Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,956 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

Why Marriage is a scam. - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Marriage is a scam. (28746 Views)

No Sex Before Marriage Is A Scam / Why Marriage Men Cheat On Their Wivies / Top 10 Reasons Why Marriage Is Overrated! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Marriage is a scam. by Nobody: 10:14am On Dec 24, 2016
Toks2008:

Do you know that it is a sign of intellectual stundedness when you juxtapose a write up with the persona or personal life of the writer?

In my life no woman has ever broken heart but whenever I write stuffs I do from a pragmatic angle and not about what is ideal....I write outside the box and what I write has no correlation with who I am or what goes on in my life.

I have seen sweet ladies..calm honest and a wife material in all respect but because I'm very visual I just look away if such lady does not appeal to me sexually.

So if I marry a lady that is sexually pleasing to my eyes will that be called selfish?

If a lady says she does not want to marry a broke guy and she decides to marry a rich man even if she becomes a second wife please how does that sound selfish? it's individual choices that matter.
Yad a Yad a Yad a

1 Like

Re: Why Marriage is a scam. by kaboninc(m): 10:17am On Dec 24, 2016
kaeforum:
Marriage Is a union between persons who are determined to stay together, it was never meant to be perfect and isnt expected to be. it still remains the most sought after relationship by adults despite stories of divorce and infidelity.
People still fly by air despite plane crashes.
Marriage Is No Different.
Some Of The Problems We Have In Society Today Is As A Result Of The Attack On Marriage As An Institution.

I do not agree with that. Rather I'll say it is about the individuals. Individuals make up the society.
Re: Why Marriage is a scam. by Toks2008(m): 11:33am On Dec 24, 2016
greenermodels:
true words but I'm afraid of you o.

You need not be afraid...I'm just one down to earth guy who see and say stuffs the way they are and not the way they ought to be.
Re: Why Marriage is a scam. by Toks2008(m): 11:35am On Dec 24, 2016
kaboninc:

So it that why you are yet to marry?
Marriage is overhyped
Re: Why Marriage is a scam. by Nobody: 11:39am On Dec 24, 2016
This thread is full of fallacies and half-truths.

1 Like

Re: Why Marriage is a scam. by kaboninc(m): 11:54am On Dec 24, 2016
Toks2008:

Marriage is overhyped

But you do want to get married
Re: Why Marriage is a scam. by Toks2008(m): 12:10pm On Dec 24, 2016
kaboninc:

But you do want to get married

I was technically married...I know it's kinda confusing but I was.

In yoruba culture when you do an elaborate introduction both partners are considered partially married until the bride price is paid...
Re: Why Marriage is a scam. by Nobody: 12:20pm On Dec 24, 2016
Toks2008:

In yoruba culture when you do an elaborate introduction both partners are considered partially married until the bride price is paid...
And when you were "technically married", you and your partner did live together for 12 years after which she lost interest in the "union" due to a disagreement bordering on some financial challenge?
Re: Why Marriage is a scam. by kaboninc(m): 12:22pm On Dec 24, 2016
Toks2008:

Lol..

Now I see where the issue of divorce came from.

I think I've read where you talked about this technical wife of yours.

We'll, overrated or not, do you still want to get married?
Re: Why Marriage is a scam. by Codes151(m): 12:28pm On Dec 24, 2016
That's the irony of life
Re: Why Marriage is a scam. by Nobody: 12:33pm On Dec 24, 2016
Its with every year this marriage issue becomes more complicated .

I have said it that I'm sure something will be developed as another option to marriage that will be met with social approval soon .

Just go to reddit.com and search for the red pill and hear peoples experiences .

Used to be they would say marry your friend but friends make the best enemies cause they know how to hit you where it hurts .

If you do not believe in marriage - prepare to stay on your own .
Re: Why Marriage is a scam. by LordReed(m): 1:36pm On Dec 24, 2016
Toks2008:
This piece is written as a result of the misconception many people have when it comes to tagging a marital union a scam or potential scam.

Many guys and ladies are still single at very ripe age because they still believe that their intending spouse should love them for "real"(whatever that means) so they always want to be too careful and in the process fall into worse hands..

The stark truth is that there will always be a reason for anyone to be with another regardless of how selfish,lame or wicked it may sound but at the end it is still a legitimate union and the couple could be together till death if the conditions remain favorable so what is the fuss about?

In essence,whatever reason you choose to marry that person is your choice..whether it is because of parental pressure,beauty,sex,money,nationality,fame,power and so on,it remains a valid reason and the other party should either take the risk or back out.

- An unassuming guy woos a rich lady and she says he only wants her money.

-A rich guy sees a lady who wants him and he says it's about his money.

-A Nigerian guy or lady chooses to marry an European or American and they say it's for a green card.

-Even a broke cocky guy will say a lady does not really want him but just love his bedmatics.

Conclusively I will say there is really nothing like scam marriage because most marriages are as a result of selfish interest from both party.

My opinion.

The saddest part of this opinion is that it sounds intelligent but is based on a faulty premise. The premise is that any contract is valid because both parties signed it. An analogy will be say there is no difference between a 419er and a bank because both of them collect your money based on expected future gains. That will be the height of naivety to believe such a premise. Any lawyer will tell you that contracts are invalidated once it is shown that any of the parties involved had no capacity to fulfill it. If you are entering a marriage without having the capacity to fulfill it, you are a scam.

Please go aboard and marry for papers then tell the official writing your certificate that you are marrying for papers whether they won't deport your nyash straight away.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Marriage is a scam. by Toks2008(m): 1:37pm On Dec 24, 2016
gensteejay:

And when you were "technically married", you and your partner did live together for 12 years after which she lost interest in the "union" due to a disagreement bordering on some financial challenge?

Lol! investigator..anyways as a politician I have an open book policy to life which Is why I don't have skeleton in my closet.

Yes you are right and after 3 years she cane back but I was not cool with her acts so I finally called it quit ..life goes on.

BTW it was about 6 years of cohabitation but 6years of dating making about 12years
Re: Why Marriage is a scam. by Toks2008(m): 1:42pm On Dec 24, 2016
LordReed:

The saddest part of this opinion is that it sounds intelligent but is based on a faulty premise. The premise is that any contract is valid because both parties signed it. An analogy will be say there is no difference between a 419er and a bank because both of them collect your money based on expected future gains. That will be the height of naivety to believe such a premise. Any lawyer will tell you that contracts are invalidated once it is shown that any of the parties involved had no capacity to fulfill it. If you are entering a marriage without having the capacity to fulfill it, you are a scam.

Please go aboard and marry for papers then tell the official writing your certificate that you are marrying for papers whether they won't deport your nyash straight away.

lol! same way she won't say she is marrying the man because of his koboko...
Re: Why Marriage is a scam. by LordReed(m): 2:02pm On Dec 24, 2016
Toks2008:

lol! same way she won't say she is marrying the man because of his koboko...

For sure we humans are treacherous but it doesn't make some things right. In marriage people should as much as possible be honest about their feelings and desires because unlike business contracts which have little to no sentiments attached, marriage has plenty of sentimentality attached. You shouldn't toy with people's feelings, don't say I love you when you don't mean it because that person is going to expect and demand for that love which you won't have because you never loved in the first place.

Can you marry for money, beauty, koboko, bedmatics, etc? Yes but let both parties be clear on their position. It is not an absurd idea, it has been so in our history. People have married for various reasons and have been clear about their positions. People just find it more convenient to be deceptive at the expense of someone else's emotions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Marriage is a scam. by Toks2008(m): 2:09pm On Dec 24, 2016
LordReed:

For sure we humans are treacherous but it doesn't make some things right. In marriage people should as much as possible be honest about their feelings and desires because unlike business contracts which have little to no sentiments attached, marriage has plenty of sentimentality attached. You shouldn't toy with people's feelings, don't say I love you when you don't mean it because that person is going to expect and demand for that love which you won't have because you never loved in the first place.

Can you marry for money, beauty, koboko, bedmatics, etc? Yes but let both parties be clear on their position. It is not an absurd idea, it has been so in our history. People have married for various reasons and have been clear about their positions. People just find it more convenient to be deceptive at the expense of someone else's emotions.

I understand your sermon but your last sentence sums it up.
Re: Why Marriage is a scam. by kaboninc(m): 2:12pm On Dec 24, 2016
Toks2008:

Lol! investigator..anyways as a politician I have an open book policy to life which Is why I don't have skeleton in my closet.

Yes you are right and after 3 years she cane back but I was not cool with her acts so I finally called it quit ..life goes on.

BTW it was about 6 years of cohabitation but 6years of dating making about 12years

I was right after all.. .
Re: Why Marriage is a scam. by Nobody: 2:42pm On Dec 24, 2016
Toks2008:

Pardon my intrusion. I have been your acquitance here for more than two years so I know tiny details about you.
Re: Why Marriage is a scam. by Nobody: 2:48pm On Dec 24, 2016
greenermodels:
life have taught me that Nigerians with the sweetest words like you are often the worst in character. average Nigerians don't care about trust and good name.

well its a shame thanks I'm intelligent thats all it's not about sweet words but I wont be loved by all and I'm okay with it

I wasted years in love I'm just coming from a place of love and wisdom I've cried tears this year because I didn't study his character

Merry Christmas tho God Bless you luckily I don't know you but God knows me by my name

1 Like

Re: Why Marriage is a scam. by Toks2008(m): 3:08pm On Dec 24, 2016
gensteejay:

Pardon my intrusion. I have been your acquitance here for more than two years so I know tiny details about you.

No p...I'm not the secretive type anyways...I believe sinister humans tend to hide.
Re: Why Marriage is a scam. by Nobody: 4:09pm On Dec 24, 2016
Toks2008:

I am FREE! Thank you.
Re: Why Marriage is a scam. by Toks2008(m): 5:12pm On Dec 24, 2016
FortuneTeller:

I am FREE! Thank you.

yinmu!

Now you are looking for an easy way out of the trouble you started...show spoiler,alakoran...

Maybe the imaginary babe only needed a go ahead from her but rather than ask me questions on matters she is not sure about she just concluded shit.

God pass you...oludenna...witch
grin

At my age,scam wedding...that means I'm terribly jinxed.
Re: Why Marriage is a scam. by Ishilove: 7:49pm On Dec 24, 2016
Toks2008, I disagree with you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Marriage is a scam. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:53pm On Dec 24, 2016
Ishilove:

State your reasons dear (Not that I agree with him)
Re: Why Marriage is a scam. by Toks2008(m): 8:33pm On Dec 24, 2016
Ishilove:

Maka why

Btw I never called marriage a scam...if you understand that write up very well you will understand my stands.
Re: Why Marriage is a scam. by MNDY(m): 10:10pm On Dec 24, 2016
Opakan2:
Op you dey find trouble..

some layabouts wey by chance see man marry go soon come for your head.. na their own life achievement you don rubbish so

Guy, dis thing wey you talk so, no be small thing fa.
Re: Why Marriage is a scam. by Nobody: 7:09am On Dec 25, 2016
kaboninc:

I do not agree with that. Rather I'll say it is about the individuals. Individuals make up the society.

You re wrong!! It takes more than an individual to make a society.

A society is a system with structures, cultures, norms value. Individuals may contribute to a society but it takes more than an individual to make or sustain a society.

A tree cannot make a forest.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Write A Letter To Your Future Husband/wife. / My Terrible Experience With SEX ENHANCER / Lady To Spend 50% Of Her Salary On Her Boyfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.