Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,709 members, 7,816,912 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:06 PM

Why Marriage is a scam. - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Marriage is a scam. (28744 Views)

No Sex Before Marriage Is A Scam / Why Marriage Men Cheat On Their Wivies / Top 10 Reasons Why Marriage Is Overrated! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Marriage is a scam. by babyfaceafrica: 10:29pm On Dec 23, 2016
Toks2008:

As I wrote...ignore her.

If you read through the thread you will see where I mentioned that nairalanders and baseless presumptions are like bread and butter..trust me,I'm enjoying it which is why I played along .

Same way some concluded that I'm seeing jadekitana. . a lady I have never seen in my life.

So please just ignore.
you should ignore some of these people...you sef he dey your body!!!

2 Likes

Re: Why Marriage is a scam. by pennytrate: 10:29pm On Dec 23, 2016
•• → Until u stop listening to people's opinion u won't do what's right for u °°
Re: Why Marriage is a scam. by Nobody: 10:30pm On Dec 23, 2016
Firstly, men invented marriage to reserve women for themselves but within that marriage the women rip them off big time. Now they say its a scam, who started the scamming ?
Re: Why Marriage is a scam. by Eddodoh(m): 10:32pm On Dec 23, 2016
firstking01:
Thought you said you are married before??
One babe might be tripping for de guy here & on see dis she would withdraw. Don't spoil his market. Abeg, bury d matter!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Marriage is a scam. by Nobody: 10:32pm On Dec 23, 2016
this op's tale is like saying success is a scam just because u werent successful. op u never got to ask people bout how they've been able to make their marriages strong all year long. this just a myopic sentiment from a disgruntled op

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Marriage is a scam. by Nobody: 10:33pm On Dec 23, 2016
Keep deceiving yourself undecided
Xiadnat:

Is that so?? Interesting. Figures! You would know..... i guess this means you wont be asking or requiring any body to help, love and care for you for just because , right? One day, you will soon eat those words.

So, assuming i entertain the possibility of a future with you, it would be because of ?? Your physical attributes? Your questionable personality? Or your wealth? Cause i can tell ya right now, its none of that.

That said i disagree with the premise of this statement because there are still few but people out there who love purely and find themselves drawn to others for no explainable reason.

It exits. And i intend to find that kind of love and marriage cause it will be God ordained.

1 Like

Re: Why Marriage is a scam. by firstking01(m): 10:34pm On Dec 23, 2016
Eddodoh:

One babe might be tripping for de guy here & on see dis she would withdraw. Don't spoil his market. Abeg, bury d matter!!!
Hehehehe, toks2008 na my G that's why he be like say i dey attack am...hin no dey wan greegrin
Re: Why Marriage is a scam. by riczy(m): 10:34pm On Dec 23, 2016
My cup must be filled and overflow by January 2017.
Re: Why Marriage is a scam. by Kisna(m): 10:37pm On Dec 23, 2016
TRUTH ABOUTH NIGERIAN MILITARY SHOULD BE TOLD.

The Nigeria military is said to be the populous army in the whole Africa which I see no reason Nigeria should be called that.
Nigeria army tortures Their trainee and violate human rights all in the name of training.
Head implant is one of the training done by our military at times I wonder what it will add to our soldiers in battleground are they going to use their head to Kill enemies or weapons. I asked a soldier what is the use of those Inhuman training and he was like that's the standard to make them tough If so I believe Nigeria military should be No.1 in world in terms of physical training but that's not so the UNITED STATES MILITARY is the best they don't engage in such inhuman training.
NIGERIAN DEFENCE ACADEMY is a military institution Where cadets are trained to be Military officer.
68Regular Course 2Cadets were reported dead within 2days of their stay in the academy and I believed the academy did rigorous test to make sure they are physically fit at Times you will find cadets with broken bones Etc why no safety precaution for them to use.Am also an aspirant of the academy I know the process before they accept you into the prestigious academy those new clowns that died, died for nothing cause their family were not compensated the family of the deceased did not even enjoy the fruit of their labour I feel sorry for them.
US ARMY Every family of the brave men that defend their country are well taken care of.Soldiers that died in Iraq Syria etc are Treated like Little gods Unlike Nigeria the government don't give a Bleep about these brave men.A Rtd soldiers once said there is no difference between dying for a girl that don't love you and dying for Nigeria
The training in the academy is aimless and useless and it's called the "mother of African academy" South African Academy in the world is ranked 7TH PLACE NIGERIAN MILITARY INCLUDING WON'T BE FOUND TOP 100 AMONG THE BEST MILITARY IN THE WORLD.
In N.M you would see someone above 18years beaten like an animal.
Welcome to Depot is done to wash civilian blood trainee would lie inside a dirty gutter for hours and still they would be beaten inside I wonder what kind of training is that.
May God help us.
Nigerian military ain't equipped also the fact is Boko haram and Niger delta have the right weapons to destroy the N.M.
I know many dedicated aspirant but because of the inhuman training they can't serve their nation.
During training some trainee even disappear from the place nowhere to be found cause of the foolish training which is bad.
Those in military presently joined because that's the only way to make money for them some because their life entirely has no meaning which is bad.
Complied by Kisna
Part 1.
Re: Why Marriage is a scam. by Nobody: 10:39pm On Dec 23, 2016
Toks2008:

Guy even the 78 year old woman knows it's a charade from the onset but the feeling of having a young schlong in her makes her overlook the red flag.

But you know the funny part? if the 78year old knows how to keep that young guy, she just might be with him till she passes on or even be with him while allowing him to catch his fun if he so desires.....REALITY OF LIFE
Carefully gone thru this thread and I must say this : if I had an enemy in the UK, I wouldnt advice her to touch you even with a barge pole.
The lady who dumped your sorry ass (fortune teller's friend) did the right thing.
To think that you consider it as the best option , marrying a white to advance your personal interest makes me quesy, and makes you no different from the yahoo boys.
Ladies need to stay far away from you, like seriously.

2 Likes

Re: Why Marriage is a scam. by Nobody: 10:40pm On Dec 23, 2016
prettyboi1989:
this op's tale is like saying success is a scam just because u werent successful. op u never got to ask people bout how they've been able to make their marriages strong all year long. this just a myopic sentiment from a disgruntled op
Pls tell him.

1 Like

Re: Why Marriage is a scam. by Nobody: 10:42pm On Dec 23, 2016
I think this thread is orchestrated towards changing the plight and misconceptions someone or some set of people are having towards the OP. Ofcourse, he is smart and he knows his onion as far as writing to convince and garner unnecessarily sympathy.

I blame the moderator that pulled this thread to front page without observing what is happening on the thread.

What I can rightly observed is that, there is more to this thread and majority of the people commenting here are oblivious of what is at stake.

I wouldn't mind if FortuneTeller can tell me more, as I assumed Toks is trying with his sugar-coated mouth.
Re: Why Marriage is a scam. by AngelsAndStars(m): 10:44pm On Dec 23, 2016
But how come my own thread didn't make it? haba why nau. i still believe mine is worth getting better view....

cc; Toks2008, lalasticlala, seun, mynd44

https://www.nairaland.com/3508166/understanding-love-economics-educative
Re: Why Marriage is a scam. by kennyone: 10:45pm On Dec 23, 2016
Marriage in Nigeria these days is a case of vested interest. People get married because of their selfish interest in the other party.

2 Likes

Re: Why Marriage is a scam. by AngelsAndStars(m): 10:48pm On Dec 23, 2016
Toks2008:

It does not always work out that way dude.

As I wrote..95% or even more of the marriages we see are scam marriages cos it is usually borne out of selfish interest.
all marriages are for selfish interests.... ALL

2 Likes

Re: Why Marriage is a scam. by skyo78(m): 10:53pm On Dec 23, 2016
Toks2008:
This piece is written as a result of the misconception many people have when it comes to tagging a marital union a scam or potential scam.

Many guys and ladies are still single at very ripe age because they still believe that their intending spouse should love them for "real"(whatever that means) so they always want to be too careful and in the process fall into worse hands..

The stark truth is that there will always be a reason for anyone to be with another regardless of how selfish,lame or wicked it may sound but at the end it is still a legitimate union and the couple could be together till death if the conditions remain favorable so what is the fuss about?

In essence,whatever reason you choose to marry that person is your choice..whether it is because of parental pressure,beauty,sex,money,nationality,fame,power and so on,it remains a valid reason and the other party should either take the risk or back out.

- An unassuming guy woos a rich lady and she says he only wants her money.

-A rich guy sees a lady who wants him and he says it's about his money.

-A Nigerian guy or lady chooses to marry an European or American and they say it's for a green card.

-Even a broke cocky guy will say a lady does not really want him but just love his bedmatics.

Conclusively I will say there is really nothing like scam marriage because most marriages are as a result of selfish interest from both party.

My opinion.

Are you married?

If you are not, then your opinion is null and void.

Edit: Ok, after reading through your other comments, I can see what you are trying to say.

All I can say is that you are entitled to your opinion, you do make a point, but don't generalize it to every marriage.

But as far as human beings are concerned, self preservation is a very strong factor (consciously or subconsciously).
So that's why I will agree with the 'selfish' interest you are trying to mention.
Even if the person doesn't know it, he or she is going into a marriage that he/she feels will be good/beneficial for him/her.
It might not be for material or physical things, it could just be that the partner makes them happy and comfortable. Etc, etc

4 Likes

Re: Why Marriage is a scam. by kenex4ever(m): 10:54pm On Dec 23, 2016
Xiadnat:

Is that so?? Interesting. Figures! You would know..... i guess this means you wont be asking or requiring any body to help, love and care for you for just because , right? One day, you will soon eat those words.

So, assuming i entertain the possibility of a future with you, it would be because of ?? Your physical attributes? Your questionable personality? Or your wealth? Cause i can tell ya right now, its none of that.

That said i disagree with the premise of this statement because there are still few but people out there who love purely and find themselves drawn to others for no explainable reason.

It exits. And i intend to find that kind of love and marriage cause it will be God ordained.
@boldened, everyone loves for a reason, know this today to prevent u from getting confused 2mao.

Everybody has his/her requirement b4 they bond with a certain person.

1 Like

Re: Why Marriage is a scam. by Nobody: 10:55pm On Dec 23, 2016
Neyoor:
I think this thread is orchestrated towards changing the plight and misconceptions someone or some set of people are having towards the OP. Ofcourse, he is smart and he knows his onion as far as writing to convince and garner unnecessarily sympathy.

I blame the moderator that pulled this thread to front page without observing what is happening on the thread.

What I can rightly observed is that, there is more to this thread and majority of the people commenting here are oblivious of what is at stake.

I wouldn't mind if FortuneTeller can tell me more, as I assumed Toks is trying with his sugar-coated mouth.

It began in the thread about a man scamming an American lady. Toks defended the man's fraudulent behavior. I told him he was supporting the man because he engaged in the same activity. About 3 years ago, Toks was using his sweetmouth to catch an American lady my husband and I know well. He revealed to her that his wife left and never returned. He also admitted to doing the same with a Canadian lady in the other thread. He asked me to send the lady's name and information. I spoke with my husband and he said to drop the matter, so I am going to be quiet on this.
Re: Why Marriage is a scam. by AlphaStyles(m): 10:59pm On Dec 23, 2016
So what u are technically trying to say is that we shouldnt marry? bkus am confused

1 Like

Re: Why Marriage is a scam. by AngelicBeing: 10:59pm On Dec 23, 2016
cool
Re: Why Marriage is a scam. by Nobody: 11:06pm On Dec 23, 2016
First of all , I don't even know anything about the OPs rationale behind this . But my people there are some experiences you will have in marriage that will definitely make you think that it is scam .

I used to believe in the institution of marriage ...I still do but not just for me right now . Due to certain bad experiences that I have had. However if you want to get married let me tell you the following . Disclaimer ; who am I to tell you guys what to believe in tho ? Either way here goes

1. Never rush into marriage . Trust me . Do not be blinded by how appealing your partner is take your time .

2. No matter what nothing will prepare for the shock of reality you will experience once you are married . No amount of premarital classes will prepare you for this .

3. A lot of people @ your wedding do not really care about you .... The next morning you and your partner are on your own for the rest of your life . Why are you trying to impress them .

4. What you use to start your relationship is what you continue to see and provide during your marriage . If you start a culture of solely being financially responsible for all expenses ...be ready to continue . Unless something changes .

5. Any partner who is determined not to be happy in marriage ,consciously or subconsciously will find a way to do so .

6. Money is important in marriage ...but there are problems that money cannot solve . I often see people saying that they would rather cry in G - wagon or something like that . Until you have a G wagon you won't know how ironic this statement is ...go figure

7. As a husband it is never about you ...its about your family .

8. Marriage is not for everyone ...at every time in life . We all know we have issues .

I could go on and on ...but my people for whatever reason you get married ...please every now and then take time to appreciate your partner .

If you ever have to chose between love and money ...please do not choose fear .

8 Likes

Re: Why Marriage is a scam. by VajanahDischaj(f): 11:08pm On Dec 23, 2016
Toks2008:
This piece is written as a result of the misconception many people have when it comes to tagging a marital union a scam or potential scam.

Many guys and ladies are still single at very ripe age because they still believe that their intending spouse should love them for "real"(whatever that means) so they always want to be too careful and in the process fall into worse hands..

The stark truth is that there will always be a reason for anyone to be with another regardless of how selfish,lame or wicked it may sound but at the end it is still a legitimate union and the couple could be together till death if the conditions remain favorable so what is the fuss about?

In essence,whatever reason you choose to marry that person is your choice..whether it is because of parental pressure,beauty,sex,money,nationality,fame,power and so on,it remains a valid reason and the other party should either take the risk or back out.

- An unassuming guy woos a rich lady and she says he only wants her money.

-A rich guy sees a lady who wants him and he says it's about his money.

-A Nigerian guy or lady chooses to marry an European or American and they say it's for a green card.

-Even a broke cocky guy will say a lady does not really want him but just love his bedmatics.

Conclusively I will say there is really nothing like scam marriage because most marriages are as a result of selfish interest from both party.

My opinion.
I dont understand. please start afresh.
Re: Why Marriage is a scam. by obindomanya(m): 11:10pm On Dec 23, 2016
Toks2008:

And you think everyone does?

You neva jam some people who are hell bent on looking for pure reasons.

Tell a rich lady you want her and she will say you want her money

Tell a janded lady you want to marry her and she will say you only want a green card.

A rich guy sees a lady who desires him and he says it's because of his money and even a broke cocky guy will say a lady only wants his schlong.

So in essence some people still want to believe that a marriage proposal must be hinged on pure desire but unfortunately it is not.

At least that person wants to be with you for whatever reason so you either accept and put efforts to make it work or continue to wait for a "genuine reason"
true
Re: Why Marriage is a scam. by Nobody: 11:11pm On Dec 23, 2016
Toks2008:

Nairalanders married a lady for me and also dissolved the union with their speculations and I'm loving it.
baba I want to chop your jollof rice in 2017. You are too experienced in marital affairs. Get married already.
Re: Why Marriage is a scam. by Toks2008(m): 11:12pm On Dec 23, 2016
FortuneTeller:

It began in the thread about a man scamming an American lady. Toks defended the man's fraudulent behavior. I told him he was supporting the man because he engaged in the same activity. About 3 years ago, Toks was using his sweetmouth to catch an American lady my husband and I know well. He revealed to her that his wife left and never returned. He also admitted to doing the same with a Canadian lady in the other thread. He asked me to send the lady's name and information. I spoke with my husband and he said to drop the matter, so I am going to be quiet on this.

You are a troll lady so just negodu.

I went through your hypocritical thread pretending you are not the one involved but psychologically it is so clear you wrote about yourself.

Get this straight for the last time. almost all if not all marriages are scam and even your marriage is a big big scam.

How does it become a scam if a lady feels she cant marry a poor guy?

ITS HER FREAKING CHOICE and same way you come up attacking me because i defended a guy who married a lady and latter brke up after getting a green card...does that nullify thousands of Nigerians who are married happily to foreign ladies even years after getting their green card?

Cant you see how confused you are?
Re: Why Marriage is a scam. by Toks2008(m): 11:18pm On Dec 23, 2016
Neyoor:

My broda i just tire o....i have practically begged this fortuneTeller to tell even me more but she will not bulge...

If you go to the genesis of the whole thing you will realize that i never created this thread for front page but to pass a message to that busy body fortuneTeller that even her own marriage in teh states is a big scam and i can prove to her.

Is it not crazy that the moment a Nigerian be a lady or guy decides to marry a foreigner the next thing the start saying is that it is for green card...how is that different from a lady who wants a rich guy or a lady who wants a cute guy...is one reason more important than another?
Re: Why Marriage is a scam. by AlphaDibia(m): 11:23pm On Dec 23, 2016
Why Toks is an idiot

a] Because she is

b] Because I said so

c] How come black women like Toks are the only ones who says stuvs like this?
Re: Why Marriage is a scam. by Naturalized(m): 11:25pm On Dec 23, 2016
Single here and i usually tell my friends, even the married ones this single fact - Everyone goes into a relationship because of something.

That something can be anything from companionship or because the other person is made, or has a very well planned future, or independent, or handsome/beautiful or good in bed e.t.c e.t.c

Does that make marriage a scam? I don't know, i haven't been in one. But that partner of yours got into the relationship initially because of what may be interpreted as a selfish reason.

1 Like

Re: Why Marriage is a scam. by Toks2008(m): 11:28pm On Dec 23, 2016
sapiosexual1:

Carefully gone thru this thread and I must say this : if I had an enemy in the UK, I wouldnt advice her to touch you even with a barge pole.
The lady who dumped your sorry ass (fortune teller's friend) did the right thing.
To think that you consider it as the best option , marrying a white to advance your personal interest makes me quesy, and makes you no different from the yahoo boys.
Ladies need to stay far away from you, like seriously.

If i were you i will just humbly accept the truth and calm down rather than rant senselessly.

You probably are still one of those who believe in pure love and that makes me wonder where you are from.

Whatever i write may not be acceptable to everyone but they are facts of life that i have gathered in over 4 decades of my existence.
99.9999% of the marriages you see are hinged on selfish reasons and take away that reason and there will be no union...some people tend to get fed up when the reason for the marriage is not forthcoming while some stay put in bitterness.

Just pray and hope that the condition remains favorable so that you will not come back to this thread and agree with me.

As for the U.K part then i must say you need to calm your nerves and read very well before you make baseless comments.
Re: Why Marriage is a scam. by omonnakoda: 11:31pm On Dec 23, 2016
I think this is the result of joblessness and overdose of rice.What we need to determine now is which rice exactly/Is it Plastic rice,Lake Rice ,Obiano rice or Fayose rice

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Write A Letter To Your Future Husband/wife. / My Terrible Experience With SEX ENHANCER / Lady To Spend 50% Of Her Salary On Her Boyfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.