the 2nd guy i dated, i guess it s his attributes i admired a lot. level headedness, jovial and really intelligent. he was also focus, the best was the great communication.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of This Ex?! by LordReed(m): 11:07am On Nov 30, 2009
ez doz it:

@@lord_reed,

actually, no. he is the 2nd guy i dated, i guess it s his attributes i admired a lot. level headedness, jovial and really intelligent. he was also focus, the best was the great communication.

Ok so why did u guys call it quits?
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of This Ex?! by ezdozit: 11:52pm On Nov 30, 2009
@ lord reed.

it just ended. even i can not pin-point a reason.

good things never last, do they?
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of This Ex?! by LordReed(m): 1:40pm On Dec 02, 2009
ez doz it:

@ lord reed.

it just ended. even i can not pin-point a reason.

good things never last, do they?

Hmmm me thinks u guys had unfinished business dats why it took so long for u guys to say goodbye. I've experienced such but the only way out is to make a strong decision in ur mind to let him go. Don't think about him don't compare him others, do wat I call filing. File him in the cabinet called Over and Done With.

About good things lasting well dat is arguable.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of This Ex?! by Taiwobayo: 5:53pm On Dec 02, 2009
@ Smooooth: U're the Man, i like hw u handled 'getting over ur Ex' Thumbs up Man!

@ Ez doz it: Hey! i can imagine wat u r going thru.It's real difficult i must say, Hmmm, in dis kindda situation u need real good friends 2 hang around wif: U can reach me here;- femieswift@yahoo.com

Take care dear,
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of This Ex?! by brooklyn99: 7:07pm On Dec 02, 2009
@EZ DOZ IT. once i break up wit a chic thats it. i dont remember em again; ancient history

@Lord Reed: in ur profile pic do not tell me ur wearing that thick ass hoody out there in africa!!!! undecided
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of This Ex?! by jamace(m): 5:09am On Dec 04, 2009
Act according to your ID - - Easy does it. cheesy
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of This Ex?! by LordReed(m): 10:22am On Dec 04, 2009
brooklyn99:

@Lord Reed: in your profile pic do not tell me your wearing that thick ass hoody out there in africa!!!! undecided

Better believe it! and believe me it was dat cold, my ears were freezing.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of This Ex?! by ezdozit: 11:59pm On Dec 12, 2009
@brooklyn99,

so what are u feeling like now? a strong man, abi? na pple like u dey get depression, feeling like you can just fling feelings on the floor and stamping on them and then baaam!! they vanish!

yea right? for your mind,

@@@jamace,

abi oo. taking it easy.

@@lordreed,

its cool. working. made that strong decision and its working.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of This Ex?! by LordReed(m): 12:44pm On Dec 16, 2009
ez doz it:

@@lordreed,

Glad to hear dat girl.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of This Ex?! by adconline(m): 1:29pm On Dec 16, 2009
So long as you keep espousing these attributes, you  can never cut this guy off your mind. It's like saying I want to lose weight, but on the hand you are reciting 10 good reasons why you love ice cream.
If the guy is crazy  as you are about him, he would have gotten hitched. He does not love you the way u you and he doesn't want to tell u that so as to not hurt your feelings. if he ever settles down  to marry u , guaranteed, you are going to put over 70% in that union since you are afraid of losing him. Your self esteem is on  blast here. you have to love your beautiful self to understand that you really dont t need a man, but want a man who would complete you. It seems to me that you see marrying this guy as an accomplishment instead of  looking at the big  picture of what marriage is all about . it's a difficulty task that will last forever with challenges and triumphs
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of This Ex?! by lannre(m): 3:06pm On Dec 16, 2009
Very Personal this is what I observe, some Ex-(both sex) after trying others and observe the new catch is not as good as the "Ex" will summon courage to make up, on the other hand some feel its fun to "taste" back the experience before settling down.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of This Ex?! by kpolli(m): 3:39pm On Dec 16, 2009
ez doz it, are u still on this?
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of This Ex?! by LordReed(m): 4:59pm On Dec 17, 2009
kpolli:

ez doz it, are u still on this?

adconline:

So long as you keep espousing these attributes, you  can never cut this guy off your mind. It's like saying I want to lose weight, but on the hand you are reciting 10 good reasons why you love ice cream.
If the guy is crazy  as you are about him, he would have gotten hitched. He does not love you the way u you and he doesn't want to tell u that so as to not hurt your feelings. if he ever settles down  to marry u , guaranteed, you are going to put over 70% in that union since you are afraid of losing him. Your self esteem is on  blast here. you have to love your beautiful self to understand that you really dont t need a man, but want a man who would complete you. It seems to me that you see marrying this guy as an accomplishment instead of  looking at the big  picture of what marriage is all about . it's a difficulty task that will last forever with challenges and triumphs

I wonder why people don't read preceding posts before commenting.

ez doz it:

@@@jamace,

abi oo. taking it easy.

@@lordreed,

She says she's getting it over with. Which part of dat don't u understand?
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of This Ex?! by ezdozit: 9:56pm On Dec 17, 2009
great response from you all, thanks, even the criticisms have helped, he's hardly ever on my mind anymore . i would say i have achieved like 90% success in getting out from my mind.

and it's been, see me actually checking guys out!! woooo hoooooo!!

@@@lanre, i see sense for wetin you talk oo. i just might have to get together for a short while cuz deep down inside I know i would not feel great and entire satisfaction settling down with him, its probably just the ex-factor thing.

@@adconline, true that, i am seeing the big picture now and love my self, thanks for your advise.

@@lord_reed, yes its worked so much I appreciate it.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of This Ex?! by adconline(m): 12:17pm On Dec 19, 2009
Lord Reed @ I wonder why people don't read preceding posts before commenting
u ended up not saying anything or offering a piece of advice. It seems u are only good at copying and pasting.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of This Ex?! by ddiamond(f): 4:25pm On Dec 19, 2009
God it really terrible, same thing happening to me here, so i tot of calling his mother since have been introduced to her before and say something nice that really make my heart bleed little this days. try it tooo it might out as expected cos. but mine is just three years oooooo. tongue
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of This Ex?! by LordReed(m): 12:20am On Dec 27, 2009
adconline:

Lord Reed @ I wonder why people don't read preceding posts before commenting
u ended up not saying anything or offering a piece of advice. It seems u are only good at copying and pasting.

Ahh I guess ez doz it was thanking me for my none existent advise. Thank you for pointing that out.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of This Ex?! by Nobody: 12:57am On Dec 27, 2009
What exactly was the cause of the breakup with 'x'? You know what they say. . .I hope you do because I can't remember the quote.

Something about ex's being ex's for a reason.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of This Ex?! by firedancer(f): 4:52am On Dec 27, 2009
it is a very difficult situation as a matter of fact am in this kinda situation too and to make matters worse am addicted to this particular ex, what av been doing is to avoid all sorts of physical contacts,deleted his numbers,made a list of what i hate about him and all he has done to wrong me nd trustme whenever i refer back to my "black list" i just start un-liking him, make friends with a new set of guys with different mindset from your ex' and socialize more it helps don allow yourself to get so lonely nd bored that way you might end up thinking abt him put yourself into your work or your social life just get busy and in no time u ll forget him, let him run after you if he is interested in you
good luck wink
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of This Ex?! by H2O2: 5:04am On Dec 27, 2009
firedancer:

it is a very difficult situation as a matter of fact am in this kinda situation too and to make matters worse am addicted to this particular ex, what av been doing is to avoid all sorts of physical contacts,deleted his numbers,made a list of what i hate about him and all he has done to wrong me nd trustme whenever i refer back to my "black list" i just start un-liking him, make friends with a new set of guys with different mindset from your ex' and socialize more it helps don allow yourself to get so lonely nd bored that way you might end up thinking abt him put yourself into your work or your social life just get busy and in no time u ll forget him, let him run after you if he is interested in you
good luck wink

I agree with most of what you said.
Except, no need to rush into anything with other guys. Give yourself a chance to get over this one first. Cut him off completely like you suggested. Even if he runs back to you, be strong enough to recognize that he represents what is bad for you. You shouldn't be dating him or someone like him again. Godluck. You will be fine.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of This Ex?! by firedancer(f): 5:24am On Dec 27, 2009
H2O2:

I agree with most of what you said.
Except, no need to rush into anything with other guys. Give yourself a chance to get over this one first. Cut him off completely like you suggested. Even if he runs back to you, be strong enough to recognize that he represents what is bad for you. You shouldn't be dating him or someone like him again. Godluck. You will be fine.
no i did not say she shld start seeing new guys o i said[b]make friends[/b] platonic ise ise thingy o any guy she rushes into now ll just be the rebound guy nd dat is not good for her
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of This Ex?! by H2O2: 5:32am On Dec 27, 2009
those "platonic" friends would try to exploit her. she could become emotionally vulnerable. do some things she would later regret.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of This Ex?! by ezdozit: 4:05am On Jan 03, 2010
@@everyone, thanks!!

Been making really good progress, hardly think about him and even when he does cross my mind, it's like a dull memory for which i can't get a clear picture. It has all been thanks to God. I had to pray about it so it doesn't blind me when the real deal comes along.

and then i just read a post of a woman with 2 kids and a husband and is still hung up on her ex, that should not be anyone! it's just ridiculous, and @@@@brooklyn99-- why are you always so harsh and act inhuman (not justifying that poor woman emotional entangled triangle)? just ignore when you are irritated instead of liberating your lethal tongue, we know say you dey america.

thanks for all the good advice, i put some of them to good use and didn't even have to do a lot because the key was loving myself and seeing that i am better off without this ex, i thought it would be difficult noting i couldn't get over him for almost 10years!! angry angry angry bu God said yes to my prayers and now, he is a candle in the wind and gone with it!!

its a disease of the mind for anyone stuck in the mess, i'm glad i'm finally out.
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of This Ex?! by Nobody: 4:33am On Jan 03, 2010
Move on girl. The guy may look back now and ask himself what he saw in you in the first place.
You may still be dying for him and he doesn't give a damn about you. You just have to move on.
10yrs is enough to completely change everything we're looking for in a partner, what u guys had my just have been 'childish' to him.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can You Donate One Of Your Kidneys To Your Love If They Need It? / Dedicate A Song To Ur Boo Or Bae / Yes! Airforce1 My Bf Got Swagg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.